Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Simu Liu's Alleged Homophobic, Sexist and Racist Passed Exposed by The Advocate.

If this is true, oh boy............

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116September 21, 2021 4:05 PM

Well, shit. No part 2 for you!

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2021 3:54 PM

He’ll claim he’s being harassed because he’s Asian and will probably shift the narrative to black people, citing rap lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2021 3:59 PM

What did he pass?

Gas?

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2021 4:01 PM

This is stupid. I agree with his response. There was no social media in my early days but if there had been, it would have captured a lot of immature, ignorant thoughts that I’ve long outgrown.

Almost everyone has them.

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2021 4:01 PM

He’s expressing compassion for pedophiles (born this way) without endorsing acting on their desires. Not surprising given he had just played one.

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2021 4:02 PM

R4 Problem with argument that is that all these comments were made in 2015 .... so "stupid remarks from my youth" doesn't really work here.

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2021 4:04 PM

His passed, OP?

JFC, illiteracy is abounding on this board lately.

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2021 4:05 PM

Well his career deserves to "pass" if this is true, but because he's not white he'll likely "get out of jail for free. "

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2021 4:07 PM

R5 Well, is he wrong on that one? Most people think pedophiles and child molesters are the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2021 4:08 PM

No one is born a pedophile. They are developmentally stunted.

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2021 4:10 PM

It goes beyond this supposed pedophile comment. He allegedly was trolling young women and making anti-black remarks and it appears the account has been confirmed as his sooooooooooooo....but yeah R8 is right, the woke crowd won't come after him because he's Asian.

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2021 4:10 PM

Well, I’m sorry but we have a no tolerance policy when it comes to tolerance here, bud. So sail back to Asia on the junk you floated here in upon. Is there a white actor here who can imitate Mickey Rooney’s performance in Breakfast at Tiffany’s?

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2021 4:12 PM

[quote] the woke crowd won't come after him because he's Asian

Like they didn't go after Cosby or R. Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2021 4:13 PM

God! People can't even read nowadays. Nothing he said was homophobic. He says there is a genetic trait for homosexuality, so there might be one for pedophilia. He doesn't say pedophilia is ok since it violates rights of those under 18.

Hit the uncancel button.

by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2021 4:17 PM

R13 In both cases, the twitter mob didn't go after them until literally a dozen or so women came forward.

by Anonymousreply 15September 18, 2021 4:18 PM

[quote] Hit the uncancel button.

Can’t. It’s like unringing the bell.

That’s one of the many problems with cancel culture.

by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2021 4:20 PM

R14 Comparing homosexuality to pedophilia is a stupid thing to do given gays=pedophiles has been an argument of the right and religious communities for decades. And saying you have sympathy for pedophiles in general.....dumb, dumb, dumb. But I am more concerned about the allegedly anti-black comments he was making on Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2021 4:21 PM

[quote] Nothing he said was homophobic. He says there is a genetic trait for homosexuality, so there might be one for pedophilia.

That's an awful comparison. Pedophilia isn't about being attracted to a particular gender. It's about feeling sympathy for someone because they had messed up childhoods.

[quote] But I am more concerned about the allegedly anti-black comments he was making on Reddit.

But of course. Gays should know their place in the victim hierarchy.

by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2021 4:23 PM

#stopasianhate OP

p/s bitch is so EXHAUSTING

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2021 4:23 PM

It really isn't surprising since he expressed sympathy for rioters and even encouraged criminal behavior during the BLM protests so this admission is par for the course.

by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2021 4:24 PM

[quote] It's about feeling sympathy for someone because they had messed up childhoods.

What?

by Anonymousreply 21September 18, 2021 4:25 PM

This post he made in 2019 is the only one that matters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 18, 2021 4:25 PM

I do get what he may be trying to say. Not excusing behavior but trying to understand its root cause. But in this day and age of child grooming and miscreants trying to lower the age of consent in the disguise of "medical freedom" and "trans rights" this is the kind of talk that just emboldens the continuation of that child abuse.

It is a difficult line to walk. Your words need to be carefully chosen and you need to explain your thoughts fully. Otherwise perhaps best to say nothing.

by Anonymousreply 23September 18, 2021 4:26 PM

I see r19 beat me to it. I typed too slow.

But yes, anyone who goes digging in people's social media posts from 6 years earlier is pathetic. It would be one thing if he said it today (though the people thing is more poorly phrased than offensive, and obviously not intended to be). But I doubt anyone would want to be called out for every post they made 6 years ago. People change. Most of us aren't the same people we were 6 years ago, and everybody says something they regret or wish had put differently.

by Anonymousreply 24September 18, 2021 4:27 PM

R21 I said that there is no genetic component to pedophilia, pedophiles are developmentally disabled. So are other criminals. That doesn't mean you should feel sympathy for them.

by Anonymousreply 25September 18, 2021 4:27 PM

Like straight guys don't fantasize about 14-yr. old girls?

Gay men usually go for 'macho': muscles, big cock, deep voice. Some go for a more youthful look, probably because it makes them feel young. Very few get excited by hairless little undeveloped boys.

by Anonymousreply 26September 18, 2021 4:30 PM

R24 a child, maybe. A grown ass man? Nah. Own that shit.

by Anonymousreply 27September 18, 2021 4:30 PM

Social Media Drama snags another victim

When will people learn? NEVER put it in writing. Didn't y'all learn that when you were kids?

by Anonymousreply 28September 18, 2021 4:32 PM

R26 14 year olds are post pubescent so not pedophilia.

by Anonymousreply 29September 18, 2021 4:32 PM

R24 He was 27 when he allegedly made these comments....a grown man. But he's not going to get cancelled, the fraus and SJWs are protecting him on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 30September 18, 2021 4:34 PM

“He’s expressing compassion for pedophiles (born this way) without endorsing acting on their desires. Not surprising given he had just played one.”

That is why this world is so fucked up. Children being raped by adult men deserve our compassion, and not sadistic, violent rapists. Nice game men are running here.

by Anonymousreply 31September 18, 2021 4:34 PM

I see a slight chink in his argument.

by Anonymousreply 32September 18, 2021 4:35 PM

Nobody chooses to be a pedophile. Feeling compassion for their predicament is not the same thing as endorsing acting on their desires.

by Anonymousreply 33September 18, 2021 4:42 PM

I don't think his intention was to be homophobic but his comparing homosexuality and pedophilia (even though he wasn't directly linking the two) was just STUPID!!! I am more concerned about his comments regarding the NBA and women in sports. And I find it hard buying the "stupid things we've said in the past argument" because these comments were made when he was in his late 20s, hardly a stupid thing we said in our youth. I am not into this whole "cancel culture" thing and will wait to hear more from him directly, but I do wonder if the reaction would be so "give him the benefit of the doubt" if he were a straight white man.

by Anonymousreply 34September 18, 2021 4:46 PM

Lol this thread is filled with fraus or fangirls defending this ugly loser.

by Anonymousreply 35September 18, 2021 4:48 PM

I find it VERRRRRYYY interesting how a lot of gay men are willing to give people like Simu Liu, Chris Pratt, Mark Walburgh, or Matt Damon the benefit of the doubt....I guess if you're attractive enough we'll just let it slide.

by Anonymousreply 36September 18, 2021 4:48 PM

"Homophobic, Sexist and Racist Passed Exposed "

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 37September 18, 2021 4:51 PM

We should be more forgiving. What's passed is passed.

by Anonymousreply 38September 18, 2021 4:53 PM

R37 Yes honey that joke has been made several times now in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 39September 18, 2021 4:53 PM

R10 Show us the medical proof of that.

by Anonymousreply 40September 18, 2021 4:56 PM

[quote] I said that there is no genetic component to pedophilia, pedophiles are developmentally disabled.

I get what you're trying to say but there is a genetic component to some developmental disabilities. The disabling factor could be genetic or environmental but its commonality is that it hinders normal development of the person physically, intellectually or psychologically.

I don't know what the research shows on genetics as a factor in paraphilia.

by Anonymousreply 41September 18, 2021 4:57 PM

R18 "It's about feeling sympathy for someone because they had messed up childhoods"

Messed up childhoods don't create pedophiles.

by Anonymousreply 42September 18, 2021 4:57 PM

A LOT of paid Marvel shills working overtime in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 43September 18, 2021 5:01 PM

There isn’t eve proof he said this. Even if he did, so what? It’s his opinion and he is allowed to have one. Even if some people don’t like what he says. If he were black DLers would be making excuses for him.

by Anonymousreply 44September 18, 2021 5:01 PM

Racist Nazi ar r44.

by Anonymousreply 45September 18, 2021 5:02 PM

Give him a break. He's not aging well.

by Anonymousreply 46September 18, 2021 5:04 PM

R45 fuck off. It’s the truth. If somebody black said this hit it would already be ffd. DLers are a bunch of hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 47September 18, 2021 5:05 PM

R41 Still no genetic link has been speculated unlike for homosexuality. I guess you could say it could be linked to other abnormalities, but we'll never know as no one wants to be associated with it.

by Anonymousreply 48September 18, 2021 5:11 PM

R47 Total BS....if anything the only reason Simu isn't being brought down is because he isn't white. The bar to being cancelled on social media is much higher for anyone who isn't white.

by Anonymousreply 49September 18, 2021 5:13 PM

Good news he can be easily replaced since they all look the same anyway.

by Anonymousreply 50September 18, 2021 5:15 PM

Pedophiles can be "made". They are "made" by the men who molest them in their youth.

Homosexuality can be "made". They are "made" by the men who molest them in their youth.

If you get a boy at just the right stage of their development, you can short circuit him and rewire him.

While I do advocate that people can be born gay, I do not think someone is born a pedophile.

by Anonymousreply 51September 18, 2021 5:26 PM

R51 This is fucking stupid

by Anonymousreply 52September 18, 2021 5:27 PM

Homosexuals can't be made. If they are straight and engage in homosexual acts, that doesn't change their orientation.

by Anonymousreply 53September 18, 2021 5:30 PM

Just read. He might be an asshole but what he said was not homophobic or sexist. He was just trolling. Like Wtf. Do people read before jumping to a conclusion nowadays?

by Anonymousreply 54September 18, 2021 5:34 PM

R54 Um where have you been for the the last 10 years...everything is purely reactionary nowadays. By the way, the comment that women are not good at sports because they aren't men is totally a sexist comment.

by Anonymousreply 55September 18, 2021 5:38 PM

[quote] the comment that women are not good at sports because they aren't men is totally a sexist comment.

It doesn't mean women are bad at sports. It just means that women shouldn't compete with men. That's actually a fair point.

by Anonymousreply 56September 18, 2021 5:48 PM

Crazy that people have a problem with that statement, which is true, and not pedophila. We're definitely living in The Twilight Zone.

by Anonymousreply 57September 18, 2021 5:48 PM

What racist things did he said?

by Anonymousreply 58September 18, 2021 6:00 PM

He does come across as douchey and immature.

by Anonymousreply 59September 18, 2021 6:03 PM

"I recently... did a significant amount of research [on pedophiliacs]..."

Here we go again.

Why do the Eddie Punchclocks and Sally Housecoats of this world think that their "research" on the Internet is the equivalent of what actual experts in academic fields do?

This is just like the anti-vaxxers.

by Anonymousreply 60September 18, 2021 6:05 PM

He's done.

by Anonymousreply 61September 18, 2021 6:45 PM

[quote] A LOT of paid Marvel shills working overtime in this thread.

Or, you’re a moron. I know what I’d bet on.

by Anonymousreply 62September 18, 2021 6:55 PM

R61 Nah, he has the marveltards and fraus rabidly defending him and straightsplaining what being gay is. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 63September 18, 2021 7:41 PM

Marveltard at r62.

I'd bet on that.

by Anonymousreply 64September 18, 2021 8:20 PM

You’d lose.

by Anonymousreply 65September 18, 2021 8:24 PM

This is stupid. This is stupid cunts trying to be important about stupid shit that doesn't matter. I don't even know who this guy is, but I know his accusers. Every cunt on twitter, every cunt on instagram, every cunt on facebook. Every cunt who thinks finding some stupid ass quote from a decade ago makes them a hero.

fuck off, cunts, nobody cares.

by Anonymousreply 66September 18, 2021 8:45 PM

[quote]So sail back to Asia on the junk you floated here in upon.

[quote] I see a slight chink in his argument.

[quote] Good news he can be easily replaced since they all look the same anyway.

Wow, and I thought DL couldn’t get any more racist. What is it with old white gays who think this is funny. It’s 2022 now, not 1960. Why is anti-Asian racism always okay on DL. Racism towards other races immediately get F&F’ed but racism towards Asians get W&W’ed. It’s really bizarre that this is tolerated in this day and age. This site is really regressive.

by Anonymousreply 67September 18, 2021 9:16 PM

This ugly freak compared us to pedos, not to mention he's a racist, misogynistic freak fuck, mrasian, incel loser.

by Anonymousreply 68September 18, 2021 9:18 PM

And the racism continues. R68 couldn’t even give it a rest for 2 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 69September 18, 2021 9:22 PM

I think he's saying your kink picks you, you don't pick your kink. In a real clumsy way.

by Anonymousreply 70September 18, 2021 9:24 PM

I listened to a recent interview and found him smart, open and quite likable.

We could cancel every person if we wanted… there’d be something we could find on everyone that would set us off.

I am not about to.

by Anonymousreply 71September 18, 2021 9:25 PM

Leave him alone

by Anonymousreply 72September 18, 2021 9:26 PM

R51 IS A RETARD

by Anonymousreply 73September 18, 2021 9:50 PM

R71 Ass kissing straight men that thinks us pedos elder queen.

by Anonymousreply 74September 18, 2021 9:51 PM

You just can’t please everyone, especially ugly old bitter queens. 😂

by Anonymousreply 75September 18, 2021 9:54 PM

People don’t care. We like him

by Anonymousreply 76September 18, 2021 10:35 PM

[quote]the twitter mob didn't go after them

Who cares? The amount of power and influence you give "the Twitter mob" is ridiculous. No one has ever been "canceled" by Twitter, the few people who were supposedly canceled unfairly were canceled by their employers, the media, sometimes celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 77September 18, 2021 10:39 PM

To counter the cancel mob?, we need to promote people like Simu tenfold. Thanks, idiot SJW's.

by Anonymousreply 78September 18, 2021 10:43 PM

I smell fraus

by Anonymousreply 79September 18, 2021 10:44 PM

My King

by Anonymousreply 80September 18, 2021 11:06 PM

I smell Marveltards.

R80

by Anonymousreply 81September 18, 2021 11:10 PM

R75 Lol, Simu looks like a melted butthole.

by Anonymousreply 82September 18, 2021 11:31 PM

This is the first DL thread in a while where I can't understand why some posts got upvotes while others didn't.

by Anonymousreply 83September 18, 2021 11:37 PM

He was also a member of this nasty racist sub of Asian males that hate Asian women that date put of race and black people, go figure. r/azidentity

by Anonymousreply 84September 18, 2021 11:37 PM

R65 is a pedo-apologist.

Most likely a pedo himself.

by Anonymousreply 85September 18, 2021 11:47 PM

Gay men are funny. A straight guy has sympathy for you because he thinks being gay is just like being a pedophile and you're like "we're cool with that because you think he's hot."

by Anonymousreply 86September 18, 2021 11:49 PM

So? I like hot bros

by Anonymousreply 87September 18, 2021 11:54 PM

r87

by Anonymousreply 88September 18, 2021 11:59 PM

People have been trying to link pedophilia to homosexuality or sociopathy (both of which have genetic components). It's related to psychological development. I find it very odd that people try to claim otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 89September 19, 2021 12:01 AM

Maybe I just have too much common sense for DL but defending someone for being sympathetic toward pedophiles or that homosexuality is in anyway is similar to a sexual deviation like pedophilia is probably not a winning argument...unless your a Trumpist or something.

by Anonymousreply 90September 19, 2021 12:05 AM

R86 It's most likely a bunch of incel trolls, not even gay men. Noticed everywhere on reddit he has a defense force but twitter is calling him out especially black folks on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 91September 19, 2021 1:17 AM

R91 Because the gays couldn't be bothered even though he insulted us the most.

by Anonymousreply 92September 19, 2021 1:30 AM

Joy Reid not only didn't get fired, she got promoted.

by Anonymousreply 93September 19, 2021 1:31 AM

Sum Ting Wong said by Sum Yung Gai?

by Anonymousreply 94September 19, 2021 9:06 AM

It's not like it was 20 years ago, it was 6 years ago. Can't claim ignorance on that timeline.

by Anonymousreply 95September 19, 2021 9:18 AM

Terrible analogy BUT I don't think it's too far-fetched to believe that people are born with an attraction to children. That doesn't mean there HAS TO BE a comparison to homosexuality. There just IS that comparison because straight men can't explain something they don't feel or understand so they've clumped it ALL together.

[quote]Gay men are funny. A straight guy has sympathy for you because he thinks being gay is just like being a pedophile and you're like "we're cool with that because you think he's hot."

NONE of this is happening in this thread nor did he say being gay is like being a pedophile.

by Anonymousreply 96September 19, 2021 9:24 AM

R96 is a Marveltard pedo-apologist/most-likely pedo himself.

by Anonymousreply 97September 19, 2021 11:59 AM

R97 Is retarded.

by Anonymousreply 98September 19, 2021 12:27 PM

Interesting that this came out about this guy as folks are also now going after Awkwafina for appropriating the black accent, aka the 'blaccent' for her entire career persona up until recently.

by Anonymousreply 99September 19, 2021 1:21 PM

R96 Um yes he did. His comments infer that homosexuality is a sexual disorder like pedophilia.

by Anonymousreply 100September 19, 2021 3:49 PM

His name always makes me think of Limu Emu.

by Anonymousreply 101September 19, 2021 4:37 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 102September 19, 2021 4:38 PM

A straight man comparing pedophiles to gays is completely fucked up. Those of you excusing this….. please. It’s total bullshit that feeds a homophobic narrative that gay men are molest little boys.

How many of you were posting fucked up shit like this on social media at age 27? I wasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 103September 19, 2021 4:43 PM

Not the best thing to say, but now what? People say things improperly. I don’t believe in canceling people because they misspoke

by Anonymousreply 104September 19, 2021 4:46 PM

sorry for the typos I just can’t believe the people excusing his behavior on here. He’s some straight asshole comparing us to pedophiles! Bottom line!

by Anonymousreply 105September 19, 2021 4:47 PM

Using the two in the one quote as an example of genetic disposition was stupid beyond belief.

Asians are culturally pretty homophobic and I suppose it's no surprise that he lumps in homosexuals and pedophiles to make a genetic point.

Sorry, but you are canceled!

by Anonymousreply 106September 19, 2021 4:49 PM

R106 makes a sweeping claim about Asian people. You sound pretty racist

by Anonymousreply 107September 19, 2021 4:50 PM

Sorry R107 but you are wrong.

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) rights in Asia are limited in comparison to many other areas of the world. Same-sex sexual activity is outlawed in at least twenty Asian countries.

by Anonymousreply 108September 19, 2021 4:55 PM

You should have specified you were talking about countries’ Laws instead of making a broad claim about an entire race of people

by Anonymousreply 109September 19, 2021 4:58 PM

R97 BUSTED . You found me. I'm a marveltard pedo. Quick find my IP address.

by Anonymousreply 110September 19, 2021 5:49 PM

[quote] Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) rights in Asia are limited in comparison to many other areas of the world. Same-sex sexual activity is outlawed in at least twenty Asian countries.

And what the fuck does that have to do with Simu Liu? He’s not from Asia.

by Anonymousreply 111September 21, 2021 4:51 AM

Me hate him long time!

by Anonymousreply 112September 21, 2021 3:23 PM

What's in the passed should stay in the passed.

by Anonymousreply 113September 21, 2021 3:51 PM

He doesn't say gays are pedophiles. He's saying it's likely a genetic mutation causing pedophilia, similar to a genetic mutation that might cause someone to be gay. (Although it still follows the idea that being gay is somehow abnormal when it is likely an evolutionary state.)

by Anonymousreply 114September 21, 2021 3:58 PM

R114 We've already established this but just comparing paedophilia to homosexuality, even if it's not intended as to be a direct comparison, is a no-no given that for decades paedophilia was synonymous with being gay.

by Anonymousreply 115September 21, 2021 4:02 PM

Is comparing gays to pedophiles just a western thing or is it the same in China. Maybe he just thinks of both groups as marginalized but unconnected.

by Anonymousreply 116September 21, 2021 4:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!