Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pence preps for potential 2024 presidential run amid rocky headlines about relationship with Trump

Mike Pence is adding staffers for his brand-new office in downtown Washington -- inching closer to a possible White House run even as his standing worsens with Trump and his base of supporters.

Pence isn't waiting to make up with his former running mate -- nor is he waiting for the former President to make up his own mind about his political future. People around Pence rejected the idea that he would hold off on his 2024 planning until Trump announces whether he'll run.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175November 1, 2021 2:09 AM

He’s on prep? Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 1September 17, 2021 9:03 PM

This is so funny. Can’t wait until this guy realises he has no constituency and disappears.

by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2021 9:04 PM

An odd move. Hard to fathom.

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2021 9:04 PM

Pence is the male version of Amy Coney Barrett.

Right-wing religious whacko authoritarians.

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2021 9:05 PM

As if.

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2021 9:06 PM

[quote] Pence is the male version of Amy Coney Barrett.

Hopefully he will be less successful than Miss Amy Cunty. I think he would be a really scary President.

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2021 9:08 PM

Shame because I actually think he’d be a great candidate but the MAGAts hate him for some irrational reason.

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2021 9:08 PM

Too many rethuglicunt voters write off Pence as the former guy's bitch. Pence is not seen as having the leadership skills needed for the top job. (Though FG proved time and again that serving and being qualified to serve are two different concepts.)

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2021 9:12 PM

Does the poor dear not realise that the people he wishes to represent wished to hang him earlier this very year?

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2021 9:13 PM

Pence is a milquetoast.

by Anonymousreply 10September 17, 2021 9:14 PM

Mother, May I Leap with Danger?

by Anonymousreply 11September 17, 2021 9:53 PM

He’ll be left standing there like cheese at four Pence.

by Anonymousreply 12September 17, 2021 9:57 PM

Mr. Pence, please have several seats.

by Anonymousreply 13September 17, 2021 10:30 PM

The GOP ticket will be Trump/DeSantis

by Anonymousreply 14September 17, 2021 10:31 PM

He'll be a shoo-in!

by Anonymousreply 15September 17, 2021 10:39 PM

^^Please just kill me if that ticket wins.

by Anonymousreply 16September 17, 2021 10:39 PM

Delusions of grandeur, he thinks God wants him to be the President. After all those years of sitting behind Trump at speeches and looking adoringly at him, Trump does what he always does--threw him under the bus. No way the GQP base would vote for him, they wanted to hang him on 1/6. That all said, I'm looking forward to seeing him fail spectacularly in his 2024 bid!

by Anonymousreply 17September 17, 2021 10:41 PM

I have sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2021 10:45 PM

Trump and DeSantis can't run on the same ticket, because they're both from the same state, and Trump wouldn't be able to handle being upstaged by DeSantis.

by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2021 10:47 PM

My god these freaks. IT'S OVER 3 YEARS AWAY. Get a life, losers.

Trump had set the trend that the election and campaigning never end, and the vast wasteland of the MSM is more than happy to report their every fart.

by Anonymousreply 20September 17, 2021 10:50 PM

None of the GOP hopefuls are waiting for Trump, they just aren't announcing that fact, except for Christie.

This article seems like Pence is just trying to keep everyone from writing him off. I don't see his path forward though. The Magat crowd love DeSantis, the religious crowd seems to be going for Haley, and the establishment is looking at Christie and Pompeo right now.

by Anonymousreply 21September 17, 2021 10:52 PM

Two words: Caitlyn Jenner.

by Anonymousreply 22September 17, 2021 10:55 PM

Can see him doing something like spending tax dollars on "ex gay" therapy centers

He scares me as much as Trump does

by Anonymousreply 23September 17, 2021 10:56 PM

A recent poll shows him trailing Duh Santis and even Don Jr (!!!)

by Anonymousreply 24September 17, 2021 10:57 PM

Pence is a moron but he does have that piously reassuring radio voice that hypnotizes uneducated Evangelical loons to vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 25September 17, 2021 10:59 PM

Sadly, any of the above can beat Joe. I l9ve him to def, but he just doesn't have the cojones to get onstage and fight for himself- esp. in 2024 when he'll be 82.

When I think how a dynamic candidate like Julian Castro, Cory Booker or even Pete Buttigieg could shred those wheezy, pasty Rethuglians onstage...

by Anonymousreply 26September 17, 2021 11:03 PM

R14

[quote] The GOP ticket will be Trump/DeSantis

No, the Constitution requires that the President and Vice-President not be citizens of the same state.

Cf. 2000 when Cheney had to do Twister-level contortions to re-establish his Wyoming domicile after living in Texas for many years.

I doubt those tactics will work for either of these fat fucks.

by Anonymousreply 27September 17, 2021 11:04 PM

Haley is courting the Evangelicals and the Jewish vote. A few months back one of the religious folks, I think it was Pat Robertson, practically endorsed Haley, not Pence. I think the interesting question is who will Pence wind up endorsing - I don't think it will be Haley, because there was already bad blood there.

by Anonymousreply 28September 17, 2021 11:04 PM

The Lincoln Project is already running ads to make Trump jealous of DeSantis. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

by Anonymousreply 29September 17, 2021 11:06 PM

The Evangelicals realize that Nimrata...I mean Nikki, is not a true Christian, right?

After all those years of saying the Obama is a closet Muslim, are they really stupid enough to go for the Indian lady?

by Anonymousreply 30September 17, 2021 11:47 PM

Trump's base won't go for Trump because Pence wouldn't do what the Constitution prevented him from doing in the first place. But that doesn't matter to Trump and the deplorable Maga crowd.

by Anonymousreply 31September 18, 2021 12:01 AM

^^I meant to say...

Trump's base won't go for Pence!

by Anonymousreply 32September 18, 2021 12:02 AM

He doesn't have a chance in hell, but he may as well go for those mouthwatering amounts of PAC donations every Republican seems to snag for their personal use.

by Anonymousreply 33September 18, 2021 12:05 AM

He came off as a total idiot in the VP debate. Interrupting Harris and allowing her to score a point by telling him to shut up, bringing up the 2009-2010 Swine Flu deaths when asked about Trump's Covid body-count and who can forget the fucking fly? This guy is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 34September 18, 2021 12:06 AM

Actually it is not the worst idea. If anyone could destroy Trump in a debate it would be Pence who knows all the dirt.

by Anonymousreply 35September 18, 2021 12:11 AM

[quote] Trump and DeSantis can't run on the same ticket, because they're both from the same state,

So what?

After all this time I have no idea why people still have this misconception.

[quote] No, the Constitution requires that the President and Vice-President not be citizens of the same state.

No.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 18, 2021 12:17 AM

^^^**Read the fucking Constitution loser.

Then pick up a textbook on Constitutional Law.

by Anonymousreply 37September 18, 2021 12:25 AM

Ron Death Sentence has tied himself to the albatross of covid. I think the public will be done with him after covid continues to ravage Florida during cold and flu season (which is right around the corner).

by Anonymousreply 38September 18, 2021 12:25 AM

[quote]Actually it is not the worst idea. If anyone could destroy Trump in a debate it would be Pence who knows all the dirt.

Dirt doesn’t destroy Trump.

by Anonymousreply 39September 18, 2021 12:30 AM

[quote]Can see him doing something like spending tax dollars on "ex gay" therapy centers

As opposed to “gender identity clinics”? Pick your poison.

by Anonymousreply 40September 18, 2021 12:31 AM

R39 R40 Trumpers.

by Anonymousreply 41September 18, 2021 12:33 AM

He has all of the charisma of boiled celery. He can count on votes from his fellow fundy nutters but that's not enough to win the WH. Just a crappy footnote to the worst POTUS in history and nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 42September 18, 2021 12:34 AM

[quote][R39] [R40] Trumpers.

I hope a Republican does set up ex-gay therapy clinics because I want to see left-wing homophobes duke it out with right wing homophobes. It’d be amazing.

by Anonymousreply 43September 18, 2021 12:35 AM

Don't forget Pence got the VP job because he was the Koch Brother's pick. With their kind of money behind him, I wouldn't rule him out quite yet.

by Anonymousreply 44September 18, 2021 12:40 AM

I don’t rule him out.

by Anonymousreply 45September 18, 2021 12:41 AM

Everyone hates Pence. Absolutely everyone

by Anonymousreply 46September 18, 2021 12:46 AM

R37, why don’t you tell the class what article and section of the Constitution strictly prohibits this.

Hint: Don’t say Article II, you’d be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 47September 18, 2021 12:46 AM

Pence setting up ex-gay clinics has gotten me all excited. I would completely vote for that.

by Anonymousreply 48September 18, 2021 12:51 AM

Twelfth amendment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 18, 2021 12:59 AM

If Trump and DeSantis can't both be from Florida, Trump will move back to NYC.

by Anonymousreply 50September 18, 2021 1:10 AM

Trump is never going to be on another ticket. Also, even he if he were, he'd never partner w/ DeSantis. The whole reason he chose Pence was because he's a nothing and would easily heel to the point of non-existence. Trump isn't going to choose someone ambitious like DeSantis - he'd fear him too much.

Wait until the Republican primary (because Trump is going to make this as difficult as possible for the GOP and make the whole thing about him). But just wait - he's going to completely attack DeSantis.

If you thought losing re-election was tough for Trump, just wait until the GOP tries to move beyond him. Ha! Trump is going to wait until forever to declare a candidacy just to keep sucking ALL the air out of the room. The GOP is his hostage. They should be praying for his death and I'm sure many of them are.

by Anonymousreply 51September 18, 2021 6:10 AM

I doubt he has any chance but just in case, let's have that fly on retainer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 18, 2021 6:38 AM

R51 Pretty much. It’s gonna suck. We’re gonna be stuck either with Trump who is unelectable or some hack like Nikki Haley who will betray us and enact some massive amnesty. Im probably not voting in 2024. Only way I do is if GOP has a nominee who is not Trump but who has the 2016 Trump position on immigration.

by Anonymousreply 53September 18, 2021 6:45 AM

Fuck off, troll

by Anonymousreply 54September 18, 2021 6:51 AM

R20, get a life yourself! It's not 'THREE YEARS AWAY'.

We're months away from 2022 (and the midterms) and no doubt potential candidates will start campaigning for President in mid to late 2023. That's about 20 months away...

by Anonymousreply 55September 18, 2021 7:55 AM

Yes, please don't vote in 2022 or 2024, R53. Just stay home.

by Anonymousreply 56September 18, 2021 8:15 AM

America is not going to vote for a president with the name Nikki.

by Anonymousreply 57September 18, 2021 12:18 PM

Plus Nikki Haley is funny if she thinks the GOP would support a brown woman in a national election. Pull the other one.

by Anonymousreply 58September 18, 2021 12:25 PM

Nikki or maybe Pompeo is the establishment pick.

DeSantis is the MAGA pick.

Pence has no path.

However, why are people so quick to rule out Trump. He won the 2nd most votes ever, 2nd only to Biden. But, Biden isn’t doing too great with Covid or the economy. Anyone who voted for Trump in 2020, as long as covid didn’t kill them, will vote Trump for 2024. Will Biden be able to say the same?

by Anonymousreply 59September 18, 2021 12:27 PM

R59, the thing with Dump is that people despise him. How do you think Biden won in the first place? Dump got the second biggest vote total because Biden got the biggest. I really like Biden and I think he’s done a great job (and the economy is just fine). People came out to vote against Dump and they will again.

by Anonymousreply 60September 18, 2021 1:07 PM

He doesn't have any money but he could be a zillionaire if he opted for the corporate/KSA-UAE whore route at this point. That he still chases the presidency suggests to me that he's power-hungry and delusional.

by Anonymousreply 61September 18, 2021 1:12 PM

Don’t laugh. He could win and we’d be a country under the control of Christian extremists (not just the Supreme Court)

by Anonymousreply 62September 18, 2021 1:24 PM

R62, (although I confess I do hear the echos of “Trump can’t win), Pence is at the bottom of candidates who can win. He’s hated by the Dumpers for not crowning Dumpy king of America. And we know Dumpers are now the majority of the Republican Party.

You make an excellent point about Christian extremists and the Supreme Court. And Today’s Republican Party will not nominate anyone who doesn’t support the right-wing Christian agenda.

by Anonymousreply 63September 18, 2021 1:29 PM

Trump voters, if they could be pried off Trump’s neck, want someone just like him who can casually riff for hours making fun of [whomever] and uttering sarcastic jibes and feeding their grievances. A performer. Otherwise they lose interest. Some will still vote but so far I don’t see any contenders who can stir them up like Trump can. He’ll make a play that he’s running again but that’s just as a spoiler to screw up the Republican race.

Unfortunately, I’m not confident about the Dem side. Biden is doing well enough with the mess he landed in but his age is worrisome. Plus he originally said he’d only do one term. Harris is not getting the warm and fuzzies as VP (contrast with Biden’s Diamond Joe/sunglasses cool when he was VP to Obama) but she’s next in line and being pushed aside for a shiny new guy would be just as bad.

by Anonymousreply 64September 18, 2021 2:08 PM

R64, I agree, I really think Biden is doing an excellent job, especially with the mess he was handed (just like Obama and Clinton), but I have noticed he’s walking a little more delicately. I’m hoping he can physically maintain the pace—I would understand if he lost a step or two over the years, though. So far, mentally, he seems very sharp. His few gaffes (and there aren’t many at all), are all probably related to the the pressures of the job and remembering the jillions of things that are part of it. If Joe can maintain that, and also not lose too much physically, he will do fine in 2024.

I like Kamala a lot. It’s really hard to gauge how the VP is doing, since they’re usually just figure heads, and in addition, we know she’s a lightning rod for all the racist right wing Fox viewers. Generally, VPs have a hard time being elected president. The only recent one was H.W., and he was voted out after one term. The ones before him lost.

by Anonymousreply 65September 18, 2021 2:20 PM

R60, but Biden BARELY won. It was a really, frighteningly close election. And if it hadn't been for Covid, the orange a-hole would probably still be president.

by Anonymousreply 66September 19, 2021 2:14 AM

No, it really wasn’t, r66.

by Anonymousreply 67September 19, 2021 2:32 AM

R66, Biden won with the largest majority in a Presidential election ever - for some reason (could it be the U.S. media always leans right?), people want to give MORE credit to Trump for coming in 2nd place with 7M fewer votes. Ok. Uh huh.

However, you're right when you say if it hadn't been for COVID Trump would probably still be President. Or, if Trump had actually led during the pandemic and handled it properly, he could've turned it into a BIG win. However, 8 or 9 months was a long time in Trump's presidency and for 4 years he never did ONE thing to try and increase his share of the electorate - in fact, he actually minimised it. So, who knows? He's definitely not winning again. He doesn't have the votes. And regardless of what the right-leaning media likes to say, 70% or more of the American people support Biden's policies, even the Afghanistan withdrawal. I bet Biden will run for re-election again at the top of the ticket and Kamala can try her hand after his 2nd term.

by Anonymousreply 68September 19, 2021 5:19 AM

[quote]but Biden BARELY won.

Have there been elections with wider margins?

by Anonymousreply 69September 19, 2021 1:32 PM

Only Reagan’s.

by Anonymousreply 70September 19, 2021 1:42 PM

Republicans cheat. We will never know the true numbers.

by Anonymousreply 71September 19, 2021 1:44 PM

r39 Not gossip rag dirt, but politcal dirt? Like "he had to be told how the supreme court works," dirt? Yeah Trump does not want to look stupid and Pence could make him look semi-retarded.

by Anonymousreply 72September 19, 2021 2:14 PM

What is disheartening is that Trump received even more total votes in 2020 than in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 73September 19, 2021 2:21 PM

Pence has less charisma than Al Gore, and that is saying something.

If Trump is able to run in 2024, he'll get the nomination and give whomever a run for their money.

by Anonymousreply 74September 19, 2021 2:35 PM

The scenes of looting with Dems seen as anti-police didn't help, R73.

by Anonymousreply 75September 19, 2021 2:37 PM

[quote] What is disheartening is that Trump received even more total votes in 2020 than in 2016.

I’m not overly concerned about that when you factor in the total turnout in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 76September 19, 2021 3:54 PM

r73 yes but Biden received more votes than any other president, ever. It just shows more Americans are anti-trump than pro-trump and that Republicans will vote along party lines no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 77September 19, 2021 3:55 PM

r75 and the scenes of the inssurection and them attacking captiol poilce cut to Trump telling them to take to the streets? Yeah he is poison to the GOP now.

by Anonymousreply 78September 19, 2021 3:56 PM

I wonder if Trump could win a Republican primary now. He has a lot of very vocal rabid followers, but a lot of Republicans were sick of his bullshit, as evidenced by the 2020 election results. I don't think Pence has a chance, though. Trump's adolescent name calling somehow managed to turn too many of Pence's own fellow party members against him. The only hope Pence has is if he seizes onto the Texas abortion laws and makes promises off that.

by Anonymousreply 79September 19, 2021 4:01 PM

Pence is blamed (wrongly, unfairly) by the dead-enders for not doing enough to block Biden. He'd need Trump's specific endorsement to stand a realistic chance of being the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 80September 19, 2021 4:04 PM

Pence has no realistic hope - there are too many GOP candidates who are stronger than him.

by Anonymousreply 81September 19, 2021 6:43 PM

a Trump endorsement will do nothing. He is poison to the GOP, just a fringe bonkers now. HIs presidency like everything else in his life will go down as the most tragic.

by Anonymousreply 82September 20, 2021 1:20 AM

True R77, but it took several days to decide the election...when it should've been over early in the evening. That and the fact that the House and Senate are evenly split is a depressing thought, and doesn't bode well, at least as of this moment.

by Anonymousreply 83September 20, 2021 5:01 AM

Prance!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 20, 2021 5:20 AM

Ms Pence moves in a womanly fashion in that GIF.

Like others said above, she will never get the nomination. Not even if she bottoms for Dotard.

by Anonymousreply 85September 20, 2021 6:09 AM

R79 Off course he could. For every one Republican who is sick of his bullshit, another two came out to support him.

by Anonymousreply 86September 20, 2021 9:54 AM

The truly deranged and sub-mental Trumpers (Which are lots and lots) think less of him than Nancy Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 87September 20, 2021 10:14 AM

MARY! alert at R84! Werk it gurl!

by Anonymousreply 88September 20, 2021 3:10 PM

What a beta male. NOPE! Bye girl!

by Anonymousreply 89September 20, 2021 3:12 PM

What will Pence and the other potential candidates do if Trump officially announces he will run again?

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Pence and Trump debate each other.

by Anonymousreply 90September 20, 2021 7:19 PM

[quote] Winslett

oh dear

by Anonymousreply 91September 20, 2021 7:20 PM

r44 [quote] Winslett

oh dear

by Anonymousreply 92September 20, 2021 7:20 PM

r33

[quote] Winslett

oh dear

by Anonymousreply 93September 20, 2021 7:21 PM

Three times a charm!

by Anonymousreply 94September 20, 2021 7:24 PM

Never forget that running for office, especially president, is a J O B. They can keep money left over.

My dear friend's ex-husband was able to build an expensive new house with his leftovers. All perfectly legal.

Ain't politics grand?

by Anonymousreply 95September 20, 2021 7:28 PM

I love it when the “oh, dear” trolls post in the wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 96September 20, 2021 7:31 PM

He's awful BUT he could help dismantle Trump during a primary. He can pull back the curtain on the corruption, dishonesty, ineptitude and hypocrisy. He can do it all in the name of being a good Christian. Now his faith and conscience require him to expose Trump.

As Mother Pence likely says: "Revenge is a dish best served cold, Dear. In Jesus' name... "

by Anonymousreply 97September 20, 2021 7:39 PM

Biden won the election by less than 100k votes.

You're welcome to feel good about his nationwide margin but thats not how we pick Presidents. One of many very scary realities of our current political system, which Republicans have massive advantages that will continue to grow.

by Anonymousreply 98September 20, 2021 7:46 PM

[quote] Trump is never going to be on another ticket. Also, even he if he were, he'd never partner w/ DeSantis. The whole reason he chose Pence was because he's a nothing and would easily heel to the point of non-existence. Trump isn't going to choose someone ambitious like DeSantis - he'd fear him too much.

Agree. DeathSentence would 25th amendment Trump in a New York minute.

by Anonymousreply 99September 20, 2021 7:48 PM

Christianity is at an all time low, yet we keep having these extremists pop out of the woodwork to run our country. They aren't representative of 70% or more of the population. Why don't they gather their funds and start their own country? Instead they want this one when no one wants them.

by Anonymousreply 100September 20, 2021 8:09 PM

[quote] "and Trump wouldn't be able to handle being upstaged by DeSantis."

No, but I'd love to see it, R19.

by Anonymousreply 101September 20, 2021 8:15 PM

[quote] He's awful BUT he could help dismantle Trump during a primary.

Trump would disembowel Pence during a debate. Don't get me wrong, I would relish that with glee, but I think Pence would just sit there silently and take on the onslaught of Trump's name calling, etc. He's not a fighter.

by Anonymousreply 102September 20, 2021 9:03 PM

Agreed r102. There is no low where Dump can’t go lower.

by Anonymousreply 103September 20, 2021 9:08 PM

He needs to start wearing a powdered wig. Ben Franklin-style.

by Anonymousreply 104September 20, 2021 9:28 PM

Pence doesn’t have that “go for the throat” attitude that Trump has. Trump will humiliate him and Pence will try to ignore it by “sticking to the issues”.

“I asked Mike to have my back in the fake election but he turned and ran! Scaredy-cat Mike I call him. Can you believe? After all I’ve done for him.”

“I intend to restore faith in our great country so my first job will be introducing a bill making morning prayer required in every school.”

by Anonymousreply 105September 20, 2021 9:31 PM

Mikey will speak for the only people who like him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106September 22, 2021 1:11 AM

Magats hate Pence did we forget they wanted to hang him?

by Anonymousreply 107September 22, 2021 1:48 AM

I did.

by Anonymousreply 108September 22, 2021 11:27 AM

He's probably the one R who could lose to Harris.

by Anonymousreply 109September 22, 2021 5:56 PM

Let's just deport the Trumpers to Haiti and give the Haitians their property here.

by Anonymousreply 110September 25, 2021 9:37 AM

Let’s be Mother and don our best sequin attire in support!

by Anonymousreply 111September 25, 2021 9:43 AM

In OP's attached post, I can't help but think that the elephant is mocking Pence's finger.

by Anonymousreply 112September 25, 2021 11:10 AM

True R109, but that's quite the scary scenario.

by Anonymousreply 113October 2, 2021 6:01 AM

After the midterms someone will emerge from the republican party and defy Trump and his minions.

Paul Ryan maybe?

by Anonymousreply 114October 2, 2021 6:12 AM

The thing is that there are a fair number of voters who might be at this point disappointed with Biden, but at the same time definitely don't want Trump back either.

by Anonymousreply 115October 2, 2021 9:06 AM

Biden "won" by fraud. Lots and lots of provable fraud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 2, 2021 9:16 AM

Paul Ryan is despised more than Pence.

by Anonymousreply 117October 2, 2021 9:17 AM

R116 how many times does Biden have to win?

by Anonymousreply 118October 2, 2021 12:36 PM

Dream on, Betty Crocker. You ain't becoming President. You made that disgusting bed, now swallow, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 119October 2, 2021 12:43 PM

“ One of many very scary realities of our current political system, which Republicans have massive advantages that will continue to grow.”

Care to explain how these advantages will continue to grow? What is growing is diversity. By leaps and bounds. The Census was bad news for Republicans. And rural white people are dying on the vine. Sure, Republicans may have advantages in the short term. But that’s poised to change, irrespective of voter suppression and gerrymandering.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120October 2, 2021 12:58 PM

If only we could just FLUSH these turds away…

by Anonymousreply 121October 2, 2021 1:07 PM

Who does he think will vote for him?? The Trumptards literally want him dead. Obviously no liberals or moderates want him. Who is his base?

by Anonymousreply 122October 2, 2021 1:09 PM

The headlines are rocky or his relationship with trump was rocky?

by Anonymousreply 123October 2, 2021 1:10 PM

Mother, R122.

by Anonymousreply 124October 2, 2021 1:11 PM

I don't understand how Pence could be so oblivious - his own party doesn't like him anymore. As for the Dems, I'm not sure Joe is up for another term and I'm unimpressed with Kamala. Wonder who will be the Dem's pick.

by Anonymousreply 125October 2, 2021 4:30 PM

The presidential race doesn't really heat up for another year or two, when the landscape will probably look quite different than it does these days.

If the Dems manage to keep the Senate next year, someone needs to do an intervention with Breyer to get Harris on the court!

by Anonymousreply 126October 2, 2021 4:34 PM

Spineless devious slime. He has no leadership capacity.

by Anonymousreply 127October 2, 2021 9:32 PM

Hmm...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128October 3, 2021 1:02 AM

Interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129October 3, 2021 1:04 AM

You don't say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130October 3, 2021 1:05 AM

[quote]"and the establishment is looking at Christie and Pompeo right now."

That's an awful amount of lard ass.

by Anonymousreply 131October 3, 2021 1:18 AM

R14 100% and I'm terrified it will be wildly successful as far as voter support. God help us all.

by Anonymousreply 132October 3, 2021 1:21 AM

He's more spineless than a slug. A true coward in every sense of the word.

by Anonymousreply 133October 3, 2021 1:24 AM

Trump’s VP will not be DeSantis.

by Anonymousreply 134October 3, 2021 2:15 AM

Like to see Trump and Pence come in last and second last in a Repug field of 20.

by Anonymousreply 135October 3, 2021 7:41 AM

Here's perhaps a dirty little secret, or massive elephant in the room: some Hispanic voters are coming to see Dems as "the party of the blacks"?

I know that will cause massive FF and flaming, but I believe it's at least a factor?

by Anonymousreply 136October 3, 2021 1:32 PM

If Democrats are the party of the blacks (and Muslims) - where does that leave gays? Someone in that tent is going to have to bend and it’s not going to be blacks or Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 137October 3, 2021 1:35 PM

Pence knows that the only way to stay relevant is to be a potential presidential candidate. It means bigger audiences and more money in his pocket.

He wont run against Trump. He may make a run if Trump doesn't. There's a lane for him if he runs. You dont need much more than 33% in most primaries to win. While hardcore trumpists might not vote for him, plenty of suburban conservatives and more casual trump fans might if Trump is not running

by Anonymousreply 138October 4, 2021 6:34 PM

Mother wants to be first lady.

by Anonymousreply 139October 4, 2021 7:28 PM

Trump will be the nominee in 24. I’d like to see him run with no social media.

by Anonymousreply 140October 4, 2021 10:16 PM

"Mother" will promise unity. Her White House advocacy project will be making towel pins.

by Anonymousreply 141October 4, 2021 10:59 PM

Don't be so sure about Trump. A million things can change in politics between now and then. Biden may be having some challenges now, but this time period is only a snapshot of his entire term.

It's going to be difficult, but if Trump runs, then the country will have to mobilize to defeat him again as it did in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 142October 4, 2021 11:03 PM

"Mother" will be the 'Mother of the . yearning nation'. Adoring millions need hugs close to her warm bosom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143October 4, 2021 11:09 PM

Pence has got a big strong chest and arms. He needs to show it off by wearing tighter shirts.

by Anonymousreply 144October 4, 2021 11:24 PM

Hispanic voters mostly don’t.

by Anonymousreply 145October 5, 2021 1:42 AM

No one is voting for him.

by Anonymousreply 146October 5, 2021 1:49 AM

Pence is now dismissive January 6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147October 5, 2021 9:23 PM

A Dump/Pence debate MIGHT be worth the price of admission.

by Anonymousreply 148October 5, 2021 9:27 PM

I wonder if the Dems are in serious trouble as so many seem to be more independent and don't support the craziness the Dems stand for at times.

by Anonymousreply 149October 13, 2021 8:04 AM

They already were. Biden's wasn't a legitimate win. The evidence of ballot tampering is staggering.

by Anonymousreply 150October 13, 2021 9:24 AM

R144 = Adam Schock

by Anonymousreply 151October 13, 2021 9:41 AM

You forgot R150 /s

by Anonymousreply 152October 13, 2021 10:26 AM

R136

I agree. Very few people seem to understand the conservativeness of many Hispanics - they are over represented in the military and the police.

And they don't like being lumped into the "minority" category.

by Anonymousreply 153October 13, 2021 11:56 AM

I want Pence to run so he can split the vote between Trump and himself.

He certainly feels a sense of divine mission. Let's see if he is truly blessed.

by Anonymousreply 154October 13, 2021 11:59 AM

R150, the evidence is so “staggering” that none of it has been proven, even in heavily Republican areas. It’s all in your daft mind, baby.

by Anonymousreply 155October 13, 2021 12:04 PM

At this point, it's downright pathetic that Mikey feels he has even a remote chance at this given that the base would be fine with having him tarred and feathered.

by Anonymousreply 156October 13, 2021 12:57 PM

Don't dismiss Trump picking Lindsey Graham as his running mate. Graham has a big mouth, no principles, loves being on camera, and is infatuated with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 157October 13, 2021 1:18 PM

Trump will pick Nikki or Kristi Noem of South Dakota.

by Anonymousreply 158October 21, 2021 8:06 AM

It's way too early but I don't think Pence would win - low energy, not charismatic. I just had a look at polls of a hypothetical Republican primary and Trump is still topping those, with De Santis next.

by Anonymousreply 159October 21, 2021 8:27 AM

Pence has garnered the housefly delegation, though their offspring, thus far are polling as MAGAts.

by Anonymousreply 160October 21, 2021 9:08 AM

So, this evil psychopath is going to base part of his campaign on how much he dislikes an overprivileged, corrupt pig like Trump, even though he will follow very similar policies and adopt an almost identical ideological model? Yes, I am sure that this will fascinate most of the electorate... 🙄

by Anonymousreply 161October 21, 2021 9:48 AM

I don't know how he manages the nomination when a majority, or at least a strong plurality, of their base positively loathes him as a traitor? Moreover, even if he did somehow manage to wrangle the actual nomination, Trump's dead-enders would sit on their hands all day on Election Day rather than cast a ballot.

by Anonymousreply 162October 21, 2021 12:01 PM

"Mother" & Pence are raking in $$$$.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163October 22, 2021 1:09 AM

2024 needs someone new. I didn't really like any of the democratic candidates in 2020. (and obviously not the republican one.)

Isn't there some smart competent non-polarizing governor or congress person who could burst on the scene? (sort of like Obama did?)

by Anonymousreply 164October 22, 2021 4:50 AM

Tulsi? She was my favorite candidate of either party in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 165October 22, 2021 4:52 AM

Since Biden seems to just do what his staff tells him (as have lots of presidents) why not continue that tradition but get a president/spokesperson with some pizzazz who can work a crowd up and make us feel happy.

Gaga? Are you on the DL. Please run.

by Anonymousreply 166October 22, 2021 4:56 AM

Trump will pick DeSantis r158. They will kill it.

by Anonymousreply 167October 22, 2021 6:38 AM

No way tRump hates DeSatan

by Anonymousreply 168October 28, 2021 9:26 PM

What is "Mother" planning for the upcoming holidays?

by Anonymousreply 169October 30, 2021 1:04 AM

I believe Pence is just pushing the idea that he will run to get bigger bucks on the lecture circuit. But he also knows that running for president will be a hopeless pursuit because the dems will never vote for him and neither will the Trump sub-mentals in the primaries who are now in total control of the republican party.

by Anonymousreply 170October 30, 2021 4:38 PM

r170 is correct. He is running the same way Trump ran in 2016. It's a publicity tour that keeps him open for anything and keeps him in the spotlight. And if he actually runs, so be it.

by Anonymousreply 171October 30, 2021 6:13 PM

It would be fun to see them ripping each other to shreds

by Anonymousreply 172October 30, 2021 6:45 PM

True R150, but I have a feeling the Dems will still lose both in 2022 and 2024, thanks mainly to AOC and her group's refusal to compromise.

by Anonymousreply 173October 31, 2021 2:45 AM

More than just AOC, but the party's embrace of the far left in general. I'll keep repeating like the brokenest record there is: The Dems [bold]suck[/bold] at messaging, allowing R's to portray [italic]them[/italic] as extremists.

by Anonymousreply 174October 31, 2021 3:09 PM

A Trump and De Santis ticket would be great. I can see Trump ripping Ron to shreds during the campaign!

by Anonymousreply 175November 1, 2021 2:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!