Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are you spiritual? (redux)

I remember a psychiatrist I once saw asked me that after I said I wasn't religious. Actually said you're spiritual aren't you? Like I should be.

I sort of don't even know what people mean when they say that.

I only went once and found another doctor who is really cool.

by Anonymousreply 17September 21, 2021 7:41 PM

That's such a broad question and everyone interprets it differently, which is why I hate that question.

by Anonymousreply 1September 17, 2021 4:24 AM

[quote] That's such a broad question and everyone interprets it differently, which is why I hate that question

Me too, and it seems incredibly unprofessional to ask a patient. ‘Everyone should be’ seems incredibly judgmental!

by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2021 4:25 AM

My apologies. As R1, I should have been cunty. I will try harder next time.

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2021 4:27 AM

[quote] Try hallucinogens. There's a good chance hallucinogens are THE spiritual experience that informed all of the word's major religions.

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2021 4:29 AM

Spiritual, yes, as opposed to religious which can be quite letter-of-the law and harmful at times. I meditate, pray, go to church, and believe in a Higher Power. I find wonderful peace doing this.

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2021 5:05 AM

I do not believe in gods, a god or anything spiritual because there is no verifiable evidence of any of those. I have spiritual feelings either. I’m dead inside.

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2021 5:11 AM

It is freaky to think that the universe is just infinite. I mean does the higher power supervise all galaxies far far away?

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2021 5:15 AM

I consider myself spiritual but not religious.

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2021 6:42 AM

I had a roommate who was spiritual, (or at least claimed to be). She hung out at The Bodhi Tree, and on Sundays she went to a Unitarian Church. She'd almost always pick up some guy and bring him home to fuck. She drank lots of red wine because she thought it was spiritual, and she screamed Jesus's name when she came. She would always be the first person to offer "anything you need" as soon as she was certain there was nothing you would ask from her. I would often call her bluff and make up something for her to help me with just to see how she would weasel out of it.

Yes, she was very spiritual. She was also a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2021 6:55 AM

Send me all your money and I'll tell you.

by Anonymousreply 10September 17, 2021 6:58 AM

R9's story is perfect.

by Anonymousreply 11September 17, 2021 7:07 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2021 6:22 AM

I think the true definition of spiritual are people who just always know the right thing to do, and do it.

by Anonymousreply 13September 20, 2021 10:42 PM

Nope. Happily atheist, don't believe in anything supernatural.

by Anonymousreply 14September 20, 2021 10:44 PM

since it always seems like a meaningless word, I'll say, yes, sure, absolutely spiritual.

by Anonymousreply 15September 20, 2021 11:20 PM

R13 I'm definitely not spiritual.

by Anonymousreply 16September 20, 2021 11:28 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 17September 21, 2021 7:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!