Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A York, PA School District is banning books about black people and racism

Right-wingers accuse liberals of banning books, then pull shit like this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 22, 2021 3:36 AM

Good for those kids.

I also see kids wearing masks and cooperating with protocol while adults are throwing fits.

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2021 6:56 PM

Whites gonna whitewash.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2021 6:58 PM

Once you normalize the act of banning books, for example, books questioning trans orthodoxy, you make it easy to ban books on any subject.

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2021 7:17 PM

R3 = the trans obsessed troll

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2021 11:51 PM

The only time books should be banned is if they're not age appropriate. Obviously you don't want hustler magazine handed out in a library, or "kiss the girls" loaned out to elementary aged students.

And this goes both ways. Enough with classics removed too because they aren't politically correct enough. Children should have access to literature that challenges their minds, along with guideline with difficult topics.

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2021 12:05 AM

[quote]Enough with classics removed too because they aren’t politically correct enough.

I agree R5. Classics should be read keeping the time in which they were written in mind. If some don’t consider them PC for one reason or another, then it opens the door for discussions and that will lead to learning experiences.

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2021 12:11 AM

And you know the people banning these books are the same people who say “don’t blame me for my ancestors racism” lol

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2021 12:19 AM

Even Condi Rice is too controversial for these punks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 20, 2021 1:03 AM

[quote]I think we all need a feel-good story this week

[quote]God bless the kids at Pa's Central York HS. When mush-minded parents rammed through a ban on books about MLK, Rosa Parks, Malala and others, these students fought back. Monday night, they won

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 22, 2021 3:19 AM

Didn't right wingers ban Stephen King and Judy Blume back in the 70s?

by Anonymousreply 10September 22, 2021 3:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!