Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bradley Cooper is an “homme fatale” in Guillermo del Toro’s Nightmare Alley!

Does Bradley look dangerous and sexy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 18, 2022 2:12 AM

Cooper always looks sexy. He is not a beautiful man but he cranks out hotness.

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2021 6:11 PM

He's not bad

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2021 6:13 PM

Shouldn't it be "homme fatal?" Fatale is the feminine form.

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2021 6:16 PM

Bradley who?

Cate Blanchett and Toni Collette in a movie together? Now that's got my hole twitchin'.

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2021 6:17 PM

Tyrone Power starred in the original 1947 version. Many critics consider it his best performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2021 6:19 PM

[quote] Bradley Cooper is an “homme fatale”

Bradley Cooper is a “homo fatale”

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2021 6:20 PM

I love the original. Hope they do it justice.

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2021 6:27 PM

Ballsy of Brad. Imagine competing with Tyrone. OMG Tyrone. The face that launched a thousand Wanks(jself masturbatory acts to you non Brits)..Tyrone, Tyrone, Tyrone

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2021 6:44 PM

Blanchett and Colette look sensational. Very old Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2021 6:53 PM

Tyrone looked really hot in the original. He’s shirtless in one scene and even in a simple white t shirt he looks rather modern and very handsome. I don’t know why they have to remake this one, it’s ages pretty well and still seems relevant today with all the quacks around. I love this film and ‘Elmer gantry’, ‘all the king’s men’, ‘ace in the hole’ and ‘a face in the crowd’ they really are cynical masterpieces

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2021 7:05 PM

Although I am looking forward to this, I'm a little disappointed it's a period piece. I think it would have been more interesting to update it and make it contemporary.

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2021 1:47 PM

Don’t think the geek would be considered contemporary.

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2021 4:29 PM

Hence "update."

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2021 5:44 PM

OMG! I hope Bradley present hole here!!!

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2021 5:56 PM

Have to admit Bradley often surprises me. I get snarky & then he is good..Hope it happens here.

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2021 8:14 PM

Why are great movies remade? The Tyrone Power version is beautiful and as close to the novel as possible. Bradley playing The Geek...big deal.

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2021 8:44 PM

[quote] Does Bradley look dangerous and sexy?

Hardly.

He looks like a closet case sellout, who makes right-wing movies that glorify murderers like Chris Kyle in the movie "Sniper."

Ever since then, he was DEAD TO ME.

Never watched anything he has done, ever since.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2021 8:48 PM

^Do you need me to prescribe you some chill pills?

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2021 9:57 PM

Teaser trailer is out and this looks amazing.

Should do well at the Oscars, I think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2021 10:56 PM

Oh wow r19, that is gorgeous 👀😮👍

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2021 11:01 PM

Could it be as frightening as ‘A Star Is Aborted’?

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2021 11:06 PM

Helen Walker in the original should've been nominated for an Oscar. That was hands down one of the best performances of a femme fatale in a classic noir.

Cate Blanchett in the Helen Walker role is brilliant casting, ditto Toni Collette and Richard Jenkins.

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2021 11:07 PM

[quote] Should do well at the Oscars, I think.

Yeah, it's not like bitter little Miss Cooper CARES about the Oscars, or anything.

Even though she was front and center for her nomination for "A Star is Born," anxiously awaiting her name to be called.

And then... womp womp. Bwahahahahaha. That was so delicious.

Which led (naturally) to her whining that the Oscars are a joke, and that the Oscars are "meaningless."

[quote] Cooper responded, “That awards season stuff is a real test. It’s set up to foster that mentality. It’s quite a thing to work through, and it’s completely devoid of artistic creation. It’s not why you sacrifice everything to create art, and yet you spend so much time being a part of it if you’re, in quotes, ‘lucky enough to be a part of it.’ It’s ultimately a great thing because it really does make you face ego, vanity, and insecurity. It’s very interesting and utterly meaningless.”

[quote] After Cooper failed to land an Oscar nomination for Best Director with “A Star Is Born,” he said the awards circuit tricked him into thinking the snub meant he did not do his job on the movie. This realization left Cooper “embarrassed” and proved to him that “even if I got the nomination, it should not give me any sense of whether I did my job or not. That’s the trick, to make something that you believe in.”

[quote] Cooper said at the time that Oscar nominations “play into things that have nothing to do with creative art,” adding, “It’s a whole other element of the business. So, it’s really reconciling its effect on you. That’s the thing I have to deal with.”

SURE, JAN!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2021 11:48 PM

One eye looks thisaway one eye looks thataway

by Anonymousreply 24September 17, 2021 12:22 AM

R22 I was thinking that too, she was very impressive and I was surprised to see fox didn’t have much more for her to do after this film. I barely remember her from “call Northside 777” the following year. In “nightmare alley” I think she showed a similar quality to Lauren Bacall in some of her early good movies and Patricia neal.

by Anonymousreply 25September 17, 2021 3:01 AM

Hate remakes, but this is a great story. Hope(fingers crossed) its good. Could do for a juicey Noir about now.

by Anonymousreply 26September 17, 2021 3:04 AM

Looks like Carnivale.

by Anonymousreply 27September 17, 2021 3:18 AM

Sure looks purty.

by Anonymousreply 28September 17, 2021 9:29 AM

dangerous and sexy? He looks like he's drawn on a computer. That doesn't look like a photography of a human being.

by Anonymousreply 29September 17, 2021 9:42 AM

Cancel Bradley FUCKING Cooper!

Right-wing shitstain closet case.

No different from Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnell.

by Anonymousreply 30September 17, 2021 6:05 PM

R 30...Sing along, "Jealousy night & day you torture me."

by Anonymousreply 31September 17, 2021 7:39 PM

R 15 I hope Bradley Cooper surprises me as well. I can't imagine him bettering Tyrone Power in the role of Stan. I don't expect any actor to look as good as Power did in a white t-shirt so there is that. Beyond what is superficial, the role demands plunging down to the darkness that lurks beneath the persona we present to world. I hope he has it in him. Fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 32September 17, 2021 8:53 PM

Me too R 32. I could really sink my teeth into a good Noir.

by Anonymousreply 33September 18, 2021 1:52 AM

Here is the final trailer and I am not feeling it. Too much period art direction. Could suffer the same problem as Crimson Peak, which was art direction in search of a movie. Film noirs did not look great because they were filmed on beautiful Art Deco sets (they were not), they looked good because the filmmakers used light and shadow in new and creative ways and often made sparse run down surroundings look fantastic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 18, 2021 3:38 PM

To R6, you typed what I was gonna do!! Great& scary minds think alike, Miss Cooper cannot be taken seriously(who is that Faggot kidding)

by Anonymousreply 35November 18, 2021 3:54 PM

One of his eyes is lower than the other one…like Shannon Doherty, though not as extreme.

by Anonymousreply 36November 18, 2021 3:58 PM

He was so hot on Alias. Stop caring about him when he lost his looks. Is Michael Vartan still hot?

by Anonymousreply 37November 18, 2021 7:35 PM

Where’s his nude scene, I CANT find it online …anyone ?

by Anonymousreply 38January 18, 2022 2:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!