Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Companies Are So Desperate to Fill Jobs They're Getting Rid of Drug Tests

Proof they weren’t needed in the first place

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 1, 2021 2:47 PM

Anything but raise pay! Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2021 1:41 AM

This will end well.

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2021 1:43 AM

Drug tests need to GO!. They never sort out the drug addicts and allow employers to discriminate against the recreational pot smoker.

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2021 2:04 AM

Raise the wages!

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2021 11:19 AM

There are so many jobs out there, in manufacturing...they need to fill hundreds of thousands of jobs in that sector. Look into it if you're looking...

by Anonymousreply 5October 1, 2021 2:29 PM

So you'd rather have a druggie work for you, than someone who won't get a vaccine?

That's fucking RIDICULOUS.

by Anonymousreply 6October 1, 2021 2:32 PM

Drug tests are a method of control, what someone does in there free time is their business. The drug testing laws passed under the clinton white house, something to thinkabout.

by Anonymousreply 7October 1, 2021 2:37 PM

20 years ago, just for shits and giggles, I applied to the CIA. Incredibly, they called and set up an interview; within a few minutes of the interview starting, we had to stop when I confessed that I had smoked pot in the previous year. The person told me if I stayed clean for another year, I could reapply -- it used to be that any prior drug use at any time, even years and years earlier, disqualified an applicant, but the guy said they began to have so much trouble getting quality applicants that they had to change the rules to being clean for 1 year prior. I never reapplied and have often wondered if that rule too has changed.

by Anonymousreply 8October 1, 2021 2:37 PM

I found out when I applied for a job at the bank and they played me this song!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 1, 2021 2:39 PM

Nothing is more idiotic than the long, dreary, stupid war on pot. Thank god something is forcing people to stop that shit. It never made the slightest sense, especially while alcohol is perfectly legal (as of course it should be). But of course nothing can ever end just because it's stupid and ridiculous. Something more compelling has to force the stupidity to end. So I guess I'm grateful that something came along.

by Anonymousreply 10October 1, 2021 2:44 PM

With the exception of jobs that require a high degree of attention and adherence to safety protocols (e.g airline pilots, heavy equipment operators, train and bus drivers, etc) drug tests are pointless and stupid.

Smoke a joint a few months ago? DRUGS BAD, you're fired!

Be a functioning alcoholic? Well if we can't see it, not a problem!

It's like how a gay man can be in a monogamous relationship, or consistently practice safer sex yet be denied the ability to donate blood, and meanwhile a heterosexual male can fuck whores bareback and give all the blood he wants.

by Anonymousreply 11October 1, 2021 2:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!