Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Television Appreciation

With the Emmy Awards this upcoming weekend, I want to express my appreciation for some past series which were among the greatest in U.S. history.

• The Marie Tyler Moore Show. I identified with Marie and her friend Rhonda. She had a great boss in Lew. And Ned was a laughing stock.

• All in the Family. Led by Carol O’Conner and Gene Stapelton, I totally bought into Archee and Edeth. I loved the moment when Edeth, trying to surprise Archee with buying him a television by getting a loan from their bank, who refused her because she is a housewife, was ready to take her business elshwere.

• Everybody Loves Ramon. This sitcom, about sportswriter Ramon and his wife Dera, was hilarious as they had to deal with his nuisance of a family, which lived across the street.

These were all great.

What past series did you appreciate?

by Anonymousreply 24September 17, 2021 12:32 PM

[quote] Marie Tyler Moore.... her friend Rhonda. She had a great boss in Lew. And Ned was a laughing stock..... Gene Stapelton, I totally bought into Archee and Edeth...

OH, DEAR!!!

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2021 12:46 AM

Poor dysgraphic OP!

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2021 12:55 AM

Did the OP stroke out? WTF just happened?

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2021 1:08 AM

I enjoyed "Everybody Fucked Ramon".

Hot & spicy Ramon, the sexiest super on the block, was getting all sorts of action from all of his attractive tenants. When the emergency call was for "screwing in a new lightbulb", Ramon immediately knew which of his many 'services' was required!

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2021 1:08 AM

Ryan Murphy's back with a new AHS series, "FIENDS".

The series follows a group of always bickering ghouls living in huge Greenwich Village rent controlled apartment. Hilarity ensues.

Occasional guest star Johnny Brown portrays the super Bookman, he's always figuring out ways to get the ghouls evicted. Johnny is a 600 year old vampire, he knew the building's original tenants, the ghouls sure aren't any of them..

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2021 5:37 PM

This is so unfunny, OP, that it made me wince.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2021 5:38 PM

R6, OP is obviously trying to appear as if he doesn't have a command of English.

Well, duh.

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2021 5:44 PM

Troll on OP

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2021 5:47 PM

Ouch, I’d say the OP is into Dad jokes, but doubt (& hope) he hasn’t spawned.

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2021 5:55 PM

OP=Larry King

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2021 8:26 PM

El Señor de los cielos

Berenice discovers Jaime with Danny!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2021 8:35 PM

I assume OP has a terrible affliction which requires the use of a special computer in which typing is completed by rapid eye movements or through use of a stylus held in the mouth.

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2021 8:42 PM

The Brady Bunch, Good Times, Welcome Back Kotter, What's Happening

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2021 9:08 PM

Chears

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2021 9:17 PM

THE GOLDEN GIRLS

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2021 9:19 PM

Charlie’s Angels formed my gay child life.

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2021 9:20 PM

Glea Michelle was good in that show about a chorus.

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2021 9:32 PM

Knott's Landings was super-duper, but not as good as Flamingo Rodes.

by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2021 2:58 AM

Our family enjoyed “Saved by the Belle.”

by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2021 3:01 AM

My family watched The Golden Showers

by Anonymousreply 20September 17, 2021 11:13 AM

Who didn’t love The Big Bangs Theory?

by Anonymousreply 21September 17, 2021 12:00 PM

[quote]I hope OP has a terrible affliction which requires the use of a special computer in which typing is completed by rapid eye movements or through use of a stylus held in the mouth.

FTFY, dear.

by Anonymousreply 22September 17, 2021 12:11 PM

The Big Gangbang Theory?

by Anonymousreply 23September 17, 2021 12:17 PM

I mean, that’s satire, right OP?

by Anonymousreply 24September 17, 2021 12:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!