Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Americans broadly support Biden's aggressive vaccination push — despite GOP outrage

[quote] Amid rising concerns over the delta variant spread, a new Politico/Morning Consult poll conducted after President Joe Biden announced a new vaccine push last week found widespread support for key provisions in the initiative. Chiefly, nearly 3 in 5 Americans favored Biden's main provision requiring employers with 100-plus employees to either vaccinate their workforce or implement weekly testing.

[quote] More generally, a new CNN-SSRS poll released Monday found that more than half of Americans support the type of vaccination initiatives included in Biden's new push. A majority of Americans support requiring vaccinations of on-site employees (54%), students doing in-person learning (55%), and people attending big public venues for sporting events and concerts (55%). In recent months, support for such mandates has grown, with mandates for employees and event attendees rising 8 points since April and mandates for students rising 6 points since April.

[quote] Testing mandates appear to be even more popular than vaccine mandates. January polling of testing mandates conducted by Harvard University's T.H. Chan School of Public Health and the COVID Collaborative found overwhelming 79% support for employers requiring workers to take rapid antigen tests in order to gain access to the workplace.

Just going to leave this here to trigger our resident trolls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2021 6:09 AM

Every day that vaccinated people have to suffer at the hands of the asshole unvaccinated, the approval numbers will go up.

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2021 12:10 AM

I bet some are secretly relieved. They have to be publicly anti-vaxx because it's a tenet of the cult, but some of them probably know deep down that it's legit and could save their lives. So if their employer literally requires them to get it, they now have a great excuse when they do get the vaccine. "Yeah, it's bullshit, but I can't quit my job, I have to support my family!"

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2021 12:48 AM

Republican Idiot thinks Biden is some sort of robot with a mute button and decided to discuss it with Blinken on live television. Because he read it online...TRUMP CULT IDIOTS...(CNN Link)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2021 6:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!