Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fear vs The Crush

Killing someone with bees is pretty good for a fifteen year old but Fear does have that roller coaster scene.

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2021 8:36 AM

Which one did the dog die in?

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2021 2:23 PM

Reese's daughter Ava could play her character in the remake. Hope they kept the wardrobe, the 90's are back!

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2021 2:25 PM

But The Crush had Cary Elwes' beautiful naked butt, so it will always be the winner for me.

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2021 2:28 PM

Fear wins for the house alone.

by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2021 2:30 PM

Fear had this lovely ditty by Marky. Scene at the beginning, when they walk into the hacky sack den/pool hall/nerd lair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2021 2:32 PM

I forgot all about Alyssa Milano's whore phase. She did a Poison Ivy sequel, played Amy Fisher and Fear was her Showgirls.

by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2021 2:33 PM

The original version had Reese fingering Marky Mark's mussy on the coaster instead.

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2021 2:33 PM

The New York Times described Wahlberg as "pug-faced" and Witherspoon as a "restless teenager who looks like Alicia Silverstone's sulky younger sister," and the film as "indistinguishable from any other grade-C slicer and dicer." USA Today called it an "overblown predictable snicker-fest." And my mom called it "a movie you are not allowed to see in the theater."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 14, 2021 3:20 PM

I LOVE The Crush but I’ve never seen Fear.

by Anonymousreply 9September 14, 2021 3:22 PM

I like both, but I have to give The Crush the edge. Alicia was more dynamic as a psycho than Marky Mark.

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2021 10:41 PM

R6 Phase?

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2021 11:07 PM

Fear is a more realistic film, in that straight men with BPD are usually the ones who lose their shit after being dumped and kill people.

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2021 11:16 PM

Never forget

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2021 1:09 AM

I think Stoker with Mia Wasikowska deserves contention in psycho teen romance thrillers.

I mean an incestuous hot uncle who is equally as psycho as his beloved. Their first erotic encounter is killing Alden Ehrenreich. Wentworth Miller was the writer ! Plus, Nicole's face was still human during this film. Come on ! Stoker is totally DataLounge catnip.

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2021 1:43 AM

R1 Fear

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2021 8:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!