Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Would you or have you been to an outdoor concert in the past few months?

I want to buy tickets to a concert at an outdoor amphitheater in November but I'm nervous about it. There are vaccine card and mask requirements. Tell me of your experiences please. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2021 5:36 PM

You ARE an outdoor concert in the past few months!

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2021 12:11 AM

The biggest concerts coming to LA in Nov.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2021 1:57 PM

Jimmy Buffet outdoor concert on Sept 25. No problems. Nice to see a concert again. Had to be fully vaccinated or proof of negative results to get in, which I think will be the same with concerts ( even outdoor ones) for the foreseeable future

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2021 2:52 PM

I went to a concert last month at an amphitheater. When purchasing tickets, Ticketmaster made it seem like the venue would be checking vax status at the door (though let’s be honest, anyone can show a fake card on their phone).

The venue did none of that. No checking and no mask enforcement at all. The place was packed. Maybe a handful of people wore masks, myself included.

I felt uncomfortabke throughout due to the close proximity to others. It didn’t help that I was seated next to a morbidly obese man who took up half of my leg area and spilled over his seat to infringe on my personal space. Not a good experience at all.

by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2021 3:14 PM

I'm not going to any concerts until kids can get vaccinated too

by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2021 3:48 PM

"I was seated next to a morbidly obese man who took up half of my leg area and spilled over his seat to infringe on my personal space."

I'm sure he was thrilled to sit next to a prissy fag with stank face.

by Anonymousreply 6September 29, 2021 3:53 PM

I went to an indoor concert two weeks ago. They were strict about IDs and vaccine proof and everyone had masks on - which was impressive considering it was a large venue. This was in NYC. I might be more nervous if it was in a state where people are more anti-mask?

by Anonymousreply 7September 29, 2021 4:07 PM

R6 Listen Tubbs, when I arrived at my seat, he was sitting in it, pretending he didn’t know that he was in the wrong seat. His equally corpulent wife was sitting one seat over. I gave him a withering stare and he moved as fast as he could get his blubber dislodged from the chair, which needless to say, took plenty of time.

They really should give adjustable armrests or have bench seating so tubbies like him can buy two or three seats for themselves. It was such an unpleasant experience, I nearly thought of asking for a refund.

I spent the entire evening wondering how he wiped his ass. Might he use a stick or corn cob for assistance?

by Anonymousreply 8September 29, 2021 4:49 PM

Outdoors? Wouldn’t give it a second thought. I haven’t gone to any outdoor concerts, yet, but I have gone to (outdoor) MLB games.

by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2021 5:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!