Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tommy Sands - He was so pretty.

Did Frank Sinatra kill his career because he divorced Nancy? Did Tommy use Nancy for the connection? How else would a teen heart-throb get to work with Nelson Riddle?

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2021 3:52 PM

Link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2021 2:32 PM

Not pretty. Sort of dorky and that only gets more homely with age.

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2021 2:34 PM

I thought he was Gay. Closeted. Sinatra hated him.

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2021 2:37 PM

R3 I agree. Nancy was a beard and Frank knew it.

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2021 4:56 PM

R4, see, I don't interpret it that way. At least, she didn't know she was a beard. I think Nancy genuinely thought she was in love with him. She was crazy about him, and Frank even tried to help his career. But when he stated cheating on Nancy with guys, Sinatra was outraged. I read so many Hollywood tell-alls I don't know where I got that from, but that seems to be how I thought it went down. Because after that Sinatra went after him with vengeance and destroyed what little career he had. He was a marginal talent at best.

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2021 3:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!