Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

We’re all suffering mentally, or have been.

Some of us are Barry hanging on, and to different degrees, I might add. I haven’t been 100%. I’m not sure that anyone truly ever is, because the mind is a tricky and fascinating little thing, however, specifically mental illnesses require more urgent treatment than others.

Someone who I used to talk to via the phone, and whom I care for and think about often, is in a tough spot right now. There’s absolutely nothing I can do to help him, as I am not a psychiatrist or a mental health professional, & truth be told, I’m not experiencing what he is experiencing in regards to my mental health, but my challenges while easily addressed, are still pretty all consuming in the way that all of my emotional & financial resources are concentrated upon working towards addressing those challenges.

Anyhow, I came across some of his social media posts, & I am vacillating between concern and alarm It’s obvious that if what I saw isn’t some sort of creative art production and writing, meaning, if what I reviewed is authentic, he may possibly be experiencing a manic episode or a schizophrenic one. Perhaps both, if that’s a comorbidity that’s possible?

He is using vernacular which expresses highly disorganized thought processes, & is using a lot of the classic esoteric ramblings often stereotyped in Hollywood horror films, and in more modern references connected to present zeitgeist, there’s a lot of Q-Anon type-ish stuff about the darkness vs. the light, some pedophilia references, NSA Surveillance and hacking accusations, intellectual property theft, the afterlife, God, demons which are referenced in a specific terminology that I am deliberately choosing to not share here for purposes that I find to be practical & wise, an upcoming war, revenge on specific individuals and a group or groups whom he believes have either harmed him or betrayed him, accusations of property and assets theft, repeated warnings and threats of things to come for those who have abandoned him or harmed him, and an affect of him believing that he had a special or divine designation which entitles him to carry out the will of higher deities or supernatural entities, including a Godhead figure, in order to restore balance to what he views as an unbalanced and unjust world. He also has a series of drawings similar to those of an engineer, and of which particular specialization of engineering I cannot say, as I have zero engineering training. LOL.

He lost his long term spouse a few years back & this dovetailed right when COVID started and his mental health had been affected PROFOUNDLY. I suspect he may have attempted suicide, and I believe he had tried to fix his mental health problems with shrooms or acid. He also lost loved ones to COVID, and a dear friend in Afghanistan recently, according to what I was able to decipher in his scribbled or well typed notes. He even did an entire computer font generated magazine cut letter thing I’d like the freakin’ Zodiac used to do. But let me be clear: had he NOT done this, omit would not have lessened my concern one fucking bit.

by Anonymousreply 24September 14, 2021 5:43 PM

Continued from opening post:

I stopped talking to him a while back because I was personally profoundly depressed, and wanted to isolate and any communication with others was causing me high anxiety. I also understood as we spoke, that he had an edge to him right below the surface, which was a lot of unexpressed and pent up anger or even rage.

He’s highly intelligent and self aware, but guys? I’ve never read shit like this before in my life. It is not a Trhe Crime homage as much as it presents as a legitimate BREAKING NEWS AND CONTINUES UPDATES for the next 2 weeks homage.

I’m being completely serious and there’s zero exaggeration or hyperbole involved. However, I do understand that perhaps he’s just writing whacky shit like I do in my personal medium or platform for journaling? I write crazy AF shit too, however, not like this, and while I enjoy MINDLESS conspiracy channels on YouTube, and am fascinated in listening to these whacked out assertions in order to pass time, I do not reference avenging angels or supernatural forces who I claim will exact revenge on “others”, nor do I believe any of that shit as it is theorized.

I’m legit scared and if anyone here has any practical and serious advice on what I should do or if I should do anything at all? Please advise. I’m not being a drama queen kr an attention whore either. Fuck! I am really floored by this whole thing right now but this ooor guy is not a bad person. He’s a guy who is probably suffering from schizophrenia and has limited support if any at all.

I really wanna hear decent advice. Jokes are fine but I’m seriously concerned he might hurt himself and/or others.

TIA. 😘

by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2021 10:45 AM

Could you summarise your actual question in two or three SHORT sentences?

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2021 10:47 AM

If you don’t want jokes, then why did you bring me into this discussion?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2021 10:47 AM

[quote]I write crazy AF shit too

You don't say.

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2021 10:49 AM

Brevity, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2021 10:50 AM

He's always been a strange one, that Barry.

by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2021 11:01 AM

I could Barry get through that post.

Okay, no, I didn't. I just wanted to make that joke. I wasn't wasting time reading what OP wrote after that.

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2021 11:03 AM

Barry was so hot. Best lookin Bee Gee ever. Thanks, R3.

R4, I’m whacky AF, however, even I’m my diminished mental health she to multiple valid and legit circumstances, I’m not experiencing homocidical and:or suicidal ideation. I’m not fapping to thoughts of apocalyptic justice, nor am I referencing Angels or Alien entities as mythological that I actually believe in or even tolerate on a pseudoscience or metaphysical level. Anything is possible, however, I can think outside of the box via fantasy or impossible shit for entertainment purposes and even write whacky stuff which I recognize as mildly disorganized at times, yet consider to be private and therapeutic. Point is, I know when to climb back in the box. I don’t disassociate not do I expressed desires for retribution.

The shit looked either like a well constructed art installation, installed on social media to fuck with people such as myself OR, it’s real.

And I’m not hysteric and calling the FBI either, because unless there’s immediate, present danger in my physical space, I do not cry wolf and hurl false accusations or cry wolf.

I wish I could link the whole mess here, but I don’t feel comfortable with that nor do I want to make him vulnerable to any trolling, regardless of the true nature of what I came across and my interpretation of it.

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2021 11:07 AM

OP you have written exhaustively to us, strangers, and in weird tone. I AM CONCERNED ABOUT YOU. We don't know your friend and you don't even speak to him. But you are pretty fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2021 11:11 AM

Barry? A bit overfamiliar, aren't you, OP?

by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2021 11:18 AM

I didn’t read all that but it sounds schizo now doesn’t it, hunty?

by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2021 11:25 AM

QAnon plus schizophrenia? I doubt there's anything you can do OP. But you sound rambling and overly invested. I join others here in urging you to reach out to a therapist stat.

by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2021 11:30 AM

Thanks, OP, but I'm getting by.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 13, 2021 11:32 AM

Sometimes, OP, I feel like I can't smile without you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 13, 2021 11:34 AM

Oh, horse shit, R9. My depression is as far as it can go and still contained and managed as well as can be expected under my current circumstances.

As many typos as I have in my long winded rants, and as stressed as I am due to shit such as my mother holding my cat hostage while in currently attempting to move from what is a ridiculously insane environment, I am not posting manifestos about Angels and revenge on the fucking internet, like the fucking Uni-Bomber did, before he decided to release the hounds and get busy.

Regardless, this isn’t about me defending myself, because I’m aware of what ails me and am transparent AF about it, because I’m not ashamed of missing a few screws and if more were to be critically loosened, I’d call myself an ambulance, because that’s what being in tune with myself means to me.

I’m as fried as can be. I knew getting out of here and moving back to my previous place of residence wasn’t going to be easy, but I’m not going to beat myself up for handling my shit as best I can, while going through what will most probably entail another week of hostage negotiations with a mother who has LITERALLY locked and barricaded herself into her bedroom with my fucking cat and REFUSES to let her go with me. You try dealing with that crazy bitch and see how you fare. And then her psycho husband on top of it, who explodes like a ultra sensitive explosive device anytime he senses a loss of his self perceived control and aims it at me? JFC. All things considered, I’m fucking GOLDEN, R9.

The fucked up one here is you. Not I. But I understand your sophomoric put downs, and you can keep it coming, little Miss Contrarian, because after living in this nuthouse for 5 years in which I’m attempting to extract my cat from? I’m fucking Teflon.

Throw the sink at me, sweetheart. I’ve got my catchers mitt on and can play ball with my eyes closed.

by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2021 11:41 AM

Does he have any family who would 5150 him? Does he own firearms? Could you revise this summary, edit it down to less than half the length to improve clarity and go to his local authorities instead of here at DL? Or the FBI? If he's a serious threat to others (as in mass shooter, terrorist), go to the FBI. If he's a rage monster with a mental defect where he thinks he's an avenger, go to the local authorities.

by Anonymousreply 16September 13, 2021 11:43 AM

STHU, OP.

by Anonymousreply 17September 13, 2021 11:44 AM

Please don't get into writing anywhere outside of your blog.

by Anonymousreply 18September 13, 2021 11:51 AM

Let your mom have the cat you selfish bitch

by Anonymousreply 19September 13, 2021 12:00 PM

A tad prolix

by Anonymousreply 20September 13, 2021 12:00 PM

OP — listen to the voices in your head.

by Anonymousreply 21September 14, 2021 6:06 AM

The only one here I feel sorry for is the cat.

Plus, I kinda understand your mom who doesn't want to let you take Kitty and probably sacrifice her to Baal.

by Anonymousreply 22September 14, 2021 6:48 AM

Excuse me, OP, were you saying something?

by Anonymousreply 23September 14, 2021 5:21 PM

Will Barry Hanging On join Jackie On Assistance amongst the DL glitterati?

by Anonymousreply 24September 14, 2021 5:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!