Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can't Even Breath(e): The Book

It's been ten years since Amy Winehouse died, and her nearest and dearest have put together a book of reminiscences of her.

Here's a piece in today's Guardian by the editor/curator of the book, Naomi Parry, who seems horrified by what a circus Amy's death was, as if circus-like funerals are somehow unusual for famous young music stars who have notorious substance abuse problems and then die from them early.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2021 10:43 PM

I can never muster any sympathy for Amy Winehouse despite her enormous talent.

by Anonymousreply 1September 11, 2021 11:45 PM

The juggling act with her corpse deserved the bad press it received.

by Anonymousreply 2September 12, 2021 12:08 AM

What does the title of this thread have todo with Amy Winehouse? Is it a song reference or something?

I’m not interested in the author’s story that’s featured in OP’s article and haven’t been able to find a real preview of the book but it sounds like it could be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2021 9:25 PM

I miss the Wino. She did have talent.

by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2021 9:28 PM

I do love much of her work, I must say.

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2021 9:31 PM

"Back to Black" is a truly great album.

by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2021 9:34 PM

Sorta . kinda made it clear what it was all going to look like when she recorded Rehab..."I won't go to rehab, no, no, no. The anthem for many a dead addict, her too. Too bad she had some talent.

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2021 10:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!