Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dog trainer Cesar Millan’s pit bull killed Queen Latifah’s dog, and he tried to cover it up

A young gymnast’s suit claims a dog owned by famed canine trainer Cesar Millan attacked one owned by the rapper-actress.

The details of a lawsuit from a young woman named Lidia Matiss allege that a dog owned by famed canine trainer Cesar Millan previously attacked another.

The lawsuit claims that Junior, Millan’s pit bull, attacked and killed a dog owned by Queen Latifah, and Millan lied to cover it up.

According to Matiss’ lawsuit, which was obtained by TMZ, Queen Latifah brought two of her dogs to be treated at Millan’s dog psychology center in Santa Clarita, California. Junior allegedly mauled her dog to death, but Millan reportedly told the rapper-actress her pet had been struck by a car.

Matiss claimed that in 2017, she went to her mother’s office in a building owned by Millan, for whom she worked. There, Matiss says, she encountered Junior, who she contends was walking its halls unsupervised and without a leash.

She says the dog attacked her, biting her legs, including her left calf, and she had to be treated at a local hospital for severe injuries.

Before her injury, Matiss had been a promising gymnast in the USA Gymnastics Junior Olympics. She said that before her injury, she had been scouted by the University of Pennsylvania for a potential scholarship, but the dog’s reported office attack ended her career.

Matiss claims her mother’s boss knew that Junior had a history of violence, yet the celebrity dog trainer allowed him to roam freely.

Millan responded in the lawsuit that Matiss assumed the risk of being bitten, maintaining that she was somehow also negligent.

According to a tweet, Queen Latifah shared that she had her first training session with Millan in January 2018.

Millan is best known for his Emmy Award-nominated television series, Dog Whisperer, which aired for nine seasons on National Geographic.

He is best known for his use of behavior modification techniques and the philosophy that exercise, discipline and affection are required “in that order” for dogs to be raised healthy and balanced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127September 21, 2021 8:28 AM

I'm surprised Latifah didn't beat his ass.

by Anonymousreply 1September 10, 2021 11:24 PM

Horrific story.

by Anonymousreply 2September 10, 2021 11:40 PM

Cesar is shady

by Anonymousreply 3September 10, 2021 11:45 PM

He abuses the dogs he works with.

by Anonymousreply 4September 10, 2021 11:46 PM

I have thought him a fraud from day one of his TV career.

by Anonymousreply 5September 10, 2021 11:49 PM

I got that vibe too, R5.

by Anonymousreply 6September 10, 2021 11:56 PM

Why are pit bulls allowed?

by Anonymousreply 7September 11, 2021 12:05 AM

If this is true, Cesar is a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 8September 11, 2021 12:07 AM

Pit Boo Dakker

by Anonymousreply 9September 11, 2021 12:14 AM

I’m lost, are there two different stories going on here? Where do they intersect, is the gymnast the long lost daughter of Queen Latifah?

by Anonymousreply 10September 11, 2021 12:21 AM

I knew Cesar Milan was fake as a three dollar bill the moment he smiled: all veneers, no substance.

by Anonymousreply 11September 11, 2021 12:23 AM

Scamming the scammer

by Anonymousreply 12September 11, 2021 12:38 AM

told you. I do wonder how a raging misogynist and cock o the walk like him reacted to a strong, intelligent lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 13September 11, 2021 12:41 AM

I like him. BUT pitbulls should be eliminated off PLANET EARTH.

by Anonymousreply 14September 11, 2021 12:44 AM

This case better not go before Judge Judy. We know how she feels about Pit Bulls.

by Anonymousreply 15September 11, 2021 12:53 AM

Milan has always been awful with all of his damn shushing and kicking. I want to bite him every time I see his ugly face on TV and I’m not even a dog.

by Anonymousreply 16September 11, 2021 1:24 AM

Wait, he kicks dogs?

by Anonymousreply 17September 11, 2021 1:46 AM

I mean, even I have punched a dog in the snout. But, his kicking is basically a training method at this point.

by Anonymousreply 18September 11, 2021 1:53 AM

I thought he was smarmy and have avoided him, did not know that. He should be legally and financially liable for not controlling a viscous dog. And his rep should be ruined.

by Anonymousreply 19September 11, 2021 1:57 AM

Did Queen L have pit bulls herself?

by Anonymousreply 20September 11, 2021 2:16 AM

It's one thing to own a dangerous dog, it's another to allow that dog access to be dangerous. I have a dangerous dog, I don't allow him in situations to actually harm himself or others. Because I am not a know it all asshole.

by Anonymousreply 21September 11, 2021 2:17 AM

He always came off as gay to me. Just sayin.

by Anonymousreply 22September 11, 2021 2:30 AM

I’m with r10. What does Latifah’s dog have to do with this? Whose mother worked where?

by Anonymousreply 23September 11, 2021 2:36 AM

Well at least I won the Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 24September 11, 2021 2:38 AM

The victim's mother works for Millan. The victim went to the office to see her mom. While there, Millan's dog bit her. The victim is saying that Millan knew the dog was dangerous because it had previously killed Queen Latifah's dog. Millan had lied to Queen Latifah and said the dog had gotten hit by a car.

Presumably the victim knows what actually happened to Queen Latifah's dog because the victim's mom works for Millan.

by Anonymousreply 25September 11, 2021 2:40 AM

I would think that Milan would have paid the girl off immediately and had her sign a non-disclosure. I heard his first wife and his manager cleaned him out years ago, but by the time of the bite he should have had money to pay her off.

by Anonymousreply 26September 11, 2021 2:42 AM

[quote] The victim's mother works for Millan. The victim went to the office to see her mom. While there, Millan's dog bit her. The victim is saying that Millan knew the dog was dangerous because it had previously killed Queen Latifah's dog. Millan had lied to Queen Latifah and said the dog had gotten hit by a car.

So is Queen Latifah just finding out this information now?

I'm curious what's her reaction.

by Anonymousreply 27September 11, 2021 2:51 AM

Queen Latifah should release a diss track.

Seriously though, some dogs, like people, are just bad. Pitbulls for example. Clearly, even he couldn't change his pitbull's nature.

by Anonymousreply 28September 11, 2021 2:58 AM

Queen Latifah hired some guys who are going to bite Cesar Millan as payback.

by Anonymousreply 29September 11, 2021 2:59 AM

[quote] I have a dangerous dog, I don't allow him in situations to actually harm himself or others.

What dangerous dog do you own?

by Anonymousreply 30September 11, 2021 3:01 AM

[quote] I would think that Milan would have paid the girl off immediately and had her sign a non-disclosure. I heard his first wife and his manager cleaned him out years ago, but by the time of the bite he should have had money to pay her off.

I agree it's weird he's letting this go to court. According to that shitty article:

[quote] Millan responded in the lawsuit that Matiss assumed the risk of being bitten, maintaining that she was somehow also negligent.

Maybe there is more to the story and he feels confident that he could prevail in court because of some unspecified action on the part of the girl. I'm not trying to make excuses for him-- I don't care for him at all. I just think it's odd that he'd risk the bad publicity if there wasn't something else going on.

by Anonymousreply 31September 11, 2021 3:02 AM

r30, I don't understand your question? My dog is dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 32September 11, 2021 3:08 AM

[quote] Clearly, even he couldn't change his pitbull's nature.

He's an arrogant asshole.

Cesar seems to have some sort of "god complex" when it comes to training dogs.

A vicious dog might behave if it's in Cesar's sphere of influence, but when he's not around, they will misbehave.

Which is precisely why he has to keep them away from people and other pets.

by Anonymousreply 33September 11, 2021 3:35 AM

[quote]Dog trainer Cesar Millan’s pit bull killed Queen Latifah’s dog, tried to cover it up: lawsuit

The DOG tried to cover it up? WHO WRITES THIS SHIT???!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 34September 11, 2021 3:41 AM

[quote] Cesar is shady

As is everyone who considers this year bloodsport animals pets.

by Anonymousreply 35September 11, 2021 3:44 AM

He's risked his whole "career" by this going public. Is he nuts?

by Anonymousreply 36September 11, 2021 3:51 AM

New poster, same question to R30 (rescue-chick) who replied: "I don't understand your question? My dog is dangerous."

My question, as I'm sure is the question of everyone on this board, is: Why the FUCK do you feed, keep and nurture an animal that you know is dangerous. That is an obnoxiously stupid thing to do. You know it is "dangerous," but you continue to let it live? WHY the fuck are you doing that? Are you just waiting until it attacks and maims or kills someone? Are you just waiting until it maims or kills you? Because sooner or later, one scenario or the other is going to play out and (if you're still around) you're going to be telling the press, "I don't know what happened. It was such a nice dog. Dangerous, but nice. I have no idea what could have caused this!" YOU will have caused it, fucktard. But people like you will never learn.

by Anonymousreply 37September 11, 2021 3:52 AM

R37, chill out.

Her user name is "Rescue Chick," so I'm assuming that's her thing.

Although it's not something I would ever do, some people feel the need to work with troubled animals.

That said, I truly do hope that dog is secured. I would hate to see something terrible happen one day, to her or anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 38September 11, 2021 3:57 AM

I fucked Cesar Millan in his ASS one whole summer off the coast of the Santa Clara River.

by Anonymousreply 39September 11, 2021 3:58 AM

[quote] I don't understand your question? My dog is dangerous.

You understand the question. Please answer.

by Anonymousreply 40September 11, 2021 4:01 AM

Is the gymnast a RentGirl for Tifah?

by Anonymousreply 41September 11, 2021 4:05 AM

Dangerous Dogs that will kill people NEED to be put down. The end.

by Anonymousreply 42September 11, 2021 4:13 AM

Separate but related, I always felt that his television program was edited deceitfully to show a a progression and mastery of the animals’ challenges that seemed really staged and phony. It’s possible that guests who appeared on the show were subject to no disclosure agreements, and their only public comment was that contained in the show itself and edited by producers. I was offered a few reality television concepts, and I was really amazed at how restrictive the agreements were. I wonder how many participants, excited by the idea, ultimately regret participating and feel “played” afterward. I thought some of the show’s concluding segments were staged and fake, especially when they showed the same interaction several times, from different angles, both the aggressive behavior of concern and then the “corrected” healthier interaction. It looked super fake.

by Anonymousreply 43September 11, 2021 4:14 AM

r37, I understand your question now and respect it.

My dog is completely secure. The day I feel he is not, I will put him down. I never planned on having a dangerous dog but I have had him for 7 or 8 years now and have never had a problem.

I would almost never recommend anyone to be in my situation and he's with me because he's obviously unadoptable. When I take in a foster I promise them that they will always have a safe home. This dog's home turned out to be with me. It took a few years before I was able to declare he was unadoptable and by then had a system set up with my other 2 dogs that worked for all of us.

I am antisocial, don't like people in my house, have no social life and like it that way. My neighbors all know about him and feel completely comfortable with my level of being able to keep everyone safe and they have even developed a long distance relationship with him.

I have a gorilla cage crate for if maintenance is in. I have built in 'baby gates' throughout my house and in my porch. I have 2 bedrooms, he's in one if I am not home.

If there were an emergency, I have a leather agitator mask for him, a harness from ruffwear with a handle to carry him. I have him double collared and double leashed when I take him to the bathroom outside and if we're in the (fenced) yard I have the porch gated off so it's inaccessible. When he's in the yard he's double collared with a vinyl coated steel cable as a lead rated for like, a thousand pounds on each collar. The cables are attached to the big porch beam with a clip thing used for towing trucks. We're fine.

by Anonymousreply 44September 11, 2021 4:16 AM

Iyanla can fix your life, R44.

by Anonymousreply 45September 11, 2021 4:29 AM

Millan walls all smoke and mirrors anyway.

by Anonymousreply 46September 11, 2021 4:32 AM

I am actually, for possibly the first time, pretty happy in my life r45.

I don't know if Milan still 'teams up' with other rescues around the country (visiting, promoting, doing a show) but that's basically a scam. The rescues and people donating/going to the show/buying the videos think the local, small rescue are getting the money. Not a chance. The rescue does all of the work, sign away rights to the videos and any photos and get basically nothing from it but a lot of stress. They definitely don't get the money.

by Anonymousreply 47September 11, 2021 4:41 AM

Back when I used to regularly read gossip sites, both CDAN and Lainey posted about Cesar refusing to talk or make eye contact with virtually anyone who tried to speak with him, including crew and makeup personnel. Only those famous would be acknowledged. Both sites were harsh so there’s probably a grain of truth there.

I also remember a blind about Cesar’s wife griping about Cesar’s spending on skincare and makeup, he acquired more than she did.

What a tool.

by Anonymousreply 48September 11, 2021 5:08 AM

[R47], [R44], [R32]. Hello, Rescue-chick. I always enjoy reading your posts. ;~}

by Anonymousreply 49September 11, 2021 5:09 AM

Cesar probably wanted the dog meat for bulgogi. He is Filipino, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 50September 11, 2021 5:13 AM

Hi r49! I hope you are well 😊

by Anonymousreply 51September 11, 2021 5:16 AM

What was on his iPawd?

by Anonymousreply 52September 11, 2021 5:17 AM

R37 here.. I apologize to Rescue Chick. I should never have used any demeaning language toward you. I thought you were bragging that you had a dangerous animal in your house, and apparently that is not the case. I was reacting as someone who knows a couple of people who have been attacked by dangerous dogs. I didn't know your story. I still think it's a very risky adventure that you have entered into, and it is certainly not one that I would want to embark upon myself. I hope it works out safely and well for you. That is all. I wish you the best.

by Anonymousreply 53September 11, 2021 5:19 AM

No need to apologize r53- I actually agree with you! I would NEVER advise anyone to keep a dangerous dog and greatly respect that you also have common sense. He's not the worst dog I have ever had, just the most broken. We're kind of a perfect match!

by Anonymousreply 54September 11, 2021 5:23 AM

I have to add, however, that Cesar Millan is clearly a charlatan. I watched a few of his shows when I was caring for my mother this summer and there was absolutely nothing else on daytime TV aside from Ellen and the rest of the idiots (Drew Barrymore, we have to talk. What are you THINKING?) Like I said, I watched a few of his shows on cable and he is absolutely a liar and a grifter. Dog Whisperer my ass. He's yet another closeted fag with an angle and a funny haircut. It was painfully obvious when watching that beyond some basic obedience skills, Cesar has no “power” over dogs whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 55September 11, 2021 5:38 AM

As a gay man, I use the word "fag" with love, of course. I wouldn't want my new cabaret extravaganza "Jack 2021" to be canceled, now would I?

by Anonymousreply 56September 11, 2021 5:43 AM

She has brought a suit against Milan because she asserts the injury from the bite prevents her from pursuing an athletic career. Oh, hon.

by Anonymousreply 57September 11, 2021 5:44 AM

I've known people who were thoroughly into dogs & their training, took it seriously with thought and care, etc. They said that among people who took that approach, Cesar was much considered to be a cash ho bullshit artist.

by Anonymousreply 58September 11, 2021 6:00 AM

Pit bulls that are dangerous are not "broken". They have bad genes. You cannot train away, or love away a dog's natural temperament.

All breeds can be mistreated and can end up "broken" but they do not become dangerous because of it, especially not after being with a caring and loving owner as you appear to be.

Sorry bit those dogs and their mixes need to be bred out of existence. Crate and rotate is no way to live - not for the dog or for the owner.

by Anonymousreply 59September 11, 2021 6:05 AM

[quote] I have a gorilla cage crate for if maintenance is in. I have built in 'baby gates' throughout my house and in my porch. I have 2 bedrooms, he's in one if I am not home.

[quote] If there were an emergency, I have a leather agitator mask for him, a harness from ruffwear with a handle to carry him. I have him double collared and double leashed when I take him to the bathroom outside and if we're in the (fenced) yard I have the porch gated off so it's inaccessible. When he's in the yard he's double collared with a vinyl coated steel cable as a lead rated for like, a thousand pounds on each collar. The cables are attached to the big porch beam with a clip thing used for towing trucks. We're fine.

You know what really terrifies me?

It's the fact that there are thousands of pitbull owners out there, with the same type of dog as RescueChick, and they don't take nearly as many precautions with their dog.

I've seen assholes with the scariest fucking dogs I've ever seen, and they just let them roam loose.

I agree with R59. That breed should not exist any more.

by Anonymousreply 60September 11, 2021 7:16 AM

Rescue-chick, stop punching your dog in the snout! What kind of fucking human being calls herself "rescue"-chick and brags about punching dogs? I have owned 7 dogs so far and not had to punch or kick one of them.

by Anonymousreply 61September 11, 2021 2:12 PM

r59, my dog isn't a pitbull. He's a one eyed siberian husky /border collie mix. He was found as a stray puppy in the south with maggots in his eye socket. We joke that they missed removing one and there's occasionally a fly controlling his brain. He's the sweetest, smartest dog that I have ever met, he just can't regulate.

by Anonymousreply 62September 11, 2021 2:24 PM

uh, r61, I said that I have punched a dog in the snout. Not MY dog. Anyone who fosters difficult dogs is going to get one who tries to attack you. The last dog I had go for my face was a 60 pound Australian cattle dog mix who was terrified of food. I turned my head for half a second when I put his bowl on the floor and saw him coming out of the corner of my eye.

I was saying (clearly poorly), that unfortunately if you are around enough dogs you are going to get one that goes for you but you don't make kicking/pushing/swiping /swatting etc part of your training plan.

by Anonymousreply 63September 11, 2021 2:33 PM

R44 Do you ever take him for a walk outside your yard? Also, husky/collie mix doesn't sound that dangerous. Like if he would attack someone or another dog and person would hit him/kick him in defense, he would probably let go an go away. Unlike pit bulls and similar breeds that don't let go once they bite someone untill they kill the person/animal.

by Anonymousreply 64September 11, 2021 2:42 PM

At least the DL now knows for sure Cesar Milan has a small dick.

by Anonymousreply 65September 11, 2021 2:46 PM

Punching a dog that’s “terrified of food” doesn’t make much sense to me either. Although I understand that there are unfortunately many fucked op dogs because of stupid and incompetent owners.

Yes, some dogs have genetic faults, but not every dog’s issues are genetic. I live with 3 German Shepherds, they’re as sweet as any dog could be, but I also know the breed, even though each one of my dogs has a different personality regardless of breed, and what they need in terms of daily training, exercise, and mental stimulation.

I don’t understand why people get dogs when they don’t understand the responsibilities that come with being a dog owner. And “trainers” like Milan don’t help with their stupid training methods in which they assume that every behavior stems from your dog trying to be dominant over you. My dogs know that I’m the head of household since they haven’t figured out how to order their own food from Chewy.

by Anonymousreply 66September 11, 2021 2:47 PM

I had a borderline collie once. Very sweet but those dogs are CRAZY. And they are bred to bite people, especially children. We had to keep it tied up most of the time because it would literally crash into the windows most nights trying to get out to the backyard. And every walk was an opportunity it HIS mind to herd little running screaming children. By biting them. He was an impossible dog to tire out for two busy young gay men. My boyfriend loved him until the dog made the fastest head turn in history and sunk his teeth in his forearm. Very pretty dog, not meant as a family pet. We found him a good home - on a farm. Being cute helps. Rescue Chick would be better off without such a dangerous dog, but I admire her commitment and daily dedication. And her love of DRAG.😘

by Anonymousreply 67September 11, 2021 2:47 PM

[quote] At least the DL now knows for sure Cesar Milan has a small dick.

I'm more shocked that this QUEEN wears pancake makeup, and has tons of beauty products!

Even more shocked that he has two grown sons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 11, 2021 2:50 PM

[quote]Punching a dog that’s “terrified of food” doesn’t make much sense to me either.

The writer of that punched the dog because she saw out of the corner of her eye, as she was bending down with the food, that the dog was commencing to attack her. What else would you have done? Please read before judging.

by Anonymousreply 69September 11, 2021 2:52 PM

Pitbulls have malformed brains from inbreeding. They are, essentially, wild animals. What do people think would happen if they encountered a feral pitbull in the wild? It would attack and eat you!

by Anonymousreply 70September 11, 2021 2:55 PM

[quote] It's the fact that there are thousands of pitbull owners out there, with the same type of dog as RescueChick, and they don't take nearly as many precautions with their dog.

I'm apprehensive about going to dog parks with my dog (he's 4 and I still haven't taken him to one) because I'm afraid their will be a Rottweiller, Pitbull, etc. It's scary to imagine those dogs off leash with other animals.

by Anonymousreply 71September 11, 2021 3:46 PM

*there

by Anonymousreply 72September 11, 2021 3:47 PM

R71. I have a neighbor with a female Rottweiler. That damn dog tries to jump the fence whenever my dog and I walk down the street. If that dog ever gets over that fence, I’m afraid she’d kill us both.

by Anonymousreply 73September 11, 2021 4:01 PM

R73, Jesus, that's scary. And situations like that are the kind of thing I'm afraid of encountering in dog parks. In the park right in front of my apartment (not a dog park), people sometimes let their dogs go off leash which is against the rules. But they still do it. You can guarantee some ignorant asshole Pitbull owner will do that same thing.

by Anonymousreply 74September 11, 2021 4:05 PM

My pitbull-black lab mix, while on leash, got chased and bit by an escaped golden retriever a few months ago. We never saw that coming and you don't know which dogs are gonna be psycho. After a visit by the dog catcher, there is a new fence around the golden's yard. My junkyard pitbull dutchess is a handsome and very friendly and affectionate dog who stops in front of children, puts his head down and ears back, and waits for head scratches.

by Anonymousreply 75September 11, 2021 4:44 PM

I can't even imagine what a pitbull/labrador mix even looks like.

Those breeds could not possibly be more different.

by Anonymousreply 76September 11, 2021 4:52 PM

Cesar blew $10 million and went bankrupt at one point. His bad spiral started when his dog "Daddy" (yes, the dog was named "Daddy") died. His wife filed for divorce, he tried to commit suicide, ended up in a psychiatric hospital and became the "pack leader" of the other psychiatric patients. What a guy.

[quote] While confined to a psychiatric hospital, Millan discovered that many of the patients were fans of his. “The patients there knew me. They didn't trust the psychologists, but they trusted me. So they wanted Cesar to be in the consultations." he explained. “So I became their pack leader.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77September 11, 2021 5:48 PM

R77 Oh honey, there’s way too much cookie smelling in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 78September 11, 2021 6:02 PM

We had a college-aged Trumpster kid neighbor with four large German Shepherds for a while, and one would get out regularly and came after the delivery guys, me, other neighbors, and even tried to get into fenced-in yards with other dogs, apparently to attack them. The Trumpster kid caught me and the UPS guy both holding dog mace one day and talking about the dog, and the dog never got out again. Months later I saw that he had posted to Facebook that he was going to kill anyone who touched his dogs, and he mentioned me, the UPS guy, another neighbor who had made it clear he would use his buckshot rifle against the dog if he had to, AND the post office, which had told him they were going to stop delivering to him. Then his mommy posted a reply "the police also had a word with you, didn't they?"

That's the kind of person who owns a violent animal, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 79September 11, 2021 6:02 PM

[quote] my dog isn't a pitbull. He's a one eyed siberian husky /border collie mix.

Then why in the world are you playing these gotcha games with us?

Are you sure of its genetic make-up? As in its DNA tested?

Border collies are probably the smartest dog there is and they can be retrained if you have the proper trainer. Huskies are another matter.

And, despite what someone above said, border collies are not trained to bite people. They have a natural tendency to nip at sheep and whatever they are corralling - sometimes kids - but a nip is not a dedicated assault to the death like a pit.

by Anonymousreply 80September 11, 2021 6:41 PM

[quote] The patients there knew me. They didn't trust the psychologists, but they trusted me.

This sounds like something Tom Cruise would say.

by Anonymousreply 81September 11, 2021 6:43 PM

[quote] I have a neighbor with a female Rottweiler. That damn dog tries to jump the fence whenever my dog and I walk down the street. If that dog ever gets over that fence, I’m afraid she’d kill us both.

Rottweilers are second to pits & pit mixes in deadly attacks on humans. Though there is a huge gap between 1st and 2d place. You should document every attempt to get to you or to your dog. It may seem like a PITA but it may be useful if that dog ever gets out. Dogs like that need to have a muzzle on every time they are out of the house or not in a 3 sided enclosure (that is, sides and a top). Just make a notation on your calendar.

by Anonymousreply 82September 11, 2021 6:49 PM

I've seen many sweet Rotties in dog parks.

by Anonymousreply 83September 11, 2021 6:54 PM

If I ever were to have a dog again, I would not want a dog that causes me to sleep with one eye open.

I can understand not wanting to kill dangerous dogs and wanting to place them in homes without children, etc. IMO, calling it "rescuing" an animal, etc., is virtue signaling. I realize that "rescue" has become part of the language now, but it reminds me of the widespread use of "tolerance." We'll tolerate you gays, etc. Great, thanks so much.

by Anonymousreply 84September 11, 2021 6:56 PM

I'll tolerate biting from a gay, but not a dog. Euthanize.

by Anonymousreply 85September 11, 2021 7:11 PM

THIS. NEVER. HAPPENED.

And you "pit bulls are a threat" queens need a xanax...Ive owned multiple pit bulls and NEVER had a bad experience

by Anonymousreply 86September 11, 2021 7:15 PM

I leave the dog park when a pit enters. They nearly always cause bloody drama.

by Anonymousreply 87September 11, 2021 7:22 PM

Pit Bulls have been banned in Ontario Canada since 2005. One out of every 3 Canadians live in Ontario. Of course they are sometimes dangerous and lethal dogs. It is illegal to own one there. And other places. New Zealand, Brazil, Belgium, Canada, France, Finland, Denmark, Poland, Norway, and the U. S. territory of Puerto Rico.

Don't bite off my leg and tell me it's a mosquito.

by Anonymousreply 88September 11, 2021 7:22 PM

R86, then you can count your lucky stars. Or you have redefined "bad experience" to fit your narrative.

Not all pits are bad but you cannot tell the good from the bad until it happens - unless there have been clues that went ignored or excused by foolish self-deception. Pits can go years and years will no events and then all of a sudden do what's called "turning on" - it's like a call from Mother Nature to listen to its genes. And then they do what their centuries of breeding causes them to do. They attack.

I cannot believe that intelligent people take such risks.

by Anonymousreply 89September 11, 2021 7:30 PM

[quote] THIS. NEVER. HAPPENED. And you "pit bulls are a threat" queens need a xanax...Ive owned multiple pit bulls and NEVER had a bad experience

Exactly. Pitties are the best. I just gave two of mine to my sister after she gave birth since as a single mother she could use all the help she can get. They don’t call them nanny dogs for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 90September 11, 2021 8:00 PM

[quote] Pitties are the best. I just gave two of mine to my sister after she gave birth since as a single mother she could use all the help she can get.

Can I have her things, after the pit bull eats her and her baby?

by Anonymousreply 91September 11, 2021 8:35 PM

Why would they do that?

by Anonymousreply 92September 11, 2021 8:49 PM

[quote] Exactly. Pitties are the best. I just gave two of mine to my sister after she gave birth since as a single mother she could use all the help she can get. They don’t call them nanny dogs for nothing.

LMAO!!! I assume there is an inheritance you are fighting over.

by Anonymousreply 93September 11, 2021 9:59 PM

Caesar looks like an insatiable bottom and I would LOVE to hear why the wife left him (with a tidy sum of money).

by Anonymousreply 94September 11, 2021 11:23 PM

[quote] Australian cattle dog mix who was terrified of food.

Wait, wait, wait! "Terrified of food"? I've never heard such a thing for any living thing. Like an anorexic dog or what? Can you please go into some detail?

by Anonymousreply 95September 12, 2021 2:18 AM

If I were a dog I'd very much want to be trained by that guy from Lucky Dog. Even if I weren't a dog.

by Anonymousreply 96September 12, 2021 3:45 AM

I love our resident anti social dog lover, rescue chick.

That's all.

by Anonymousreply 97September 12, 2021 7:06 AM

[quote]IMO, calling it "rescuing" an animal, etc., is virtue signaling.

On Datalounge, we have several trolls who use animal rescue as part of their troll persona. Consider it a big red flag if people show up out of the woodwork to say "this person who rescues cats is amazing! you can't say anything bad about them, everyone loves them!" kinds of stuff. Not singling anyone out here, I can think of three specific individual trolls off the top of my head, there's probably more.

by Anonymousreply 98September 12, 2021 8:52 AM

Seriously, how can dog be terrified of food? And how do you know it's terrified of it. Surely every dog has to eat sometime, right?

by Anonymousreply 99September 12, 2021 10:16 AM

Thank god pit bulls are banned in my country.

by Anonymousreply 100September 12, 2021 10:17 AM

R7 They're not in my country.

by Anonymousreply 101September 12, 2021 10:18 AM

Rottweilers are incredibly smart, sweet and loving. If you are a member of his/her immediate family. Otherwise they can be sweet but make one wrong move and your throat is torn out.

Rottweilers remind me of what someone told me about Queen Elizabeth decades ago. He said there were two kinds of people in her life. Her family and everybody else.

by Anonymousreply 102September 12, 2021 11:05 AM

[quote]I've seen many sweet Rotties in dog parks.

I too have seen many sweet Rotties, and Staffies, Huskies and even pitbull crosses in leash-free dog parks. They're absolutely lovely for weeks on end, then suddenly they get overexcited or they meet another dog that pushes their buttons, and it's on. The problem with those breeds is that you just can't tell what will turn them. That's why they're scary. If they were vicious all the time they wouldn't be so horrifying. And most of their owners are even worse. Always say it's your dog's fault: it got too close to his ball, it walked past and scared him because he didn't see it in time, it blah blah blah. Your dog is half the size and certainly didn't take the first bite, but it's still your dog's fault. They rarely train their dogs and they take them to leash free parks even though they have no control over them.

My dog, which was cattle-dog sized and a complete harmless idiot, was puppies with a Rottweiler. They played almost every day, until suddenly at 18 months the Rottweiler bit him. Fortunately it only bit and didn't completely savage him. I know two people who've seen their small dogs torn apart in front of them by a big dog that just went nuts. Everyone who goes to a dog park for any length of time has seen a fight. The problem with pitties and staffies is that once they start, they don't stop.

Little dogs can lash out too, but of course in those cases most other dogs can get away in time, and if not, they don't do a lot of damage unless they're smart enough to aim for eyes. Most little dogs ain't that smart.

by Anonymousreply 103September 12, 2021 3:06 PM

R103, that's why I'm afraid of taking my small terrier to a dog park. I don't want to see any pitbulls or rotties there. I'm afraid my dog will get torn to shreds.

by Anonymousreply 104September 12, 2021 3:21 PM

Boxers are on the home insurance hot list as well. Never met a vicious Boxer.

by Anonymousreply 105September 12, 2021 3:25 PM

R103 You put Huskies on that list, among those dogs?

by Anonymousreply 106September 12, 2021 4:06 PM

Cesar Milan is notorious for giving guys scabies

by Anonymousreply 107September 12, 2021 4:19 PM

Rofl R107.

What???!!!

by Anonymousreply 108September 12, 2021 4:21 PM

Can we please get back to gossiping about this little taco queen?

by Anonymousreply 109September 12, 2021 11:49 PM

I have a Westie and we go to the dog park all the time. If I see an idiot with an idiot dog, I leave. All doggies need that socialization. It’s very very rare to see a problem dog at the dog park.

by Anonymousreply 110September 13, 2021 1:52 PM

A Westie would make a delicious little snack for a pit bull, R110.

by Anonymousreply 111September 13, 2021 2:45 PM

To those hesitant about the dog park, I'd suggest using one that has separate areas for big and small. Even with the best dogs, it's better to let them play with dogs their own size, to avoid accidental injuries.

by Anonymousreply 112September 13, 2021 3:57 PM

I won't pretend to understand the DL hate for certain breeds though. Had dogs my entire life. There's been nothing to indicate certain breeds can or will just turn for the hell of it. Rotties were great family dogs, with not a single issue. Same with dobies.

However; I won't contest that some issues might be a product of bad genes. Inbreeding certainly could affect behavior, but again, that's not breed dependent. Usually aggression is the result of ignorant owners, abuse, or the habit of dogs being rehomed way too young. The latter is a bigger problem than people bring up, I'm guessing because there's a lot of people that are selfishly getting puppies before they're 3 months old.

Don't underestimate the importance of a puppy (or any animal) staying with its family for the first few months. They learn a ton of social skills that can't be replicated by people. I have a cat I was given at 4wks old. You can absolutely tell she is off with her social behaviours.

by Anonymousreply 113September 13, 2021 4:00 PM

R112 Who would decide which dogs are big and which are small. Would collie play with big or small dogs? Dogs like st. bernards, great dane, mastiffs...are double the size of a doberman, rottweiler or a german shepard. Three times the size of a pit bull. Some small dogs are few times bigger than chihuahua.

by Anonymousreply 114September 13, 2021 4:19 PM

Are you posting from Moscow or Peking, R114?

I can't understand a fucking word you're saying.

by Anonymousreply 115September 13, 2021 6:04 PM

R114 has never been to a dog park.

by Anonymousreply 116September 13, 2021 6:42 PM

Start a new fucking thread about your dog hatred. This thread is about that crazy, closeted queen Cesar Millan!

by Anonymousreply 117September 13, 2021 8:49 PM

You're not the boss of me, R117. Stand down.

by Anonymousreply 118September 14, 2021 12:34 AM

R115 That's because you are a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 119September 14, 2021 9:09 AM

R116 What does that has to do with dog breeds sizes, genius?

by Anonymousreply 120September 14, 2021 9:10 AM

[quote]If there were an emergency, I have a leather agitator mask for him, a harness from ruffwear with a handle to carry him. I have him double collared and double leashed when I take him to the bathroom outside and if we're in the (fenced) yard I have the porch gated off so it's inaccessible. When he's in the yard he's double collared with a vinyl coated steel cable as a lead rated for like, a thousand pounds on each collar. The cables are attached to the big porch beam with a clip thing used for towing trucks. We're fine.

Good lord! This reads like a scene from Silence of the Lambs.

by Anonymousreply 121September 14, 2021 11:10 AM

OT but people forget what a good rapper Latifah is/was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122September 14, 2021 4:31 PM

People forget that the jaws of a pit bull are incomparable to the bite of other dogs. And they have crazy strength.

I had a neighbor with a pit bull and two other small dogs. It was extremely possessive of the other dogs. One time after a rain, the two little ones squeezed under the backyard fence and were playing with my own dog, I didn’t mind at first as it was quite funny. My American bulldog is very social and was delighted.

But the pit starts snarling and frothing and starts breaking the fence like it was made from toothpicks! Grabbed pieces at the base, pulled them upward and snapped them, crazy! It was snarling and making a loud ruckus. I had petted the dog before with no problems; now, it was like a completely different animal. I grabbed my dog and ran inside and called my neighbors.

They were all like, oh she was just jealous and wouldn’t hurt you. . .😳 I’m like right. . . Oh, by the way, you need to fix the fence.

Luckily they moved a couple of months later, they didn’t like the “restrictions” of living in a neighborhood with a home owner’s association.

by Anonymousreply 123September 14, 2021 6:38 PM

Do we think this cute gay who was featured on Netflix's Canine Intervention because his three-legged pittie, Lady Macbeth, is one aggressive bitch, is going to get his face eaten?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124September 14, 2021 7:37 PM

Just look at the fucking power on that pit bull at R124, even with only three legs.

Those dogs are absolute killing machines.

Terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 125September 14, 2021 7:52 PM

I recall when he first split up with his wife he was very circumspect about it and would only say that it was his fault. He had his wife and two sons on a few of the shows, helping with the dogs.

by Anonymousreply 126September 14, 2021 11:44 PM

Wasn't he called in by the White House to help tame Major?

by Anonymousreply 127September 21, 2021 8:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!