Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ru Paul’s Drag Race Down Under Season 2 is confirmed and casting.

Because there is no God.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 27, 2022 10:14 PM

RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under season 2 was announced in a press release on Thursday, September 9, which casting officially opening up for Aussie and Kiwi contestants. RuPaul will host Down Under season 2, saying: "I am thrilled to produce and host a brand-new season of RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under. We've only just begun to shine a worldwide spotlight on the charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent of Australasian queens."

by Anonymousreply 1September 10, 2021 12:59 PM

Wasn’t the first Season enough?

by Anonymousreply 2September 10, 2021 9:10 PM

Well, this season's first episode was so bad it made me long for Season 1. Bring back Art Simone!

Worst of all, the lighting is terrible. Flat and dull. Everyone looks horrific, particularly Ru and Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2022 6:26 AM

So far this cast has a more positive energy than S1's, although Beverly Kills is a cunt.

Love Minnie and Spankie.

Kween Kong is one of the hottest guys out of drag ever cast in the franchise.

by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2022 7:59 AM

When Spankie walked the runway was that her second time in drag?

by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2022 5:06 PM

She's apparently a big deal in New Zealand, and she won the second season of Kita and Anita's [italic]House of Drag,[/italic] but yeah, that runway was bad.

by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2022 7:35 PM

R6 She is from Palmerston North, she is not big anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 7August 1, 2022 7:37 PM

OK, I had to Google that one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 1, 2022 7:40 PM

R8 The suicide capital of New Zealand.

by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2022 7:50 PM

Spankie's quip about looking like she shopped at The Warehouse (a shitty NZ discount chain) totally sailed over Ru's head.

by Anonymousreply 10August 1, 2022 7:55 PM

[quote]She's apparently a big deal in New Zealand

No, she isn't.

by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2022 8:06 PM

[quote]The suicide capital of New Zealand.

And now we know why. The statistics should improve now that Spanky is out of there.

by Anonymousreply 12August 1, 2022 8:07 PM

It didn’t take very long for Beverly Kills to assert herself as the ‘I’m not a bitch, I’m just being honest’ bitch of the season. This season looks like it’s going to have some great cat fights rather than be the love fest that Drag Race USA has become. Yay!

by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2022 8:48 PM

They all say fuck lots.

by Anonymousreply 14August 1, 2022 8:53 PM

I first read the thread title as “Drag Race Down Under Sea.” If only!

by Anonymousreply 15August 1, 2022 9:03 PM

Only the second season? This series has been down under for years!

by Anonymousreply 16August 1, 2022 9:36 PM

The worst series of Drag Race ever made. It’s not even in the vicinity of it’s so bad it’s good.

by Anonymousreply 17August 6, 2022 8:49 PM

Worse than Canada Season 3?

by Anonymousreply 18August 6, 2022 10:12 PM

I agree, R17, though I am starting to get "car crash" vibes. Can I look away?

These are the dumbest bunch of drag queens ever in the franchise's history.

by Anonymousreply 19August 7, 2022 1:01 AM

Yuri fucks women, and is in a relationship with a drag king.

by Anonymousreply 20August 7, 2022 2:33 AM

Seems like the only positive thing about this iteration of RDPR coming back is more of the super sexy Down Under Pit Crew, with Sean Walters making his return from Season 1:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 7, 2022 3:44 AM

This episode was even worse than the last.

by Anonymousreply 22August 7, 2022 8:29 AM

R19 I think you’re right regarding this becoming a car crash. You can see the “oh shit” look in the eyes of the judges. There’s some extremely weird editing going on… I don’t envy the editing team trying to pull together usable episodes.

by Anonymousreply 23August 7, 2022 8:40 AM

Down Under 1 started the series off on a bad note, so DU2 feels like an upgrade for me. There’s some interesting queens. It certainly is better than Canada 3, which feels like a bar drag pageant judged by amateurs. I can’t take that one seriously at all.

by Anonymousreply 24August 7, 2022 8:55 AM

R17, wait until Canada premieres their All Stars season. The cast list leaked and it’s primed to be a trainwreck of epic proportions.

by Anonymousreply 25August 7, 2022 8:56 AM

I like this bunch of queens, they have a some real characters and lots of humour. The editing of this episode though, did anyone else notice the girls smiling vacantly when the judges were giving their feedback, they didn’t nod, say thank you, nothing, as if they were told to look pretty and smile. And Ru’s eyes looked like she was partly unconscious.

I love that one who was in the top three and should of won, her drag looked super expensive compared to the rest of them, with the fur. Her and Yuri for top three please.

by Anonymousreply 26August 7, 2022 9:14 AM

I was expecting them to get told off for such a bad performance. Maybe they were and that's why there were no responses shown

by Anonymousreply 27August 7, 2022 10:12 AM

I don't understand the raving about Kween Kong's performing prowess? That lip synch was zzzzzzz.

What was the editing in the LSFYL in episode 1? After they both did the splits they cut away for a long time and only showed the judges? Were neither of them able to get up off of the floor?

by Anonymousreply 28August 9, 2022 4:39 AM

Yeah I thought Aubrey could of won the lip sync, it was close. Kong certainly didn’t annihilate her like it was suggested she did. The problem with people saying they can slay a lip sync is that they probably can when they are performing at a bar and can make their own song choices, different when Ru chooses the song. Same happened to Astina Mandela on UK drag race, she told all those girls that you don’t want to be up against me in a lip sync and then Tia Kofi of all people sent her home.

by Anonymousreply 29August 9, 2022 8:44 AM

I fucking love Tia Kofi- she so irreverent about her drag.

by Anonymousreply 30August 9, 2022 2:20 PM

Oooft this season is ROUGH Rough as guts as we say down under.

by Anonymousreply 31August 13, 2022 8:49 PM

This season is a step above Season 1. Which isn't saying much since that is probably the worst season of the whole drag race franchise.

by Anonymousreply 32August 13, 2022 9:16 PM

I think it's worse.

by Anonymousreply 33August 13, 2022 9:21 PM

More definitive proof that Drag Race has jumped the shark. There's now a Philippines edition of the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 13, 2022 9:28 PM

I agree about this season being worse. At least there were a couple of likeable (albeit crap) contestants in season 1, but there aren't really any this season.

by Anonymousreply 35August 13, 2022 10:19 PM

I think Molly and her pair this week were very funny and should of won, Spankie and Yuri got a sympathy vote I think because of her bad eye. I’m enjoying this more than the Canada one, I think it’s a good ole bunch of queens. Minnie will be driving me crazy soon though, I’m bet she bombs snatch game because she struggles to give others any time to shine.

by Anonymousreply 36August 14, 2022 6:58 AM

Drag Race Australia is an abomination!!! Why is no one on DL discussing the best international series Drag Race France!!! They just had the final just a few days ago and it was amazing!! This is what the show is about - an amazing talented cast, stunning fashions, good judges who gave great advice, great guest judges and a brilliant host Nicky Doll who surpassed expectations...she's stunning and empathetic. I'm so glad I watched from beginning to end.

Spoilers in the linked video!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 14, 2022 8:27 AM

DR Philippines sounds like it's going to be catty and messy. It's also the first international edition with its own Untucked.

by Anonymousreply 38August 14, 2022 10:09 AM

Lucy Lawless was a total snooze as a guest judge for the acting challenge.

by Anonymousreply 39August 14, 2022 10:11 AM

[quote]This season is a step above Season 1. Which isn't saying much since that is probably the worst season of the whole drag race franchise.

Have you seen DR Italia?

by Anonymousreply 40August 14, 2022 10:13 AM

r37-Je suis d'accord avec vous. J'ai pleurée quand La Big Bertha et Lolita Banana font leur synchronization labiale.

by Anonymousreply 41August 14, 2022 3:59 PM

It's a fact of life that the shows that aren't in English are going to be less popular than the shows that are in English r37.

by Anonymousreply 42August 14, 2022 5:49 PM

R41, I have never seen a lipsync like that! It was incredible!! Even the judges were crying. That song was amazing!! Those who can't handle subtitles are missing out on one the best seasons in the entire Drag Race franchise. I don't know if season 2 can or will live up to season 1.

Sorry for posting in the Down Under Thread....

by Anonymousreply 43August 14, 2022 6:20 PM

r43, did you see the talent show for DR: Espana? That was the best talent show ever. And don't get me started on all the Drag Race Thailand seasons.

by Anonymousreply 44August 14, 2022 7:28 PM

Yuri fucks women.

by Anonymousreply 45August 15, 2022 2:07 AM

Seemed pretty pointless to have just one safe queen this week to send backstage before the critiques.

by Anonymousreply 46August 21, 2022 7:35 PM

Is there a Phillipines thread? Cause that fat pile of plastic shit Jiggly Pigman just made a huge speech how trannys gave gays their rights, and Marsha drug fucked Johnson threw the first brick at Stonewall.

by Anonymousreply 47August 21, 2022 7:37 PM

That one with the huge overblown lips and who always has his mouth open has the most grating laugh ever - even more annoying than Rupauls fake screeching.

I can't be bothered to learn their names.

by Anonymousreply 48August 22, 2022 6:09 PM

Thank God Minnie was sent packing. That is one annoying ass person, in and out of drag.

by Anonymousreply 49August 23, 2022 5:27 AM

ITA, R49. I really wanted Minnie gone two episodes ago (at least). She was okay to watch on stage (she presents well) but intolerable "behind the scenes". She seemed to have zero self-awareness. Actually, most of these DU-S2 queens are annoying on some level.

by Anonymousreply 50August 23, 2022 6:06 AM

[quote]Is there a Phillipines thread? Cause that fat pile of plastic shit Jiggly Pigman just made a huge speech how trannys gave gays their rights, and Marsha drug fucked Johnson threw the first brick at Stonewall.

In her original season, Jiggly Caliente admitted to being completely ignorant of gay history and had to be given a crash course on Stonewall in the workroom by Chad Michaels and Willam. Season 4 was taped in 2011 and aired in 2012, before Marsha P. Johnson was retconned from a black drag queen into a 'trans woman of color'.

I have not watched DR Philippines, but it comes to absolutely zero surprise that she's now spouting off that talking point without question. She's exactly the type of person who would do so.

by Anonymousreply 51August 23, 2022 2:48 PM

Jiggly is taken herself too seriously- no love, no humor, and great big chiclet teeth. She's no Rupaul

by Anonymousreply 52August 23, 2022 2:55 PM

When I saw Jiggly live she was so late and gave a lame half-hearted performance. Could have been an off night but it soured me on her.

by Anonymousreply 53August 23, 2022 3:02 PM

I have been enjoying Jiggly on Drag Race Philippines (which is pretty bottom of the barrel entertainment). However, I did cringe at her comment about Marsha P. Johnson, which seemed "off" and somewhat pretentious. Girl, stick to being silly and kooky. Don't try to educate others, you will only embarrass yourself.

by Anonymousreply 54August 23, 2022 7:35 PM

Nicky Doll has become a great host, great critiques with warmth, compassion, and humor.

by Anonymousreply 55August 23, 2022 7:57 PM

So sad about this weeks elimination, I thought shed be top 3, fucking awful Bev still there with her brows from hell.

by Anonymousreply 56August 27, 2022 7:00 PM

Someone is still watching this shit?

by Anonymousreply 57August 27, 2022 10:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!