Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden: Employers to require vaccine

The President will announce that all employers with 100 or more employees will be required to mandate COVID-19 vaccines or require testing at least once a week, and they’ll have to provide paid time off. The new rule will impact over 80 million workers in private sector.

by Anonymousreply 301September 16, 2021 12:03 AM

Paid time off for what?

by Anonymousreply 1September 9, 2021 7:43 PM

Link??

by Anonymousreply 2September 9, 2021 7:45 PM

Good. It's certainly not before time.

You want to quit your job rather than take a vaccine, go right ahead.

by Anonymousreply 3September 9, 2021 7:46 PM

There is evil

Ever around, fundamental

System of government

Quite incidental

by Anonymousreply 4September 9, 2021 7:50 PM

Yes Joe! Grab them by the balls!!! But also, can he do that? Not even European went that far? If this is real, Biden is setting him self up for one-term and a vomited reduction in his approval rating.

I support the President on this but somehow I doubt what Op wrote is even remotely correct. They may encourage employers to make vaccine mandatory but there is no way that the Fed has that type of power over private businesses. Biden will have this power over Federal employees though.

by Anonymousreply 5September 9, 2021 8:00 PM

Why not make vaccines mandatory for all businesses...unless possibly if you work alone? Why have the mandate only apply to businesses of 100 or more?

by Anonymousreply 6September 9, 2021 8:03 PM

r5, apparently, he will try to do it through OSHA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 9, 2021 8:04 PM

[quote]Paid time off for what?

I think he means paid time off to get the vaccine and recover from side-effects if needed.

by Anonymousreply 8September 9, 2021 8:05 PM

AP article:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 9, 2021 8:07 PM

The President's taking the hit so the individual businesses don't have to, that's very kind of him.

Not that he'll get anything but abuse for it but it's still very kind.

by Anonymousreply 10September 9, 2021 8:59 PM

I work in the healthcare industry (non-clinical) and my company has mandated that all employees submit a copy of their vaccination forms and fill out an attestation form.

If you have not gotten vaccinated you will be tested every week. This pisses me off to no end! The company is going to pay for the testing...what a waste of money. Once the un-vaccinated have to start paying for their own weekly tests, they will be quick to get their jabs or risk losing their jobs.

by Anonymousreply 11September 9, 2021 9:12 PM

Man, I'm becoming the "I live over in Tennessee" troll.

Sorry.

I wish it were 50 employees or more instead of 100 or more.

Some ghastly bosses (like Trump supporters in Tennessee) will make sure to have 99 employees instead of 100. Any of y'all reading this post who live in Florida know what I mean even though you wish you didn't.

Biden is Heaven sent to me because he has integrity and is leading from his balls, man. That's a sexy breath of fresh air compared to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 12September 9, 2021 9:17 PM

I don’t think employers should foot the bill for the tests, if you decline the vaccine than you accept the consequences for that decision.

I do not want to subsidize the health care of these morons, charge them higher insurance rates.

by Anonymousreply 13September 9, 2021 9:20 PM

"If this is real, Biden is setting him self up for one-term and a vomited reduction in his approval rating."

Based on what evidence? Anyone who'd be strongly against this voted for Trump last year anyway.

"if you decline the vaccine than you accept the consequences for that decision."

Um, no. Because your decision does not just have consequences for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 14September 9, 2021 9:21 PM

I love having a President who takes action.

by Anonymousreply 15September 9, 2021 9:22 PM

It's sad that he is doing the right thing but will probably assuredly cost him re-election. Dems always take the loss.

by Anonymousreply 16September 9, 2021 9:22 PM

Good. Sick of the cretins dragging us under with them.

by Anonymousreply 17September 9, 2021 9:22 PM

Mandatory vaccines are ok, but not mandatory mask wearing.

by Anonymousreply 18September 9, 2021 9:25 PM

Again, I'd like for those who say he'll lose the election over this to show any polling that supports that. Polling I've seen has been more likely to show majority support for a variety of vaccine mandates, mask mandates and other pandemic mitigation efforts.

by Anonymousreply 19September 9, 2021 9:25 PM

both are okay

by Anonymousreply 20September 9, 2021 9:27 PM

R14 What part did you not understand, if you decline the vaccine and are required to test than that’s on you and not your employers problem to subsidize or anyone else’s, make them pay until it hurts.

by Anonymousreply 21September 9, 2021 9:28 PM

Biden won the popular vote. Hilary won the popular vote.

The Dems have a mandate and have for a very long time. The fact that Trump won the way he did and then put in the Supreme Court justices to lean AGAINST the majority of us is what is appalling.

And I say, it doesn't matter if Biden is reelected. The results will be for the greater good once more people have to be vaccinated.

The adults are in charge now and all these antivaxxers can eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 22September 9, 2021 9:42 PM

Good. Time for an insidious emergency public issue like this pandemic to be handled at the federal level as it should be, since it affects people, industries and events between, among and across states.

by Anonymousreply 23September 9, 2021 9:50 PM

R16, most people support vaccinated. 75% of adults are vaccinated

by Anonymousreply 24September 9, 2021 9:52 PM

R23 It should have been handled by the feds from the beginning but Trump was too stupid and lazy to take care of it.

by Anonymousreply 25September 9, 2021 9:54 PM

[quote] 75% of adults are vaccinated

75% of adults have at least one shot, not fully vaccinated. Only ~64% of adults (18+) are fully vaccinated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 9, 2021 10:02 PM

I appreciate him trying to do something about it, but I really hate the executive order route. I hated it when Obama did it, I definitely hated it when the orange fuckwit did it, and I hate it that Biden’s doing it. How are executive orders constitutionally justified?

by Anonymousreply 27September 9, 2021 10:02 PM

[R24] Supporting vs mandates are two different things. Sorry but the past 5 years have just really rattled my faith in our institutions and our people. It's shocking to me what Republicans have gotten away with since Trump and they always seem to have better messaging that people ALWAYS blindly believe with no critical thinking. I just feel like this is just like blood in the water for republicans. Something they can easily weaponize come election time. It is what it is though. This needed to be done. It just is awful when the adults have to take the hit for the greater good when these Republicans never do.

by Anonymousreply 28September 9, 2021 10:04 PM

R27.

by Anonymousreply 29September 9, 2021 10:04 PM

R28.

by Anonymousreply 30September 9, 2021 10:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 9, 2021 10:23 PM

Thanks for having the balls to do this Joe

by Anonymousreply 32September 9, 2021 10:24 PM

[quote]I appreciate him trying to do something about it, but I really hate the executive order route. I hated it when Obama did it, I definitely hated it when the orange fuckwit did it, and I hate it that Biden’s doing it. How are executive orders constitutionally justified?

Then you need to tell those three pieces of shit in the Senate: Schumer, Manchin, and Sinema to stop clinging to the filibuster as an excuse to prevent the Legislative Branch from passing any bills that have broad and overwhelming public support.

by Anonymousreply 33September 9, 2021 10:26 PM

As R33 said, broad and OVERWHELMING public support is so key and our legislative branch of government seems to ignore.

by Anonymousreply 34September 9, 2021 10:31 PM

[quote] and are required to test than that’s on you

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 35September 9, 2021 10:32 PM

R26

There was an uptick in vaccinations over the past few weeks, post-Delta, which can't be included until six weeks after the first shot at the earliest. So, yes, "full" vaccination numbers won't move as significantly probably until later this month.

by Anonymousreply 36September 9, 2021 10:41 PM

R36.

by Anonymousreply 37September 9, 2021 10:45 PM

Good. Fuck these increasingly psychotic assholes who are letting grifters lead them by the short hairs sending them into rages. Those assholes have killed thousands and thousands of people. They don’t give a fuck about your health or well being. We’ve had fucking MANDATORY vaccines forever. WTF is the deal with this one? If the former president had originally strongly encouraged this all these weak minded sheep would have knocked over grandma to get it.

by Anonymousreply 38September 9, 2021 10:48 PM

It’s real.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 9, 2021 10:52 PM

[quote]Paid time off for what?

Masturbation, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 40September 9, 2021 10:57 PM

He should have included a vaccine mandate for airline flights. Keeping anti-masker anti-vaxers off planes would 1) encourage some of them to break down and get vaccinated, and 2) prevent the real mental cases who will never get the shot from disrupting flights.

by Anonymousreply 41September 9, 2021 10:59 PM

Meanwhile, I cannot get my Senior Center (which obviously serves a vulnerable population) to impose a vaccine mandate for guests. (It's required for staff.) They do require masks, but there are some loons who brag about not being vaccinated and are lax about keeping their masks on. If they can impose the rule for schools and employers, why not at places like this?

by Anonymousreply 42September 9, 2021 11:00 PM

A VERY LARGE majority of Americans support mandates, including MANY Republicans. Americans across the board are rapidly losing patience with unvaccinated people.

There's an increasing perception, even among independents, that anti-vaccine people are prolonging the pandemic. This order will help Biden. Covid is a Democratic strong point.

by Anonymousreply 43September 9, 2021 11:05 PM

Thats bullshit to make anyone take ANYTHING

by Anonymousreply 44September 9, 2021 11:10 PM

[quote]Biden: Some of the biggest companies are already requiring this… even Fox News

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 9, 2021 11:10 PM

It's [BOLD]NOT[/bold] a political "liability" at all. The voters who resent a vaccination mandate are skewed heavily Republican. We need to [ITALIC]stop[/italic] moaning over "breakthroughs" - - which were a distinct possibility from Day One. Very few vaccinated people become seriously ill.

I could say something political, but I just won't.

by Anonymousreply 46September 9, 2021 11:12 PM

R44 Oh really, Boris? Do companies have dress codes? Do schools require vaccines? Do restaurants have dress codes? Yes I realize you said “take” but we all know where you want to steer the conversation.

So, they HAD to have the economy OPEN. So, no lockdowns. K. Oh look, we have a vaccine which will allow us to be open, with little restrictions, and the answer to that is, NO? K. The Right is 99% griftees lead by their small lizard brains.

by Anonymousreply 47September 9, 2021 11:15 PM

[quote] He should have included a vaccine mandate for airline flights.

His legal authority to enforce today’s orders regarding government jobs is dubious at best and will undoubtedly be challenged in court. I think he’s have even less standing to issue an order for people flying. Congress should be the ones to make these laws, but Congress is FUBAR and needs to be rebuilt from scratch.

by Anonymousreply 48September 9, 2021 11:20 PM

There's a flight mask mandate. R48. What's the difference, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 49September 9, 2021 11:36 PM

^ the FAA can make that ruling, just as they did when they banned smoking on planes.

by Anonymousreply 50September 9, 2021 11:37 PM

[quote] Do companies have dress codes? Do schools require vaccines? Do restaurants have dress codes?

Yes, R47, companies have dress codes. There is no federal mandate that everyone must a tie. It's up to the company to decide. There are laws against public nudity, so don't say "Why doesn't everyone go to work nude."

by Anonymousreply 51September 9, 2021 11:46 PM

R51 BUT MY FREEDUMMMMM!!!!!!!

STFU trolls. We’ve had it with you all being hoodwinked and sent into frenzies by billionaires and Russians propagandizing you. We’ve had sufficient of your bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 52September 10, 2021 12:28 AM

All you have to do is zoom out on this world map to see how the USA is the biggest fuckup when it comes to Covid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 10, 2021 12:39 AM

The sane and rational among us have been waiting for this. A clear ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Trump is out of the white house. Time for leadership.

by Anonymousreply 54September 10, 2021 12:56 AM

None of you celebrating this are truly liberal. None of you. And deep down, you know that.

by Anonymousreply 55September 10, 2021 1:28 AM

We’ve had vaccines for dozens of things. Just admit you’re a conservative troll, R55. Our national security is at risk with this virus. This is popular and about fucking time.

by Anonymousreply 56September 10, 2021 1:33 AM

I'm a registered Democrat, r56.

by Anonymousreply 57September 10, 2021 1:39 AM

R57 Are you new here using that line?

by Anonymousreply 58September 10, 2021 1:41 AM

R57 Search “Let’s be a Russian Troll Farm Trolls” thread. Just do it.

Also, being a “registered Democrat” doesn’t mean you voted for President Biden or any other Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 59September 10, 2021 1:43 AM

R56, (and all your other posts here) not everyone who disagrees with you is a troll. And the fact that that is your only counter-point is telling.

I'm vaccinated and pro-vaccine, I just don't think the government should require private companies to enforce a vaccine mandate. No other country has done this.

Yes, I'm all for an employer requiring vaccines. If a restaurant wants to require diners to show proof of vaccination, fine. But it's a whole other level for the government to REQUIRE every single employee at medium and large companies to do it.

by Anonymousreply 60September 10, 2021 1:45 AM

Why, r60?

by Anonymousreply 61September 10, 2021 1:47 AM

Ohio = We have about 7000 cases a day. Skyrocketing. Covid is here to stay. Columbus Ohio just mandated ALL indoor activities require masks and the GOP MAGA Crazies are already complaining about their right (to catch covid) and planning their protests for next week. This is not going away. Ever. Macys is having an open public Thanksgiving Parade. Broadway is open. People are stupid. It will spread. Just have to be one of the last survivors since people want to go see a snoopy balloon instead of be safe at home. .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 10, 2021 1:49 AM

R60 Quack like a troll…….

This is a national security issue. Our economy is at peril if we let COVID-19 get out of hand. This is highly appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 63September 10, 2021 1:51 AM

[quote] Just have to be one of the last survivors since people want to go see a snoopy balloon instead of be safe at home. .

Oh, FFs. Get ahold of yourself, r62.

by Anonymousreply 64September 10, 2021 1:54 AM

[quote] I just don't think the government should require private companies to enforce a vaccine mandate.

It’s a public health emergency. This hardly seems to be an onerous burden. The vaccines are free. Yes, there may have to be some sick-leave used to get the shot or recover from the side effects, but to some extent that would be the same with or without the mandate.

by Anonymousreply 65September 10, 2021 1:55 AM

It is not a national security issue. You really are a loon.

If the government wants a healthier population they should mandate that companies only employ non-obese people. Would you be in favor of that?

Being overweight is not contagious, but it would greatly improve everyone's health, so let's do it.

by Anonymousreply 66September 10, 2021 2:00 AM

I believe that even with these strict measures we're still going to get clobbered this winter. Everyone crammed together with each other indoors. Rugrats spreading it to more vulnerable adults.

by Anonymousreply 67September 10, 2021 2:02 AM

R66 You are so triggered you’ve spinning out of control. Caught another Boris!

by Anonymousreply 68September 10, 2021 2:06 AM

In case you missed it = Supreme Court ruled on Vaccines in 1905. LINK.......R64 = EFF YOU....If the virus is spreading an you take your brat to see Snoopy floating around NY--you deserve Covid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 10, 2021 2:08 AM

Israel has one of the highest vaccination rates in the world, yet deaths are currently on par with the US.

Just so you know.

by Anonymousreply 70September 10, 2021 2:14 AM

R70 What would be the alternative? Just so you know it would be even higher deaths.

by Anonymousreply 71September 10, 2021 2:37 AM

Next thing you know the govt will require kids to go to school and get vaccines to attend school. Oh wait

by Anonymousreply 72September 10, 2021 3:20 AM

The federal government does not require vaccines for schools:

CDC does not set vaccination requirements for schools or childcare centers.

Each state decides which vaccines are required for your child’s enrollment and attendance at a childcare facility or school in that state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 10, 2021 3:23 AM

R73 Is it not still the GOVERNMENT? You’re bad at this, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 74September 10, 2021 3:31 AM

r55, prior to this pandemic, I believed in the goodness of MOST people. I would consider myself a middle of the road progressive. The things I've seen during this past two years have hardened me to people and their complete and utter lack of compassion for others. Their willingness to die in a death cult for Trump is now a fascinating show of watching Darwin's theory play out. I find it totally entertaining and equally pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 75September 10, 2021 3:33 AM

Again, if your only response is to say BORIS or TROLL, you have a weak argument.

by Anonymousreply 76September 10, 2021 3:36 AM

[quote]If the government wants a healthier population they should mandate that companies only employ non-obese people.

That doesn't fix the obesity problem, you idiot. Obese people don't just suddenly disappear because you don't hire them. Jesus Christ. Your fat mother should have swallowed.

by Anonymousreply 77September 10, 2021 3:44 AM

R75 - prior to this pandemic, I believed in the goodness of MOST people. I would consider myself a middle of the road progressive. The things I've seen during this past two years have hardened me to people and their complete and utter lack of compassion for others. Their demands to expect other people to take an unproven vaccine that doesn't do anything special to stop spread is now a fascinating show of watching Darwin's theory play out. I find it totally entertaining and equally pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 78September 10, 2021 3:45 AM

[quote]A VERY LARGE majority of Americans support mandates, including MANY Republicans.

Link to vaccine mandate poll.

by Anonymousreply 79September 10, 2021 3:45 AM

R70 Yiu are a fucking Troll, Israel's death rate is almost at the bottom of the list, how stupid you are, it's all on the internet, fucking troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 10, 2021 3:55 AM

“ We’ve had sufficient of your bullshit.”

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 81September 10, 2021 3:57 AM

What took so long? Children are dying. The anti-vaxers can no longer false virtual signal being pro- lifers. They are child killers now. Pro-life my ass, as if we ever believed their hypocrisy. So a fetus is sacred but school children expendable? Why aren't the evangfakables advocating for these precious children- these precious lives? All they had to do is wear a mask and get a vaccine- we have been getting vaccines all of our life but they chose a fucking global pandemic to suddenly refuse to be vaccinated? No, that isn't what this is about. This is about being antisocial attention seeking cunts. This is about the fact that they welcome fascism and are complicit in the ongoing attack in our democracy. I hope everyone of you die all alone, choking on your own blood from covid. You are traitors to your country, no better than Steve Bannon or Roger Stone. You sicken me.

by Anonymousreply 82September 10, 2021 4:03 AM

R76 We will continue to call out Boris. It works every single time.

by Anonymousreply 83September 10, 2021 4:11 AM

Why do people who work at small companies, or those that don't have a job, not have to get vaccinated? Are they somehow less susceptible to COVID?

by Anonymousreply 84September 10, 2021 4:12 AM

R84 And for a free vaccine? Take it on a Friday. If you have effects you have Saturday to get better.

by Anonymousreply 85September 10, 2021 4:16 AM

[quote] We will continue to call out Boris. It works every single time.

What does it 'work' in doing? Shutting down a discussion on an internet message board? You don't want to have a discussion, so you just say BORIS.

by Anonymousreply 86September 10, 2021 4:19 AM

The ultimate irony here is that if Trump had taken this approach when the vaccine was first available he would probably still be the President of the United States.

That was then; this is now. THANK YOU President Biden for being the adult in the room. God bless you!!

by Anonymousreply 87September 10, 2021 4:20 AM

[quote]Based on what evidence? Anyone who'd be strongly against this voted for Trump last year anyway.

That is definitely not true.

And to be mandating this vaccine in [italic]any[/italic] capacity at this stage of its development is fucking insane. It hasn't even been out a year and with the risk of ADE or VAED from people who have had COVID or the vaccine, you're putting people who are reasonably hesitant to take this in a difficult position. For example, Pfizer still isn't even completely done with Phase III clinical trials and won't be making the results of the study public until 24 months after. They're still ongoing.

I am SO baffled how people like me who have (in the past) 100% agreed that outright refusing to get vaccinated for other illnesses is retarded, are now suddenly lumped in with those people because we have a legitimate concern for our own health and safety. I'd rather take precautions not to get the virus and wait until this vaccine has been out long enough and the results of all clinical trials made publicly available. I'm hesitant because I'm terrified of antibody dependent enhancement. That's the problem they kept running into all of these years while trying to develop a coronavirus vaccine. In the animal models, the vaccine cause worse illness as well as lung and liver tissue damage.

This is crazy. And the mentality of people literally wishing death on people like me who never said we'd never get it but wanted to wait a while because of the unique safety concerns with coronavirus vaccines is appalling. I have severe asthma. My mother has scar tissue on her lungs from a previous illness decades ago. If we get vaccinated and then are subjected to the virus and end up getting more severely ill, we could die. If we get COVID...we could die. Our best course of action FOR OURSELVES is to avoid getting sick at all and not taking anything that could potentially make us sicker.

Seriously, what the ever-loving fuck is going on with you people? Just step back and think for a minute. Calm down and think about what you're advocating here and understand that everyone's immune system and medical situation is not the fucking same! This issue should be discussed with both sides taken into consideration. Yet somehow, it has only produced extremists on both sides, and it's incredibly disconcerting.

I mean...again, Pfizer is STILL testing the effectiveness of their vaccine with an estimated completion date of July 30, 2023.

Do we still have efficacy (the most basic mechanism of a vaccine) clinical trials going on for MMR? Influenza? Polio? Varicella? No. There are trials, but usually for more specified pathologies and the vaccine efficacy in those groups. They're not still testing to see if they just work. They are, however, doing that with this vaccine. And already we're talking about mandates? Why couldn't they have just released it and let whoever wanted to take it take it and then, a few years down the road once it's been out, bring up mandates? Why are they rushing people? And why are so many of you ok with that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 10, 2021 4:33 AM

I actually think this is the calm before the storm. These numbers will continue to wobble back and forth until some doomsday variant comes along. Biden is not re-electable. He just isn't. He cannot even get fellow Democrats to vote with him (who the fuck does Manchin think he is?). The GOP already rigged the 2024 Election which means the only question is which Trump Loony Toon is moving into the White House (if not Trump himself). Our lives are going to be a living hell in the not so distant future when the GOP takes over for good after 2025. Storming the Capital was just their warm up act.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89September 10, 2021 4:33 AM

Hmm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 10, 2021 4:46 AM

But the hesitant are insane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91September 10, 2021 4:48 AM

They planted seeds of doubt about this last year and are now SHOCKED that people are hesitant. You people are unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 10, 2021 4:50 AM

More doubt fueling last year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93September 10, 2021 4:57 AM

R91 = Thank you for sharing your OUTDATED old video clip from May 2020. Newsflash = that was before the vaccine trials. Do you go to school board meetings and call the vaccinated magnets too?....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94September 10, 2021 4:57 AM

"Follow the science."

Yeah, I was. That's why I, and many others, are hesitant to take it so soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95September 10, 2021 4:57 AM

r91 My point is that they were fueling doubt last year, and then have the nerve to be shocked when people are still not comfortable taking it yet. Also, you comparing someone wanting to wait until a new medication has been out longer before feeling comfortable taking it to magnet stories is incredibly egregious and intellectually dishonest.

by Anonymousreply 96September 10, 2021 5:00 AM

R95 = Please tell your family to NOT beg for money on GoFundme after you kick the bucket from Covid---they are cracking down on the Anti Vaccinated Beggars... Thanks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97September 10, 2021 5:02 AM

r97 Tell anyone you know who is HIV positive because of living a risky and negligent lifestyle to get to the back of the line, as well.

Let's use your logic.

by Anonymousreply 98September 10, 2021 5:06 AM

good lord, IT'S NOT A MANDATE if employees have the option of getting tested once a week

Also, "Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905), was a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court upheld the authority of states to enforce compulsory vaccination laws. The Court's decision articulated the view that individual liberty is not absolute and is subject to the police power of the state."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99September 10, 2021 5:07 AM

Antivaxxers spread disease

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100September 10, 2021 5:07 AM

Because somehow, I've managed not to contract that shit by being responsible, so it's a completely avoidable illness. Anyone who caught it was obviously being foolish. Give their ICU bed to the child with leukemia. Again your logic.

by Anonymousreply 101September 10, 2021 5:08 AM

Antivaxxers spread (more) disease

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102September 10, 2021 5:09 AM

r100 For MMR, yes. People who refuse to vaccinate their kids for that shit bring it back.

The vaccinated are also spreading COVID, though. You cannot compare the two viruses. They don't even function the same, they're in a completely different family. That's not how this works, sweetie. That's not how any of this works.

by Anonymousreply 103September 10, 2021 5:10 AM

R88 =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104September 10, 2021 5:10 AM

R80 In the last 7 days, Israel has averaged around 50 deaths a day. The US around 1,500.

The US is 330 million people. Israel is around 9 million.

You figure it out (per capita).

by Anonymousreply 105September 10, 2021 5:11 AM

Anti vaxxers spread misinformation on-line, creating chaos and killing people including children

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106September 10, 2021 5:11 AM

[Quote] The ultimate irony here is that if Trump had taken this approach when the vaccine was first available he would probably still be the President of the United States.

You're kidding me, right? Seriously, what do think really would have happened if Trump did this after four years of the media, the Democrats, and even some Republicans declaring him to be an aspiring fascist dictator?

by Anonymousreply 107September 10, 2021 5:12 AM

Anti vaxx bullshit endangers Asian people

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108September 10, 2021 5:13 AM

To be clear, the following can happen in those who have had COVID and those vaccinated. It's a double-edged sword.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109September 10, 2021 5:14 AM

R107 =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 10, 2021 5:15 AM

[quote] the Court upheld the authority of states to enforce compulsory vaccination laws

Obviously you're not a lawyer, but there is a huge difference in constitutional law between what states can do and the federal government. That decision applied to states ability to enforce such laws. (The same applies to school vaccine laws)

by Anonymousreply 111September 10, 2021 5:16 AM

Hundreds of trash websites spread toxic misinformation by human garbage anti vaxxers

by Anonymousreply 112September 10, 2021 5:17 AM

LOL, youtube videos from no-name or people who have been arrested or fired. Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 113September 10, 2021 5:21 AM

Let’s revisit Presidential Powers in times of national emergencies/crises. Worked for DJT when he signed an executive order to keep (non-Arab) Muslims out of the US. Why shouldn’t it work now in the face of a REAL crisis?

Can’t have it both ways, Boris!

by Anonymousreply 114September 10, 2021 5:21 AM

Anti Vaxxers need to stop whining. You have a right to be FIRED for not being vaccinated. Quit Crying about being jobless. You have a right to be kicked out of a gym for not being vaccinated. Quit asking for the manager. You have a right to be thrown out of a restaurant. Quit complaining about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115September 10, 2021 5:22 AM

r115 I'm all for private businesses being given the option to enforce mandates for whatever they choose. No one is obligated to patronize a business or work at a specific located. I am not, however, for the federal government interfering in the private sector for many reasons, and this is certainly one of them.

by Anonymousreply 116September 10, 2021 5:24 AM

Maybe we'll get a link mis-titling a worker from Big Pharma again in this thread! What pretend job did they give that guy last time? CEO? So easy to fact check and disprove. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 117September 10, 2021 5:24 AM

*specific location

by Anonymousreply 118September 10, 2021 5:25 AM

[quote]LOL, youtube videos from no-name or people who have been arrested or fired. Sure, Jan.

r113 No ma'am.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119September 10, 2021 5:27 AM

r113 And Rick Bright is the immunologist and vaccine expert whistleblower who called out the Trump administration's botched virus response. And even he said we need to take our time on vaccine development.

But I guess his views no longer matter now that Biden is in office. Congrats on politicizing medicine and not actually having an honest discussion and approach to science and medicine like the absolute clown that you are.

by Anonymousreply 120September 10, 2021 5:31 AM

"Why couldn't they have just released it and let whoever wanted to take it take it and then, a few years down the road once it's been out, bring up mandates? Why are they rushing people? And why are so many of you ok with that?"

I'm ok with that because this is a fucking WORLD WIDE PANDEMIC. Over 4 MILLION people have died and the longer idiots like you keep putting off getting the vaccine, the more people will die.

These are not normal times. In normal times, yes, we would wait and see. We cannot afford to wait and neither can you. Each day you don't get vaccinated you are one step closer to getting Covid and possibly passing it to other before you end up drowning in your own lung fluid. This is one thing you can do for the greater good and it's likely the only thing in your life you will be asked to do for your fellow man. The rest of the time, you can go back to being a selfish dick.

by Anonymousreply 121September 10, 2021 5:33 AM

Oh sis, thanks for the doctor name! I'm reading all about him. Small sample size studies 50/35/70 participants, talk about the pope, etc. Very entertaining. You've definitely made me regret getting vaccinated!

by Anonymousreply 122September 10, 2021 5:37 AM

[quote] Let’s revisit Presidential Powers in times of national emergencies/crises. Worked for DJT when he signed an executive order to keep (non-Arab) Muslims out of the US. Why shouldn’t it work now in the face of a REAL crisis?

Not at all relevant. I disagreed with this policy as well, but it was an international issue. Is was not a domestic policy issue that deals solely with US citizens.

by Anonymousreply 123September 10, 2021 5:37 AM

[quote]I'm ok with that because this is a fucking WORLD WIDE PANDEMIC

Sweetie, the vaccinated are still spreading this and there is a possibility that the vaccines may cause more severe illness. Also, the more people that get vaccinated in a population, the more likely that a vaccine resistant strain will evolve when transmission isn't properly controlled.

They lifted restrictions on those vaccinated earlier this year, knowing full well that another variant was out and that the vaccines would likely not protect against it. They should not have done that. By allowing the vaccinated to move about without getting on top of the virus, they have made this worse. I'm not injecting myself with something that could possibly make me sicker, and you shouldn't be painting everyone with a broad brush considering that not everyone's immune system is exactly the same. That's insane and you are not thinking clearly at all.

by Anonymousreply 124September 10, 2021 5:39 AM

If we fire all TRUMPers who will change the tires on my car? Or empty our septic tanks. They do such important work!!

by Anonymousreply 125September 10, 2021 5:41 AM

And did you NOT just read that I have severe asthma and am FUCKED either way? I'm not taking something that could potentially make me get more severely ill if I happen to catch the virus on top of whatever the vaccine's long term effects may be.

You're the one being a dick thinking you know everyone's medical situation better than they fucking do. A gigantic, extremist, dick. That is your mentality right now.

by Anonymousreply 126September 10, 2021 5:42 AM

HAHAHAHA! The esteemed Dr. Mobeen Syed, linked at R119 is asked for "patrons" and "donatons" on his Facebook page! Another grifter! Oh, sis!

Do you watch Jim Bakker, too? Do you have apocalypse slop buckets in your pantry, R119?

by Anonymousreply 127September 10, 2021 5:43 AM

*is asking for

HAHAHAHA, sorry. Just...somuch esteem. So professional of him.

by Anonymousreply 128September 10, 2021 5:45 AM

r127 Oy vey. You people. I quit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129September 10, 2021 5:46 AM

Is that a "yes" on the slop buckets? OMG, sis, did you shell out for Jim Bakker's magic blanklet, too?

by Anonymousreply 130September 10, 2021 5:48 AM

Go on sorryantivaxxer and read about all those folks just like you who were hesitant to get the vaccine.

They're dead, Jim.

by Anonymousreply 131September 10, 2021 5:49 AM

r130 Nah, bruh. Refer to the video I posted in r129. That's what we all sound like right now. I quit. This is stupid, lol.

by Anonymousreply 132September 10, 2021 5:54 AM

I'm sorry about your asthma and your mom's health issues. Hope you both stay well, R132 /etc.

by Anonymousreply 133September 10, 2021 5:57 AM

r126, I have a friend with severe asthma and she got the vaccine. She's fine. Stop being a pussy.

by Anonymousreply 134September 10, 2021 6:00 AM

Very few people are dying from Covid anymore out cases are mild compared to last hear.

by Anonymousreply 135September 10, 2021 6:20 AM

R126 = Your asthma and genetic defects should not keep you from being vaccinated. But nice try, Trumper!!

by Anonymousreply 136September 10, 2021 6:25 AM

[quote]Sweetie, the vaccinated are still spreading this and there is a possibility that the vaccines may cause more severe illness.

Shut

Up

[quote][R130] Nah, bruh. Refer to the video I posted in [R129]. That's what we all sound like right now. I quit. This is stupid, lol.

Shut

Up

by Anonymousreply 137September 10, 2021 6:30 AM

That video at r129 is fucking hilarious. Everyone should watch it. Perfect.

by Anonymousreply 138September 10, 2021 6:57 AM

R124, you don't understand the science you are trying to explain. You are the definition of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing. Just stop. Not only are you stupid but you're going to convince other stupid people to be stupid with you.

[quote]If the government wants a healthier population they should mandate that companies only employ non-obese people. Would you be in favor of that?

[quote]Being overweight is not contagious, but it would greatly improve everyone's health, so let's do it.

The funniest thing about this is that you knew you were wrong in making the comparison and recognized why you were wrong so you tried to cover yourself by adding the second part but the "being contagious" part is all that matters with Covid, so you negated your own argument. You truly are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 139September 10, 2021 7:35 AM

R132, you said at r129 that you quit. So, please, quit already.

by Anonymousreply 140September 10, 2021 8:02 AM

Won’t quit because he’s not smart enough to know how stupid he is.

by Anonymousreply 141September 10, 2021 8:31 AM

ONCE AGAIN DL is not usually busy late at night (Daytime in Moscow and Macedonia) but this thread EXPLODES with anti-vaxx propaganda straight from Twitter and Facebook troll accounts. You are damn right we’re calling you Boris. Trolldar reveals you are a Boris.

Troll farms need to adjust their hours. Russia is full of drunks and whores.

by Anonymousreply 142September 10, 2021 10:39 AM

Even FOX News? Tell me it's not true Dee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143September 10, 2021 11:05 AM

Imbecile at r142, Russia, along with Saudi Arabia, is one of the only other countries in the world which has mandated vaccines for government workers as The U.S. has just done.

Why would government-paid Russian trolls, or any Russians, be posting on here against this policy? They'd be punished for doing that. As if there are any here to begin with, but let's just pretend there are: Why would they be posting against something that Vlad himself has done?

Every time i see the accusation of "BORIS!", I assume that the poster is suffering from Dunning-Kruger syndrome. Thanks for just proving me right.

by Anonymousreply 144September 10, 2021 5:58 PM

^^^^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145September 10, 2021 6:06 PM

[quote] Why couldn't they have just released it and let whoever wanted to take it take it and then, a few years down the road once it's been out, bring up mandates?

A few years down the road??

You clearly don’t understand how variants happen. “A few years down the road” the vaccines we have now may not work anymore. Meanwhile, millions more people will have died. We don’t have time for this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 146September 10, 2021 6:32 PM

From one of the tweets upthread, "President Biden just pulled the car over".

by Anonymousreply 147September 10, 2021 6:35 PM

Oh, and let me add, if we don’t get this under some semblance of control, “a few years down the road” everyone on the planet will have contracted COVID. Millions of people will be dead or quite possibly permanently disabled.

You are out of your goddamn mind.

by Anonymousreply 148September 10, 2021 6:36 PM

[quote] You are out of your goddamn mind.

Oh, the irony.

by Anonymousreply 149September 10, 2021 6:37 PM

[quote] there is a possibility that the vaccines may cause more severe illness

No, there isn’t. Turn off OANN.

by Anonymousreply 150September 10, 2021 6:38 PM

R149, you’re the election fraud troll from last year, aren’t you? I’m surprised you haven’t brought up Bill Gates, George Soros, or 5G. Try some horse de-wormer. Have several boxes.

by Anonymousreply 151September 10, 2021 6:40 PM

For r150:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152September 10, 2021 6:48 PM

[quote] We don’t have time for this bullshit.

Don’t nobody got time for that bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 153September 10, 2021 6:50 PM

Holy shit, r152.

by Anonymousreply 154September 10, 2021 7:22 PM

Pro tip: you have to tilt your head to the left at a 10 degree angle for the 5G reception to kick in.

by Anonymousreply 155September 10, 2021 7:30 PM

There's a study out of Israel showing that UNVACCINATED people have BETTER immunity. Sanjay Gupta mentioned it in an interview with Fauci, who of course couldn't answer his question.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156September 10, 2021 7:41 PM

That quote right there says that people who have had Covid are better protected than vaccinated people, not that unvaccinated people are better protected. Good lord.

It's getting to the point that whenever people start talking about Israel and Covid, I assume they're conspiracy freaks.

by Anonymousreply 157September 10, 2021 7:49 PM

R157, good lord yourself. The point is that Israelis who had an infection were more protected by their natural immunity against the Delta coronavirus variant than those who had the COVID-19 vaccine.

The one the President is mandating that everyone should get.

by Anonymousreply 158September 10, 2021 7:54 PM

R158 would prefer that the President mandate everyone get injected with the virus so they can enjoy superior immunity. Sucks for those that die or suffer long-term health consequences, but what ya gonna do?

by Anonymousreply 159September 10, 2021 8:05 PM

Would you prefer he mandates everyone get COVID so they’ll have the same amount of protection, instead of slightly less?

by Anonymousreply 160September 10, 2021 8:06 PM

Ooops. R159 beat me to it.

by Anonymousreply 161September 10, 2021 8:06 PM

[quote]Teenage boys are six times more likely to suffer from heart problems from the vaccine than be hospitalised from Covid-19, a major study has found

A pediatric cardiologist responds to that unverified, non-peer reviewed study:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162September 10, 2021 8:10 PM

"Breaking News: In an attempt to reduce conspiracy theories and distrust of the government, Biden has thrown out his promise to not mandate vaccines and is now ripping up the constitution and forcing an illegal mandate" Furthermore, "Biden believes this should clear up any mistrust in the CDC, FDA, and Federal government."

by Anonymousreply 163September 10, 2021 8:11 PM

America's sane population is well past coddling the paranoiac fools who believe Peter Navarro and Tucker Carlson above the FDA, R163.

by Anonymousreply 164September 10, 2021 8:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165September 10, 2021 9:06 PM

Anyone who equates a woman deciding to get an abortion with an individual deciding to forego a vaccination that could prevent them from infecting and potentially killing their fellow citizens, not to mention their own loved ones, is not a deep thinker.

But else would one expect from Tim Young, Washington Times columnist?

by Anonymousreply 166September 10, 2021 9:12 PM

SALTY, r166?

by Anonymousreply 167September 10, 2021 9:21 PM

R164 R165 R166 R167

by Anonymousreply 168September 10, 2021 9:53 PM

On one hand it is nice to see Biden TELLING people to get vaccinated instead of BEGGING them. But the Trump Maga Loonys are never going to get vaccinated. Thus Covid will never go away. Fun Story= 9000 cases in Ohio (in one day)---and Columbus is still hosting the Buckeye Football Opener Saturday = so Sports Covid will be all over town!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169September 11, 2021 3:15 AM

r144 Who the hell is Boris, anyway?

Sorry, I haven't been here long. So, a lot of the "DL lingo" gets lost on me. I assume he's a poster on here that posts a lot of far-right content?

by Anonymousreply 170September 11, 2021 3:31 AM

R170 = The term Boris is meaningless. If you do not agree with someone they call you a Boris. If you do not drool over slobby Buttigieg you are a Boris. If you do not worship everything Biden does and point out his many broken promises, You are a Boris. If you do not care who Ben Barnes is, you must be a Boris...If you think it is creepy that gay seniors drool over 15 year old characters on "Love, Victor" you are a Boris...And so on, and so forth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171September 11, 2021 3:51 AM

r171 Duly noted. Will continue to dismiss these accusations as I have been.

by Anonymousreply 172September 11, 2021 4:01 AM

R171 Boris, feigning ignorance, hasn’t been here long. No shit, Boris. Alexei assigned you to a medium trafficked gay website because you’re FABULOUS at what you do.

by Anonymousreply 173September 11, 2021 4:52 AM

Good. Maybe I can get a better job once all these deadweights quit.

by Anonymousreply 174September 11, 2021 5:40 AM

That was a nice country we had once.

by Anonymousreply 175September 11, 2021 5:41 AM

[quote]Anyone who equates a heterosexual pervert murdering a baby with an individual deciding to forego a vaccination that could prevent them from getting side effects, is a deep thinker.

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 176September 11, 2021 5:42 AM

Yo...wtf...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177September 11, 2021 5:55 AM

R173 is Ling-Ling the Chinese Troll trying to take the heat off CCP homophobia:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178September 11, 2021 5:56 AM

r162 The myocarditis warning is literally on the package insert for the Comirnaty vaccine, babes. That's how "negligible" that risk is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179September 11, 2021 5:58 AM

Hooray eugenics!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180September 11, 2021 6:00 AM

One out of how many million, R180?

by Anonymousreply 181September 11, 2021 6:15 AM

Stop trying to trivialize these deaths by playing a numbers game.

by Anonymousreply 182September 11, 2021 6:19 AM

One out of how many millions?

by Anonymousreply 183September 11, 2021 6:20 AM

Compare that one to how many people get struck by lightning. Or eaten by wild boars. Or die by falling down a set of stairs.

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 184September 11, 2021 6:21 AM

Found another one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185September 11, 2021 6:21 AM

Fauci is still scaremongering after all these years, I see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186September 11, 2021 6:23 AM

The anti-vax trolls are on the wrong message board. Russia is full of drunks and whores.

by Anonymousreply 187September 11, 2021 6:34 AM

You're welcome to not take a vaccine that you believe had a hand in the death of 24 people. But posting YouTube videos is not "evidence". You're a sad person if you think YouTube research or evidence. By posting stuff like that and claiming it as gotcha evidence you just look ridiculous.

Good luck with life, bud. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 188September 11, 2021 6:35 AM

Whereas China is full of mass-murdering genocidal maniacs like you, Ling-Ling sockpuppet at R187.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189September 11, 2021 6:36 AM

Nice logical fallacy you got there, R188.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190September 11, 2021 6:36 AM

The source matters. The QUALITY of your source matters. Anyone can make a YouTube video. Anyone can claim to be a doctor or have done a study on something.

Do you check your sources? Who do they work for? How do they get paid? Do they have a criminal background? What are their credentials? Are they directly related to the subject matter at hand? How many years have they studied the subject matter? Where did they study? Who did they study under? Work with? Work for? What awards have they won? Papers have they published? In what accredited journals are they published? Are they peer reviewed? What do the reviews say?

ALL of these things matter when it comes to sources.

by Anonymousreply 191September 11, 2021 6:44 AM

You are still trying to rationalize a logical fallacy in your feeble defense of totalitarianism, R191.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192September 11, 2021 6:46 AM

R189 We’ve already proved the Ling Ling accuser is Boris. Does Alexei not supervise you drunks?

by Anonymousreply 193September 11, 2021 6:50 AM

I know quite a few people like you. They don't check their sources, either. Enjoy being a "R3surch3r" from YouTube U, brother.

by Anonymousreply 194September 11, 2021 6:50 AM

R193 is about to get reported to Mr. Cheng.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195September 11, 2021 6:52 AM

r194 We post (heavily dumbed-down to layman's terms) YouTube videos because most of you couldn't understand the actual scientific journal material presented if it fucked you up the ass raw and respond better to big letters and bright colors like the shortbus cretins that you are. But if you insist...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196September 11, 2021 6:54 AM

Lick those boots a little harder, I think you've still got some saliva left over:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197September 11, 2021 6:56 AM

And 2)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198September 11, 2021 6:56 AM

Try rationalizing these deaths as fake news. I fucking dare you:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199September 11, 2021 6:57 AM

Wrong link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200September 11, 2021 6:57 AM

And 3)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201September 11, 2021 6:58 AM

Finally 4)

The concern shouldn't be side-effects. It should be poor vaccine efficacy and exacerbation of illness as has been the concern for decades with coronaviruses and any vaccine attempts.

Now off with you. You have a lot of homework to do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202September 11, 2021 7:00 AM

You're still engaged in the appeal to authority fallacy, not to mention your appalling historical ignorance over how many times to government has lied to us before. Remember the Tuskegee Experiments? The Swine Flu?

by Anonymousreply 203September 11, 2021 7:02 AM

Just be clear, I'm a different person than the other DLer posting more sources for your dumbass. Just so it's clear that it's not just one individual pointing out how silly you sound.

by Anonymousreply 204September 11, 2021 7:03 AM

They are all guilty of the same logical fallacy with the same end goal: eat consume obey conform.

by Anonymousreply 205September 11, 2021 7:04 AM

Within Australia, reports are for 10x as many deaths from adverse reactions related to the COVID-19 vaccines as compared to every other vaccine combined over the last 20 years.

My source is the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) of Australia. They have a Database of Adverse Event Notifications (DAEN) that's a lot like the FDA's VAERS, minus the voluntary aspect and thus integrated with the medical system. I wouldn't be surprised if the number is incorrectly blown up or down (just like the COVID-19 deaths), but it's still a useful source of information when speaking to those who trust the TGA.

Note: Each of these bolded headings are a link to the data-pull from DAEN. It's easily digestible, but I've summarised below each of them.

COVID-19 vaccines:

51,473 adverse reactions as a single suspect medicine.

484 deaths related to the vaccine.

AstraZeneca vaccine:

31,084 adverse reactions as a single suspect medicine.

287 deaths related to the vaccine.

Every non-COVID vaccine since 2001:

10,669 adverse reactions as a single suspect medicine.

48 deaths related to the vaccines.

Conclusions based on this information:

The consensus/narrative over here is that Pfizer/Moderna are a lot safer than AstraZeneca. AstraZeneca is also a lot easier to be injected with, since we require qualifications (e.g. at-risk or essential worker) for Pfizer/Moderna, so it is a significant majority of inoculations. Yet, it has a disproportinately lower rate of adverse reactions, or at least an equal rate per capita.

In Australia, the official statistic is 1,066 deaths from COVID-19. It's established those are just deaths of people with COVID-19, not due to it as a single cause. If these figures are all correct, the vaccines have contributed to the deaths of roughly half as many people as the virus itself in Australia.

According to DAEN, approximately 10 people die each day with a cause of death related to the vaccines. That's more than twice as much as the COVID-19 virus, at roughly 4 people each day. This clearly indicates that the vaccines overall are causing more harm than good, even if they were 100% effective at preventing COVID-19 related death (and they're not).

I tried sharing this information with a good friend and ex-colleague of mine in the medical technology industry - specifically employed in regulatory affairs. She has accepted the narrative that the vaccines are our only hope to reduce the harm caused by COVID-19. Unfortunately she's also accepted the "ivermectin is horse medicine" crap because "the FDA said so". Anyway, she's a person trusted by many because she's actually quite intelligent and generally insightful, and doesn't hesitate to share her information. If I can dissuade her from vaccine advocation, it should do some good. She's also generally been a reliable person to parse my information through, to see the best arguments from those who accept the narrative.

Anyway, I tried to explain how dangerous these vaccines really seem to be. Her final comment was basically that the deaths don't count because people die every day, and they're just noticing for those who took the experimental gene therapy because they're following up on the patient's state more than for other vaccines. So I ask all of you who are critical thinkers: How should a person reply to that sort of objection? It’s a bad argument against the statistics, but it’s still a difficult one to counter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206September 11, 2021 7:06 AM

The medical industrial complex has more blood on their hands than Charles Manson.

by Anonymousreply 207September 11, 2021 7:07 AM

Wow, the loons are out tonight.

From R200's link proving the evil vaccines don't work and are killing everyone...

[quote]There were a total of 3,907 hospitalizations and 750 deaths among those who had breakthrough infections, although not all of the hospitalizations may have been due primarily to Covid-19.

That's out of 190,000,000 vaccinated people for a grand percentage of .00002% hospitalized and .000004% dead.

That's all you need to know about the nonsense troll shitting all over this thread right now.

by Anonymousreply 208September 11, 2021 7:21 AM

You are trivializing the deaths of thousands of people. They died because they took those vaccines, and for you to flippantly brush them off with a numbers game makes you complicit.

by Anonymousreply 209September 11, 2021 7:23 AM

r206 Good deal. Not the data, but your providing it, of course. That said...

Riddle me this, Batman. How and why are we supposed to trust that the efficacy of the vaccines when during the clinical trials, trial participants were not directly exposed to the virus. They merely walked about and went on with daily life as normal. Keep in mind that last year, we were on lockdown. People were not moving about at the same rate and volume as they are today. So, the exposure, even though they specifically chose areas of "high transmission" to conduct these trials, was significantly less. That skews the results.

The PCR test has already been proven not to be an adequate tool for detecting active infection and infectiousness as they return positive results long after the virus has left its host. Rapid testing should've been used to detect the presence of the actual virus during the trials. They weren't. They used PCR. So, the test results were skewed and subsequently further skews the efficacy estimates (and that's exactly what they are; they compare rates of infection between the placebo and vaccine groups and get an estimate of efficacy from the difference of those two numbers).

Finally, they unblinded the placebo group as soon as the vaccines were launched in December. So, the placebo group had been compromised before the Phase III trial cut off date of March 13, 2021. That also greatly skewed their efficacy results. All of this is going on roughly 6 months of data with concerning limitations. They don't know for sure if the vaccines actually work. They don't know if they are causing worse illness in those who receive breakthrough infections. And they are still conducting Phase III clinical trials until July 30, 2023 after which it will be 24 months before they publicize their data (Pfizer).

The hesitation after taking all of this into consideration is not conspiracy. It's scientifically cautious and prudent.

by Anonymousreply 210September 11, 2021 7:23 AM

Branding skeptics as heretics is exactly what the Catholic Church did to Galileo.

by Anonymousreply 211September 11, 2021 7:25 AM

And mandating it is medical tyranny and best, and possible genocide at worst.

by Anonymousreply 212September 11, 2021 7:26 AM

R209, you are as dumb as shit. Truly. Go get the numbers of unvaccinated who are hospitalized and dead. I'll wait here...forever. Those numbers don't fit your insane agenda. Like I said, the loons are out tonight. Look at all these fucking insane posts. It's truly crazy that they are allowed to continue to spill this shit all over DL.

by Anonymousreply 213September 11, 2021 7:27 AM

[quote]The hesitation after taking all of this into consideration is not conspiracy.

Of course not. There are no such things as c*nsp*r*c**s. Even the word itself is oligarch propaganda used by bootlickers to keep the sheeple in line. There really are bad people in positions of power who want to hurt you.

by Anonymousreply 214September 11, 2021 7:27 AM

R213: You are even dumber than shit and you smell twice as disgusting. Read between the lines. We are being lied to.

by Anonymousreply 215September 11, 2021 7:28 AM

[quote] Go get the numbers of unvaccinated who are hospitalized and dead.

Then compare that number to the number of people who caught the virus and didn't die.

by Anonymousreply 216September 11, 2021 7:28 AM

Everybody who caught AIDS died before they came up with drugs for it. That is so far from the case here, it's not fucking funny.

by Anonymousreply 217September 11, 2021 7:29 AM

r213 Imagine actually calling peer-reviewed sources from nih.gov "insane posts" because the science involved hurts your fee-fees.

by Anonymousreply 218September 11, 2021 7:31 AM

This lunatic troll is actually funny because he doesn't realize how fucking tinhat he really is. Galileo now, is it?

by Anonymousreply 219September 11, 2021 7:31 AM

Peer-review is not foolproof. You obviously proved that, fool!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220September 11, 2021 7:33 AM

Those 2014 articles you keep posting, R218? You don't understand those articles, moron.

by Anonymousreply 221September 11, 2021 7:33 AM

r219 Ad hominem. Well, you got us there, doc. I am shooketh.

Refute the data presented with equally reputable sources and data or shut the hell up with your establishment regurgitated, neurodegenerative outbursts.

by Anonymousreply 222September 11, 2021 7:35 AM

Am I wrong? Did the Catholic Church not persecute Galileo for something now accepted as scientific fact?

by Anonymousreply 223September 11, 2021 7:36 AM

r221 Summarize them in plain English. Here we are now. Entertain us.

by Anonymousreply 224September 11, 2021 7:36 AM

R200 r220

by Anonymousreply 225September 11, 2021 8:24 AM

Best evidence that the vaccines don't kill everyone who takes them: over 5.5 BILLION doses have been administered across the planet. 41% of the people on the globe have received at least one dose. (The doses administered includes those vaccines that require two doses). So well over 3 billion people across the world have been vaccinated. What's that you say? You didn't read that 41% of the people on the planet have died in the past 9 months? That can't possibly be true because we have people who keep repeating over and over again in the threads above that this is the most dangerous vaccine ever and is a sure-fire killer. Kind of difficult to hide the deaths of 3 billion people, but I'm sure that the conspiracy theory minded will have a way of handling that little problem. (Their bodies are all being stored in the basements of pedophile pizza joints? )

by Anonymousreply 226September 11, 2021 9:37 AM

It is about time Biden takes charge of these Trump Cult Members walking around spreading the virus. But Biden screwed up with his "Covids over" 4th of July stupidity. I knew at the time it was a mistake. It was like when Clinton said he didn't sleep with "that woman". I knew the second I heard it that was a very stupid thing to say and Biden will never live it down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227September 11, 2021 10:17 AM

This position is WIDELY supported by 60-68 percent of Americans. It's just the unvaccinated and libertarians that hate it.

by Anonymousreply 228September 11, 2021 10:20 AM

Link from Politico. The mid-terms are going to be a disaster and the Democrats are already admitting it. There is no good news out of this Administration. Infrastructure? Yawn. The GOP got so many pork projects they were happy to vote yes. Meanwhile nothing is getting done. Zilch. Biden is going to have a ton of broken promises and nothing to show for his first 2 years. I voted for Biden. And I will vote for Biden again. But he is going to lose in 2024. The GOP and the Trump Cult have already rigged it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229September 11, 2021 10:20 AM

R227 funny how you pretend to be a Biden supporter yet you are transparently clearly not.

Biden didn't say "Covid's over" regarding July 4th. He encouraged cautious celebration. The numbers were going in the right direction at the time and cases were way down, and this was before the Delta variant appeared and upended everything again.

Honestly if you're going to concern troll, put a bit more effort into it.

by Anonymousreply 230September 11, 2021 10:22 AM

And more right wing propaganda in r229.

by Anonymousreply 231September 11, 2021 10:23 AM

R230 = STFU. I did vote for Biden. Go read the article. YOU are a TRUMP CULT MEMBER.

by Anonymousreply 232September 11, 2021 11:13 AM

R230 = BIDENs speech. Titled "Our Independence from this Virus"......doh!!......Biden did everything but hang up Bushes "Mission Accomplished" banner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233September 11, 2021 11:15 AM

[quote]The myocarditis warning is literally on the package insert for the Comirnaty vaccine

And a warning about severe stomach bleeding is on the package insert of every aspirin bottle, but I don't know anyone who has experienced it.

Even though far more people die from taking an aspirin every year than have died from having the covid vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 234September 11, 2021 11:50 AM

[quote]They don't know for sure if the vaccines actually work.

Meanwhile, in the real world:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235September 11, 2021 12:17 PM

[quote]Ashley Carter, PhD, biostatics professor, made a series of slides explaining how % vaccinated/unvaccinated translates to % of severe cases. Slide 6 shows that in a 95% vaccinated population, 66% of severe cases will be vaccinated, while the 5% unvaxxed comprise the other 34%.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236September 11, 2021 12:34 PM

R232/r233 your MAGA hat is showing.

by Anonymousreply 237September 11, 2021 3:09 PM

All these fucking russomagats.

My best friend has COPD, worked as a respiratory therapist most of his career and hates most of modern medicine. He never goes to the doctor or gets a flu shot, but he got this vaccine because he didn't want to end up like some of his patients when he was working. He knows.

I have a few autoimmune disorders and CVID. I got COVID twice, fortunately not badly (type O blood?), but still debilitating and frightening. I got the vaccine as soon as I could. I've had 3 doses now because I've had vaccine failure in the past. There's enough known about the vaccine and about COVID to know that I would prefer to be vaccinated.

The russomagats are engaging in a never-ending tantrum about vague rights at the expense of others. The russomagats are taking advantage of the U.S.'s deplorably low education levels and winner-take-all national character.

Other countries don't need mandates because their populations are more trusting of medical and government authorities, and the citizens aren't so damaged as to believe that the vaccine is a conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 238September 11, 2021 4:08 PM

Biden is a fucking narc with weed so this makes his stance hypocritical. This is unconstitutional no matter how many ameriKKKans support it.

And for Fauci to have still been employed by the US government after 1983 makes them complicit in every AIDS death since day one.

by Anonymousreply 239September 11, 2021 5:10 PM

R238 is Ling-Ling and you deliberately chose m*g*t because it rhymes with an anti-gay slur, you slanty-eyed homophobic racist imperialist warmonger!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240September 11, 2021 5:11 PM

Get the hell out of Africa

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241September 11, 2021 5:12 PM

[quote]Even though far more people die from taking an aspirin every year than have died from having the covid vaccine.

This is a laughably false equivalency and you should be embarrassed that you wrote it. Aspirin has been out far longer. Measure the amount of deaths from aspirin since its release to the approximate time frame that the vaccine has been out for a more accurate comparison of that rate. Also, provide actual death data to support your claim of the annual death numbers per capita where aspirin was listed as the direct cause.

Don't play these flawed math games with me. Come correct with (properly interpreted) data, numbers, and facts or go sit your ass down somewhere and be quiet.

by Anonymousreply 242September 11, 2021 5:55 PM

r239 r240 r241 r242

by Anonymousreply 243September 11, 2021 6:04 PM

R242, I'm not the person you are haranguing but did you miss the part about "every year"? You are a bad troll. No cookie today.

by Anonymousreply 244September 11, 2021 6:06 PM

R213, now get the numbers of covid deaths worldwide compared the population.

by Anonymousreply 245September 11, 2021 6:17 PM

...compared to the population...

by Anonymousreply 246September 11, 2021 6:18 PM

Thanks R197-202 for bringing some facts to the table. These 'the Sky is Falling' sheeple have been lied to and the clearly can't handle the truth(s).

And for those calling anyone who dissents a 'magahat' or whatever, I would not be surprised if this forced vaccination causes Trump, or another loon just like him to win in 2024. Not surprised at all.

by Anonymousreply 247September 11, 2021 6:25 PM

[quote]I'm not the person you are haranguing but did you miss the part about "every year"?

[quote][quote]Measure the amount of deaths from aspirin since its release [italic]to the approximate time frame that the vaccine has been out[/italic] for a more accurate comparison of that rate.

Hon...

by Anonymousreply 248September 11, 2021 6:59 PM

Oh boy, here we go with the false equivalency to things like HIV, or obesity 🙄 The spread of most other diseases (like HIV) are much easier to prevent. You don't get HIV from just breathing the same air. I worked with copious amounts of blood and never caught the many diseases out there because that's how hard it is to catch. You'd have to have open cuts, have unprotected sex, etc. Far from a virus where air droplets are the culprit.

I'm not even exactly for mandates, but enough with the bs that vaccines are more dangerous than covid. You're welcome to take personal risks, but not to spread misinformation. I'd sympathize about being nervous about a newer vaccine if they showed they gave a flying fuck at all. Instead, a majority are fighting everything: masks, testing, limiting outtings, clogging up hospitals, being hyperbolic about the vaccine risks, etc.

by Anonymousreply 249September 11, 2021 7:43 PM

HOLY SHIT once again the trolls storm DL at night when it’s daytime in Moscow/Macedonia.

Their talking points are laughable. Their “evidence” is so easily debunked, but you can tell it’s lies by how it goes to great lengths to appear alarming yet reasonable. When an ounce of logic is applied it crumbles to the ground.

If 100% of a country is vaccinated then 100% of the deaths/hospitalizations will be of the vaccinated. We don’t need to look at the UK, Australia or any other country. Here in the good ol USA, the vaccinated account for less than 5% (way less I’m being generous) of the COVID-19 related hospitalizations and deaths. That’s ALL the data you need.

Russia is a shithole country full of drunks and whores.

by Anonymousreply 250September 11, 2021 8:01 PM

Though I'm not completely on board with mandates, I do have a proposal, and it's something many societies, throughout cultures, have done to control illnesses. Legal consequences for their actions, along with ostracizing individuals that are high risk.

That should satisfy the people against the vaccine and help protect those around them. Test positive or knowingly hang around those that are positive, but still travel, go to work, etc.? Those that you spread it to can have you charged and/ or sued if they're harmed by your actions. There you go person comparing it to HIV -- have it your way. Become liable for causing someone to be ill or killing them.

Or like with typhoid, you can be banned from working certain jobs, where your risk of exposing others is too high. Or we go with practices before we had modern medicine. We boot you all to somewhere away from the rest of us, like they did with leprosy, the plague, etc. You can all live in a communal environment with each other, until you want to be civilized, or are tested for having antibodies strong enough to rebuff a covid infection, similar to the vaccine.

No more fucking around.

by Anonymousreply 251September 11, 2021 8:01 PM

R250 it's even better than that. 98-99% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated. Of those 1-2% hospitalized "breakthroughs", it's almost a 0% death rate. The ignorance of someone claiming the insanely low death rate from vaccine side effects should matter, but then dismisses the millions of deaths of the unvaccinated, is an astounding level of hypocrisy.

"Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine."

But you know, according to the person adamantly against the vaccine, there's "no proof" the vaccine even works 🙄 ...nevermind the millions of cases now proving otherwise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252September 11, 2021 8:17 PM

R240 is the Ling-Ling accuser, who is definitely a Boris or a Ling-Ling. If you block R240 and look at your Ignored list, you will see that this poster has contributed over 30 anti-vax posts to this thread, and only this thread, along with a bunch of posts insulting other posters and calling them Boris and/or Ling-Ling.

I'm R238, whom R240 has accused of being a Boris because I used the word 'magat.' These vile drunken whores from the failed state Russia/USSR/whatever are the true magats.

My posting history (extremely long going back years on this same account) shows that I wear a few hats. I share anecdotes, recipes, funny sex stories. And, I'm the Bump Bitch Explainer, the Boris Explainer, and the Poo Shoes Explainer.

I hope you all can appreciate that some occasional maintenance is in order so we all can enjoy this site more. When you see somebody making obviously magat-type statements, like anti-vax stuff, or Biden is bad stuff, FF then block them. Deny them an audience. If enough people do it their account will be vaporized.

Magats are another reason to be concerned about bump bitching. They bump threads in order to get enough karma to create OPs and to post on the site. Now they're bumping newer threads, but you can still sniff them out. Here's how:

Your thread will have boring stupid threads that will creep back into the main feed periodically, adding a few posts, then disappearing again. For instance, the thread "Flirting with a straight man." It keeps coming back even thought it's an obvious EST and boring to boot.

Another clue is that the new (bump) comments are usually throwaway comments adding nothing to the discussion. FF and block those bump bitches so magats can't fuck with Datalounge.

Other bump bitch clues are that they post new comments to a thread where the OP is red-tagged, or many of the links are dead. Nobody cares about those threads. Anybody posting in those is definitely a bump bitch magat. FF and block those trolls.

by Anonymousreply 253September 11, 2021 8:37 PM

r253 Sir. Not everyone you disagree with is a troll. I've only been on this site for a couple of months, now. So, I'm not too concerned, nor am particularly interested, in whatever drama has been going on here over the years. Half of the inside jokes/references go over my head. For example, I don't know what EST is.

People should be able to talk about this specific issue like adults. I have no idea why that is so difficult for so many of you to accomplish. At all.

by Anonymousreply 254September 11, 2021 9:36 PM

R254

by Anonymousreply 255September 11, 2021 9:40 PM

r255 Stop stalking me on here. It's weird. You're being weird.

by Anonymousreply 256September 11, 2021 9:44 PM

Do Ignore-dar on this MAGAt cunt at r254 & r256.

Total Trumper and anti-gay.

by Anonymousreply 257September 11, 2021 9:48 PM

R257 Yep. They are spreading misinformation and have an agenda. They are hyper focused and insistent we listen to these extreme views. Do trolls think this works here? It never does. I think that’s why they use us. They take our responses to their lies and sharpen their messages on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram……

by Anonymousreply 258September 11, 2021 10:10 PM

r257 and r258, the vitriol you're spouting doesn't make your position the correct one with regards to this issue. You're not going to convince anyone to listen (if you're even trying to do so) by coming off as authoritarian extremists with these constant emotional outbursts. You're just not. I've literally done nothing but referenced actual scientific data, interpret it, and sourced it for your convenience. That's not trolling. That's called having a discussion. No idea what your problem is.

by Anonymousreply 259September 11, 2021 10:18 PM

Rancid cunt bitch MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 260September 11, 2021 10:21 PM

r260. You are literally the same person from the conversion therapy thread. Why are you stalking and harassing me on here? Did one of the science articles I posted trigger your "anti-facts rage?"

by Anonymousreply 261September 11, 2021 10:34 PM

R202 says "They don't know for sure if the vaccines actually work."

Meanwhile, in the real world:

Vaccinated New Yorkers make up just 4% of COVID-19 infections so far this year, according to data provided by the New York State Department of Health. Unvaccinated people were 21 times as likely to be infected or hospitalized statewide. The trends offer another strong indication that the vaccines saved tens of thousands of people this year from severe disease.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262September 11, 2021 10:34 PM

The rancid cunt bitch at R254 et al who is anti-Biden is also the OP of the "Conversion Therapy" thread where she admits she's a woman who hates gay men.

We are FFing her OP post there to get her red-tagged and banned.

by Anonymousreply 263September 11, 2021 10:50 PM

Notice how the troll activity dramatically decreased during daytime here. It’s almost morning in Moscow.

by Anonymousreply 264September 11, 2021 11:00 PM

r263 That's a boldfaced lie and you know it. You must be mad because I'm female and you disagree with my views on this issue specifically. That conversion therapy thread quite literally calls out a "kink" that exploits gay hate as abusive. The hell are you even on about?

Is THIS what the asbestos eyeballs setting is like?? Are you asbestos? I think you might be the asbestos.

by Anonymousreply 265September 12, 2021 2:15 AM

Biden is a doorknob. We were told a vote for this weirdo would be "in our best interests" and "the lesser of the evils". Well, I'm failing to see the value as we swirl the toilet and the Taliban eliminates the gays in Afghanistan. This guy needs to go. I will never vote for another (D).

by Anonymousreply 266September 12, 2021 2:20 AM

Russia is awake again at R266. Right on time. Hilarious. Do you idiots not understand clocks and time zones?

by Anonymousreply 267September 12, 2021 2:24 AM

Yeah, no R267 I'm in the US. Sorry you are triggered or something that someone must not meet your tribal expectations. Douche.

by Anonymousreply 268September 12, 2021 2:26 AM

Welcome to 1930's Germany. sieg heil, Biden!!

by Anonymousreply 269September 12, 2021 2:27 AM

Ahahahaha the trolls are truly the worst trolls on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 270September 12, 2021 2:52 AM

[quote] I will never vote for another (D).

Yeah but...don't default to the other side either. They're all evil. Everything they do is to turn us on each other so we're easier to control. If the kids can't "play nice" then "obviously" we need the adults to step in and mediate the shitstorms they start.

Make no mistake. They're all in on this bs. Trump was a plant. Controlled opposition. They needed him in there because they needed a semi-believable scenario that would make Biden actually being elected POTUS and winning the popular vote look realistic. They needed someone like Trump to make Biden look like the better option by comparison. Think about that for a moment. That's how low they had to sink to make people "tolerate" Biden. Because...he's historically awful.

by Anonymousreply 271September 12, 2021 2:55 AM

I am so happy Mighty Joe told those babies to STFU.

by Anonymousreply 272September 12, 2021 2:57 AM

Very telling how so many conservatives were happy to give up so many liberties and change their way of life after 9/11, but they cannot do simple things during a worldwide health crisis that has killed over 650,000 in 18 months. What was the difference? Oh, they were happy to do the former because it was done by a republican president.

by Anonymousreply 273September 12, 2021 5:58 AM

Im.supposed to care about Righties and Librarians concerns about their health after they've spent how long telling me they give zero fucks about mine? About my elderly parents health? About my niece and nephews, who aren't of age to vaccinate? No. Absolutely not. I don't GAFF about their qualms, concerns, reasoning, videos, links or bullshit excuses.

Just like they showed us all they could care less about others health and only their own, I could care less about anything about them or their opinions.

by Anonymousreply 274September 12, 2021 6:32 AM

*Libertarians

Sorry, I do like Librarians usually ;-)

by Anonymousreply 275September 12, 2021 6:33 AM

R273, along that line of thought, I was just thinking lately, with all the focus on 9/11 again how, had a Democrat been president during either 9/11 or during the start of Covid, we could have been leaders in the world and maybe even changed the world. The good will that was wasted after 9/11 and the chance to become a beacon of hope to the world during the Covid crisis were both lost because of the inept losers who were president when those crises happened.

by Anonymousreply 276September 12, 2021 6:55 AM

9/11 wouldn’t have happened if Gore was president.

Hillary would have been badass leading us through COVID-19.

With that said,republicans would have never united around Gore and would have done everything in their power to make sure more died under Hillary. Conservatives have become a cancer on our society. All they want is power at all costs and use the dirtiest, nastiest tactics to get it.

by Anonymousreply 277September 12, 2021 7:00 AM

God, when are you guys going to wake up? Once again...

NEITHER SIDE CARES ABOUT US. Red. Blue. They don't care. This tribalism is ridiculous to me. The only "tribe" we should be linked to is each other. These people are not on our level. And a good chunk of them are, legit, manipulative psychopaths who make a career out of fucking with your mind. Can we stop this? -_-

by Anonymousreply 278September 12, 2021 8:35 AM

If you, R278, can look at the House of Representatives of the United States and declare that "both sides are the same" there's something really, really wrong with you. There's only one said of that chamber filled to the brim with psychopaths.

by Anonymousreply 279September 12, 2021 1:24 PM

Oh I do care about other people, R278. That is why I am pro-vaccination and pro-mask mandates in school. I also vote for the party that tries to implement policies to help instead of hinder or harm the majority of living, functional Americans. That's the Democrat party, by the way.

We have to have a government and there are two parties and will only be two parties for the foreseeable. If you hate both sides, way to go tough guy. Don't vote. No one GAF.

by Anonymousreply 280September 12, 2021 2:47 PM

R254 was typing all, 'I'm so new here and innocent and don't have any idea what's going on and why are you being so mean to each other?' Meanwhile if you check her troll-dar, you see about 30 (why is it always 30? have they figured something out?) posts by R254 in this thread, mostly anti-vax and conservative shit.

by Anonymousreply 281September 12, 2021 5:19 PM

R281, she also started the homophobic "Conversion Therapy" thread.

by Anonymousreply 282September 12, 2021 8:42 PM

[quote]Yeah, no R267 I'm in the US. Sorry you are triggered or something that someone must not meet your tribal expectations. Douche.

Bitch you're posting anti-vaxx disinformation so you're on *somebody's* payroll. Russia, Federalist Society, doesn't really matter at this point. Muriel needs to clean this shithole up.

by Anonymousreply 283September 12, 2021 11:24 PM

Once again, for the sheeple...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284September 13, 2021 7:04 AM

A new study from University of California found that teenage boys are more at risk from vaccines than covid; 6 times more likely to suffer from heart problems from the vaccine than be hospitalized from Covid...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285September 13, 2021 7:07 AM

Idiot, it's been posted many times already that issues with myocarditis in young male vaccine takers are transient and do not result in any permanent damage. But go ahead and keep posting it, because it sounds very scary. What seems to be lost in this discussion is that taking the vaccine is not to prevent deaths in young people, which is always going to be a small percentage, but to keep them from infecting middle aged and older people, for whom the virus is much more deadly, and to keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed with cases. We have required rubella vaccinations NOT because they prevent rubella in young people as a measure, but because they keep young people from transmitting the disease to women of child-bearing age who will have a very high likelihood of miscarrying or having children with birth defects if exposed. This should be regarded as a similar thing. Maybe the messaging is wrong if what people are hearing only that they need to take the vaccine to protect themselves. They need to take it to protect others who are more vulnerable. And don't respond with the bullshit that vaccinated people can transmit the virus to others. The statistics show that people who are fully vaccinated are infected with COVID at much lower rates than the unvaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 286September 13, 2021 7:15 AM

R285, please give me the number of young males who have been infected with covid but not hospitalized who have myocarditis from their infection. Oh, that's right, you can't because the only reason they are finding any myocarditis in the vaccinated young males is because they are scrutinizing them so closely.

Did you know that the incidence of myocarditis in vaccinated young males is actually lower than the percentage found in young males in general? Bet you didn't. If they tested a random group of 1000 young males, more of them would have myocarditis than a group specifically made up of 1000 vaccinated young males. Your risk of myocarditis from getting covid is 6-10x higher than from the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 287September 13, 2021 7:30 AM

1990 Fauci showing his "expertise" on AIDS = "I cannot tell you why but I do know we will have a cure soon".......2021 Fauci showing his "expertise" on Covid = "I cannot tell you why but I do know we will have a cure soon"...............Are we sure this guy knows anything?....And YES I am a Democrat. And tired of his endless attention whore behavior. If Fauci only got interviewed on NEW material we wouldn't have seen him since the summer of 2020. Name recognition does not make you an "expert"....

by Anonymousreply 288September 13, 2021 7:39 AM

Biden has the intelligence of the stool that is currently smoldering in his depends for men underpants. He's got dementia, man! Get a clue, fucktards.

by Anonymousreply 289September 13, 2021 8:27 AM

Morning in Russia already, is it R289?

by Anonymousreply 290September 13, 2021 8:35 AM

Fauci uttering meaningless doublespeak nonsense even years ago ---only then it was AIDS....."The dimensions keep changing. There are spectacular successes and challenges that still remain.".......Even years ago he was pushing life long medication dosages (LINK)......Where are Faucis "successes"?. He didn't cure AIDS (after 30 years!!)...He keeps repeating the same Jibber Jabber on Covid. What problem has Fauci fixed?...I see videos of him going back years, pushing medications for Big Pharma...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291September 13, 2021 8:52 AM

r281 Do explain how the hell calling out a Twitter account (that was linked in another DL thread discussing this very issue) that was fetishizing gay shame and erasure as toxic is...homophobic.

That's like saying that calling out a Twitter account for fetishizing racism (e.g. race play) and the Transatlantic slave trade as toxic is, in itself, racist.

Make it make sense.

by Anonymousreply 292September 13, 2021 9:33 AM

Biden is doing a wonderful job. I’m so proud of Mighty Joe!

by Anonymousreply 293September 13, 2021 10:49 AM

R286: "What seems to be lost in this discussion is that taking the vaccine is not to prevent deaths in young people, which is always going to be a small percentage, but to keep them from infecting middle aged and older people, for whom the virus is much more deadly, and to keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed with cases."

It's not being discussed because anyone over the age of five with a FUNCTIONING BRAIN knows that being vaccinated doesn't prevent one from getting Covid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294September 14, 2021 8:37 AM

It doesn't PREVENT infection, but it reduces the likelihood considerably. A person who has been vaccinated is MUCH MUCH MUCH less likely to be infected than someone who is unvaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 295September 15, 2021 8:18 AM

Go to the 98 second mark of this video. The girl crunches the numbers right in front of you. She shows the odds of getting a COVID infection after vaccination is very small.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296September 15, 2021 8:23 AM

^ sorry, go to the 56 second mark, not the 98 second mark.

by Anonymousreply 297September 15, 2021 8:24 AM

R296 = gets his medical advice from strangers on TikTok....

by Anonymousreply 298September 15, 2021 8:39 AM

Biden did the right thing. Keep those log cabins and trolls here pressed and triggered, Mighty Joe!

by Anonymousreply 299September 15, 2021 10:54 AM

re: R296: is it weird for me to get a raging boner watching a statistician yelling at anti-vaxxers?

by Anonymousreply 300September 15, 2021 9:11 PM

R299, Right. And that's why they'll win in 2022 and 2024.

by Anonymousreply 301September 16, 2021 12:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!