Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“The Matrix 4: Resurrections” Trailer is here!!!

Wow, this looks great! A lot of fun and looks like it used new technology like the original did and became groundbreaking.

Keanu looks incredible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96December 29, 2021 7:31 PM

Keanu looks old and this feels like a retread. Plus there's no Laurence. It's never going to top the original.

by Anonymousreply 1September 9, 2021 3:50 PM

Look forward to seeing it, mostly because I saw a lot of it being filmed in SF, and had several Keanu run-ins.

by Anonymousreply 2September 9, 2021 3:54 PM

Love the trailer. That White Rabbit version, wow. It really brings the drama.

by Anonymousreply 3September 9, 2021 4:23 PM

Meh. Not convinced they'll be able to pull this off. I just hope they don't ruin the originals.

by Anonymousreply 4September 9, 2021 4:29 PM

[quote]I just hope they don't ruin the originals.

Didn't the third movie kind of already do that?

by Anonymousreply 5September 9, 2021 4:55 PM

Yeah the third movie was terrible

by Anonymousreply 6September 9, 2021 5:36 PM

I was worried that this sequel wouldn’t have enough people jumping off of skyscrapers.

by Anonymousreply 7September 9, 2021 6:37 PM

I am surprisingly looking forward forward to this, which is saying something because I walked out of the last movie.

by Anonymousreply 8September 9, 2021 7:01 PM

Keanu needs an age-appropriate hairdo. And a wash and set.

by Anonymousreply 9September 9, 2021 7:22 PM

Carrie-Anne looks great.

I was surprised by how much warmth I felt for her and Keanu, as people, not as their characters.

It’s a shame that a lumbering straight transvestite directed this movie.

by Anonymousreply 10September 9, 2021 7:29 PM

I will always love Keanu

by Anonymousreply 11September 9, 2021 7:33 PM

Not sure why they felt that had to recast Laurence's role, but maybe at least Yayha will show his big black dick again?

by Anonymousreply 12September 9, 2021 9:00 PM

R12 Fishburne doesn’t know why either

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 9, 2021 9:03 PM

Why the fuck do all these 90s heart throbs (Brad, Johnny) want to look like they're homeless dudes with bad Clairol home dye kit jobs? Keanu would look much better with the a version of the shorter, slicked hairdo he had in the earlier films.

by Anonymousreply 14September 9, 2021 9:19 PM

The problem is that he moves like, and has the timing of, an old man. It was painfully obvious in the last Bill & Ted installment and you can really see it in that karate fight scene in the trailer despite the "careful" editing.

by Anonymousreply 15September 9, 2021 9:19 PM

R14 I agree.

by Anonymousreply 16September 9, 2021 10:52 PM

Cheap use of powerful song rather than powerful filmmaking.

Welcome to my world of ripping off others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 9, 2021 11:06 PM

Ah yes, the movie nobody asked for.

by Anonymousreply 18September 9, 2021 11:10 PM

Keanu should never try to grow a beard

by Anonymousreply 19September 9, 2021 11:12 PM

R19 well he is Asian. He should know better

by Anonymousreply 20September 9, 2021 11:15 PM

For a sequel that no one asked for, that follows a trilogy where only one film was good, and in which the heroes were both killed off... this trailer looks fucking spectacular.

I'm not sure if it'll be a good movie, but this is a masterclass in perfectly blending nostalgia, visuals, and music into a trailer.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

by Anonymousreply 21September 9, 2021 11:21 PM

Jeezs I'll pass

by Anonymousreply 22September 10, 2021 12:07 AM

Hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 23September 10, 2021 12:18 AM

I'm a cheap whore and easily amused. So I'll be lining up for this one. Although admittedly, Keanu is looking a little long in the tooth these days ... agree a short haircut would improve his look.

by Anonymousreply 24September 10, 2021 12:47 AM

Maybe I'm the odd man out but I love the long hair and beard on Keanu and think he looks great.

by Anonymousreply 25September 10, 2021 12:53 AM

Looks pretty, feels empty. They ruined my goodwill after two crap sequels but I'd still get with Keanu without or without that desert meth beard and hair.

by Anonymousreply 26September 10, 2021 1:07 AM

The Matrix is the greatest documentary EVAH!

by Anonymousreply 27September 10, 2021 1:12 AM

Is it going to be one of those sequels where the midget girl with the green hair is the central character but they cover it up in the trailers?

by Anonymousreply 28September 10, 2021 4:37 AM

There has never been a Matrix trailer which oversold one of the films.

by Anonymousreply 29September 10, 2021 4:51 AM

Keanu would look ten years younger with short hair and clean shave

by Anonymousreply 30September 10, 2021 5:07 AM

10 yrs ago I fell for that fb meme about Keanu being immortal and was actually that French actor in the 1910s. But Now, Yuck NO. That frown line, honey.

by Anonymousreply 31September 10, 2021 5:09 AM

Boo. There shouldn't have been any sequels to The Matrix.

by Anonymousreply 32September 10, 2021 5:09 AM

I remember being very confused by The Matrix Reloaded, especially the end, with The Architect. And The Matrix Revolutions just sucked; I almost walked out of that movie.

by Anonymousreply 33September 10, 2021 5:15 AM

It looks like the last Matrix was destroyed and a new one replaced it.

Just as the Architect predicted.

This could be very cool if they get it right.

by Anonymousreply 34September 10, 2021 5:21 AM

I'm gonna watch this. I loved the original trilogy.

by Anonymousreply 35September 10, 2021 7:16 AM

I pretend the other sequels don't exist, so I don't know how to feel about this.

by Anonymousreply 36September 10, 2021 7:48 AM

I’d rather they just make another John Wick.

by Anonymousreply 37September 10, 2021 8:16 AM

I was swept away by it until the very end when they soil it with Jonathan Groff.

by Anonymousreply 38September 10, 2021 8:19 AM

The first Matrix was one of the top three or four movie going experiences in my life - I generally hate action movies. The two sequels were, subsequently, two of the worst.

But damn, this trailer is just fantastic. I am curious to see it...maybe.

Keanu looks really, really good. Agree with others, wish he'd cut the hair. But still, we should all be so lucky to be that hot at his age.

by Anonymousreply 39September 10, 2021 9:00 AM

Is it good or bad that no one has mentioned Jonathan Groff?

by Anonymousreply 40September 10, 2021 1:05 PM

NPH and Groff are probably in one or two scenes max. Thank God

by Anonymousreply 41September 10, 2021 1:13 PM

I've never seen a single Matrix film. Should I bother?

by Anonymousreply 42September 10, 2021 1:14 PM

R42 if you wanna watch this then yes.

by Anonymousreply 43September 10, 2021 1:15 PM

R42 check out the first movie. It's the only good one.

by Anonymousreply 44September 10, 2021 1:17 PM

mental illness seems the theme

by Anonymousreply 45September 10, 2021 1:17 PM

No r44. If he wants to see this one he needs to watch all 3. This is a continuation of the trilogy, not a direct sequel to the first.

by Anonymousreply 46September 10, 2021 1:19 PM

R46 Reloaded and Revolution are shit. He can just wiki those.

by Anonymousreply 47September 10, 2021 1:22 PM

I liked Reloaded. I don’t get the hate.

Revolutions just fucked it all up.

by Anonymousreply 48September 10, 2021 1:24 PM

I'm 49 years old and "White Rabbit" is before my time--do moviegoers, ie, teenagers, give a shit about "White Rabbit"?

This looks like yet another super-convoluted "story" in which there are multiple plots within plots and double-crosses and triple-crosses and multiple endings and overall an exhausting waste of time. At least Keanu is still cashing those big checks.

But enjoy, taste-free fanboys! You gotta spend your money on something, right?

by Anonymousreply 49September 10, 2021 1:42 PM

[quote] Although admittedly, Keanu is looking a little long in the tooth these days ... agree a short haircut would improve his look.

I would guess that having short hair and being clean shaven would emphasize how much he’s aged, not make him look younger. The same reason women change their hairstyles as they get older.

by Anonymousreply 50September 10, 2021 2:05 PM

I'm sorry, as long as Keanu has that hair and beard he's just playing John Wick.

by Anonymousreply 51September 10, 2021 2:21 PM

Thanks R44. I will take your advice and watch the first one. I just never understood the hype when it first premiered, and it didn't look like my kettle of fish. And, pretty as Keanu is, I find his acting extremely bland, so I always held that against the films.

by Anonymousreply 52September 10, 2021 2:45 PM

Yes R5 let's not forget that the matrix sequels sucked because they were just way to make money for Lana's transition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 11, 2021 12:05 AM

[quote]I'm 49 years old and "White Rabbit" is before my time--do moviegoers, ie, teenagers, give a shit about "White Rabbit"?

I'm much younger than you and I still know the song "White Rabbit." That song has been played in every trippy, dippy, scene for every slightly off movie ever made.

I couldn't tell you anything else that group made but that song is a standard and defies time in a way.

If you ever smoked pot in your friend's basement in high school, someone always ended up playing that song on Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 54September 11, 2021 12:12 AM

The first and second films were both great. The third was a turd.

Fabulous trailer. I want to believe, I NEED to believe, this is going to be good.

Will see this with my college age nephew who bonded with me over these films. Can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 55September 11, 2021 12:47 AM

r13 A personality clash maybe?

by Anonymousreply 56September 11, 2021 12:50 AM

Idk but I think they wanted someone younger r56, and with reasons we will see in the movie.

This is a new rebuilt Matrix, no?

by Anonymousreply 57September 11, 2021 12:54 AM

Possibly r57 I am not sure. I still havent figured out the meaning of the original trilogy.But I guess that is part of its intrigue and design.Is it about capitalism and technology brainwashing us?

by Anonymousreply 58September 11, 2021 12:56 AM

My guess is, Neo got stuck in this Matrix and forgot who he was. Now they're trying to get him back and everything is slightly off. Smith is not the usual Smith. (Although the actor had scheduling conflicts.) Morpheus is not the usual Morpheus. We know why the Oracle changed actresses since the first passed, but they wrote the reason into the original trilogy. The Matrix sometimes does that. It can't even keep Neo's therapist straight since we see two actors play that character.

by Anonymousreply 59September 11, 2021 1:04 AM

Well technically Hugo Weaving was free for 3 months to film his scenes and they were about to agree on a deal and then out of nowhere Lana changed her mind and canceled negotiations and cast someone else.

Strange.

by Anonymousreply 60September 11, 2021 1:10 AM

Jada is back? That’s cool.

by Anonymousreply 61September 11, 2021 1:12 AM

Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis..... you know what?

by Anonymousreply 62September 11, 2021 1:27 AM

[quote] I'm much younger than you and I still know the song "White Rabbit." That song has been played in every trippy, dippy, scene for every slightly off movie ever made.

Hell even the Simpsons used it in an extended scene:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63September 11, 2021 1:33 AM

It was used on Supernatural, Big Little Lies, The Handmaid's Tale, American Dad, Futurama and even Stranger Things. There's plenty of more times as well. I know it was on The Vampire Diaries once.

Point is, "White Rabbit" isn't an obscure song that only people of a certain age would know. Even beyond movies, as R63 pointed out, if you watch TV it still is regularly used in places.

Here's Pink's live cover of it. I know it also appeared on one of her albums but only the overseas version.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 11, 2021 2:59 AM

“White Rabbit” isn’t obscure. And even if it was it would introduce younger people to it the way Logan introduced many young people to “Hurt”.

by Anonymousreply 65September 11, 2021 3:01 AM

[quote]the way Logan introduced many young people to “Hurt”.

I made it all the way through this thread without feeling old until this comment.

by Anonymousreply 66September 11, 2021 3:13 AM

Morpheus died in one of the post-movie video games, so that was canon, so he can't be alive in this movie.

Apparently though there's a "younger version" of him that was cast with a younger actor. Don't know how that works, but it is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 67September 12, 2021 2:44 AM

Speaking of lesbians r61, in the Enter The Matrix video game for PS2, Persephone Monica Bellucci wants a kiss from Niobe (JPS) to spare the life of her crew.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 12, 2021 3:47 AM

I loved that game r68

by Anonymousreply 69September 12, 2021 11:03 AM

[QUOTE] Morpheus died in one of the post-movie video games, so that was canon, so he can't be alive in this movie.

If Morpheus is dead, R67, then why is Laurence Fishburne questioning his absence from the movie? Wouldn’t they have told him that the character died and that’s the reason why he wasn’t asked to return?

by Anonymousreply 70September 12, 2021 6:59 PM

Me too! R69 You couldn't play as Neo or Trinity, only Niobe or Ghost.

But you could do the same things that Neo and Trinity did like running up against walls and those spinning kicks in bullet time.

I must have played this game through at least three times. The hacking system was pretty cool where you could place weapons in certain areas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 13, 2021 2:53 AM

R70 sounds like it isn't canon otherwise they would have put that shit in the 3rd movie.

by Anonymousreply 72September 13, 2021 10:22 AM

R72, they put a LOT of "canon" shit in things other than the three movies... they had a ton of "shorts" that were all canon, and the a couple of games that were canon. They were among the first to create a "larger universe" that went beyond just the movies, using other media to flesh out their stories.

The actress that played the oracle died, but they wrote an entire story line about what happened to her that caused the change in her appearance. They referenced it in the third movie, but it was played out in other media.

If you didn't play all the games and watch all the shorts, you didn't get the whole story.

by Anonymousreply 73September 13, 2021 3:04 PM

R73 and that's a terrible idea because movie fans aren't going to bother with the video games or any other forms of media.

by Anonymousreply 74September 13, 2021 3:13 PM

R74 uhhh, if they're young teenage boys they will.

by Anonymousreply 75September 15, 2021 2:11 AM

I liked when Wanda Sykes played the Oracle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 15, 2021 2:14 AM

The Matrix 4 is just a remake of The Matrix.

It's literally a remake masquerading as a sequel.

by Anonymousreply 77September 15, 2021 2:34 AM

I like what I've read in the leaks.

Its veeery meta but not bad.

by Anonymousreply 78September 15, 2021 2:41 AM

Keanu looks like Jaba the hut

by Anonymousreply 79September 15, 2021 3:16 AM

White Rabbit in Arabic from The American Hustle with Jenniifer Lawrence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 15, 2021 3:35 AM

Gotta give SJP props for being such a good sport by appearing in a tub of goo in this parody:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81September 15, 2021 11:55 AM

R75 teenage boys are not the only ones who watch these movies.

R76 I loved those parodies too. Back when the VMAS were fun.

by Anonymousreply 82September 15, 2021 1:02 PM

I stopped watching the VMA's a long time ago. Do they still do these kind of parodies? I feel like this was a time when people could laugh at themselves compared to today where everyone is more serious, dire, and up their own ass.

by Anonymousreply 83September 15, 2021 2:28 PM

r7 How very cynical of you!

by Anonymousreply 84September 18, 2021 4:43 PM

I can assure you teenage boys were not even the main audience of these movies

by Anonymousreply 85September 18, 2021 4:49 PM

DLers share startling insights such as Keanu is old and this is a retread.

by Anonymousreply 86September 18, 2021 4:52 PM

The appeal of Keanu is that he is his own lane - a IDGAF Zen Master with a fierce body who is still making bank and headlining two franchises while dating someone age appropriate and being an exceedingly nice guy and keeping a pretty low profile.

Full disclosure: I 'met' him once (Summer 2000, Big Chicks, Chicago, super briefly, with the Wachowski's through a mutual acquaintance) and my first thought is always how unassuming he was - not 'unrecognizable' but no star trip there at all. I really never found him that hot (ok, maybe 'Speed') and have mixed views on his work but i respect the fuck out of him and given the amount of hell he has has to go through in public, he is a master class of decency and grace.

by Anonymousreply 87September 18, 2021 6:45 PM

and yes, the trailer looks awesome.

plus it undoes 2 & 3!!!

by Anonymousreply 88September 18, 2021 6:46 PM

Does Lana Wachowski still have his knob or does he have a fake clunge?

by Anonymousreply 89September 18, 2021 8:11 PM

It has leaked to download, so that fucks up the box office.

by Anonymousreply 90December 22, 2021 4:21 PM

[quote] It has leaked to download, so that fucks up the box office.

It’s also on HBOMax, which is where I’m seeing it, so im sure expectations have been adjusted.

[quote] will take your advice and watch the first one. I just never understood the hype when it first premiered, and it didn't look like my kettle of fish

You’d know your taste better than I, but the first is a remarkable, trippy experience. I wouldn’t bother with either of the sequels.

[quote] White Rabbit" isn't an obscure song that only people of a certain age would know. Even beyond movies, as [R63] pointed out, if you watch TV it still is regularly used in places.

Yeah, its a weird assertion that no one else has heard of it, and even if they hadn’t? Its an EXTREMELY moody piece that evokes a certain atmosphere, even if you’d never heard it before.

by Anonymousreply 91December 22, 2021 6:04 PM

Okay, DL Film Critic Bitches, who's seen this thing? What say ye?

by Anonymousreply 92December 23, 2021 10:30 PM

The biggest thing I got from the movie was that gays are the villains.

by Anonymousreply 93December 24, 2021 4:51 AM

Wanda Sykes as The Oracle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94December 24, 2021 9:26 PM

The Original trilogy was perfect.

by Anonymousreply 95December 29, 2021 7:22 PM

No, the original movie was perfect.

The two sequels were garbage.

by Anonymousreply 96December 29, 2021 7:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!