Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Netflix The Guilty, starring La Belle Gyllenhaal

Patty Jenkins was right, these streaming movies do feel like fake movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2021 12:17 AM

I swear I saw this movie before..... Is this a remake?

by Anonymousreply 1September 7, 2021 2:49 PM

It’s an extremely derivative plot used, among others, in the Aughts thriller Cellular, which is more known for its gratuitous Chris Evans shirtless scene than any aspect of the plot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 7, 2021 3:22 PM

I liked this movie better the first time I saw it, when it was called The Call and starred Halle Berry

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2021 9:07 PM

R1 Yes. A Dutch film.

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2021 9:20 PM

It'd make a good radio play.

The movie is slightly less interesting than 'The Night Caller' (Robin Williams), though the book of that by Armistead Maupin was equally tortuous.

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2021 9:27 PM

Skip it please ! Save your time.

It starts out like Caller and Cellular , but the middle and ending are umm a very bad attempt at a "twist".

I wish DataLounge had spoiler screens otherwise I'd summarize it for you.

by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2021 12:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!