Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"NOS4A2" starring cutie-pie Zachary Quinto - Who saw it?

AMC produced two short seasons based on the horror novel by Joe Hill (son of Stephen King). The cast was anchored by Zachary Quinto as the baddie, and he wore a lot of prosthetics and costumes to portray his characters many changes in age and physical condition. And yes, in this scene, he's wearing prosthetic teeth.

I read the novel, and have the audiobook narrated by DL fave Kate Mulgrew, and I have to say the book was better. Quinto steals the show, but the girlie who plays the main character is also a solid performer. It's neat to see the main scenes from the novel turned into live-action sequences, but they simply changed too much of the story to make it fit better as a TV show. I hate it when they do that.

But one great thing they did with this series was keep it true to the book's structure and story. It ended where the novel ended, and unlike that stinker "Under the Dome," they didn't try to stretch the story out well past its natural ending point. They turned a long novel into two solid seasons, and called it a day.

Any of you seen it? Heard of it? Willing to watch it just for Quinto's eyebrows?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 21, 2021 8:27 PM

I didn't like the girlie.

by Anonymousreply 1September 5, 2021 12:38 AM

The show got some excellent reviews. And yes, Quinto is truly a cutie pie in this one.

by Anonymousreply 2September 5, 2021 1:53 AM

Why isn't Quinto a bigger icon on DL? Is he just not dramatic enough or enough of a garbage dick?

by Anonymousreply 3September 5, 2021 1:55 AM

R3 DLers hate him for getting their fav—Groff's ass. Well actually Quinto is used to get all the hype on here if you searched for the thread about him two or three years previously. The one about him and Miles breaking up has literally THREE full parts, 600 posts each.

by Anonymousreply 4September 5, 2021 2:05 AM

I’m what universe is Zachary Quinto “cute”?!? WTF?!?

by Anonymousreply 5September 5, 2021 2:15 AM

Exactly R5. Even Stevie Wonder knows Quinto doesn't even remotely fit the description of a 'cutie-pie'.

by Anonymousreply 6September 5, 2021 2:23 AM

Zachary Quinto looks like a young Richard Nixon.

by Anonymousreply 7September 5, 2021 2:24 AM

ok not a cutie pie but he's "HOT"

by Anonymousreply 8September 5, 2021 2:25 AM

Why was the show cancelled though?

by Anonymousreply 9September 5, 2021 2:32 AM

r9 it was done. There was no more story to tell.

by Anonymousreply 10September 5, 2021 2:40 AM

This doesn’t fit the definition of “cutie-pie"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 5, 2021 2:43 AM

I haven't seen him on social media lately. Where's he been?

by Anonymousreply 12September 5, 2021 8:46 AM

Saw it? Who even heard of it?

by Anonymousreply 13September 5, 2021 11:04 AM

The female lead, Ashleigh Cummings, played Essie Davis' sidekick in the Australian crime show Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries.

by Anonymousreply 14September 5, 2021 11:20 AM

I'm obsessed with his eye colors

by Anonymousreply 15September 5, 2021 11:26 AM

Amber, correct? Genetically blessed. But imagine having to shave that neck on the regular. Genetics give, then take away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 5, 2021 12:18 PM

R16 I think that's photoshopped. The real color is simply mere light brown. I'm not opposed to the hairy neck though. Gotta LOVE rough ticklish kisses!

by Anonymousreply 17September 5, 2021 1:03 PM

and the lips

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 5, 2021 1:09 PM

I've seen the amber in many pics. But not most pics. If the light gets in there, what is what you have. Have you ever kissed your lover while standing in the sea. That's a time when lots of light gets in the eye. You'd be surprised how pretty many eyes can be.

by Anonymousreply 19September 5, 2021 1:18 PM

His eyes mostly look dark but when light gets in correctly they are ambery warm brown with some sparks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 5, 2021 1:21 PM

He's a cutie pie if you can appreciate that Mediterranean look . I used to work with an Italian guy who had that Quintoesque look who was also definitely a pie of cute.

by Anonymousreply 21September 5, 2021 1:28 PM

What da bout this one????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 5, 2021 1:32 PM

Zoom in. Those are totally light brown at the most, even when exposed to bright light.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 5, 2021 1:39 PM

You feel sorry that he had a bad makeup job?

by Anonymousreply 24September 5, 2021 1:40 PM

He's hot circa 2009

by Anonymousreply 25September 5, 2021 3:39 PM

He has Huge Face Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 26September 5, 2021 4:03 PM

Quinto just finished filming a new movie with DL fav Lukas Gage. SOOOO excited!

by Anonymousreply 27September 5, 2021 4:36 PM

R27 Do they play gay lovers?

by Anonymousreply 28September 6, 2021 4:21 AM

cutie?? God no

by Anonymousreply 29September 7, 2021 4:18 AM

Thanks for the tip, OP. I'm watching it now. Its a hoot. Quinto's character and performance is horrifying and high camp. Well done.

by Anonymousreply 30September 9, 2021 2:54 PM

Vic's townie best friend - the boy - is a very sweet character.

by Anonymousreply 31September 9, 2021 6:23 PM

that's what they call cute now? damn.

by Anonymousreply 32September 20, 2021 9:11 PM

[Quote] Why isn't Quinto a bigger icon on DL? Is he just not dramatic enough or enough of a garbage dick?

DL hates him because he is too like the average DLer, e.g. the opinion he gave on PrEp.

by Anonymousreply 33September 20, 2021 9:19 PM

R33 What did he say?

by Anonymousreply 34September 20, 2021 9:24 PM

Well, he is certainly not homophobic, transphobic, and misogynistic, like DLers. That's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 35September 20, 2021 9:25 PM

nice show!

by Anonymousreply 36September 21, 2021 8:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!