Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dune Movie is Going to be the New Epic, says critics, who currently rate it 85% on Rotten Tomatoes

Critics and Audiences have been raving about it in Venice. Comparing it to Lords of the Rings and a cross between Game of Thrones and Star Wars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131October 6, 2021 3:26 PM

Are people going to the movies? Are smash hits even possible in covid times? What has the box office been like? Any big hits?

by Anonymousreply 1September 4, 2021 6:30 AM

R1 Think a few people are braving it. There's a reasonable box office. This film was made for IMAX so if people are willing, they'll go.

by Anonymousreply 2September 4, 2021 12:21 PM

Cant wait for this. Looks excellent. I do see a problem. Chiani is described as waif like, not a glamazon with a tumble of hair.

by Anonymousreply 3September 4, 2021 12:28 PM

Well at the least it's got to be better than the original.

by Anonymousreply 4September 4, 2021 12:30 PM

Read the book more than 30 years ago. I can’t wait to see this version (actually liked Lynch’s version). I just pray it’s good.

by Anonymousreply 5September 4, 2021 12:31 PM

R3 Zendaya seems perfectly cast to me. She looks adequately waif like in the trailer but she's also a warrior. I believe it.

by Anonymousreply 6September 4, 2021 12:43 PM

It's a steaming pile of shit and Timotay Calumet is the undigested corn.

by Anonymousreply 7September 4, 2021 1:55 PM

Baked Potato has spoken

by Anonymousreply 8September 4, 2021 2:10 PM

R7 so you've seen it? Or just a troll jealous that you're a fat turd?

by Anonymousreply 9September 4, 2021 2:30 PM

R9 Don't bother answering I already checked your posting history. You're an obsessed Chalamet anti.

by Anonymousreply 10September 4, 2021 2:36 PM

They're more mixed/lukewarm than I expected.

The division between those who had read the books and those who haven't is telling. If this is going to be a film that needs people to do homework before they see it, then that's going to kill any chance of a part two.

by Anonymousreply 11September 4, 2021 2:37 PM

Yes when a dog feels the flee he's got to scratch

by Anonymousreply 12September 4, 2021 2:38 PM

Did I say steaming pile? It's a puddle of diarrhea pooling under retard R9's hobbit feet.

by Anonymousreply 13September 4, 2021 2:39 PM

Timothee is soo handsome. The screen loves him 🤩

by Anonymousreply 14September 4, 2021 2:43 PM

I will not watch it on the big screen nor will I stream it on my phone. I am not helping this overrated, arrogant uggo become a real star.

by Anonymousreply 15September 4, 2021 2:50 PM

r15 He's not already a star?

by Anonymousreply 16September 4, 2021 5:54 PM

R15 I'm sure he will be devastated

by Anonymousreply 17September 4, 2021 7:30 PM

Evening Standard gave it a grand review, including Timmy and the rest of the cast.

I'm usually not drawn to his type, but I'm inexplicably attracted to Hiddleston (not my usual cup of T-rone), and Chalamet reminds me of Hiddles. Hiddles is less fey and somewhat more substantial (especially below decks, if rumour is to be believed), but is hardly what one would call blazing hetero.

They share some quality that appeals to me, but I don't know what it is. Similar facial type.

So, I'll see this. I'll have to wear a disguise as I anticipate being surrounded by twinks and sci fi nerds under 30.

(Who is that suspicious looking British eldergay with his coat over his lap? Usher!!)

by Anonymousreply 18September 4, 2021 7:34 PM

Hope it bombs like David Lynch's DUNE.

by Anonymousreply 19September 4, 2021 7:35 PM

I sort of want to see the original. I'm curious how Linda Hunt is in it. She's talented. Deserved a better career but for obvious reasons didn't get it.

by Anonymousreply 20September 5, 2021 12:54 AM

r19 Was the original Dune critically acclaimed?

by Anonymousreply 21September 5, 2021 4:22 AM

But there's no gay in it!

by Anonymousreply 22September 5, 2021 4:24 AM

r22 Are you sure?!

by Anonymousreply 23September 5, 2021 4:30 AM

no r21

It was a major disappointment. David Lynch was hot off The Elephant Man, the book was very popular, he assembled a great cast including Sting who was a huge star and it bombed big time.

by Anonymousreply 24September 5, 2021 5:54 AM

Lynch's version includes a giant hideous vagina during the space travel sequence. Barron Harkoen's cysts and spittle. It's nasty. There are great moments too, Sian Phllips as the chic Reverend Mother stands out.

by Anonymousreply 25September 5, 2021 11:12 AM

Denis Villeneuve is a visual master. I can't wait to see any film by him.

by Anonymousreply 26September 5, 2021 12:14 PM

Blade Runner 2049 was a brilliant film, I was totally mesmerised by it, but it bombed. I’m honestly not sure Dune will fare much better however good it is, particularly in the pandemic era.

by Anonymousreply 27September 5, 2021 12:20 PM

Because it's Villeneuve, I fear it'll be really dull.

by Anonymousreply 28September 5, 2021 1:38 PM

I'm still trying to figure out why these Dune people are smart enough to have space travel but can't synthesize a chemical.

by Anonymousreply 29September 5, 2021 2:15 PM

r24 I was considering checking it out on DVD but I am thinking now it might not be worth it!

by Anonymousreply 30September 5, 2021 2:15 PM

Why does an alien have a name like Paul?

by Anonymousreply 31September 5, 2021 2:23 PM

It's worth checking out. It's not a good movie but Lynch made interesting choices. There are significant problems with the casting choices in his version. Paul Atredies is a boy, not a strapping preppy killer. If you substitute "Spice" with "Oil" and "Fremen/Freemen?" with "Arab", it's easy to follow the plot in the novel, which is great and the film which is not great but interesting.

by Anonymousreply 32September 5, 2021 2:57 PM

OK cheers r32 🙂👍

by Anonymousreply 33September 5, 2021 3:25 PM

Even the Darfur Orphan thinks Timothee's legs are too skinny.

by Anonymousreply 34September 5, 2021 3:28 PM

Who will play Sting's Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen character?

Feyd was supposedly gay.

Sting looked like shit in DUNE and he wasn't much of an actor in this film. Here he is as Feyd, pre his TWO nose jobs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 5, 2021 6:55 PM

r35 I didn't realise Sting had a nose job !

by Anonymousreply 36September 5, 2021 11:37 PM

Feyd isn't gay, the Baron is. To punish his nephew for attempting to assassinate him, the Baron orders Feyd to kill all of his favorite concubines with his own hand.

by Anonymousreply 37September 6, 2021 12:37 AM

No.

Absolutely not.

by Anonymousreply 38September 6, 2021 12:40 AM

[quote][R35] I didn't realise Sting had a nose job !

Yes, Sir Stingo certainly had his nose fixed, twice. Pre-nose jobs, Sting looked like Malcolm McDowall.

Final result.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 6, 2021 3:20 AM

They need to stop doing day and date streaming.

by Anonymousreply 40September 6, 2021 4:28 AM

The first Dune was Kyle McLachlin's first ever film role. Not even a small one or a tv appearance. I wonder how Lynch got them to trust a total unknown as the lead in a film like that. (I mean I guess Star Wars had unknows but they had at least done small parts. Kyle had some good stage credits but even then, they were just regional theater not NY or London stuff.)

by Anonymousreply 41September 6, 2021 5:03 AM

r39 Thank you!

r41 Love Kyle!He was excellent in the 1990 1991 episodes of Twin Peaks as Agent Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 42September 6, 2021 5:08 AM

All I remember of the first Dune is the constant commercials featuring Sting in a metal bikini yelling "I will kill him."

This was a big deal for gay kids back then youngsters. You had no internet! You had to search out shirtless men and enjoy them when your parents were out of the room.

by Anonymousreply 43September 6, 2021 5:12 AM

r43 Metal Bikini!!

by Anonymousreply 44September 6, 2021 5:23 AM

I read this was predicted for 11 Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 45September 6, 2021 5:28 AM

R43 Even the director wrote off the 1984 version. This won't look anything like that version.

by Anonymousreply 46September 6, 2021 5:30 AM

These interviews are great. What a cast. But poor sick, sexy Jasom Momoa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 6, 2021 5:36 AM

Kubrick's lost film: "Full Metal Bikini"...!!!

by Anonymousreply 48September 6, 2021 10:17 AM

The description ensures that I will never watch this movie. Might as well have written "a cross between crap and worse crap."

by Anonymousreply 49September 6, 2021 10:34 AM

I will see it.

I already love the set design and the costumes.

by Anonymousreply 50September 6, 2021 11:07 AM

This smells like a megabomb.

by Anonymousreply 51September 6, 2021 2:18 PM

Picture, director, adapted Screenplay, Cinematography, editing, sound design, sound editing, costumes, special effects, original score, production design. 11 nominations. I'd be shocked if it is less. Maybe director falls because it's going to be a stacked year

by Anonymousreply 52September 6, 2021 2:34 PM

As long as the overall pace of of the film is substantially quicker than BR2049, and the plot isn't too muddled, or the casting isn't incompatible between major characters, I think the movie should, at the very least, have marginal success.

Villeneuve is an exceptional director with amazing conceptual, visual, and directional skills. I like his sophisticated style of filmmaking and have enjoyed watching most of his movies for those aforementioned reasons.

by Anonymousreply 53September 6, 2021 3:05 PM

[quote]Why does an alien have a name like Paul?

Because the people in the Dune novels can trace their origins back to Earth. The first novel was set tens of thousands of years in the future. Humans colonized other planets and Earth became an ancient memory.

Paul Atreides and his father's family claim descent from an ancient Greek mythological king, Atreus. Atreus' descendants were called the Atreidai or Atreidae.

by Anonymousreply 54September 7, 2021 2:59 AM

Josh Brolin, who played Thanos, said his BFF loved the film. This was a NY guy in his 40s. This will find an audience with Gen Z, Millennials, who will turn up for Zendaya and Timothee and older generations who loved the story.

by Anonymousreply 55September 7, 2021 6:08 AM

R53 One of the best things to come out of the reviews is that there is plenty of action and it will have the same sort of feel and impact as the Lord of the Rings or the Dark Knight. So I don't think it's slow like Blade Runner.

by Anonymousreply 56September 7, 2021 6:11 AM

Dune is getting all my money.

by Anonymousreply 57September 7, 2021 1:08 PM

Why so much hate against young Timothee? He seems like a nice and polite kid. Some bats on DL hate him with such passion as if fucked their mothers and killed their fathers or the other way round.

by Anonymousreply 58September 7, 2021 1:38 PM

“ Timothée Chalamet is Romeo AND Juliette in the same desirable body”

by Anonymousreply 59September 7, 2021 1:58 PM

[quote] Why so much hate against young Timothee? He seems like a nice and polite kid

The operative word here is "seems".

Much of the caustic vitriol stems from his carefully nurtured public persona resulting in an enormous, intensely fanatical fanbase, supposedly and deliberately engineered by himself and his PR team as leverage to acquire numerous roles in major HW films. There is a common perception on the DL that his highly charming and amiable nature belies a much darker and calculating side, to a degree that is far more devious that is seen in the typical young HW actor.

by Anonymousreply 60September 7, 2021 4:57 PM

R60 But how do you know that. Any real evidence or just a hunch.?

by Anonymousreply 61September 7, 2021 5:16 PM

R60 Armie just cause you have 15 different accounts and start threads about him whenever he gets any good press (by the way, loving your meltdown, it brings me joy) does not make your vitriol a concensus opinion.

by Anonymousreply 62September 7, 2021 5:27 PM

"Far more devious" lmao . You're insane.

by Anonymousreply 63September 7, 2021 5:28 PM

^^ Ha. The irony in your statement.

The homophobic, post-shaming cunt stan has arrived. You're an obnoxious gash.

by Anonymousreply 64September 7, 2021 5:32 PM

R64 You have vagina envy. Is it because your cock is so small, Armie?

by Anonymousreply 65September 7, 2021 5:42 PM

R65 He does, some women have bigger clitoris than his peepee.

by Anonymousreply 66September 7, 2021 5:44 PM

Just look at the way he behaved before CMBYN. And the glimpses you get of how he behaves when he doesn't realise he's on camera - like when hanging with his rapper buddies, or the Cabo photos. Or his arrogance at Cannes, either at the photocall or when he made his castmates stand around while he indulged himself and his ego with his fangirls. Or the way he used negging when he hooked up with a girl ('you're not as attractive as I thought you were'). Hell, read between the lines of his GQ interview.

by Anonymousreply 67September 7, 2021 6:24 PM

Oh, and as for DL specifically - the fact he's had no problem hanging around with and promoting homophobes like Kanye and Migos.

by Anonymousreply 68September 7, 2021 6:25 PM

R68 I though Kanye was the first gay friendly rapper.

by Anonymousreply 69September 7, 2021 6:30 PM

Are you still in high school, R65?

Honestly, what is an adult, vehemently homophobic straight woman doing on a gay forum assaulting gay men for their less than favorable commentary on your idol. You have some serious personality disorder issues.

I am on a gay forum, commenting on threads mostly started by gay men, bitching incessantly on things gay men endeavor to bitch about. I'm not ashamed of it. I have followed or follow many established and aspiring young male actors in today's Hollywood, and have been doing it for years, including your false idol. I'm not ashamed of that, either. You'll find an enormous amount of DL threads in this genre, some of them going back decades.

You mostly come to this website to post vile assaults, post-shame, and threaten any gay man who posts anything pro-Armie or anti-Timmy, and, I can only assume, because you believe (delusionally) that that is some larger calling of yours. Your postings on the Hammer scandal constitute at least a third of some of the threads. You also comment and try to sound like one of us but you are the antithesis of everything that this forum is.

You have no business being here. So, fuck you and the dildo you rode in on.

by Anonymousreply 70September 7, 2021 6:33 PM

R70 But I don't think that is some Timmy fangirl. People are trully disgusted by Armie when thay read about his sick mind. I, at first, thought, ok guy has his kinks, but when things came out from the girls who were his sex slaves i saw it's not some kink, the guy is so deranged it made me sick to my stomach. And, Timmy, he can be ambituous and calculated, but so far I haven't heard nothing serious against him. So I really don't understand all the hatred by some DLers.

by Anonymousreply 71September 7, 2021 6:45 PM

Funny how a friend, a girl, had good intuition about Armie. And she doesn't like Timmy either, but not that she hates him, he is just a little bratt to her. But when we watched Cmbyn, long beforenthe scandal, she couldn't stand Armie. That guy is so obnoxious, she said. I was surprised, cos usually he would be her type, she likes tall blonde athletic American guy .Female intuition.

by Anonymousreply 72September 7, 2021 6:54 PM

R71 She is definitively the stereotypical obsessive (and unbalanced) fangirl. She also harbors an extreme hatred of Armie. That, is easily understandable, as his sexual proclivities are obviously very debauched and depraved, at least from any conventional viewpoint.

Speaking for myself, just because I may post, on occasion, some very negative comments on Teem O'Tay does not mean I hate the guy. I can't be bothered to continuously muster that kind of pessimistic energy.

by Anonymousreply 73September 7, 2021 7:04 PM

R73 Nothing conventional in considering torture and rape depraved.

by Anonymousreply 74September 7, 2021 7:17 PM

R67: He literally said in the GQ interview that he deserved an Oscar nomination for Beautiful Boy and that the snub was egregious. Oh and remember when he cried after his part in Interstellar got significantly cut.

by Anonymousreply 75September 7, 2021 7:32 PM

R75 He cried because he was a baby then. He surely is ambitious, but isn't that considered to be desirable in American culture.

by Anonymousreply 76September 7, 2021 7:35 PM

And remember when he was auditioning for Bates Motel and watched American Psycho as prep, because he'd never heard of Psycho? This is the 'intellectual artiste' these fangirls worship.

R76 The fact he's still whining about things like not being nominated for Beautiful Boy shows that entitled petulance is still there.

by Anonymousreply 77September 7, 2021 7:58 PM

Can we PLEASE get back to discussion about Dune. Fuck TIMMYYY and I don’t mean that in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 78September 7, 2021 10:44 PM

R75 what GQ article did he say that? Can you post his quote or the link?

The Timothée hate on this forum is a poster who is obsessed with trying to ruin Timothée's career and thinks bad mouthing them on the Internet will achieve that. Unfortunately in real life Timothée exudes humility and passion for his work and kindness. So they've never succeeded.

Jealousy is a hell of a drug.

As for Dune. I am very excited. The film and Timothée and the cast have received great reviews. It's said to be the new big film that we haven't seen since Lord of The Rings and the Dark Knight.

by Anonymousreply 79September 8, 2021 5:07 AM

R77 You sound hurt and bitter. Did he reject your advances? Why did you catalog all his failures and watch his career so closely? Are you an ex fan? Maybe it's time for you to move on. We don't care. We just want to enjoy Dune and he seems like a sweet and humble guy.

by Anonymousreply 80September 8, 2021 5:11 AM

[quote] There is a common perception on the DL that his highly charming and amiable nature belies a much darker and calculating side, to a degree that is far more devious that is seen in the typical young HW actor.

Which means his success up ‘til now is no accident, and neither is his future success. I assume most celebrities aren’t what most of us would consider ‘nice.’ I once wanted a writing career, but ultimately, I lacked the drive and ambition. Everyone who’s successful in film, music, what, has that in spades. Few get tot get too by accident, and NO ONE stays there by chance, even people like Mariah Carey, who seem dim.

[quote] the fact he's had no problem hanging around with and promoting homophobes like Kanye and Migos.

There are many things you can say about Kanye, and most will be true, but not this. He spoke out against homophobia in hip-hop LONG ago, like near the start of his career, when there was absolutely no advantage to doing so.

by Anonymousreply 81September 8, 2021 6:02 AM

R77 check this out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82September 8, 2021 6:08 AM

R80 Except the fact you keep responding shows you do care. It infuriates you that people post stuff about your precious little Timmy that doesn't match what you think. And there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. You can't even deny any of it, instead you have to resort to ad hominem attacks on posters.

R81 And what's he been doing recently? Oh right, hanging around with anti-gay pastors and promoting their message and backing Trump. And yes, that was before Timmy hung out with him and praised him. And what about Migos?

by Anonymousreply 83September 8, 2021 2:26 PM

R83 You wish I cared what you posted. I think you're bitter and angry. It makes me laugh to expose you. Because the fact you're so powerless you just throw tantrums on DL, amuses me. I'm not as much of a fan of his as you expect. ;)

by Anonymousreply 84September 8, 2021 3:17 PM

[quote] If this is going to be a film that needs people to do homework before they see it, then that's going to kill any chance of a part two.

Probably right, as your average moviegoer is a drooling moron who needs to have everything patiently explained like to a three-year-old.

I watched a movie recently, “We Need to Do Something,” and was interested in the lead actor so googled the movie name. Google auto filled it with “ending explained,” when there was in fact nothing in the least bit unclear about the end of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 85September 8, 2021 3:25 PM

Star Wars went precipitously downhill after the first one. But Dune has much more going for it than LOTR, content wise. The books are amazing. The Tolkien ones are ok.

by Anonymousreply 86September 8, 2021 3:45 PM

R84 Except you are a fan of his, your post history proves it. You're just trying to pretend not to be because you know everyone hates fangirls like you. You're as bad at acting like a regular posting as you are at pretending to be a gay man. And the only one throwing tantrums are you and the other fangirls, pissy because of some mild bitchery aimed at your beloved. The fact you think the low-level stuff said about him counts as hatred really just exposes how much on a fangirl you are.

by Anonymousreply 87September 8, 2021 3:48 PM

R87 I am another person, but I noticed too, that this is not some mild but heavy bitchery. You really gotta hate someone to write things like that about him.

by Anonymousreply 88September 8, 2021 3:52 PM

If you count anything said so far as heavy bitchery (like what?) then you don't belong on DL.

by Anonymousreply 89September 8, 2021 3:55 PM

R81 Yes, that's true, sustained success in HW isn't attained by being nice. There's nothing wrong with being calculating, ingratiating oneself to the powers that be, or pandering to your fanbase, because that's all part of the game.

However, it does come off as pretentious and insincere when Mr. O'Tay, who has repeatedly claimed aspirations to a much more noble cause in the past, that of being for the sake of the art itself above all else, when his actions clearly indicate otherwise. He's as thirsty for fame as almost everyone else with youthful aspirations seeking the top of the industry pyramid.

People like R65, R80/R84 are insufferable and unhinged, and they fuel the contempt even more. Their personal attacks and post-shaming are glaringly childish, and serve only to reveal them for the lost waifs that they actually are.

by Anonymousreply 90September 8, 2021 4:18 PM

R90 Timothee was such a young boy when he started his career, of course he was a bit pretentious artiste, normally, he was just a child.

Take an effort to remember yourself at that age and be more mature.

by Anonymousreply 91September 8, 2021 4:27 PM

R91, Read the last paragraph of R90 again. It applies to you, too.

by Anonymousreply 92September 8, 2021 4:37 PM

R92 Why so harsh on an innocent remark?

by Anonymousreply 93September 8, 2021 4:40 PM

Member when this was a thread about the new movie Dune?

by Anonymousreply 94September 8, 2021 5:00 PM

What is there to say about a movie that isn't released until the end of next month?

by Anonymousreply 95September 8, 2021 5:02 PM

R93 Shh. It's 2 seconds from spamming the thread with scat. Don't you recognize our infamous scat troll who used to go berserk when you laughed at Armie Hammer the cannibal?

by Anonymousreply 96September 8, 2021 6:18 PM

R94 It still is. I like this interview. The film is being compared to The Dark Knight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97September 8, 2021 6:21 PM

[quote] I'm still trying to figure out why these Dune people are smart enough to have space travel but can't synthesize a chemical

R29 We have rovers exploring the surface of Mars, and sub-atomic particle accelerators to help us decipher the mysteries of the universe, but we still can't cultivate truffles or cure the common cold, so there's that. In any science fiction context, there will be contradictions and Dune is no exception.

I think it will be an entertaining movie, but some Herbert purists and the nuance obsessed will probably find fault with the film.

by Anonymousreply 98September 8, 2021 8:02 PM

R98 one review I read said it was perfect blend of sticking to the book and creative for the General public so both will like it.

by Anonymousreply 99September 9, 2021 4:39 PM

Here's a good Villeneuve interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100September 9, 2021 4:41 PM

[quote] Star Wars went precipitously downhill after the first one.

Actually, The Empire Strikes Back is widely considered the best out the original trilogy and superior to the first film.

by Anonymousreply 101September 9, 2021 4:47 PM

R67 All Hollywood celebrities and actors are like that. They are all faking it. None of them are as nice as they appear, not even Tom Hanks.

That he might be an asshole in real life is not news. That he's overly ambitious and calculating is not news either. That's why he's successful and others are not. I like this actor, but he's just an actor. What he's like as a person is not that important in the larger scheme of things. If and when he commits a serious crime, then it matters, but until now I have yet to hear anything that makes him cancellable.

by Anonymousreply 102September 9, 2021 7:57 PM

I don't mind that he's calculating and ambitious. You have to have that in order to be an actor. I'm just sick of the Hollywood PR machine continuously saying he's perfect and can do no wrong. There's a ton of evidence that he's an asshole: ignoring the press aide and being a photo hog, making his fellow castmates wait while he signs for the fans to feed his own ego, standing on top of the boat in Venice like he's some sort of deity, etc.

by Anonymousreply 103September 9, 2021 8:59 PM

R103 My god, I am terrified that such a criminal can get away with it, someone should stop him right now. Ok, it is known that a lot of celebrities have abused 14,15 yo teen groupies for their orgies, others sexually abused prepubescent kids, some launching heavy stuff in their staff, abusing women, beating wives, raping, having gangster body guards beating people, but these are all minor demeanor comparing to this Cancel him.

by Anonymousreply 104September 9, 2021 9:08 PM

We now have further proof that most DL threads lose any potential steam at about the 100 reply mark.

by Anonymousreply 105September 9, 2021 9:11 PM

100 ! Usually after 12 replies

by Anonymousreply 106September 9, 2021 9:22 PM

R106 these threads are frequented by a handful of diehards. One person is compelled to hate Timothee Chalamet so they just keep posting.

by Anonymousreply 107September 10, 2021 1:53 PM

Cudi supporting Dune, but where are they? Some event or what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108September 11, 2021 1:59 AM

I am not surprised by Timothee's "stardom"; you have to be an ambitious asshole to survive in the Hollywood world. And he has had a very fast career for his 25 years.

by Anonymousreply 109September 11, 2021 10:37 AM

Best movie of the decade. Where's Part 2?

by Anonymousreply 110September 11, 2021 1:36 PM

R110 I'm happy to hear it. I've only heard amazing things about it. But that's not a shock given the cast, the book and the director.

by Anonymousreply 111September 11, 2021 1:51 PM

This footage looks siiick!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112September 11, 2021 1:55 PM

Has anyone seen this yet in IMAX?

by Anonymousreply 113September 11, 2021 2:00 PM

The cinematography and sound is incredible in IMAX.

by Anonymousreply 114September 11, 2021 6:27 PM

Shown in IMAX in Toronto yesterday. To raves. Saying it's better than Star Wars and LOTR.

by Anonymousreply 115September 12, 2021 11:14 AM

Now 86% on RT.

by Anonymousreply 116September 12, 2021 11:15 AM

R115 Dune was the source material George Lucas stole for Star wars so, no shock there.

by Anonymousreply 117September 12, 2021 11:16 AM

The reviews are great. Looking forward to seeing this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118September 12, 2021 11:28 AM

I haven't read the Dune books, but am a big fan of science fiction (except for Star Wars).

I want to see it in a theater, not streaming, but in light of the pandemic I'd only go to a such a venue if the movie is at the end of it's cinematic run and when audiences are at their smallest.

by Anonymousreply 119September 12, 2021 2:18 PM

Up to 88% on RT. It's a hit with critics!

by Anonymousreply 120September 13, 2021 3:24 PM

89% now. People are seeing it multiple times. The visuals are enormous. So good on IMAX.

by Anonymousreply 121September 18, 2021 4:34 PM

The Worldwide market is salivating over Dune.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122September 18, 2021 4:52 PM

Dune would have won the top prize at TIFF if it was eligible. Denis Villeneuve still managed to be honored though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123September 19, 2021 1:24 AM

r55 I will happily turn up for Timothee and I would be grateful if he would return the favour!

by Anonymousreply 124September 19, 2021 1:33 AM

r121 Well thats excellent percentage and very encouraging and enticing!

by Anonymousreply 125September 19, 2021 1:46 AM

good god! this has turned into a timothée hate thread!

i, personally, like the kid; i think he’s good at his job and i enjoy watching his performances. is he ambitious and calculating? fuck, yeah! in his profession at that level, though, one has to be, or be destroyed by the hollywood machine. 🤷🏻‍♂️

that said, i read the dune trilogy when i was 13, right before the david lynch film came out. i was absolutely enthralled by the story, but the film left a lot to be desired.

i’m very enthusiastic about the new film(s), though! i think denis villeneuve can do it right (he’s a huge fan of the books), and film technology is advanced enough now that it won’t be cheesy.

despite the pandemic, my 81-year-old dad and i (fully-vaxxed and masked, in a canadian city that’s 80+% fully vaxxed and masked) will be seeing dune in the theatre (hopefully in imax, if it’s open then). it’ll be a wonderful, bonding experience for us, i’m sure. it’ll be our first time being in an enclosed space with strangers in nearly two years, but dune is worth it. i’m super-excited about it!

by Anonymousreply 126September 21, 2021 7:58 AM

Who would be the kid?

by Anonymousreply 127September 21, 2021 12:03 PM

r126 Not all of us hate Timothee . Some of us would like to kiss his ass slowly before exploring his whole excited pulsating body!

by Anonymousreply 128September 25, 2021 3:09 AM

R128 Me too!

by Anonymousreply 129September 25, 2021 9:02 AM

[quote] Not all of us hate Timothee . Some of us would like to kiss his ass slowly before exploring his whole excited pulsating body!

Eh, I wouldn’t be that excited. Beautiful face, but he needs to eat a sandwich. If he worked out even a little, gained just a bit of mass and definition, I’d find him 100% more attractive.

I’m read Dune probably 20-25 years ago, and respected it as a work, it didn’t really love it, so Ive been: ‘I’ll see this when I get around to it,’ but my new phone plan includes HBOMax, so they’re literally giving it away, so I’ll be watching this near it’s premiere after all. Yay, me.

by Anonymousreply 130September 29, 2021 5:06 AM

Yessss! Same here, r128. The things I'd do to him might be considered illegal......sexually speaking. Ha! Ha!

by Anonymousreply 131October 6, 2021 3:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!