Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lizzo Declares Janet “Queen Of Pop”

Cut & paste from several of her tweets:

King of Pop- Michael Jackson Queen of Pop- Janet Jackson

Prince of pop- Bieber Princess of Pop- Britney Spears The Pop princess- Rihanna

Queen of music- Beyonce

Usher the king of r&b

Queen of soul- Aretha Queen of R&B- Mariah Queen of hip hop soul- Mary J Queen of rock & roll- Tina Turner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 16, 2021 12:33 AM

Sorry for the formatting. ^ Posting from my phone didn’t go as I’d planned.

by Anonymousreply 1August 30, 2021 3:12 PM

Because she is. Her hits were better

by Anonymousreply 2August 30, 2021 3:14 PM

The true Queen of pop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 30, 2021 3:29 PM

Racist list. But no surprise since it's from a Negress.

by Anonymousreply 4August 30, 2021 3:31 PM

No doubt Janet is hugely influential to a generation of artists that came since. Personally, I like Janet's music from 1986-1993, her years of real superstardom, but I've also wondered at times if she only had that career because her brother was who he was. Once the knives were really out for him, her career began to wane, too. The "wardrobe malfunction" simply capped things.

There's no comparison between her and Madonna, however. People can like Janet's music better, but calling her the Queen of Pop is wrong. You wouldn't take "King of Pop" away from Michael or "Queen of Soul" away from Aretha, because they virtually trademarked those names for themselves. Not even Madonna had that much ego, was her problem.

Sure, Madonna's not in Michael nor Aretha's league, talent-wise, and Lizzo can have her personal opinion, but in terms of sales and amount of ink spilled during the 80s and 90s - real cultural impact - Madonna leaves Janet in the dust.

by Anonymousreply 5August 30, 2021 3:32 PM

Ugh. Can we stop with questioning if she only had a career because of her brother? Every Jackson tried to be a pop star and all failed but those two.

by Anonymousreply 6August 30, 2021 3:34 PM

She's not without talent, I didn't mean it that way exactly but I see how it could fan the flames of the Jabba/Vadge wars. She's a decent but limited vocalist, and also attractive. If any Jackson sibling was the total package other than Michael, it was Janet.

by Anonymousreply 7August 30, 2021 3:37 PM

Janet failed at first. Then she got good producers after her first two flop albums.

by Anonymousreply 8August 30, 2021 3:37 PM

Janet seems relatively normal compared to the rest of them. She has decent social skills, the rest of them…

by Anonymousreply 9August 30, 2021 3:38 PM

welcome to how blacks really feel. they're the true racists in our current culture.

by Anonymousreply 10August 30, 2021 3:41 PM

I'm more disturbed by Beyoncé being labeled the "queen of MUSIC."

Like, of all music? Okay.

by Anonymousreply 11August 30, 2021 3:46 PM

R10 why are you always starting race shit? All the time. On numerous accounts.

Over 30 accounts red tagged.

by Anonymousreply 12August 30, 2021 3:49 PM

I think they’re all terrible, though there are a handful of Madonna songs I like.

by Anonymousreply 13August 30, 2021 3:53 PM

R8 Yes, Janet owes her career to Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. They knew how to work around her many limitations and use what she did have to maximum effect. And they knew how to crank out catchy songs. Notice her career declined after she started working with others.

by Anonymousreply 14August 30, 2021 4:07 PM

Does anyone really care?

by Anonymousreply 15August 30, 2021 4:13 PM

No, not really. Everyone's sliding into irrelevance. One day it'll happen to Lizzo, and her peers too.

by Anonymousreply 16August 30, 2021 4:27 PM

[quote]welcome to how blacks really feel. they're the true racists in our current culture.

Aided by self-loathing white liberals.

The fact is, Madonna was a global superstar, like MJ. Janet never reached those heights., Her success was relegated mainly to the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 17August 31, 2021 2:52 PM

I thought Luther Vandross was the Queen of R&B.

by Anonymousreply 18August 31, 2021 2:55 PM

Janet is a much more interesting musician and much more talented, but even I will admit that most people know that Madonna is considered the queen of pop.

by Anonymousreply 19August 31, 2021 2:57 PM

I am okay with Janet being the Queen of Pop, but then Madonna is the Grand Empress of Pop.

Kate Bush is, of course, Queen of the Universe.

Mariah Carey is the Guttersnipe of Pop

Britney is the Court Jester of Pop

Taylor Swift is the Serving Wench of Pop

by Anonymousreply 20August 31, 2021 3:04 PM

I'm a Negro and the true Queen of Pop is obviously Madonna. So the only racist I'm seeing on this thread is you, R4.

by Anonymousreply 21August 31, 2021 3:31 PM

This one is too easy.

1. Album sales: Madonna has sold over 244 mil album equivalent ranked #5 on all time best willing list. Janet ranks #65 with 76 mils

2. Touring: Madonna is the top female touring artist of all time. Janet is not even on the list

3. Rock n roll hall of fame: Madonna got in in her 1st year of eligibility. It took Janet SEVERAL years to be accepted

4. Cultural impact: no contest here. Madonna is like god name. It’s the worldwide household name

5. Reinvention: no contest here. Madonna is the shape shifter. Janet still use the same choreography she did 30 years ago.

Madonna is better than Janet is everything and every single aspect

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 31, 2021 4:00 PM

I always chuckle at these pissing contests on the DL (I adore Janbot's spunk).

But so, so, so many sad, nellie stans were on Twitter yesterday. There's SO many more sad fat messes who are off the rails with their stan behavior than I ever imagined.

by Anonymousreply 23August 31, 2021 4:04 PM

Beyonce, Bieber, and Usher? Yikes. Ray Charles is the king of R&B. She's right about Tina Turner though.

by Anonymousreply 24August 31, 2021 4:06 PM

I've been listening to a Jam & Lewis compilation and every time it gets to Janet, I lose my buzz. They worked with some good vocalists. Miss Jackson was not one.

by Anonymousreply 25August 31, 2021 4:07 PM

R22 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a big fat joke.

by Anonymousreply 26August 31, 2021 4:08 PM

Honestly Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis should be the queens of pop because they were the reason Janet was such a success. She could dance snd had charisma but her voice? So thin.

by Anonymousreply 27August 31, 2021 4:41 PM

R25 it’s cool, your taste obviously doesn’t align with the music buying public as it relates to Jam and Lewis as I think they have had the most success producing for JJ.

by Anonymousreply 28August 31, 2021 6:02 PM

And if it weren't for MTV, that probably wouldn't be the case.

by Anonymousreply 29August 31, 2021 6:09 PM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Madonna was the bigger star on a global scale. But Janet was no small potatoes and she influenced a lot of pop music in the Anglo sphere particularly R&B and hip-hop. I think both Madonna and Janet are mediocre singers who relied heavily on talented producers plus the bonus of having charisma and sex appeal. I don't get why there are so many threads pitting them against each other. Plus DL is like bizarro world sometimes because nobody is checking for Madonna anymore.

by Anonymousreply 30August 31, 2021 9:58 PM

Lizzo has an opinion and people get upset or rejoice? This fucking world. It doesn’t matter if MJ, Madonna, Elvis, the Beatles or whoever declares this or that. Cold hard facts speak volumes.

by Anonymousreply 31August 31, 2021 10:05 PM

I’m surprised the fat cow put down the fried food long enough to write that list.

by Anonymousreply 32August 31, 2021 11:26 PM

George Michael is the king not MJ. And of course Madonna is the queen. I don't think that out of the US/UK/Canada someone thinks that Janet is something like an icon.

by Anonymousreply 33September 13, 2021 11:47 PM

[quote] Janet is a much more interesting musician

A what?!

by Anonymousreply 34September 13, 2021 11:53 PM

[quote]Janet is a much more interesting musician

Musician?

MUSICIAN??!!

by Anonymousreply 35September 14, 2021 12:02 AM

No one cares what Lizzo thinks. She forfeited whatever shred of credibility she may have had a few years ago, because she chose to indulge her desperate need for attention online.

She amd Madonna both have that in common. So I'm surprised she doesn't respect Madonna more.

by Anonymousreply 36September 14, 2021 12:03 AM

Figures a desperate ape would have a racist list. Janet never wrote her biggest hits. Madonna is annoying as all hell now but she was the Queen of Pop in the 80s-early 2000s. She always changed her style and was evolving music as well. LizzoTheLardo has her opinion but she also has a brown stain in her asshole she proudly shows off so I’m not listening to an obese crap dancer who can’t even twerk yet thinks she is and can’t even clean her butthole properly. Also, Chris Evan’s isn’t into beastiality so stop trying to make that happen Lardo!!!!

by Anonymousreply 37September 14, 2021 4:33 AM

R37 why are you so butt hurt that an “ape” doesn’t agree with you about who the “queen of pop” is that you would actually call someone an “ape”, you’re fucking gross.

by Anonymousreply 38September 14, 2021 5:49 AM

Janet, the queen of pop, will be releasing yet another number 1 album this year, ahead of her 4 hour highly anticipated documentary.

by Anonymousreply 39September 14, 2021 3:38 PM

What is Lizzo's favorite ice cream? Fried chicken? Snack cakes?

by Anonymousreply 40September 14, 2021 3:45 PM

Janet is a huge porker, which is why Lizzo loves her.

She paved the way for obese artists of color.

Even when she gets skinny, you know it's only a matter of time until she explodes again.

Madonna never got fat. Ever.

Madonna wins.

by Anonymousreply 41September 14, 2021 4:01 PM

[quote] you’re fucking gross.

What is it with people always using the word "gross" to describe things they don't like? It's pretty childish.

by Anonymousreply 42September 14, 2021 11:34 PM

Lol r42 calling someone an ape is the height of maturity, eff off you old racist cornball

by Anonymousreply 43September 15, 2021 1:31 AM

Calling someone an ape isn't mature or immature. It's whatever.

by Anonymousreply 44September 16, 2021 12:30 AM

With no mention of her mentor being the King of Music (Prince), I suspect she was drunk when she posted this or just trolling.

by Anonymousreply 45September 16, 2021 12:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!