Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

John Carpenter’s Ghosts of Mars (2001)

I remember when this film came out and how critics trashed it and it was a flop, but I was interested in watching it because it was Directed by John Carpenter, and I enjoy most of his films, even the bad ones. But this right here is a massive piece of shit, and not even in an enjoyable way!

Wow. It’s sooooo bad. Everything about it is bad, from the acting to the script to the cinematography etc. what a bad film.

Is this what officially killed the career of Natasha Henstridge? Hollywood was pushing her a bit after Species, and she was even offered roles in both Independence Day and Men In Black, both of which she refused to do.

After this bomb she vanished.

And Pam Grier?! She deserved better!

What was up with early 00s films using strange colors during scenes with rock/metal music blasting, and the camera all shaky? Ridiculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2021 1:13 AM

That movie scared the fuck out of me.

It still does.

by Anonymousreply 1August 29, 2021 7:20 PM

R1 it was extremely creepy, I agree. But terribly executed.

It was creepy because of all those monster people things but I hated that the ghosts would possess someone and then take over someone else’s body. Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 2August 29, 2021 7:22 PM

I owned this on DVD when I was a teen. I must have enjoyed it enough to buy it.

by Anonymousreply 3August 29, 2021 7:26 PM

R3 maybe if I saw it as a teen I would have liked it. I was 14 when it came out but didn’t watch it until last year, in my 30s now. I think I would like it more if I didn’t see it for the first time as an adult and liked it as a teen first lol

by Anonymousreply 4August 29, 2021 7:27 PM

OP that video you posted is chopped to bits. Is that how you watched the movie?

by Anonymousreply 5August 29, 2021 7:28 PM

Lots of lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 6August 29, 2021 7:28 PM

R5 no lol. I watched it on Vudu

by Anonymousreply 7August 29, 2021 7:29 PM

Jason Statham was the best part of the movie besides Pam Grier, who is killed fast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 29, 2021 7:33 PM

This person liked it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 29, 2021 7:36 PM

This movie would have been a classic if the Widow Cobain had not dropped out as the lead a few weeks before filming.

by Anonymousreply 10August 29, 2021 7:42 PM

A shitshow of the highest order. Does Natasha still act? I was surprised to see her on a CW show.

by Anonymousreply 11August 30, 2021 8:17 AM

R11 rarely. I know she had a few kids. Did she marry someone rich?

by Anonymousreply 12August 30, 2021 9:14 AM

R12 she was married to some Scottish guy who works in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 13August 30, 2021 12:05 PM

Terrible movie

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2021 1:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!