Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Spencer Trailer: Kristen Stewart’s miscasting is a DISASTER

This year’s Grace of Monaco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 30, 2022 6:47 AM

The body language is completely off.

by Anonymousreply 1August 26, 2021 6:54 PM

Why can't anyone get Diana's hair right?

by Anonymousreply 2August 26, 2021 6:55 PM

Stewart ruins everything she is in.

by Anonymousreply 3August 26, 2021 6:59 PM

Diana did not have Vocal Fry.

(K.Stew only does VF in every role).

by Anonymousreply 4August 26, 2021 7:02 PM

I have Diana fatigue. I've heard so much about her over the years that I've become bored. This might be worth watching for the laughs though. Maybe it will become a camp classic.

by Anonymousreply 5August 26, 2021 7:02 PM

It wasn't that bad. The accent seems good, the two words we heard of it.

by Anonymousreply 6August 26, 2021 7:03 PM

And please learn what vocal fry is. Kristen Stewart does not speak with vocal fry.

by Anonymousreply 7August 26, 2021 7:04 PM

Whose pussy did she lick to get this part? Because she's 100% wrong for it.

by Anonymousreply 8August 26, 2021 7:04 PM

Kristen resembles Peggy from MAD MEN more in those clips than Princess Diana.

OTOH, I initially thought Emma Corrin was a terrible match for Di on THE CROWN, then wound up really liking her performance. So you never know.

by Anonymousreply 9August 26, 2021 7:20 PM

Kristen Stewart is not a box-office draw. She is most famous for a movie franchise that would have been a hit without her. She parlayed that fame into working with interesting people/projects. Good for her.

But, if I was a smart Hollywood producer, it would be so glaringly obvious to not cast her as a primary lead in any film with any kind of budget. She's a wooden actress. She's not a technical actress either, so casting her as a famous real-life person makes no sense. She also has no charisma that would make her individually a box-office draw.

I don't understand why she was cast in Charlie's Angels, especially as the most notable name amongst the three women. Everything was riding on the brand, as well as her shoulders. The movie flopping was absolutely no surprise. This Diana movie flopping is another predictable outcome.

I know Hollywood is about taking chances sometimes, but the risk/benefit ratio here suggests very little upside.

by Anonymousreply 10August 26, 2021 8:40 PM

Weird that they cast an actress who’s so flat on the screen to play one of the most charismatic people of the 20th century.

by Anonymousreply 11August 26, 2021 8:42 PM

It is a mystery how she keeps getting roles. Aside from Twilight and the Snow White movie which was very modest hit, her box office is nothing but flops. And despite her well-paid for PR nonsense about being a great actress, audiences are not impressed by her.

by Anonymousreply 12August 26, 2021 8:45 PM

why is Stewart always slack-jawed? She must swallow a lot of flies.

by Anonymousreply 13August 26, 2021 8:47 PM

This looks like an exact copy of Jackie?? Did the director even try??

by Anonymousreply 14August 26, 2021 8:50 PM

[quote]I don't understand why she was cast in Charlie's Angels, especially as the most notable name amongst the three women.

Weirdly, that's actually one film in which I thought KS did a great job -- she was actually FUNNY (what?!) and likeable and lively, not morose and monotone.

Her two fellow Angels, however, were awful... and I think that's part of the reason the movie tanked. Charlie's-Angels fatigue was another -- did anyone ask for yet another reboot?

by Anonymousreply 15August 26, 2021 8:52 PM

Well its undoubtedly the worst thing to happen to Diana since 1997. Charles and Camilla's wedding probably had her spinning less than that performance.

by Anonymousreply 16August 26, 2021 8:59 PM

Will it show the crash? Who will play minging Dodi?

by Anonymousreply 17August 26, 2021 9:05 PM

American actresses should stop trying to play British women. They don't have the charm or attitude of British women. It is too obvious that Steward is in imitation. The accent seems good? Is this a joke?

by Anonymousreply 18August 26, 2021 9:08 PM

My reaction watching the trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 27, 2021 12:24 AM

OMG. And I say that as a lesbian who thinks Kristen Stewart is attractive.

Diana was, if nothing else, effortlessly and beautifully feminine. She exuded a vulnerability that she later built on and made into a strength (as when she bonded with people with AIDS). Just looking at her winsome smile was enough to take my breath away.

Stewart? Back when she was a teen in Panic Room, I said to myself, "Jodie found herself a little baby dyke!" No matter what Kristen Stewart does, no matter how much make-up she wears or how she tries to carry herself, she looks like a dyke in a dress. She walks like a halfback. She has not one feminine bone in her body, and I say that as someone who loves butch women and dreams of having Rachel Maddow as my fantasy girlfriend. To me, butch women are hot, so I'm not insulting Kristen Stewart when I say that. It's just a fact.

That said, I really loved her in The Clouds of Sils Maria. But she's wrong for this.

by Anonymousreply 20August 27, 2021 12:44 AM

Kristen Stewart as an American is unable to do [italic]British[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 21August 27, 2021 12:52 AM

[quote]I know Hollywood is about taking chances sometimes

That. Is. Adorable.

by Anonymousreply 22August 27, 2021 1:23 AM

Americans are not that great at doing brits and vice versa. I actually like Anne Hathaway but I remember watching her in some terrible rom com where she played a british woman in love with her best friend and thinking how un British she seemed.

by Anonymousreply 23August 27, 2021 1:25 AM

Anne Hathaway has played Brits in several movies now and NEVER should again. For someone with a pretty solid stage-trained vocal technique, her accents are horrible.

by Anonymousreply 24August 27, 2021 1:28 AM

Yet another Razzie "award" for our Kristen.

by Anonymousreply 25August 27, 2021 1:32 AM

I've seen Stewart in some good performances. I think she's a fine actress. I watched her in Underwater yesterday because I was bored, and I actually thought it was a really fun horror, and well done and she was terrific.

by Anonymousreply 26August 27, 2021 1:38 AM

I support American actresses stealing roles from British actors, only because usually it's the other way around. We don't need the plain and unremarkable Emily Blunt playing an American in film after film.

by Anonymousreply 27August 27, 2021 1:42 AM

I have consulted my lawyers and we will be suing for a substantial share of the profits from this movie. And if anyone comments about us suing, I'll sue them too. I'm doing this for my husband who needs cash to heal the pain of losing his mother.

And Ms. Stewart had better ask me if I'm okay, or I'll sue her too!!!

by Anonymousreply 28August 27, 2021 1:45 AM

This movie has crap written all over. Calling it Spencer betrays a complete misunderstanding of Diana's story. The poster is uber-dramatic and histrionic, again a misunderstanding of Diana's story (yes, she was dramatic and histrionic but not in this way). From her fleeting appearances in this trailer, Kristen Stewart seems to be playing Diana as a permanently pissed-off adolescent or a neurotic suburban American housewife from the 80s.

The narrative of the trailer is incomprehensible and Stewart barely features in it, or only appears in 3-second spurts, presumably because anything longer would be too embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 29August 29, 2021 9:40 AM

Emma Stone could play Princess Diana effortlessly but she will be nominated for an Oscar from "Cruella" anyway.

by Anonymousreply 30August 29, 2021 4:45 PM

[Quote] From her fleeting appearances in this trailer, Kristen Stewart seems to be playing Diana as a permanently pissed-off adolescent

A KStew staple. That's all she knows.

by Anonymousreply 31August 30, 2021 8:15 AM

Stewart suffers from hippophobia, the fear of horses, so much for her chances of being in the SATC reboot.

by Anonymousreply 32August 30, 2021 2:29 PM

The teaser trailer looks like an SNL parody to me. Kate McKinnon does Kristen Stewart does Diana.

by Anonymousreply 33August 30, 2021 2:34 PM

I see I'm very much in the minority but I'm looking forward to it.

by Anonymousreply 34August 30, 2021 4:51 PM

New trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 23, 2021 5:17 PM

[quote] Stewart ruins everything she is in.

Exactly. Would somebody please explain to me why Hollywood continues to insist on putting that talentless little shrill into one film after another? Did you accidentally get her pregnant and now you owe for the rest of your life? Did you mistakenly say out loud what a total POS actor she was, and now you have to bend over backwards to make up for your lack of a filter? Did you comment on her looks, say that she’s not all that attractive, or even worse, say she’s not the hot piece of ass we need to make this movie - and now #metoo is coming for you and you can’t bend over fast enough to take the ass whipping they are about to bestow on you. What gives, why is she still getting leading roles with or better yet, despite her track record.

by Anonymousreply 36September 23, 2021 5:50 PM

She was also cast as "Snow White" to Charlize Theron's evil queen. The Theron character was supposed to be threatened by Snow White's beauty, driven to insanity, and it was ridiculous. She was actually fucking the director (married).

There has *got* to be some casting couch shenanigans going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 23, 2021 7:13 PM

I mean, she seems decent in this, but her problem is that she is following up Emma Corrin's absolutely flawless performance as Diana in the Crown. And there is just no way she is going to improve on perfection. So she will be killed by the comparison.

They should just wait to release this or send it straight to some second tier streamer like Paramount+.

by Anonymousreply 38September 23, 2021 7:58 PM

What about Gillian Anderson playing Brit characters. Is she also bad at it?

by Anonymousreply 39September 23, 2021 8:23 PM

R11 one of the most charismatic people of the 20th century???

by Anonymousreply 40November 13, 2021 7:13 AM

[quote] Emma Corrin's absolutely flawless performance as Diana in the Crown

…. If you say so.

by Anonymousreply 41November 13, 2021 7:16 AM

Princess Diana didn't have a resting bitch face...

by Anonymousreply 42November 13, 2021 7:20 AM

Did Kristin win the Golden Globe for this? 😱😱😱

by Anonymousreply 43January 10, 2022 10:54 PM

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 44January 10, 2022 11:19 PM

Wow. All this hate for Kristen. I loved her in this.

by Anonymousreply 45January 10, 2022 11:32 PM

I told them they'd regret it if they didn't cast me...um, I mean Nicole Kidman

She's so beautiful and talented!

by Anonymousreply 46January 11, 2022 12:21 AM

R7, what are you talking about? Diana did not speak with vocal fry...ever.

by Anonymousreply 47January 11, 2022 2:37 AM

I just started watching it. KS looks like a mildly retarded Spencer relative hunched over her steering wheel.

by Anonymousreply 48September 30, 2022 6:25 AM

Now she's sprinting like Josh Hawley across a field!

by Anonymousreply 49September 30, 2022 6:31 AM

"Sandringham" looks like one of Putin's compounds

by Anonymousreply 50September 30, 2022 6:34 AM

R39, to give Gillian Anderson her dues, her British accent is flawless, but then she does live over here.

Whoever said AnnE Hathaway was bad at British accents was on the money - she's absolutely shocking at them and should never attempt one ever again.

by Anonymousreply 51September 30, 2022 6:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!