Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kabul airport is DEAD to me! (or just chaotic?)

The news is being pretty sketchy with what seems to be going on there right now. Is it just more run-of-the-mill chaos that we’ve seen for the last week?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 24, 2021 7:11 PM

Like Jesus descending into Hell... I feel badly for the U.S. soldiers who have to take the brunt of it. Being all suited-up and armed and act like traffic cops in the boiling sun, surrounded by a bunch of lying Muslims.

We can't take half the population of Shitstainastan out of the country. The problem is the U.S. occupation gave them a taste of 21st century life and now they want it. But they can't have it. Allah say no.

You lost the birth lottery, folks. Sorry. That is your country.

by Anonymousreply 1August 22, 2021 4:30 PM

It's just stupid to stay until the last moment, except if Melanie's pregnant and you can't leave

by Anonymousreply 2August 22, 2021 4:31 PM

[quote] We can't take half the population of Shitstainastan

lol. completely agree with you. It's their, people, their country, grow a pair! they muslims anyways, what difference does it make?

by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2021 4:33 PM

Some of the guys in the vid at Op's link are seriously beautiful.in both camps (US/afghui)

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2021 4:54 PM

Who cares, we're gone y'all! You can go back to fucking the goats and children, we don't care anymore.

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2021 4:56 PM

they so stupid for bringing young children in that airport inferno. Stay at home and start practising better, if you want the Talis to be soft on you

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2021 4:58 PM

The girlie magazines and the slim jims have quit selling here at Kabul Hudson Bookstore.

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2021 5:00 PM

I’m surprised there are any women or children there at all. The men usually just leave them behind to be raped and murdered while they seek refuge “to work” for enough money to “send for them”.

by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2021 5:13 PM

I’ve seen worse

by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2021 5:22 PM

Twenty more people trampled early this morning en route to this doomed airport, including more children. I can no longer read about this. The stories are horrific.

by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2021 5:25 PM

Marry me, r9!

by Anonymousreply 11August 22, 2021 5:27 PM

It’s Vietnam all over again. America likes to cut and run once they decide it’s over. I know what some of the posters on here are going to start bleeting about twenty years and it’s their country etc. However, America went over there, and they gave those people a modicum of stability, while allowing them just a taste of what it is like to live in a modern country. The richest nation in the world can’t just throw its hands up and tell them all to fuck off just because they’re done. Whether you like it or not America has an obligation to at least get the people who worked for them and their families out as they put their trust in the United States. Otherwise it will be just like Vietnam, where many Vietnamese allies were murdered by the victorious Vietcong because America didn’t give a shit and wanted to pull out ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 12August 22, 2021 5:49 PM

We trained their army and gave them 60 billion dollars worth of weapons. It's up to them to defend themselves. After 20 years, either they want to protect their own country or they don't.

by Anonymousreply 13August 22, 2021 6:03 PM

“The richest nation in the world can’t just throw its hands up and tell them all to fuck off just because they’re done.”

Unfortunately, I agree.

by Anonymousreply 14August 22, 2021 6:18 PM

R13: The fucking country is a tribal mess. And many within the American establishment knew about the problems that all that entailed years ago. But instead of trying to deal with it, corrupt cunts in the government covered it up so they could keep the tax dollars rolling to American companies. What is happening know is more less down to how the United States handled the situation. For example, some within the American military establishment wanted to tackle the corruption issue years ago, while concentrating more on northern Afghanistan, because that part of the country is less tribal. However, no administration wanted to face the facts, so they papered over the cracks and lied to themselves over what needed to be done.

There’s responsibility for what has happened on both sides of the fence and it doesn’t solely lie with the Afghans.

by Anonymousreply 15August 22, 2021 6:21 PM

Donald Trump is joining us at r1.

by Anonymousreply 16August 22, 2021 6:22 PM

R1's comment depicts a pretty repellant mind on top of chosen ignorance. Anyone who wants to learn just a tiny bit about what's going on in Afghanistan right now has a zillion outlets explaining the chaos. R1 would rather just repeat anti-immigrant platitudes that don't speak to the specific situation in any way.

Trump made an agreement to leave the country now. He then released 5,000 Taliban from prison. Stephen Miller (who R1 possibly has never heard of and/or is a huge fan of) shut down the mechanisms for our state department to clear Afghans who helped Americans during the past 20 years. Remember, these people were assured the protection of the United States for publicly doing jobs that would result in them being beheaded in the streets if the Taliban came back.

And if you can read that and say "that's well and good but I don't like me no immigrants", they do not necessarily need to come to the U.S. They just need help getting out and then other countries will be taking some in. They just need our help getting to a safe zone where nobody will chop off their heads or limbs in the street while they are still alive.

by Anonymousreply 17August 22, 2021 6:38 PM

QUAGMIRE

by Anonymousreply 18August 24, 2021 5:51 PM

Those poor soldiers in charge of who gets on the planes and who doesn't. They could really have used the help of the Afghan Army and government who spoke the language. But that never happened.

If they don't care about their country- why should we?

by Anonymousreply 19August 24, 2021 6:13 PM

Are people still going to work at the airport? Ticket counter people are still showing up? Luggage handlers are still working? How are they commuting to the airport when customers can’t even get there?

by Anonymousreply 20August 24, 2021 7:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!