Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I’m tired of so many gay guys becoming gym obsessed

Gyms are exploiting gay men and our body image issues for profit and donating to right-wing, anti-gay causes.

Unfortunately, so many gay guys fall into the trap and become obsessed and it’s unhealthy. Many of these guys go to the extreme and have trouble accepting their bodies even after all of their effort and muscle building.

There’s nothing wrong with working out, but the gym is a place of toxicity, deceit, and personal issues.

Unfortunately, many gay men have lost their lives due to gym culture, which isn’t being addressed. We need to stop promoting this.

by Anonymousreply 344December 21, 2022 3:47 AM

Do you really want to talk about CrossFit or Equinox? There are a few gay CrossFit organizations, which might help ease your mind. It’s ok, we’ll get through this crisis!

by Anonymousreply 1August 21, 2021 3:05 PM

Any Jew threads you can start, luv?

by Anonymousreply 2August 21, 2021 3:18 PM

It would be less annoying if they didn’t pester the rest of us with their crap. Gym freaks keep harassing me about me “skipping leg day” and shit.

I don’t care about your gym fuckery. Stay in your lane and keep the rest of us out of it.

by Anonymousreply 3August 21, 2021 3:19 PM

R3

*about

by Anonymousreply 4August 21, 2021 3:21 PM

R2

Is this that stupid narrative where I “hate Jews” because I spoke out against Israel?

by Anonymousreply 5August 21, 2021 3:36 PM

Ok OP, so you are a fattie with chicken leg. Good 2 know

by Anonymousreply 6August 21, 2021 4:05 PM

R6

I’m not. I’m skinny.

by Anonymousreply 7August 21, 2021 4:08 PM

Gay men were always obsessed with their bodies and the male body in general.

by Anonymousreply 8August 21, 2021 4:16 PM

If it makes you feel better, racking up a fabulous six pack of abs and a pair of cum gutters will not improve a three inch penis one iota.

by Anonymousreply 9August 21, 2021 4:16 PM

Why didn't you post a pic, OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 21, 2021 5:08 PM

R8

I don't know about that. I remember a time when gay men had "normal" bodies, not the overworked muscular body builder look that is so ubiquitous nowadays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 21, 2021 5:56 PM

The era of social media makes people way more obsessed about how they look. You look on instagram and Twitter and see so many popular people with perfect bodies and people feel they need to catch up if they are going to be posting pictures of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 12August 21, 2021 5:59 PM

What never fails to make me laugh if how a man with the ugliest face I've ever seen can suddenly work out for a few months, get a great body, and people will suddenly start going on and on about how hot they are. Sure, the body does look great, but that awful face is still there. Why does the face suddenly become a non-issue?

by Anonymousreply 13August 21, 2021 6:16 PM

It doesn't just tire me, OP. It exhausts me.

by Anonymousreply 14August 21, 2021 6:27 PM

In order to be in good shape, you kind of need to get obsessed and stay obsessed, with working out, especially as you age.

Only the people with the ridiculously 'fit' bodies take it a step further, and do nothing but work out (and many take steroids).

by Anonymousreply 15August 21, 2021 6:34 PM

Eh, I don't really care to be honest. Would I like a gym perfect body? Yes. Am I willing to put in the hours it takes to get one? Nope.

If others are, that's fine and I'm not going to criticise them. But I prefer to just eat healthily and get regular exercise. I may never have perfect pecs and ripped abs, but I'm healthy and happy. And that's all that matters in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 16August 21, 2021 6:39 PM

[Quote]I’m tired of so many gay guys becoming gym obsessed

Bubble butts have increased because of it, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 21, 2021 6:49 PM

I love Equinox and I don't care. I think gay guys go to the gym because we can. The gym is very helpful for not only staying in shape, but it's really excellent for mental health. It's good to take care of your body for you. I agree that there are definitely people who can go over the top with obsessions about food, fitness, and supplements.

For better or worse, gay culture is lookist and agist. Ultimately, I do it for myself, but if I can look better and be healthier, both mentally and physically, it's a win win. If you look at Covid, the trend seems that it tends to take out people who are overweight, have poor diets, and are not fit.

by Anonymousreply 18August 21, 2021 6:57 PM

Gyms are not exploiting gay men. The demand for gay gyms fills an already existing niche. I cut the cord and bought my own equipment.

by Anonymousreply 19August 21, 2021 7:00 PM

R16

I can’t even post a pic of me without gym freaks making nasty, rude comments. I’m not even fat, I’m skinny and love my skinny body (and so do many men).

That’s the real problem here. It seems like they’re trying to convert everyone. It’s creepy and cultish.

by Anonymousreply 20August 21, 2021 7:02 PM

R20 Sounds like they're insecure if they're making nasty, rude comments about your apperance. That's their problem, not yours.

by Anonymousreply 21August 21, 2021 7:12 PM

[quote] If you look at Covid, the trend seems that it tends to take out people who are overweight, have poor diets, and are not fit.

So you're basically saying God (or Nature) is punishing people who don't go to the gym like you do, so you're giving yourself a big pat on the back.

by Anonymousreply 22August 21, 2021 7:17 PM

Weren’t some of the first to die from COVID in the US gay muscle guys who partied in Florida?

by Anonymousreply 23August 21, 2021 7:19 PM

No, R22. I'm not saying that. I'm just saying it can't hurt. Fit people I'm sure have died or gone to the hospital as well. Instead of rushing out for a 3rd vaccine (unless your MD says you need it for your immune system), maybe we should focus more on diet, exercise, and some basic lifestyle changes. This is also applies to non-covid diseases which can be helped by small lifestyle changes.

by Anonymousreply 24August 21, 2021 7:21 PM

There's nothing wrong with the goal of being fit and healthy. And don't be stupid. The very fit and good looking gay guys get their choice of who they have sex with and that's a priority in the gay community. It's mostly lazy, jealous people who don't work toward looking the best they can be.

by Anonymousreply 25August 21, 2021 7:29 PM

OP, complaining about other bottoms setting the bar too high for you to compete with is not going to get you a man.

by Anonymousreply 26August 21, 2021 8:54 PM

"You're just JEALOUS!" is what mean 14-year-old girls say when they're criticized.

by Anonymousreply 27August 21, 2021 8:56 PM

Don’t be jealous bro

by Anonymousreply 28September 7, 2021 4:17 AM

Constant gym-goers can turn their hobby into profession.

And then they can constant sexual attention (which can be mistaken for love).

What more could one ask for in life?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 7, 2021 4:27 AM

Who needs the gym when got 8 inches?

by Anonymousreply 30September 7, 2021 4:27 AM

R30 You can display your body even when you're fully-clothed.

American Woke Puritanism forbids you display your 8 inches.

by Anonymousreply 31September 7, 2021 4:32 AM

[quote] The gym is very helpful for not only staying in shape, but it's really excellent for mental health.

I have such a problem with this argument! And I see it all the time being spouted by this type of gym guy on Instagram etc. This argument can only true if you base your mental health on your looks, or if your mental health is totally dependent on attention from others via compliments or so on. It’s just narcissism / vanity, which isn’t sustainable or effective long term. If anything it’s an abdication of respect for your real mental health because you’re abandoning it for a cheap thrill.

by Anonymousreply 32September 7, 2021 4:34 AM

R31, it's called Grindr.

Trust me. I get more action than ripped dudes.

by Anonymousreply 33September 7, 2021 4:39 AM

[quote] What never fails to make me laugh if how a man with the ugliest face I've ever seen can suddenly work out for a few months, get a great body, and people will suddenly start going on and on about how hot they are.

Why would you prioritize someone’s attractiveness so heavily on their face to begin with? While it has (some of) the major features it’s still only like 5% of the real estate of the person. Body is important too. Also while you can’t really work on your face (discounting surgery) you can improve your body so it seems mean to less good looking guys to not allow them that opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 34September 7, 2021 4:39 AM

Fuck, lots of ignorance on this threads.

After AIDS decimated the gay community, with walking skeletons being common place in gay neighborhoods, having a developed body and looking healthy was a way of showing you were 'clean', and had gotten through the crisis. They fuckwits took it waaaay too far, but that is when it became a 'thing' for gays to be obvious with their healthy status.

by Anonymousreply 35September 7, 2021 4:42 AM

In most of the country the gays are just as overweight as everyone else. I don't think gays are healthier than the population at large with maybe some exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 36September 7, 2021 4:54 AM

Muscles matter

by Anonymousreply 37September 7, 2021 8:30 AM

I really can't tell if you're being serious with this post, but I will respond as if you are.

Gyms are not exploiting gays. Gays want to hit the gym for two main reasons - to look hot and therefore attract and be able to have sex with other hot men, and so they look healthy/strong and defy the stereotype of a weak, feminine gay. If gyms didn't exist this would still be true - gyms are not exploiting gays, they are enabling them.

Regardless of those reasons why gays work out, working out has many other benefits, both physically and mentally. As far as things that you can spend your time on, it's arguably one of the healthiest and most all-round beneficial.

Personal issues will exist whether the gym is around or not, and I would absolutely disagree that gyms are toxic, deceitful (literally, what the fuck?) or places that exacerbate personal issues. Yes, some guys will take things to the extreme, and for some guys they will develop body dysmorphia, or feelings of inadequacy, but by far the majority will use the gym as a way of improving their self esteem, stress relief, health and mental wellness.

Blaming the gym for all the ills suffered by gay men is just fucking nuts.

by Anonymousreply 38September 7, 2021 9:04 AM

R13 - because you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire. I'll be the first to admit I've fucked guys who had amazing bodies but I wasn't super attracted to them facially. If you're not marrying them, why does it matter?

by Anonymousreply 39September 7, 2021 10:36 AM

R32 I feel like you are completely missing the point - you say that argument is only true if you base your mental health on your looks or the attention you get, which is probably true for some guys but is not the only explanation at all. Good mental health comes from working hard in the gym because:

1. It's GREAT for stress relief 2. It's a very good method of maintaining mindfulness 3. Setting goals and achieving them is wonderful for mental health, especially if you feel like other aspects of your life are not in your control

You thinking it's all about narcissism is quite telling of your own mentality.

by Anonymousreply 40September 7, 2021 10:40 AM

R33, trust me you would get even more action as a built top with 8x6 than a not-built one. Speaking from experience.

by Anonymousreply 41September 7, 2021 10:41 AM

R32 gym is good for mental health because ANY physical activity is good for mental health.

It has proven benefits for easing depression and its not uncommon now for doctors here to actually prescribe physical activity as part of a treatment plan for many conditions, including stress, anxiety and depression, which include subsidised gym memberships.

I started swimming every day as a way to manage depression when I was in a bad relationship years ago, and it did help. The depression is long gone now with the ex, but I still swim, along with cycling

It isnt necessarily about getting big and muscular, it may be just to maintain or reduce weight or for general health

R7 I actually prefer skinny over muscled myself, skinny guys are sexy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 7, 2021 11:59 AM

I’m 61 and just started going to the gym to lose my WFH covid weight. I’m hardly obsessed and my gym doesn’t care if I show or not. That being said, I feel really good after an hour of light lifting and cardio, but I haven’t lost a pound.

by Anonymousreply 43September 7, 2021 12:07 PM

R43 you probably just changed muscle to fat. Still a net health gain. You may lose some weight after a while, but you will notice a smaller waist first

by Anonymousreply 44September 7, 2021 12:14 PM

Is the gym a good place for an out of shape man to get a jock to have sex with him for money? If so how do you do it without getting arrested?

by Anonymousreply 45September 7, 2021 12:34 PM

Ummm

by Anonymousreply 46September 7, 2021 12:56 PM

The gym does not help a lot of people with mental health issues. It in fact makes it worse for many.

For gay men especially, it leads down a dangerous path for many. They get caught up in steroids and drugs. It worsens their body image issues. They damage their hearts by going to extremes.

There are actually studies and many stories on this that prove it’s a problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 7, 2021 2:28 PM

Holy shit OP - mind your own fucking business. I am sure you have your OWN issues and baggage. What's wrong with LBG is people like you with your puritanical preachiness and navel gazing.

by Anonymousreply 48September 7, 2021 2:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 7, 2021 2:40 PM

R47 I think this is the piece that gets overlooked. It’s not healthy if other aspects of health suffer from the negative aspects. A fit body worthless if you’re a basket case.

by Anonymousreply 50September 7, 2021 2:40 PM

R50 who cares if they still have mental issues they’re hot. No one cares how they feel. I sure as hell don’t on a jock. They’re just meat for quick pleasure. Nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 51September 7, 2021 3:05 PM

R47 for sure moderation is important, and that goes for the gym as much as anything

That story also references steroid use which is the big problem in that case

by Anonymousreply 52September 7, 2021 3:09 PM

I love gains and goals

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 7, 2021 3:12 PM

QUICK TAKE: OP needs to hang out with different people and not the very small percentage of gay men who are obsessed with looking like Men's Health cover models.

The vast majority of men--gay and straight--are able to enjoy any form of exercise without becoming obsessed with it or feeling the need to criticize others.

Similarly it is only some odd and insular group of gay men who feel the need to post photos of their bodies on social media. It's not "common among Millennials" or anything of the sort. I am a Millennial and my friends would mock anyone endlessly if they started posting photos like that.

by Anonymousreply 54September 7, 2021 3:16 PM

It is biologically impossible to change muscle to fat, R44. They are completely different tissue types - you can increase one while you decrease the other, which is what you probably meant.

by Anonymousreply 55September 7, 2021 4:14 PM

I don't treat any man like crap for how they look, even obese men. However, I am one of those gay guys that wants a body that is sculpted by the male God's. I work out a lot and still haven't attained it. I do wish I looked like those gay male God's walking around with their perfect bodies. Until I get a body like theirs, I'll never be satisfied with myself.

by Anonymousreply 56September 7, 2021 4:17 PM

A lot of young hot gay guys are into crossfit.

by Anonymousreply 57September 7, 2021 4:44 PM

R40 / R42 sure exercise gives you endorphins, and endorphins make you happy, and happy people just don’t kill their husbands, but what’s under discussion here is gym culture (tm) which uses this “mental health” mantra to give a wash of acceptability to the promotion of absolute undeniable narcissism.

While the gym can be good for your mental health it also can be bad. It’s not necessarily a good thing. What OP is talking about is the type of gym culture that preys on peoples poor self image or inadequacies and results in depression / steroid abuse / diet problems, which occurs in a lottttttt of people. And these guys that flex around on Instagram talking about how it benefited their mental health (which is so clearly deceptive) are part of that problem.

Full disclosure I go to the gym in order to feel better and look better and I enjoy it to an extent but as far as taking care of my mental health, I can see that cultivating personal relationships gives me maybe oh I dunno, ten thousand more times the benefit than exercise does. And unless you’re a shallow narcissist I can’t see that changing for most people. I think people that get tricked and transfer the responsibility for their ‘mental health’ maintenance into exercise are also far more likely to develop problems with steroids / diet etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 58September 7, 2021 4:48 PM

Hip Hop Artists w/ Highest Streams Per Song on Spotify (artists over 1bn plays)

251m - Lil Nas X 227m - Travis Scott 225m - Drake 207m - Juice WRLD 204m - Kendrick 202m - Cardi B 180m - Roddy Ricch 170m - Offset 165m - Swae Lee 153m - xxxtentacion 152m - Quavo 140m - Nicki Minaj

by Anonymousreply 59September 7, 2021 4:48 PM

[quote] I work out a lot and still haven't attained it. I do wish I looked like those gay male God's walking around with their perfect bodies. Until I get a body like theirs, I'll never be satisfied with myself.

I mean this is everything you need to know distilled into a couple of sentences.

by Anonymousreply 60September 7, 2021 4:50 PM

I am gymspired by hot jacked dudes. It makes me want To eat clean work out daily

by Anonymousreply 61September 7, 2021 4:51 PM

R55 you're right, I probably should have specified that

R58 its all about moderation, which is what you are practicing - you go to the gym, but it isnt your whole life, just something you do to enhance your health be it physical or mental.

And exercise will have different effects for different people. For me personally it makes a BIG difference mentally, in that if I spend a few days inactive my mood gets low, but as soon as I do an hours exercise - and it doesnt need to be in the gym - my mood pops right back up again. That just doesnt happen for everyone though. Flatmate can spend a week sat on his arse and not feel the slightest bit worse for it

Your Mileage May Vary

by Anonymousreply 62September 7, 2021 5:22 PM

R62 yes i suppose I viewed it from my own perspective rather than allowing for variation in how it can affect people differently. Interesting how you describe it. And yes what you say about balance is paramount.

I suppose I judge it harshly because it seems these days that what I would view as narcissism industries (fitness / wellness / skincare / makeup) have co-opted the concept of mental health in a very cynical exercise to make enormous amounts of money from people’s insecurities.

by Anonymousreply 63September 7, 2021 5:44 PM

But that’s inevitable

by Anonymousreply 64September 7, 2021 5:45 PM

It is so much easier for straight guys, they can be fat, have a flabby belly and butt, but still consider attractive for their personality by ladies. It does help if they have a few bobs, of course.

by Anonymousreply 65September 7, 2021 5:54 PM

[quote] It is so much easier for GAY BEARS, they can be fat, have a flabby belly and butt, but still consider attractive for their personality by OTHER GAY BEARS

Works too

by Anonymousreply 66September 7, 2021 6:22 PM

Not if they are seeking nonbears

by Anonymousreply 67September 7, 2021 6:24 PM

Its far from a gay guy thing. It’s a huge modern Male thing. You are widely not considered attractive or manly today unless you have a male fitness model physique

by Anonymousreply 68September 7, 2021 7:23 PM

I love the confidence of muscles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 7, 2021 10:22 PM

I love it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 8, 2021 6:05 PM

{quote] I have such a problem with this argument! And I see it all the time being spouted by this type of gym guy on Instagram etc. This argument can only true if you base your mental health on your looks, or if your mental health is totally dependent on attention from others via compliments or so on. It’s just narcissism / vanity, which isn’t sustainable or effective long term. If anything it’s an abdication of respect for your real mental health because you’re abandoning it for a cheap thrill.

The gym releases endorphins which make you feel better, When you are angry or stressed out, it releases built up energy which is not good to be left stagnate in your body. It also reduces cortisol and is a huge tool for anxiety relief. I guess one of the bonuses of having sever anxiety and a racing mind is a hot body that comes from needing to go to the gym daily. You either get it or you don't, which is fine.

by Anonymousreply 71September 10, 2021 5:19 AM

Christ, it's been this way for a couple of decades and only NOW you're becoming tired of it?

by Anonymousreply 72September 10, 2021 6:37 AM

Yeah, *becoming*?

How long have you been with us, Rip Van Winkle?

by Anonymousreply 73September 10, 2021 6:44 AM

Going to the gym 3x per week keeps me fit, healthy and sane. It feels good to push yourself and the endorphins after will make your day (I go in the morning).

I also find that clothing looks so much better on a fit body, especially shirts and t-shirts.

3x per week is enough for me, in combination with daily walks and watching what I eat.

by Anonymousreply 74September 10, 2021 6:47 AM

Added bonus to the gym is sauna/steam j/o sessions. It's nice to feel good being naked.

by Anonymousreply 75September 10, 2021 6:54 AM

R1 - yeah, we have that on ourselves to blame. The Equinox on the West Side of LA are like that and it's only us being like that among ourselves. The one I go to in Woodland Hills is a far more elevated and decent crowd with a diverse crowd. It employs a lot of gay people and donates to gay causes. What are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 76September 10, 2021 7:09 AM

Not true, R76. Equinox Sports Club in WLA is all Persian, but has the best pool. Century City is the nicest overall and WeHo is the sexiest in terms of actual hot people. Woodland Hills has no flavor. It's a grade b Equinox. The ones in office buildings aren't very cool Thousand Oaks is much nicer and near where you are.

by Anonymousreply 77September 10, 2021 7:17 AM

I love working out. My energy improves and I feel great.

It also helps bone density, I don't want to shrink when I get old.

by Anonymousreply 78September 10, 2021 7:35 AM

I’m more worried about the rising trend in barebacking and sex on hard drugs.

by Anonymousreply 79September 10, 2021 7:43 AM

I know so many “worked out” gays, and the ironic thing is they’re not hot or sexy. They’re so shaved, plucked, coiffed, and dressed in short-shorts from lulu lemon that it ruins it for me. I have one friend that even wears concealer to the gym. Now give me a straight man in basketball shorts, sweating it out on the bench press and I’m in love!

by Anonymousreply 80September 10, 2021 8:51 AM

You’d love me, R80

I go to the gym after rolling out of bed with hair like a scarecrow and wearing old rags.

by Anonymousreply 81September 10, 2021 9:03 AM

What's this OP the 1990s?

by Anonymousreply 82September 10, 2021 9:04 AM

I used to go to the gym all the time, for years. Looking back, I had major issues and all the exercise made my appetite skyrocket so I ate and ate. Now I don’t exercise and I’m slim.

by Anonymousreply 83September 10, 2021 9:56 AM

Go to the gym for the workout. Stay for the circle jerk in the steam,

by Anonymousreply 84September 11, 2021 6:44 AM

[quote] What never fails to make me laugh if how a man with the ugliest face I've ever seen can suddenly work out for a few months, get a great body, and people will suddenly start going on and on about how hot they are. Sure, the body does look great, but that awful face is still there. Why does the face suddenly become a non-issue?

It's the same reason I was never impressed with Tony Danza. That combined with his complete lack of talent, not to mention this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85September 11, 2021 6:51 AM

R81 - while I don't go to the gym like that, I wake up looking shitty. I had a delivery via courier today for some new running shoes and MAN....I fucking hate how in Europe you inevitably see all your neighbors. Despite being poor, these young Romanian guys look straight out of GQ at flipping 8 AM on Saturday after a night of partying. Then again, I think that they are compensating for the years they had nothing like hot water and everything. I loved going to Amsterdam because you could go down to breakfast in sweats and nobody cared.

by Anonymousreply 86September 11, 2021 8:37 AM

Wait, where do you live, R86? This life you are describing sounds like just what I am looking for. Are they taking Americans in?

by Anonymousreply 87September 12, 2021 3:43 AM

Lots of gay guys today say they love to flirt with women. This is not 1975

by Anonymousreply 88September 12, 2021 3:51 AM

Women hit on me all the time and I HATE it. It makes me uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 89September 12, 2021 6:40 AM

Yes R87, they take Americans in Cluj-Napoca, Romania. Just find a group of American or Dutch investors or IT or get a job at an American company (there are dozens). But...be prepared, besides the low cost of food and good looking guys and cheap travel...you have to deal with being the frumpier one no matter what you do. I could barely hide my bulge when I went out for coffee yesterday at Starbucks at some of the hot guys...man, their asses and legs and shoulders. One dental school graduate started talking to me when he heard me talk with my American English about his exchange year in Boston and I REALLY had to struggle because he was with a girl...he was gorgeous with these blue eyes, blonde hair, gymnast body and shoulders and a perfect ass. It's worse when they have folk dancers who are in perfect shape with the boots and tight pants that outline the ass and the tops that show off their shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 90September 12, 2021 10:13 AM

R89, that’s you. But many young gay guys today love it. There is much more appreciation for cross orientation flirting today than in past times

by Anonymousreply 91September 12, 2021 12:43 PM

Oh for fuck’s sake

I have been to Cluj and all I saw were Bogdans looking like pot-bellied pot drivers.

by Anonymousreply 92September 12, 2021 8:44 PM

I wish there was a gym for gay men only.

by Anonymousreply 93September 13, 2021 3:25 AM

Smash

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94September 13, 2021 3:56 AM

[quote]I cut the cord and bought my own equipment.

Ditto. Getting better results at home than at the gym because I can do it anytime I want now that I’m the comfort of my own home. I despised having to get in the car and drive to the gym and driving back afterwards while exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 95September 13, 2021 4:10 AM

R95 I’m jealous — must also be lovely not having to deal with assholes in your local gym

by Anonymousreply 96September 13, 2021 5:51 AM

You are all FAT and UGLY. Go stuff your faces you fat cunts.

PS - I'll be serving clams in cream sauce in the back bay on Friday. Fernando and Dante will be serving to give the event a little color. I hope you can make it and I absoutely will NOT be changing the menu to suit your dietary restrictions. I am having a new colostomy bag replaced for the occasion.

by Anonymousreply 97September 13, 2021 8:04 AM

OP “luv” aka jungle bush/monster teeth cares way too much about what others think of him. Poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 98September 13, 2021 8:09 AM

NOTD

by Anonymousreply 99September 13, 2021 8:17 AM

R93 a lot of gay saunas/bathhouses have a gym, you could try one of those if you want a gay only gym.

There used to be a non-sauna gay gym in Vauxhall in London called 'Paris Gym' which was actually really cool - it was a proper hardcore training gym, but gay owned/run and populated mostly with gays. It also had a sauna and steam room. I knew one of the trainers there. I went once when it was a bit too quiet but the guys who were there were fucking hot too.

by Anonymousreply 100September 13, 2021 8:52 AM

I find guys who are obsessed with the gym and working out a vacuous turn off regardless of their body. In fact, I prefer an average male body. Far sexier to me.

by Anonymousreply 101September 13, 2021 12:00 PM

Why would you want a gay-only gym?

by Anonymousreply 102September 13, 2021 12:01 PM

How about a gym for people over the age of 30? Young douchebros training in groups are the ones who spoil the atmosphere. Though women would hate it of course.

by Anonymousreply 103September 13, 2021 12:35 PM

Naw, I like the hot bros

by Anonymousreply 104September 13, 2021 12:39 PM

I haven't gone to a gym in years. The music was so shitty, I hated being there, and I could still hear it over my own music.

by Anonymousreply 105September 13, 2021 1:51 PM

I need the gym to gymspiration. Seeing guys with incredible physiques makes me work harder to attain my fitness goals

by Anonymousreply 106September 13, 2021 2:05 PM

R106

But that’s the trap. Not everyone can have the same body even with all the work, especially when many of these guys are using steroids and other drugs/hormones.

by Anonymousreply 107September 13, 2021 2:10 PM

How do you define an 'average male body' though R101?

by Anonymousreply 108September 13, 2021 2:21 PM

The gym isn’t needed at all to be healthy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109September 13, 2021 2:26 PM

For many gym-goers I'd wager the health benefits are a nice bonus, but looking good is the main driver for most.

by Anonymousreply 110September 13, 2021 2:28 PM

[quote] Equinox Sports Club in WLA is all Persian, but has the best pool.

Insert obligatory joke about drain filters constantly getting clogged up from all the hair

[quote] I wish there was a gym for gay men only.

David Barton Gym closed down about three years ago.

by Anonymousreply 111September 13, 2021 2:29 PM

R89 then tell them you are gay! Stop being a closeted pussy! You must like their attention, if you won't actually speak up and tell them that you aren't interested. You came across as a stealth, female bootlicking bisexual man.

by Anonymousreply 112September 14, 2021 8:34 AM

R88 they are bisexual men. Gay men don't flirt with females. You are part of the anti-gay phenomenon problem assigning gay men to the activity of flirting with females, or doing anything to capture the attention of females.

by Anonymousreply 113September 14, 2021 8:38 AM

FF R88 for the anti-gay encouragement that "gay men" can flirt with females because it's 2021. Flirting has a sexual and romantic connotation. Gay men don't engage in flirting with females, no matter how much you keep calling then "gay men". And "straight men" who flirt with guys always turn out to be closeted bisexual men.

by Anonymousreply 114September 14, 2021 8:42 AM

R88 and R91 is a BTQ+ MOTHERFUCKER. Gay men aren't interested in impressing females, capturing their attention, or desire their female gaze you BTQ+ CUNT. Go push your anti-gay conversion therapy in a homophobic religion where you belong you BTQ+ gay erasing cunt.

by Anonymousreply 115September 14, 2021 8:48 AM

I never flirt with women.

by Anonymousreply 116September 14, 2021 10:42 AM

Op, cut the crap, most gay men never even see inside of a gym more than once or twice a year.

Most gay men have more time and disposable income to take some necessary steps to remain healthy (diet, quality food, exercise, not eating because they may bottom). But most of us are lazy or simply content so the gym isn’t a major factor.

R16 posted that they are skinny and when they put up photos people tell them to hit the gym. I simply don’t believe that. What platform has people on it that care enough about some skinny aging queen to comment on their photos with such snark? Also, you must know shit people and have your social media open to the public. Close that shit down and stop trying to have your basic body validated. You clearly aren’t anything special in the body department to warrant praise (or shame) so why are you seeking external validation when you clearly put no effort into your body? Your just average. That’s perfectly fine. You claim to be happy with your body, so be content and stop obsessing over what over guys choose to do.

The number of gay men with perfect gym bodies is not that large. You and your chicken legs are blowing this way out of proportion.

by Anonymousreply 117September 14, 2021 10:58 AM

It’s all they have. They don’t have intellect, nor do they pursue creativity in the arts. The iPhone has crippled them. They look at Instagram all day and are programmed to be one of them, but their products, and subscribe to their workouts. We ended up with a generation of dumb, programmed, non-sexy, muscled robots, that all look alike.

by Anonymousreply 118September 14, 2021 11:08 AM

I post on RateMyBody.com R117.

Should I stop doing that? Or just work out more?

by Anonymousreply 119September 14, 2021 1:36 PM

I prefer muscle robots

by Anonymousreply 120September 14, 2021 1:38 PM

R119, do both.

by Anonymousreply 121September 14, 2021 10:13 PM

The OP is obviously clumsy trolling

by Anonymousreply 122September 14, 2021 10:49 PM

Motivating

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123September 14, 2021 11:27 PM

I've met so many average guys, nothing extraordinary but perfectly datable, who are so down on themselves that I'll start a conversation and they'll start ripping themselves to shreds, I feel like I give pep talks. I'm 40 and have kept a good, athletic body and eat well. Guy are attracted to me, but I also feel good about myself. When I was in my 20's i the early aughts, white, athletic, smooth, and all-american handsome was the winning ticket. A thin, good body was helpful, but you didn't need to live at the gym, even by WeHo standards. Today, the younger generations are obsessed with IG and TikTok and think these perfect bodies that require extraordinary amounts of work are the norm for everyone. Staying completely off social media, getting just the right amount of validation from others, and a dose of self delusion have been my tickets to aging gracefully.

by Anonymousreply 124September 15, 2021 7:23 AM

thankfully, white is no longer the ideal. Color is king.

by Anonymousreply 125September 15, 2021 12:54 PM

R125 speak for yourself. Also you’ve never been to Asia.

by Anonymousreply 126September 15, 2021 12:54 PM

Bros love abs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127September 15, 2021 12:56 PM

I speak for where I live, and the hot dudes I like

by Anonymousreply 128September 15, 2021 12:56 PM

[quote] Color is king.

Good luck convincing anyone else of that hon

by Anonymousreply 129September 15, 2021 1:33 PM

I love the hot bros showing their swole bods on TikTok

by Anonymousreply 130September 15, 2021 1:35 PM

I went on a date recently with an incredibly good looking doctor who has traveled the world and all he wanted to talk about was diet and exercise. Which is weird because I'm older, schlubbier, and poorer than him so who exactly was he trying to impress and why? It was a big bummer. He seemed pretty unhappy overall.

I'm ok with my push-ups and my exercise bands. I don't have rock-hard abs but I can make pleasant, flirty conversation with a handsome stranger for an hour or two.

by Anonymousreply 131September 15, 2021 2:02 PM

I have dated beautiful, shredded guys — who all but one proved to be tediously boring and tepid.

Sadly, sadly, sadly I feel so attracted to a well-built body. I wish it weren't the case. Maybe I grow out of it…

by Anonymousreply 132September 15, 2021 2:09 PM

This is the goal 😻

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133September 15, 2021 2:10 PM

R128 “I speak for where I live, and the hot dudes I like”.

Ah that makes more sense, as your previous blanket statement that “white is no longer the ideal” made it seem like you meant in general, the world over….when white skin is THE ideal on most of the planet.

by Anonymousreply 134September 15, 2021 2:35 PM

The view is incredible

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135September 15, 2021 3:18 PM

[quote] when white skin is THE ideal on most of the planet.

Wow the girls in R126, R129 and R134 jumping in to valiantly remind poster R125 that he’ll never escape white supremacy because of people like them are so fun. And who said white fragility was a thing right ladies?

by Anonymousreply 136September 15, 2021 3:55 PM

^ Unemployed fat aggrieved BIPOC who demands reparations

by Anonymousreply 137September 15, 2021 4:17 PM

R137

Racist troll.

by Anonymousreply 138September 15, 2021 4:26 PM

Could this be because gays are so hyper-obsessed with their looks, and never, ever pass up the opportunity to make fun of everyone who isn't?

by Anonymousreply 139September 15, 2021 4:27 PM

R131, you didn't catch on he was trolling you?

by Anonymousreply 140September 15, 2021 4:34 PM

Gay men basically want to become, and fuck, the hot jocks they lusted after in high school and college who either ignored them or bullied/mocked them. Gay men are perpetual peter pans with a touch of Stockholm syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 141September 15, 2021 4:36 PM

The jocks in college and High school were my friends and teammates. I wanted some of them, but they did not know at the time. They are still friends now. Some are still hot, but many are not. The nerdy dudes have become the hot ones with Instagram fitness physiques after college

by Anonymousreply 142September 15, 2021 4:45 PM

[quote]Gay men basically want to become, and fuck, the hot jocks they lusted after in high school.

The "hot jock I lusted after in HS" was one of my friends when I transferred to a new school my junior year. When wrestling season started, he begged me to join him on the team because I was just the right weight (135) that, if I joined the team, he wouldn't have to diet down to it from his actual weight (140-something).

But there was no way I could have practiced every day with him without getting hard as fuck. I would probably have cum in my singlet. I almost did one day down in his basement when he tried to show me how to wrestle (in regular gym clothes).

by Anonymousreply 143September 15, 2021 4:55 PM

The OP sucks

What a moronic twat

by Anonymousreply 144September 15, 2021 4:58 PM

R141, Your homophobia is showing. Don't you think, just maybe, that straight guys want to fuck the hot girls? No? It's just gay men who want to fuck hotties and that fact makes them "perpetual peter pans"?

Yeah, you have an issue with gay people which is sad. I hope that you're a pathetic straight woman but I fear that you're an eldergay.

by Anonymousreply 145September 15, 2021 5:17 PM

[quote] There's nothing wrong with the goal of being fit and healthy.

Let's be honest. That's not the goal

by Anonymousreply 146September 15, 2021 5:22 PM

R145 is speaking facts!

by Anonymousreply 147September 15, 2021 5:24 PM

The gym is awesome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148September 15, 2021 5:38 PM

"Becoming"?

Where you been, girl?

by Anonymousreply 149September 15, 2021 5:42 PM

R125 - “Thankfully white is no longer the ideal. Color is king.”

I have to disagree. White is still definitely the ideal. Color is more of a fetish, but still sought after more than it used to be.

by Anonymousreply 150September 15, 2021 5:47 PM

R8 Rumor has it that the male body has been a thing for gay men for a while now.

www.italianrenaissance.org/michelangelos-david/

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151September 15, 2021 6:53 PM

Why do you workout?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152September 15, 2021 7:29 PM

Fitness is such an oxymoron for homosexual men. They have great bodies and thus probably generally good health. Those great bodies allow them access to sex all the time, which probably consists of unprotected sex or sticking their tongue in some stranger's dirty, filthy hole, opening them up to all types of sexual transmitted diseases and making them disease riddled whores. So in the end, the health risks of working out outweigh the benefits in a twisted gay way. It's so ironical.

by Anonymousreply 153September 15, 2021 8:57 PM

[quote] Those great bodies allow them access to sex all the time, which probably consists of unprotected sex or sticking their tongue in some stranger's dirty, filthy hole,

MARY

by Anonymousreply 154September 15, 2021 9:24 PM

R153, is a vile homophobe

by Anonymousreply 155September 15, 2021 10:16 PM

[quote] It's so ironical.

Oh fucking dear r153

by Anonymousreply 156September 15, 2021 10:19 PM

It natural for guys to want to look like this, and to seek guys like this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157September 15, 2021 10:32 PM

[quote] thankfully, white is no longer the ideal. Color is king.

Maybe, but I don't think so. As everyone becomes mixed race muts, I think people will fetishize and elevate whiteness. Even black people can get spray tans to lighten their features, Asians use whitening creams. Who knows, I don't think it will be an issue in the next 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 158September 16, 2021 12:00 AM

R158 and white people use tanning beds / spray tan / bronzer which means?????????

by Anonymousreply 159September 16, 2021 12:16 AM

And white people want black butts and lips

by Anonymousreply 160September 16, 2021 12:31 AM

I want black folks' EBT cards and free phones and the escalades they're somehow able to afford.

by Anonymousreply 161September 16, 2021 1:03 AM

Have any of you ever known anyone with an "Instagram body"

I briefly dated a guy like that when I was in my 20s

Was not a fun life

He had to constantly monitor everything he ate or drank. So every time we went to dinner he'd order a salad and grilled fish or chicken, dressing on the side. No alcohol. No bread. Not even a "try this" bite. Two hours a day at the gym.

In his case the psychology was that his mother was fat and spent her whole life trying to lose weight, going on yo-yo diets, passed the neurosis down to him.

But that was him, others have their own reasons.

by Anonymousreply 162September 16, 2021 1:10 AM

I love Instagram physiques

by Anonymousreply 163September 16, 2021 2:04 AM

Boner alert 🚨

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164September 16, 2021 2:05 AM

I'm a 9 and I only dates 9's and 10's. I'll make an exception for an 8 if he has a six-figure income.

by Anonymousreply 165September 16, 2021 1:50 PM

How benevolent of you, R165

by Anonymousreply 166September 16, 2021 1:55 PM

Guys workout because they want to attract hotties, fantasy caliber hotties. Also, they love getting attention and compliments, which are intoxicating

by Anonymousreply 167September 16, 2021 5:15 PM

When nonswole people complain about gym bros

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168September 17, 2021 3:26 AM

Goals

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169September 17, 2021 3:31 AM

Health, health, health, darling.

by Anonymousreply 170September 17, 2021 5:08 AM

Followers, followers, followers.

by Anonymousreply 171September 17, 2021 10:56 AM

Hot dudes gonna be hot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172September 17, 2021 11:17 AM

Going to the gym is mandatory

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173September 17, 2021 4:00 PM

The guys that mock going to the gym are usually the ones that have the mental issues. The gym is usually a healthy place, lots of motivated people, lots of nice people. In fact, I've met the nicest people (gay and straight) at the gym. Lots of non gym guys are unmotivated and made it to 40 without any exercise. They're out of shape and are jealous of guys that are in shape so they label going to the gym as "obsessed! Narcissistic!" I have both gym friends and non gym friends and the non gym friends are way more fucked up. Don't kid yourself.

by Anonymousreply 174September 17, 2021 4:34 PM

Fat fugs are mentally ill

Thank you for speaking truth r174

by Anonymousreply 175September 17, 2021 4:49 PM

[quote]Those great bodies allow them access to sex all the time, which probably consists of unprotected sex or sticking their tongue in some stranger's dirty, filthy hole, opening them up to all types of sexual transmitted diseases and making them disease riddled whores.

Tell me you've never fucked a dude without telling me you've never fucked a dude.

by Anonymousreply 176September 17, 2021 4:53 PM

r45 There are websites for that. Stick to hiring actual sex workers for sex work.

by Anonymousreply 177September 17, 2021 5:38 PM

A muscled body is the only way for gay men to prove their masculinity.

by Anonymousreply 178September 17, 2021 6:02 PM

Ok, you are a homophobic troll r178, must be a straight guy or a angry lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 179September 17, 2021 6:04 PM

R178

Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 180September 17, 2021 6:13 PM

FF r178

by Anonymousreply 181September 17, 2021 6:22 PM

R168 Foul mouth.

by Anonymousreply 182September 17, 2021 9:42 PM

[quote]“Thankfully white is no longer the ideal. Color is king.”

Depends on the role.

Top: white, black, middle eastern, latin

Bottom: white, asian

by Anonymousreply 183September 17, 2021 11:40 PM

Strict tops are the Kings, most desired. So that’s what matters

by Anonymousreply 184September 17, 2021 11:42 PM

Beautiful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185September 21, 2021 12:32 AM

[quote] Added bonus to the gym is sauna/steam j/o sessions. It's nice to feel good being naked.

That’s my treat after a good workout. A good steam and rub one out. The muscle twinks can’t seem to get enough of hot daddy seed.

by Anonymousreply 186September 21, 2021 1:27 AM

[quote] It natural for guys to want to look like this, and to seek guys like this.

You mean like this guy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187September 21, 2021 1:35 AM

DL gym goers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188October 7, 2021 12:18 PM

"Bubble butts have increased because of it, though."

Bubble butts are rooted in genetics. People can improve their ass at the gym to a degree, but not as much as people think.

by Anonymousreply 189October 7, 2021 6:44 PM

"Who needs the gym when got 8 inches?"

When you're competing against better bodies with 8 inches.

by Anonymousreply 190October 7, 2021 6:46 PM

R189, unless you have extreme pancake butt genetics, you will have a developed butt of you consistently lift heavy weights for glutes.

by Anonymousreply 191October 7, 2021 7:55 PM

At the very least, you will develop a nice muscle butt

by Anonymousreply 192October 7, 2021 7:55 PM

R191, I'm not arguing that it won't be "developed" or more muscular - but the mouth watering bubble shape and particulars is generally genetic.

by Anonymousreply 193October 7, 2021 7:57 PM

R191 or even just cycling regularly will do it too

by Anonymousreply 194October 7, 2021 8:23 PM

Perhaps a guy like this doesn’t have a big bubble butt, but what he has is hot from lifting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195October 7, 2021 9:22 PM

I don’t care 💪🏽

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196October 9, 2021 2:55 PM

Guys love muscled physiques

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197October 12, 2021 1:54 AM

LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME I WORK OUT 🤡

by Anonymousreply 198October 12, 2021 1:56 AM

Oh, I’m looking and wanking 👀

by Anonymousreply 199October 12, 2021 1:59 AM

….said some gay in 1978.

by Anonymousreply 200October 12, 2021 2:16 AM

Gym is necessary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201October 12, 2021 2:25 AM

Welcome to the Party

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202October 22, 2021 2:42 PM

I have a BMI below 25 and don’t use a gym. I give zero fucks.

by Anonymousreply 203October 22, 2021 2:54 PM

My motivation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204October 23, 2021 3:20 AM

Biggest fear

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205October 23, 2021 5:25 PM

Muscles don't impress me. I'm attracted to a natural, albeit trim, male body.

by Anonymousreply 206October 23, 2021 6:11 PM

R206 took the words out of my mouth. Let’s normalize natural bodies!

by Anonymousreply 207October 23, 2021 6:24 PM

Ideal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208October 23, 2021 6:40 PM

R208 - That dude is disgusting. I bet he smells like protein shake farts and rampant narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 209October 24, 2021 6:46 PM

Oh my gosh he’s sizzling hot! And he knows it

by Anonymousreply 210October 24, 2021 7:18 PM

My bae

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211October 24, 2021 7:18 PM

Who is this moronic troll who keeps spamming DL with Tik Tok?

by Anonymousreply 212October 24, 2021 8:39 PM

I’m only attracted to athletes with fitness model physiques. 💪🏽

by Anonymousreply 213October 24, 2021 9:34 PM

But are those athletes attracted to you r213?

by Anonymousreply 214October 24, 2021 10:23 PM

Who wouldn’t want to look like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215October 26, 2021 3:17 PM

R214, enough have been to keep me happy. The problem is they tend to be mostly straight or heterosexual-slanting bisexuals. Almost all I’ve Ciber with are only infrequently or situationally into dudes

by Anonymousreply 216October 26, 2021 3:19 PM

[quote] The problem is they tend to be mostly straigh....

The problem is they're no different from gorillas.

by Anonymousreply 217October 26, 2021 8:53 PM

Men naturally want to be big and strong

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218October 27, 2021 12:42 AM

R218

But are you? No.

by Anonymousreply 219October 27, 2021 11:47 AM

The nelly queens that regularly work out are still nelly queens at the end of the day. When they open their mouth their purse falls out and my dick gets limp. Give me a regular masculine dude; extreme muscles not required.

by Anonymousreply 220October 27, 2021 12:07 PM

Where your point? Most like dudes who are both jacked/muscled and masculine. Guys like this 👇 are widely considered ideal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221October 27, 2021 12:56 PM

What’s your point? Most like dudes who are both jacked/muscled and masculine. Guys like this 👇 are widely considered ideal.

by Anonymousreply 222October 27, 2021 1:06 PM

R221

It’s hypocritical when you look nothing like that, but you expect all other men to look like that. It’s no wonder you’re single and probably haven’t been fucked in ages. Why don’t you go for those who are actually in your league?

by Anonymousreply 223October 27, 2021 1:12 PM

Let’s simplify this:

Every one needs cardio because you have more energy and have better sex

Tops: Whatever you want

Bottoms: stairclimber, elliptical, rowing

Muscles are nice to look at, but here’s what you need to do for the purposes of attraction and sex

Tops: squats, deadlifts, shoulder press, cable pull downs for your core (strong core, deeper thrust)

Bottoms: squats, leg presses, good girl/bad girly machine,

by Anonymousreply 224October 27, 2021 1:39 PM

I work out for myself. Not others

by Anonymousreply 225October 27, 2021 2:03 PM

Seven years ago, I was a 320 lb blob who was too fat for rides at Universal Studios.

Today, I weigh somewhere around 135 lbs less. I try to do some kind of physical activity every day with a goal of lifting weights for at least five of those.

Someone here said that when I described this as "the best shape of my life" I was being weasel-y. But I am, and when people tell me they find me hot/desirable, I can believe them.

by Anonymousreply 226October 27, 2021 3:02 PM

Good for you VOTN

by Anonymousreply 227October 27, 2021 3:09 PM

R226 - congratulations I guess, but I’ve heard that great big fat people that lose a significant amount of weight still believe in their mind they are fat, and as a result are irreparably damaged people, even with the weight loss.

by Anonymousreply 228October 27, 2021 3:22 PM

Fuck your self r228

by Anonymousreply 229October 27, 2021 3:29 PM

[quote][R226] - congratulations I guess, but I’ve heard that great big fat people that lose a significant amount of weight still believe in their mind they are fat, and as a result are irreparably damaged people, even with the weight loss.

You're welcome to think that when I've got you bent over a desk screaming my name.

by Anonymousreply 230October 27, 2021 3:35 PM

Aesthetics are worth it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231October 28, 2021 11:52 AM

I was skinny in the 1980s. That was acceptable. The pecking order kind of went 1) light muscles/toned, 2) skinny/lean, 3) big muscles 4) fat.

I partnered up during the AIDS years/early 1990s. Got fat by my 10 year HS reunion. Lost weight, joined a gym, was lean and toned by 9/11. Then I got obsessed with the gym and nutrition. I went to the gym every day at one point, spending 60 minutes to 3 hours a day there. I also did a lot of cardio and ate like a horse. My striving to improve my heart rate inspired me to quit smoking at 33. I passed the ACE exam to become a trainer but realized it was more about my education than a career choice. I was into learning about fitness and what my individual body could do.

I achieved a hot body and for the first time in life I turned heads. I began doing things I never would have done before, like taking my shirt off in the park. It was addictive. Bonus: my dick, which was adequate at 7”, now appeared to be huge below my flat abdomen and between my tight thighs.

My partner did not share my enthusiasm for exercise and weightlifting and he never once complimented me. The closest he came was saying “you should wear tighter jeans now, like 7 jeans.” I began responding to the head turning, which coincided with the onset of hook up sites, then apps, and I began cheating. Broke up, met someone else, got married, been together 9 years.

I don’t belong to a gym any more but we have a small home gym (Nordic Track cycle, bench, weight set) which works fine. I am in my early 50s now and I believe 1) that the gym helped got me out of my last relationship by building my confidence and 2) gave me long lasting health benefits.

I am mystified how men today have such muscle mass. I see guys in my neighborhood: 30, 35 and tiny waists and huge biceps and pecs. It’s very hard to stay lean and still have big muscles. My husband tells me it is light steroid/enhancement use. Even at the height of my fitness, it took massive amounts of time and effort for me to achieve less than many guys today. I could never and would never do it again, but I appreciate its role in my development.

by Anonymousreply 232October 28, 2021 12:45 PM

I'm 40. I've always been considered attractive. In the past year, I've gotten super fit. I started showing it off on social media. Suddenly I started gaining a ton of followers. All my pics started getting 1k+ likes easily. These gorgeous men who I consider way out of my league are now sliding into my DM's on the regular. Not gonna lie... it feels pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 233October 28, 2021 12:49 PM

[quote]My partner did not share my enthusiasm for exercise and weightlifting and he never once complimented me.

I know what that's like.

by Anonymousreply 234October 28, 2021 1:19 PM

Oh gosh. Why can’t people here keep topics Current? I really don’t care what was going on way back in the 70s 60s 80s. Try to focus on what’s happening now.

by Anonymousreply 235October 28, 2021 1:29 PM

R233 - Been there, done that. Sadly, you’re attempting to fill a void that will never be satisfied by “likes” and admiration. You need to get to the bottom of your insecurities. You know what they are, now just solve it!

by Anonymousreply 236October 28, 2021 1:30 PM

It's not that mystifying R232

It's just not that sustainable for long periods of time unless that is your actual job (fitness model)

I once dated a guy like that.

He was not using steroids but spent 2-3 hours a day at the gym. Which was not the worst. The worst was that no matter where we were, he had to be concerned about what he was eating. White meat chicken steamed or grilled only, no sauces, spices, Nothing stronger than club soda with lime. Obviously no dessert like objects ever.

I am in shape and pretty health conscious but there were many times I found myself thinking "Chill. A small bite of your sister's birthday cake is not going to erase your six pack."

by Anonymousreply 237October 28, 2021 1:38 PM

[quote]Sadly, you’re attempting to fill a void that will never be satisfied by “likes” and admiration.

Nice analysis, Dr. Freud.

by Anonymousreply 238October 28, 2021 2:37 PM

R238 - Thanks. I thought I was very spot on.

by Anonymousreply 239October 28, 2021 3:58 PM

I work 40 hours per week, and go the gym 1.5 hours each day, five to six times per week. I make a top priority

by Anonymousreply 240October 28, 2021 6:13 PM

R240 - It’s a major red flag if you’re spending that much of your life in the gym. I’m curious as to what issues are you dealing with (or not dealing with) in your life that you are avoiding them with 10 hours per week lifting weights. Tell us more so we can help you.

by Anonymousreply 241October 28, 2021 6:21 PM

I never say this, but R2541, who hurt you?

by Anonymousreply 242October 28, 2021 6:25 PM

I love lifting. It literally feels good, releases endorphins. I love seeing my body transformed for the better and getting stronger. I love the camaraderie with fitness and aesthetics bros, the energy, the scene. I love seeing my friends pumping iron and gymspiring each other. I love listening to music and podcasts while I pump iron.

by Anonymousreply 243October 28, 2021 6:27 PM

Bitter sexless fattie alert at r241

by Anonymousreply 244October 28, 2021 7:07 PM

R235 Please. Tend to your Constant Chronic Halitosis. It should be your priority.

by Anonymousreply 245October 28, 2021 7:07 PM

Orthorexia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246October 30, 2021 1:29 PM

Aesthetics motivate me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247October 30, 2021 6:06 PM

[quote] I'm 40. I've always been considered attractive.

Same. I've just stuck with the recipe that has worked since I was a gayling and the beauty standards of that era - late 90's/early aughts. All American, clean cut, not tats, gym 6 days a week, lean muscle, swim, yoga and sunblock. I have no trouble dating or getting laid. The benefit of the change to diversity models and the super buff, tatted gay culture/porn starts is that the fit, naturally worked out,, clean cut, handsome white boys are now almost fetishized. It's a look that works for me. No matter what, age always trumps beauty, which I am aware, hence never tell your real age or let someone assign an age to you and then just agree with their guess.

I know there are a lot of naysayers here, but aside from the vanity element, I go into a depression if I don't work out after 3 days. Now at 40, I am becoming the person I loathed to ever want to be - someone who works out on vacation. The last few times, I've just indulged for 2 weeks and then feel like shit mentally and psychically when I return home.

by Anonymousreply 248October 31, 2021 4:05 PM

R248, do you actually talk like that? Seriously 😒 ?

by Anonymousreply 249October 31, 2021 4:50 PM

Teach me guru r248

by Anonymousreply 250October 31, 2021 4:55 PM

Yes - it's the reality, R248. I was born and raised in LA. This is how everyone I know talks. Self care, trying to age naturally but still look hot. This is important stuff in the gay community, not just LA.

by Anonymousreply 251November 1, 2021 1:36 AM

Oh god R251 stop! Desperate. And that’s not how most people think in LA or anywhere else that are well adjusted. Why anyone would even come up with a ‘rule’ of not to tell anyone their real age as if that’s a meaningful piece of advice is just so weak.

by Anonymousreply 252November 1, 2021 3:44 AM

Smh

by Anonymousreply 253November 1, 2021 5:24 AM

Sometimes, it just is what it is, R252. Hate the game. Gays are ageists.

by Anonymousreply 254November 2, 2021 3:27 AM

I liked ripped abs

by Anonymousreply 255November 2, 2021 11:35 AM

I like a round, tight ass and a big, thick, cut meaty cock with low hangers.

by Anonymousreply 256November 3, 2021 5:14 AM

I Need a v-shaped muscled physique

by Anonymousreply 257November 3, 2021 5:23 AM

A nice physique is a great thing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258November 6, 2021 2:43 PM

Even straight dudes simp for muscles now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259November 6, 2021 3:21 PM

Perceived physical strength (and athleticism) will always be attractive to most people attracted to males, and muscles Are such an indicator

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260November 7, 2021 1:20 PM

Show off

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261November 7, 2021 11:42 PM

Male Power Fantasy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262November 29, 2021 12:26 PM

Wassup doc

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263November 29, 2021 1:25 PM

Hot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264December 18, 2021 1:51 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 265December 30, 2021 6:58 PM

I did pull-ups for the first time in my life yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 266December 30, 2021 7:01 PM

Cool man! Keep it up

by Anonymousreply 267December 30, 2021 7:02 PM

I imagined hearing Sarah McLachlan singing in the background of OP's post.

by Anonymousreply 268December 30, 2021 7:34 PM

I work out at a local gym for old people, never had an issue. Gym culture sucks I'll give you that. If I see gym pictures at someone's social media is an instant no. My exes went to the gym, none posted online.

by Anonymousreply 269December 30, 2021 7:39 PM

I love gymbro and aesthetics culture. So many hotties flexing. I even get asked to video hot dudes flexing in the underwear in the lockerroom. Drool 💦

by Anonymousreply 270December 30, 2021 8:22 PM

I love all the attention and compliments it get from hot Bros

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271January 21, 2022 1:24 PM

The gym Is fun

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272January 21, 2022 2:36 PM

Why we work out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273January 21, 2022 3:20 PM

Gym is good for physical health and mind

by Anonymousreply 274January 22, 2022 3:06 PM

R274

Why do you ignore the facts posted in this thread? The gym has ruined many gay men especially.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275January 23, 2022 10:36 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 276January 30, 2022 2:42 PM

I was what you call a bear for most of my 20s and early 30s. I'm now fit but I've never been to the gym. I do yoga and I swim.

I never had problem getting laid. I was 6'1 224 most of my 20s and always got laid and had boyfriends. I think you have to hang with the shallowest of people to have problems getting laid.

by Anonymousreply 277January 30, 2022 3:30 PM

You’re Over 30 now man; you should have higher goals in life than getting laid.

by Anonymousreply 278January 30, 2022 4:35 PM

R278 you can have higher goals.... and also get laid as well

by Anonymousreply 279January 31, 2022 8:33 PM

Why not appreciate aesthetics?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280February 2, 2022 8:49 PM

Antidepressant

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281February 2, 2022 9:10 PM

Hey luv! Got news for you. Gay men have been working out in gyms more than their straight counterparts for decades. Why? They care more about the way they look and they tend to have more time- although that’s changing with the advent of same sex marriage and couples raising kids.

Bottom line, luv, not wrong with it. For the most part staying fit is healthy.

Ax to grind?

by Anonymousreply 282February 2, 2022 9:14 PM

You should be more tired of gay men obsessed with drag queens and being anti-social gaymers or any number of other things.

Sounds like you're uncomfortable with your body image and what you have/haven't done about it.

by Anonymousreply 283February 2, 2022 9:51 PM

Amen bruh

by Anonymousreply 284February 2, 2022 10:08 PM

Beautiful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285February 5, 2022 2:17 PM

Honestly, this is a problem with straight/bi men too, or so I’ve observed. Just a creepy and consuming antisocial fixation on physical appearance, while neglecting to attend to psychological health or creative intelligence or proper relationship-building.

by Anonymousreply 286February 5, 2022 3:03 PM

The gym is often a coping mechanism and therapy for other issues

by Anonymousreply 287February 5, 2022 3:17 PM

OP needs to go to therapy instead of posting here.

by Anonymousreply 288February 5, 2022 4:38 PM

OP, that's like saying bars are the reason some people are alcoholics or restaurants are the reason some people are obese.

by Anonymousreply 289February 5, 2022 4:39 PM

My favorite place

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290March 25, 2022 11:31 AM

The OP’s seething unfuckable fat outrage is delicious

by Anonymousreply 291March 25, 2022 12:31 PM

Bumped

by Anonymousreply 292April 25, 2022 3:08 AM

R88, We call those. bisexual cunts, they are not gay.

by Anonymousreply 293April 25, 2022 8:56 AM

It's funny--there are several variations of this thread that will get bumped up from time to time..

Nothing new is ever said on any of them.

by Anonymousreply 294April 25, 2022 9:08 AM

Gymbros rock

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295April 27, 2022 1:11 AM

[quote] There's nothing wrong with being fit and healthy.

But the definition of "fit" shouldn't be looking muscular like you go to a gym 5 or 6 times a week. This is a hot kid in the 70s. Probably surfed and rode a skateboard but never went to a gym.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296April 27, 2022 1:43 AM

R296, there you go again Stuck in the 70s, fixated on a time that will Never return. Snap out of it, bruh!

by Anonymousreply 297April 27, 2022 3:09 AM

I love the gym!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298June 26, 2022 2:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299June 26, 2022 2:56 PM

Stop 🛑

by Anonymousreply 300June 26, 2022 2:58 PM

Gymspiration

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301July 3, 2022 1:01 AM

Yummmm

by Anonymousreply 302July 3, 2022 12:17 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 303July 28, 2022 4:23 PM

I’ve been going to gyms and working out my entire life. One of the best things I’ve done for myself. Chill out OP and pay attention to your own health and well being. This is not a problem for most who work out and exercise regularly.

by Anonymousreply 304July 28, 2022 4:33 PM

Gym is great

by Anonymousreply 305July 28, 2022 4:50 PM

Crushin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306July 29, 2022 3:56 PM

Transformation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307September 26, 2022 12:53 PM

Note Carter Kale's strategically placed female, so there would be no question that although he was into his body, he was heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 308September 26, 2022 1:28 PM

Ok that's fine Op, but then do not expect these guys to date you. I'm so sick of guys who don't want to work out, they might be plainly attractive, but then expect to pull 9s and 10s. And don't expect these guys to fuck you either unless you have the $$$$.

Also what gyms are giving to right wing charities. That's just bizarre. What are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 309September 26, 2022 1:34 PM

Carter Kale is openly nonstraight

by Anonymousreply 310September 26, 2022 1:44 PM

Well that was a major screw up on my part.

Bad to assume.. He just seemed so BRO-ish.

Mea culpa.

by Anonymousreply 311September 26, 2022 2:15 PM

I have a friend who has been a gym regular for years. He never was very attractive, and still isn't, but a nice guy. He always sends me pictures of guys with gym bodies but I don't find most of them attractive. I like a guy who has some muscles as long as they're not stupid-looking or ridiculous, but I also like guys without muscles who are fit and attractive. The guys in R11 are not really great examples, because guys who don't lift weights can have much nicer bodies than that. However I found the picture refreshing.

by Anonymousreply 312September 26, 2022 2:18 PM

Even the gym didn’t increase my chances of getting laid. If you’re ugly you’re ugly.

by Anonymousreply 313September 26, 2022 2:29 PM

Hot fit man, R296. I’m a millennial and much prefer that naturally lean 70s aesthetic. Thanks for the pic— I’m sure his front end is just as good if not better :p

by Anonymousreply 314September 26, 2022 2:32 PM

Not me dude . I like em swole And buff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315September 27, 2022 11:31 AM

R313

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. Seriously.

There are many gay guys whose experience has always been that the better looking the guy was, the more boring the sex was. Conversely, some guys who might be considered unattractive were the best sex.

I do understand that nowadays, apps that have replaced a bar make it difficult to get by on personality. Which is, I think, how I got laid - personality. (That, and I looked great in a three-piece suit which was a thing years ago in bars on the way home from work.) Today, with no body and being maybe a 4 or 5 and old, I'd be up shit's creek.

But that's a lot of us. Not just you.

by Anonymousreply 316September 27, 2022 1:05 PM

[quote]and I looked great in a three-piece suit which was a thing years ago in bars on the way home from work.

Was this the 1960s r316?

by Anonymousreply 317September 27, 2022 1:14 PM

R317

No, it was the mid-late 80s and early 90s..

'Rascals' in DC on Connecticut Ave NW, as one example.

by Anonymousreply 318September 27, 2022 1:29 PM

Although this thread is over a year old, it keeps popping up every few months or so

by Anonymousreply 319September 27, 2022 1:31 PM

“ Who needs the gym when got 8 inches?"

Oh god, this line 🙄 how often does that work in reality? While I’d be admittedly turned off by a smaller than average dick, a huge one almost never compensates for a bad body and or meh face. Much rather would take an average dick paired with a great bod and handsome mug.

by Anonymousreply 320September 27, 2022 1:49 PM

R319, so? There are active threads from over a decade ago

by Anonymousreply 321September 27, 2022 2:18 PM

Think of all the good things people could be doing if they weren't spending hours every week in a gym.

by Anonymousreply 322September 27, 2022 4:52 PM

The gym is a good thing

by Anonymousreply 323September 28, 2022 11:59 AM

You need to work out to get hotties

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324September 30, 2022 7:26 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 325October 1, 2022 9:40 AM

Why wouldn't dudes want to look Like this????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326December 11, 2022 9:15 AM

Moderation is key. Moobies bad, a cot in the gym is narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 327December 11, 2022 9:16 AM

No, fitness is wonderful. And it looks so hot. More!

by Anonymousreply 328December 11, 2022 9:18 AM

R326

YOU don’t even look like that.

by Anonymousreply 329December 11, 2022 10:07 AM

I look like a gym bro. Those dudes are goals

by Anonymousreply 330December 11, 2022 10:11 AM

I just came from that Sam Smith thread, and that was gymspiration enough for at least the rest of the year.

by Anonymousreply 331December 11, 2022 10:14 AM

I agree with the point of owners taking our money and use it to stab us in the back by donating to right wing politicians and homophobic causes.

I think the main problem with "toxic gym culture" are the unhealthy shortcuts (like steroids).

I might be alone with this, but I think vanity and narcissism can be good in healthy doses, meaning that you want to look good and healthy for yourself. Be your best and healthiest version for yourself and figure out what that means for you and not listen to others what and how you are supposed to be (like becoming some roided out muscle queen).

A healthy body and immune system can fight off most viral infections and provides us with the stamina and energy to deal with some challenges life throws at us.

Of course, becoming one's best self involves one's mental health as well.

by Anonymousreply 332December 11, 2022 10:49 AM

I love it that so many hot nongay dudes are fixated on the gym and being social media thirst traps. So many got bros to chase

by Anonymousreply 333December 11, 2022 2:08 PM

So many hot bros to chase 🏃

by Anonymousreply 334December 11, 2022 2:09 PM

Why wouldn’t men want to have hot physiques?

by Anonymousreply 335December 20, 2022 1:43 PM

Hey OP, men, gay and straight, who are obsessed with body building and the gym has been around for decades, or longer. Obsessive disorders are akin to addiction and part of the human condition.

by Anonymousreply 336December 20, 2022 2:01 PM

They're the ones going to the gym, and you're tired?

by Anonymousreply 337December 20, 2022 8:30 PM

Hehe

by Anonymousreply 338December 20, 2022 9:04 PM

Once again, DataLounge answers itself:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339December 20, 2022 9:51 PM

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 340December 20, 2022 10:54 PM

A thread about gym-obsession next to a thread about a gym bunny obsessor, idiot.

by Anonymousreply 341December 20, 2022 10:55 PM

The best asses are not necessarily made in the gym, assclown

by Anonymousreply 342December 20, 2022 10:58 PM

No, some assholes are made at birth, like idiot R340 / R342.

by Anonymousreply 343December 20, 2022 11:41 PM

Why don't you just take care of yourself, OP, and not try to tell the rest of everyone how to live?

You'll find that peace you're looking for.

by Anonymousreply 344December 21, 2022 3:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!