Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Wisconsin GOP State Senator Railed Against Vax, Caught COVID, Then Hid It From Dem Colleagues

A Republican state senator who has proven to be one of Wisconsin’s most virulent critics of mask and vaccine mandates became sick enough to be hospitalized last week after contracting COVID-19, his office confirmed to The Daily Beast.

What’s more, a possibly infectious Sen. André Jacque, who testified maskless during a Joint Senate and Assembly Education Committee meeting last Wednesday at the statehouse in Madison, neglected to inform his colleagues about their potential exposure—and they’re not happy.

In an email sent Monday evening to a reporter at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Jacque said he and “some of my family” tested positive for COVID at the end of last week. Jacque, a father of six with a new baby, sought treatment on Monday at the hospital for pneumonia, but said he did not know when he contracted the virus.

“At the time I tested positive, I was largely asymptomatic with the exception of fatigue, which I had been feeling more of since the baby arrived,” Jacque wrote in the email, a copy of which Jacque’s communications director provided to The Daily Beast in lieu of a statement or comment.

“Fatigue has been a long-standing health concern of mine but otherwise I had good health readings when I tested positive. My office has been following all protocols and I personally reached out to the limited number of close contacts from last week in case I was positive at the time. I do not believe any of my staff or close contacts are experiencing symptoms. Unfortunately, I am now at the hospital with pneumonia, which I have had previously. I do not have further information to share at this point.”

Jacque, who in April introduced legislation to prohibit Wisconsin businesses from asking for proof of vaccination, has so far refused to say whether or not he is vaccinated.

The number of COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations in Wisconsin has spiked for the first time since vaccines became available, as the state, along with the rest of the U.S., contends with the highly infectious Delta variant. As of Aug. 11, Wisconsin had 10 times more new COVID-19 cases than it did just a month ago, and six times as many COVID hospitalizations, according to state health officials. On Monday, the state’s seven-day average of positive cases hit its highest level since February, with some 660 people hospitalized.

But even though Jacque claimed to have notified a small handful of people about his positive COVID status, he didn’t act quickly enough and is still keeping crucial information from colleagues who were potentially exposed, a number of Jacque’s fellow legislators allege.

“I can tell you, I was pissed,” Sen. Chris Larson (D-Milwaukee) told The Daily Beast. “There were murmurs of this since Friday, that Jacque had gotten a positive test, which means that he had to have had it three or four days before the symptoms showed up and he got a test. So we have been waiting for confirmation, but the committee chairman says he doesn’t think [Jacque] had it on Wednesday, so he doesn’t have to notify anybody—they have a colleague who was in the hospital, and they’re still shrugging it off.”

Wisconsin Republicans are “still following the pied piper in pretending that this is nothing, and that nobody should have to take any precautions,” continued Larson, who was at the meeting at which a possibly infectious Jacque appeared without a mask, “and anybody doing the responsible thing is somehow ‘showing weakness.’”

State Sen. LaTonya Johnson, a Democrat, told the Journal Sentinel that she also had not been informed through official channels that she may have been exposed to COVID by Jacque.

In photos posted to Facebook throughout the pandemic, Jacque can be seen both masked and unmasked. In a statement issued Tuesday, the Wisconsin State Senate Democratic Committee said its members’ thoughts are with Jacque as he recovers, but that it is “unfortunate” that Jacque has “resisted common sense measures” meant to protect himself and others from COVID.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 19, 2021 4:40 PM

To date, COVID has claimed the lives of 8,324 Wisconsinites. And Larson, a father of two and an accomplished marathoner, can’t help but feel frustrated about Jacque’s behavior.

“So many of us have been trying to spread the truth, and not allow the virus to get out of control,” he told The Daily Beast. “And he and so many other legislators have been pushing in the opposite direction, making it easier for the virus to spread, trying to stigmatize mask wearing, trying to stigmatize vaccinations. This was entirely preventable, and I don’t know how many people were put needlessly at risk because of one person being so careless and reckless.”

by Anonymousreply 1August 17, 2021 11:06 PM

Look at this fucker!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 17, 2021 11:07 PM

He Jacqued off earlier, mein Fuhrer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 17, 2021 11:07 PM

Why are they almost always obese?! That in itself is a comorbidity.

by Anonymousreply 4August 17, 2021 11:10 PM

As a fatty he is in a particularly tough position.

by Anonymousreply 5August 17, 2021 11:13 PM

God what an unsightly creature.

by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2021 11:14 PM

Covid likes great big fat people!

by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2021 11:16 PM

Die fucker die!

by Anonymousreply 8August 17, 2021 11:16 PM

Eeeew. That ugly dude is a walking underlying health condition.

by Anonymousreply 9August 17, 2021 11:18 PM

[quote] That ugly dude is a walking underlying health condition.

I doubt he walks much.

by Anonymousreply 10August 17, 2021 11:19 PM

Idiots elected that deplorable blob.

by Anonymousreply 11August 17, 2021 11:25 PM

Dont you ever quit Covid, finish your job!

by Anonymousreply 12August 17, 2021 11:26 PM

We shouldn't hate on him because he's fat. I would be much more concerned if he had no comorbidities. Do your stuff, virus.

by Anonymousreply 13August 17, 2021 11:36 PM

Sexy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 17, 2021 11:38 PM

I didn't realize whales could live in freshwater and beach themselves in Wisconsin.

Just how deep IS Lake Superior, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 15August 17, 2021 11:47 PM

Another obese unvaccinated fuck-- who cares?

by Anonymousreply 16August 17, 2021 11:55 PM

he's a total fug. If he's ends up needing ventliaton, a doctor might dread intubating that huge fucker.

by Anonymousreply 17August 18, 2021 12:10 AM

How did the virus penetrate those layers of fat?

by Anonymousreply 18August 18, 2021 12:17 AM

What an asshole exposing everyone like that.

by Anonymousreply 19August 18, 2021 12:24 AM

Maybe now he’ll lose a pound or a hundred.

by Anonymousreply 20August 18, 2021 12:25 AM

R20 Amy Slaton got COVID and not only survived but managed to add another 50 pounds on top of the 600 or so she already had

by Anonymousreply 21August 18, 2021 12:40 AM

I agree that you all are missing the point.

He IS gross, but R19 is right. The biggest problem is how he knowingly put everyone else he came into contact with, IN DANGER.

Because he's a selfish fuck!

by Anonymousreply 22August 18, 2021 2:30 AM

"especially in his age group and in his, shall we say, weight group -- what is it, morbidly obese they say."

Translation = he's a fat fuck and could die.

Speaker Pelosi was talking about the other fat fuck, Donald Trump, but it also applies to this loser.

by Anonymousreply 23August 18, 2021 2:35 AM

That's a big bitch.

by Anonymousreply 24August 18, 2021 2:48 AM

Who would willingly get inseminated by that pig 6 times???

by Anonymousreply 25August 18, 2021 2:55 AM

COVID-19 is the Buffalo Bill of viruses.

by Anonymousreply 26August 18, 2021 2:58 AM

[quote] COVID-19 is the Buffalo Bill of viruses.

It skins its humps?

by Anonymousreply 27August 18, 2021 3:06 AM

R27 It like em roomy, big through the hips.

by Anonymousreply 28August 18, 2021 3:07 AM

I used to think Wisconsin was a nice, liberal state.

But just knowing it's the home of Scott Walker and this asshole, is all I need to know about the state of Wisconsin.

Blech.

by Anonymousreply 29August 18, 2021 6:35 AM

R26, would you F it? I'd F you.

by Anonymousreply 30August 18, 2021 11:57 AM

[quote]I used to think Wisconsin was a nice, liberal state.

Nah, that's just Madison. Outside of major cities and certain college towns Middle America is pretty reactionary.

by Anonymousreply 31August 18, 2021 2:22 PM

Someone posted this on the Phil Valentine DEAD thread, so I'm reposting it here.

Looks like Jacque is now on a ventilator.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 25, 2021 2:06 AM

COVID-19 is the original chubby chaser.

by Anonymousreply 33August 25, 2021 2:11 AM

Our Hefty Hideaway girl is now on a ventilator.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 25, 2021 2:12 AM

May he die a slow, painful death.

by Anonymousreply 35August 25, 2021 2:12 AM

Dead yet? He's from De Pere, WI? That is a hateful, dull as fuck town.

by Anonymousreply 36August 25, 2021 2:14 AM

Is ventilator worse than intubator?

by Anonymousreply 37August 25, 2021 2:15 AM

I'm Team Pierre Jacque.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 25, 2021 2:18 AM

Is he related to Jacques Cousteau?

by Anonymousreply 39August 25, 2021 2:19 AM

[quote]In elementary school, my Grandma Jacque died. It was a two hour car ride to the funeral and my brother made a mix tape for the ride. It was 1995 and Batman Forever had just come out. The mix he made was only one song. Seal’s Kiss From A Rose, over and over again. Classic André.

[quote]A couple years ago I bought the soundtrack on vinyl so I could play it and rib him about that someday. Now I’m hoping it’s not at his own funeral. Now I hope he gets better so that I can explain to him that whole song is about cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 40August 25, 2021 2:20 AM

Still in the hospital, a month later

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 18, 2021 7:12 PM

He is morbidly obese. It seems unlikely he will survive, doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 42September 18, 2021 7:15 PM

Stop trying to save the whale.

by Anonymousreply 43September 18, 2021 7:17 PM

Oh, yeah, he a chunker.

by Anonymousreply 44September 18, 2021 7:20 PM

Wait, how old was this guy? He was a teen when Batman Forever came out? So he’s a millennial? I thought this fat fuck was way way older.

by Anonymousreply 45September 18, 2021 7:29 PM

It goes in through the mouth, R18.

by Anonymousreply 46September 18, 2021 7:33 PM

Can anyone he gave Covid to after he knew he was positive sue him?

by Anonymousreply 47September 18, 2021 8:13 PM

40 years old, 6 kids including an infant, morbidly obese, morally bankrupt.

by Anonymousreply 48September 18, 2021 8:33 PM

As an obese, parasitical anti masker-vaxxer he's not only taking away a hospital bed from someone else: from the looks of him they'll have to park his fat ass in the equivalent of three beds!

by Anonymousreply 49September 18, 2021 8:34 PM

How is this disgusting pig not dead yet? And yes, he and his family should be sued by all the people he exposed.

by Anonymousreply 50September 18, 2021 8:39 PM

[quote] How is this disgusting pig not dead yet?

He's probably holding on with every fiber of his being, so he can "own the libs."

by Anonymousreply 51September 18, 2021 8:45 PM

If, big fat if, he survives this he'll have to relearn how to walk, talk and swallow. Guess which one he'll focus on

by Anonymousreply 52September 18, 2021 8:53 PM

Walking.

by Anonymousreply 53September 18, 2021 9:08 PM

Baby. Penis.

by Anonymousreply 54September 18, 2021 10:17 PM

[quote]As a fatty he is in a particularly tough position.

[quote]—Chris Christy

Given his weight, there aren't that many positions he can get in.

by Anonymousreply 55September 18, 2021 10:23 PM

r47, Anyone can sue anyone else for anything... but the burden of proof remains with the person bringing the case. It would be scientifically impossible to prove that they got Covid from him...

by Anonymousreply 56September 18, 2021 10:52 PM

Now I'm worried about Li'l Briscoe Cain, Texas Representative and Ex-Gay extraordinaire. Anyone heard whether he's vaccinated?

by Anonymousreply 57September 18, 2021 11:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 19, 2021 1:16 AM

His wife is telling people to get vaxxed. She says that 6 of the family got Covid but three of the family members were vaxxed. So she and a couple of the older children had the brains to save themselves.

by Anonymousreply 59September 19, 2021 2:06 AM

WTG with that “breaking news,” r58.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 60September 19, 2021 11:12 AM

Dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 61September 19, 2021 2:51 PM

Everyone I've met from Wisconsin has been obese.

by Anonymousreply 62September 19, 2021 3:04 PM

I guess he's no longer refusing a mask now, since the one he has on is keeping his jabba body alive. Funny how that goes. I feel sorry for the orderlies who have to lift his lardass so he doesn't get pressure sores. Don't throw out your backs, fellas! This tub of shit ain't worth it.

by Anonymousreply 63September 19, 2021 3:12 PM

[quote]Everyone I've met from Wisconsin has been obese.

It's the cheese.

by Anonymousreply 64September 19, 2021 4:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!