Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Grace and Frankie’ season 7 official thread

I am about to start it, and can’t tell you how excited I am! I missed this show! Frankie is my spirit animal. Love her so much.

Here’s the trailer for anyone who hasn’t seen it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 20, 2023 8:26 PM

PS it dropped on Netflix today.

by Anonymousreply 1August 13, 2021 5:35 PM

I watched the first 2 or 3 episodes way back when and remained bored and stone-faced. Did it get better?

by Anonymousreply 2August 13, 2021 5:47 PM

R2 much

by Anonymousreply 3August 13, 2021 5:49 PM

Only the first four episodes dropped. The rest won't be available until next year.

by Anonymousreply 4August 13, 2021 6:31 PM

I can't believe this piece of shit is still around. HORRIBLE show.

by Anonymousreply 5August 13, 2021 6:32 PM

Are the ex-husbands still completely unbelievable as gay men? I love June Diane Raphael and Ethan Embry is still cute but that's not enough to watch this past whatever season they invented dildoes for old ladies.

by Anonymousreply 6August 13, 2021 6:46 PM

I do enjoy the joy and love the 4 main leads and the supporting cast. I binged it when I first discovered it and followed ever since.

by Anonymousreply 7August 14, 2021 12:15 AM

I thought it was already over. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 8August 14, 2021 12:18 AM

Are they still up to their queerbaiting?

by Anonymousreply 9August 14, 2021 7:34 AM

They still are. If Grace and Frankie aren't endgame, that show will be one of the biggest queerbaiting shows of all time. I expect more from Jane and Lily.

by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2021 4:14 PM

I love this show. Easy breezy viewing for when I want something lite.

by Anonymousreply 11August 14, 2021 8:18 PM

They're bringing in Dolly for a guest starring role this season ... why not bring back Dabney Coleman? He's only five years older than Jane and is still with us.

by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2021 8:55 PM

I've been binge watching over and over for months. I was shocked to find the first 4 of season 7 and so far just watching episode 1. Is it me or is Jane Fonda's face starting to look like Carol Burnett . Does she get work done between every season? I think in her own way Tomlin looks better. I have to say physically, in real life, I think Tomlin is in much better condition. You can see the way they both move. The men are in really good shape for their ages.

I didn't even bother to get Netflix until I was home all the time because of Covid and when I did I fell in love with this show. Now I watch it as background sound while I surf because I saw it so many times I know what's going on on the screen. I only need the sound.

On my TV I'm binging Weeds on Roku but shit, it has commercials every 5 minutes and there seems to be no way you can pay your way out of seeing the commercials. I saw Weeds yrs ago when I had Showtime. It's better than I remember at least the first few seasons. Then it gets really stupid, but still watchable.

Why on earth is there such a big gap with season 7 of G&F? Did they stop filming because of Covid?

by Anonymousreply 13August 16, 2021 2:25 AM

Yes, R13 it was Covid related.

I read that they had the first four shows in the can and then had to stop because of the pandemic. The rest of the (final!) season will not be out until 2022.

by Anonymousreply 14August 16, 2021 2:29 AM

Thanks for the info R14. I can't say I blame them. I almost never leave my apartment nevertheless go to work closely with other people without being able to wear a mask. And the main four are about 80 or older.

by Anonymousreply 15August 16, 2021 2:33 AM

I hope the rest of the season is better than the first 4. Oy.

by Anonymousreply 16August 16, 2021 2:36 AM

I like that the four main leads are living in the same house. I think they play well off each other.

by Anonymousreply 17August 17, 2021 9:32 PM

Love this series!

by Anonymousreply 18August 17, 2021 9:43 PM

R16, are you lacking for activities? I can't imagine going to a thread where I hated the show season after season, and wasting my time.

It sounds like the show is ending because Netflix is cancelling it. The showrunner is ready to move on as well. I'll miss it.

by Anonymousreply 19August 17, 2021 9:57 PM

I imagine this show is like watching corpses wearing make-up.

by Anonymousreply 20August 17, 2021 10:01 PM

This show SUCKS

by Anonymousreply 21August 17, 2021 10:11 PM

Watched the first ep. Seems to have degenerated into silly slapstick.

by Anonymousreply 22September 9, 2021 4:42 PM

I love all four leads and the supporting characters.

Every time I come to a cross walk on my walk, I remember the episode where Frankie lobbied the City Council to increase the crossing time. She got a bunch of senior citizens with wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, etc. to demonstrate that more time was needed.

Like another poster, I found the show shortly after subscribing to Netflix and binge-watched whatever was available. I may wait until 2022 so that I can watch the entire series from start to finish.

by Anonymousreply 23September 9, 2021 5:02 PM

Should I be excited? I don't know. I think jane and Lily were amazing. So overall I really enjoyed G&F so far but I was almost tearing my eyebrows out watching Sam Waterston assault his every scene with his shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 24September 9, 2021 5:20 PM

June Diane Raphael is fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 25September 13, 2021 8:47 PM

Like a lot of Netflix shows, this one started out strong, funny, ridiculously entertaining, and is now slowly nosediving into mediocrity.

I believe this may be the last season too. I can't see much more happening with this group of people. However, I will continue to watch until the bitter end out of a sense of loyalty.

by Anonymousreply 26September 13, 2021 8:56 PM

This show has become unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 27September 15, 2021 1:03 AM

I don't have Netflix, either.

by Anonymousreply 28September 15, 2021 1:45 AM

It IS the last season guys. Lmao.

by Anonymousreply 29September 15, 2021 1:48 AM

Just watched the first two episodes of Season 7. Very much enjoyed them, but, if I had my way, Grace's female daughters would disappear. Brief interactions with the 4 main characters are fine, but I really found any of the children's story lines over the seasons to be boring. Fonda and Tomlin are both icons and won't be around forever. Looking forward to Dolly Parton's appearance as well.

It makes sense for Netflix to greatly extend the season. I have seen everything I like on there, but one other show. After I finish G&F, it may be time to cut Netflix and put the funds toward another subscription. Others may feel the same way. I definitely want to see the reworked Bosch from IMBD.

by Anonymousreply 30September 19, 2021 6:38 PM

Episode 5 to be released on April 29.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 9, 2022 7:19 AM

I kept Netflix just for G&F. I was holding on for season 7. I watched the first 4 and they sucked. All it took was the price increase for me to finally get rid of Netflix. When the entire rest of the 7th season is there I might join just to see how it ends, even if it sucks and then cancel again. I'm not going to keep paying while Netflix drags this out with one episode every 6 months or so. Fuck that. What I do admire is what great shape Fonda and Tomlin are in for their ages. Sure their faces have been done and there might me a few joint replacements here and there but still they are in terrific shape. I wish I would be that able to get around at their ages.

by Anonymousreply 32April 9, 2022 7:56 PM

Grace's female daughters, R30? What other kinds of daughters does she have?

by Anonymousreply 33May 9, 2022 6:23 AM

I like the show. It is time for it to end, though. I'm not that excited. My party favor will only blowout halfway for this 6 episode dropping.

by Anonymousreply 34May 9, 2022 6:51 AM

Well, what's wrong with THAT, R20? - Naomi J., recently of the planet Earth

by Anonymousreply 35May 9, 2022 10:39 AM

What is going on with Grace’s hair? It looks like she was dipped in a bowl of flour.

by Anonymousreply 36May 11, 2022 1:01 AM

I watched the final episodes and then went back to the first season. Much better show back then, and both actresses look MUCH better without all of the “improvements”

by Anonymousreply 37May 11, 2022 3:31 AM

Reply 36 got me to laugh.

by Anonymousreply 38May 13, 2022 3:44 AM

So what was the point of the toilet? Spent all those episodes on it and there’s no pay off!

by Anonymousreply 39May 13, 2022 4:05 AM

I think it was only to show they weren't one trick ponies.

by Anonymousreply 40May 13, 2022 4:06 AM

Are the husbands still banging each other?

by Anonymousreply 41May 13, 2022 4:45 AM

Well this season has been a maudlin mess, especially trying to wring sympathy for that one daughter who lost her job, she’s been acid from the start.

by Anonymousreply 42June 7, 2022 1:27 PM

Supposedly Brianna is supposed to get a spin off. I’d only be interested if Grace and Frankie appeared regularly.

by Anonymousreply 43June 7, 2022 10:21 PM

I care so little about the final season after watching the first 4 episodes that I've given up Netflix. So not worth the money. I spent months paying for it and not watching a damn thing. Nothing that I wanted to see including G&F.

by Anonymousreply 44June 8, 2022 1:33 AM

So maybe some spoiler alert posts after it is over. I'll miss most of Season 7 and I'm done with Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 45June 10, 2022 11:20 PM

R43 I was hoping the offspring - especially Brianna- would get a spinoff. I'd watch a show about those 4 with hopefully, occasional cameos from the former leads.

Late to the party but I finished season 7 last night. I loved that Grace & Frankie chose each other as "hetero" life partners. Robert's memory loss issue was touching in the last season, too.

The toilet nothingburger got on my nerves.

by Anonymousreply 46December 20, 2023 8:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!