Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Chief's Collapse Is Complete: Doom Patrol Season 3

Looks like we're getting The Brotherhood of Dada and I can't wait.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 3, 2022 6:08 PM

Longer trailer.

Am I the only one here who still cares about this show?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 5, 2021 3:27 PM

I wanted to like this more than I did, but the focus on Crazy Jane got to be really tedious.

by Anonymousreply 2September 5, 2021 3:34 PM

Season 3 has been great so far. I’m very much enjoying the addition of Michelle Gomez as Madame Rouge to the cast.

It seems like they’ve demoted the actress playing Dorothy Spinner to recurring status, which is absolutely fine by me. The actress is great in the role but the character is annoying. Unfortunately they’ve replaced her by bumping up another young teen character (Kay Challis) who is not very interesting.

April Bowlby (Rita) continues to be the MVP in my opinion. I agree that the Crazy Jane character is tedious and not very likable.

This show is so much more enjoyable than Titans, which keep trying to watch (loved the Wolfman/Perez comic series!) but I find it too downbeat with zero humor. The cinematography of Titans - which I refer to as “Vancouver Grey” - is so dreary.

by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2021 6:04 PM

The whole Zombie Patrol episode was so twisted in a hilarious way. "Why yes, I want you to eat my brain!".

[quote] I’m very much enjoying the addition of Michelle Gomez as Madame Rouge to the cast.

Loved Jane name dropping Doctor Who at some point. Michelle played Missy (female Master) on Doctor Who.

I guess Rita does become a time traveller and it fucks with her mind and memory (it was probably Rita, not Michelle's character, we saw in the first episode of season three with the townie falling to her death).

Loved the spooky DaDa Sisterhood film reel with the interpretive dance.

by Anonymousreply 4October 12, 2021 6:21 PM

We can now honestly say Doom Patrol showed ass-eating.

I loved the first Brotherhood of Dada story in the comics and I cannot wait to see what the show will do with the idea.

by Anonymousreply 5October 12, 2021 9:09 PM

I quite like the latest episode that features the backstory of the Sisterhood of Da-Da.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2021 3:08 PM

Rita is the star of this season. The other characters are going through the same ‘ol shit, but they gave Rita an interesting storyline this time.

Cliff in particular is a disappointment. His character is such an oaf that it’s hard to feel any sympathy for him. Jane’s storyline may be interesting on paper but I get tired of the scenes involving the underground. And the plot regarding Larry’s family has been played out.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2021 9:09 PM

I thought Season 3 was the best one, but this scene from S1 is still my favorite!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 3, 2022 2:56 AM

Any hope that Larry will get a real gay relationship in Season 4 since he has accepted his sexuality now?

by Anonymousreply 9April 3, 2022 4:44 PM

Thanks for alerting us OP, I had no idea that S3 had dropped.

Michelle Gomez improves anything she's in- Dr. Who, Sabrina, and now Doom Patrol.

by Anonymousreply 10April 3, 2022 6:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!