Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mike Richards in Advanced Negotiations to Become Permanent Host of ‘Jeopardy!’ (EXCLUSIVE)

What think DATA LOUNGE?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454August 20, 2021 9:21 PM

Sexually ambiguous.

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2021 11:39 PM

new host. who dis?

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2021 11:40 PM

His hair has been…enhanced.

by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2021 11:43 PM

He's blandly cute and likable. He's much more experienced and qualified, and more age appropriate, than LeVar Roots Burton.

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2021 11:45 PM

I thought he was very charming, especially following the physically tainted Jennings. But, still lacking the spark Alex had.

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2021 11:45 PM

He has had game show MC experience before and it showed during his performance. And, he has a nice smile.

by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2021 11:46 PM

I'm surprised he was given a second chance after that "N" word incident.

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2021 11:47 PM

R7 Details???

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2021 11:50 PM

There was never any auditioning going on these past few months…they’ve always known who would take over…it’s too much a cash cow to have a toss-up.

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2021 11:51 PM

Does anyone else find this suspicious: "Richards, who joined the show just last year as executive producer", now replaces Alex? They knew Alex was dying when this new producer, with two game show hosting jobs under his belt, just shows up... and ends up getting the job?

I think he is right for the job, but... who did he blow? Is there fuckery involved?

by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2021 11:53 PM

R8, R7 is talking about Seinfeld's Michael Richards.

by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2021 11:57 PM

Oh, and sizemeat?

by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2021 11:57 PM

R11. Thanks…it’s been a long day.

by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2021 11:58 PM

I'm really surprised, I had heard that Ken Jennings was set from the beginning and they were just waiting till the cycle of guest hosts ended to announce him. I wish he had gotten the job, but that said, I liked this guy also and I think he'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 14August 5, 2021 12:02 AM

Bring back Art Fleming

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 5, 2021 12:05 AM

Since Ken is already on the show as a consultant, I wouldn't be surprised if he moved into the producer spot. Best for everyone all around and we don't have to look at Jennings.

by Anonymousreply 16August 5, 2021 12:06 AM

I'm sorry, R13. I thought everyone would've gotten it. I don't know who this guy is and I don't watch Jeopardy. "Kramer" is who came to mind when I saw the name.

by Anonymousreply 17August 5, 2021 12:11 AM

What was auditioning all those other hosts about most of whom were celebrities?

by Anonymousreply 18August 5, 2021 12:12 AM

Learn English, R18.

by Anonymousreply 19August 5, 2021 12:13 AM

A white, cis male? Literal violence

by Anonymousreply 20August 5, 2021 12:14 AM

Do we believe the outraged Burton fans are regular viewers?

by Anonymousreply 21August 5, 2021 12:15 AM

R19. Stick it up your ass.

by Anonymousreply 22August 5, 2021 12:20 AM

r17 Who's Kramer?

by Anonymousreply 23August 5, 2021 12:23 AM

We’ll never get another Alex. He was definitely one of the most capable of the guest hosts, though I like the guy they have this week even better.

by Anonymousreply 24August 5, 2021 12:25 AM

I think all the guest celebrities were just a tribute to Alex and a way to keep people interested until the show got their shit together. It now appears Mike Richards was the apparent heir all the time. The pieces of the puzzle are falling together.

by Anonymousreply 25August 5, 2021 12:26 AM

[quote] Do we believe the outraged Burton fans are regular viewers?

No, they’re deranged Reading Rainbow and Star Trek nerds, definitely not Jeopardy viewers.

by Anonymousreply 26August 5, 2021 12:29 AM

R21 no. It was a bunch of hipster assholes who claim they watch Jeopardy but actually do not.

by Anonymousreply 27August 5, 2021 12:30 AM

Perfect choice! I was so afraid it would be that Mayim cunt.

by Anonymousreply 28August 5, 2021 12:34 AM

Jennings appears smug and a try hard. The smugness is common amongst those who practice his religion.

by Anonymousreply 29August 5, 2021 12:34 AM

[quote]Bring back Art Fleming

Not sure how he would be able to host from his grave.🪦

by Anonymousreply 30August 5, 2021 12:36 AM

He's executive producer of the show, so he basically hired himself?

by Anonymousreply 31August 5, 2021 12:37 AM

YEAH! Jeopardy officials are showing good sense. Mike was great during his two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 32August 5, 2021 12:39 AM

I’m tremendously excited by this news! YIPPEE!!!

by Anonymousreply 33August 5, 2021 12:40 AM

The dark horse candidate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 5, 2021 12:40 AM

I’m so glad it’s not horse face Mayim.

by Anonymousreply 35August 5, 2021 12:41 AM

Aaron Rodgers is probably going crazy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 5, 2021 12:43 AM

[quote]Do we believe the outraged Burton fans are regular viewers?

99% of them had never watched Jeopardy before Levar hosted.

They were well organized. I'll give them that. They managed to get a lot of stories on websites and certainly blitzed social media.

Luckily, the Sony execs seem to have recognized the Levar people aren't Jeopardy viewers.

by Anonymousreply 37August 5, 2021 12:46 AM

Meredith Vieira needs the cash.

by Anonymousreply 38August 5, 2021 12:47 AM

Looks like a smug toad. Why him?

by Anonymousreply 39August 5, 2021 12:48 AM

Ugh. He sucks.

by Anonymousreply 40August 5, 2021 12:48 AM

[quote] He's executive producer of the show, so he basically hired himself?

Did I just hear a penny drop?

by Anonymousreply 41August 5, 2021 12:50 AM

The host spot should have gone to Samuel Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 42August 5, 2021 12:51 AM

Say WHAT again motherfucker. I dare you!

by Anonymousreply 43August 5, 2021 12:53 AM

Sam is too busy with Capital One commercials.

by Anonymousreply 44August 5, 2021 12:55 AM

I think it was probably wise to put some distance between Alex and his ultimate replacement, which the rotating guest hosts accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 45August 5, 2021 12:59 AM

He’s the Andy Cohen of game shows.

by Anonymousreply 46August 5, 2021 1:05 AM

They couldn't get a crippled black trans?

by Anonymousreply 47August 5, 2021 2:29 AM

He looks dim.

by Anonymousreply 48August 5, 2021 2:36 AM

I thought it was going to be Chris Brown.

by Anonymousreply 49August 5, 2021 2:42 AM

He appeals to flyover country.

by Anonymousreply 50August 5, 2021 2:42 AM

All the celebrity auditions were just to get ratings. This guy was already selected ages ago.

by Anonymousreply 51August 5, 2021 2:44 AM

Kids in the Hall gay guy

by Anonymousreply 52August 5, 2021 2:44 AM

I give him the benefit of the doubt. He made a mistake. But it was a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 53August 5, 2021 2:45 AM

I'm also confused — I thought Ken Jennings was a lock for this months ago.

by Anonymousreply 54August 5, 2021 2:48 AM

It was always gonna be the unknown. For dollar reasons. I was a partner agency with Jeopardy/Sony the year Alex was first diagnosed. They are cheap as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 55August 5, 2021 2:55 AM

Maybe Jennings tweeted himself right out of the job.

by Anonymousreply 56August 5, 2021 2:55 AM

aren't they afraid of the Twitter mob if it isn't LeVar Burton?

by Anonymousreply 57August 5, 2021 2:57 AM

LOVE HIM. But genuinely shocked they would pick a straight white male. I assume they've run every bit of data through their computers to ensure he won't lose their ratings.

by Anonymousreply 58August 5, 2021 3:03 AM

I liked Buzzy,, Mike and Aaron the best. Can't believe they defied the woke mob. Good for them!

by Anonymousreply 59August 5, 2021 3:07 AM

Why not continue with a rotation of different peeps? I’ve enjoyed the variety. I think they all did a great job. It was fun to tune in to see who was hosting. This guy was good, but I think they lose the excitement factor now.

by Anonymousreply 60August 5, 2021 3:12 AM

R60. Good point, though I think the older audience likes constancy, and I’m sure they’ve focus-grouped the hell out of this.

by Anonymousreply 61August 5, 2021 3:18 AM

^^^ Consistency.

And fuck the inability to edit posts!

by Anonymousreply 62August 5, 2021 3:20 AM

Mike seems to me a bland, vanilla sort of guy. Nothing special, but nothing bad. I think he may be the perfect fit for finding a host that won't please everyone. He has that neutral quality that might make for a long term host.

by Anonymousreply 63August 5, 2021 12:19 PM

Exactly - he's a concensus candidate. The rotating women all have other commitments, as well as the nonwhite men, except U No Hoo. Ken, I suspect, prefers the title of Best Player EVER over host commitment. Buzzy is younger, leery of a commitment yet?

by Anonymousreply 64August 5, 2021 1:27 PM

Verificatia of sizemeat?

by Anonymousreply 65August 5, 2021 1:34 PM

I'm totally fine with Mike Richards. He did a good job when he hosted and he's decently attractive. However, I expect that Levar's angry fans are going to sabotage the deal before it can take place. Expect Mike to face a "Me Too" scandal before any official announcement is made.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 5, 2021 9:12 PM

And it begins LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67August 5, 2021 9:30 PM

This has all been known by Sony for years. If he's derailed by it, what will the Levar-ites "find" out regarding Buzzy?

by Anonymousreply 68August 5, 2021 9:38 PM

Mmmm... I'll take Hot Zaddy for a thousand!

by Anonymousreply 69August 5, 2021 9:40 PM

R68 The Levarites aren't as angry about Buzzy as they are about this guy, surprisingly. They'd tolerate him as the host, even if they'd be bitter about it.

by Anonymousreply 70August 5, 2021 9:59 PM

Probably something along the lines of "Well... Buzzy at least got consideration after having 'earned' it from all those wins, while Richards is just the 'old boys' picking one of their own."

by Anonymousreply 71August 5, 2021 10:38 PM

Richards has a rocking bod! He wears a suit slim cut and his thighs are enormous.

by Anonymousreply 72August 5, 2021 10:42 PM

The Jeopardy host needs to mix professional gravitas with sex appeal. Alex definitely filled both categories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73August 5, 2021 10:44 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 5, 2021 11:02 PM

I think Buzzy was told he wasn't getting the job on July 27th, if this series of tweets is anything to go by. He better not be too distraught just yet. The Levar cult may seal the deal for him at the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 5, 2021 11:42 PM

Levar and his minions are severely tarnishing his good reputation. Levar did badly in his week long job interview. Many others did much better in their interviews. Levar isn't getting the job. Time to let it go.

Even more embarrassing is the fact Levar will not bow out with grace. A good host knows when to say goodbye, and Levar clearly doesn't.

All of American witnessed the disastrous job interview, Levar! You were horrible. Let it go and MOVE ALONG

by Anonymousreply 76August 5, 2021 11:50 PM

LeVar and his annoying fans need to fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 77August 5, 2021 11:58 PM

Long-time loved host dies ... sad. The guest celebrities idea bought the show tons of free ink. Show does not need a "star" host , An insider host comes in cheaply, 1/3 of a name host.

by Anonymousreply 78August 5, 2021 11:58 PM

Meh. I wasn’t enamored of Mike Richards, as many of you were. I found his demeanor off-putting and I hated that treacly sign-off that he repeated every show for two weeks. But, it is what it is. So, 🤷‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 79August 6, 2021 12:02 AM

He's kinda pretty to me, although that's what many like...

by Anonymousreply 80August 6, 2021 12:03 AM

Mary! Richards

by Anonymousreply 81August 6, 2021 12:17 AM

[quote] What think DATA LOUNGE?

I’d do him in a pinch

by Anonymousreply 82August 6, 2021 12:18 AM

Levar has his charms, but he was never a good fit. He has always had a goofy aura about him. Alex was truly unique because you took him seriously, but he was also so likable.

by Anonymousreply 83August 6, 2021 12:49 AM

"Jeopardy" Host Frontrunner (and EP) Mike Richards Was Cited in 2010 Bias Suit:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 6, 2021 1:13 AM

How much you all want to bet that Levar is behind the hit jobs on Mike and is being spiteful that he didn't get chosen as the new host?

by Anonymousreply 85August 6, 2021 1:19 AM

Uh huh, sure Levar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 6, 2021 1:19 AM

Fascinating gossip. Apparently Miyam and Buzzy were the runner ups, not Ken, and with Miyam renewing her show, if Mike gets thrown under the bus, Buzzy is the alternate. Also, it seems the last executive producer before Mike wanted Matt Lauer to take over for Trebek LOLOLOLOLOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 6, 2021 1:30 AM

Wow, so I guess "Jeopardy" is getting cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 88August 6, 2021 1:37 AM

I have to admit that I really didn't care who got the hosting gig, but now I'm just really glad it's not going to be Levar Burton. I assumed it was baked in for Ken Jennings, but Mike Richards is probably a little more photogenic and a little more engaging than Jennings. But, back to Burton, I don't know if it was him or his fans, but this entire episode has just left a bad taste in my mouth about him. He's too old to be this thirsty.

by Anonymousreply 89August 6, 2021 1:37 AM

LeVar Burton Speaks Out Amid Mike Richards Host Buzz: "No Matter the Outcome, I've Won":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 6, 2021 1:44 AM

Nothing like the boss giving himself the job, under the guise of it being the choice of an impartial selection committee.

by Anonymousreply 91August 6, 2021 1:45 AM

I feel this show has no bedrock without Trebek. He singlehandedly was in fact, the show “Jeopardy!” In human form. Nobody can replace him.

Since Alex has passed, I can’t even watch it anymore, it’s another gutted out cash cow. Like what they did with “Who Wants to be a Millionaire” without Regis or The Weakest Link without Anne Robinson.

by Anonymousreply 92August 6, 2021 1:47 AM

Have long been a fan of LeVar but my opinion has fallen drastically in recent weeks. LeVar, you're classier than this. You did a very Poor Job as guest host. Worst of the bunch! Call your minions off and accept defeat gracefully.

by Anonymousreply 93August 6, 2021 1:48 AM

He wasn't the "worst" (Dr Oz, Robin Roberts, Savannah Guthrie, Katie Couric, Bill Whitaker and George Stephanopoulos were all worse than him). However, he was not in the top 5 best of the guest hots. He flubbed a lot of his lines, he got confused easily and he was stiff. He's not the right choice for the show.

Mike is a good choice, but if these allegations lead to new women coming forward with new allegations of sexual harassment, it's over for him. Sony is not going to allow itself to enter a "Me Too" firestorm in these highly charged times. He was supposed to be the "safe" choice because he's clean cut, decent as a host and attractive, but they are not going to risk losing 70% of their audience over someone with Cuomo like behavior behind the scenes.

If the network doesn't make an announcement by early next week, it means they are going with another option. That likely means Buzzy Cohen or Ken Jennings.

by Anonymousreply 94August 6, 2021 1:53 AM

I was one of the people who originally thought LeVar would be great for the show. It turns out he wasn't very good but I am sure he could have improved. But it was the combination of his shameless campaigning and his bullying fans that really turned me off. He came off more as entitled than humble.

Buzzy and Mayim impressed me the most. They both made the show feel like Jeopardy again.

by Anonymousreply 95August 6, 2021 1:54 AM

[quote]Wow, so I guess "Jeopardy" is getting cancelled.

Hardly. The majority of the LeVar bots don’t even watch Jeopardy.

I’m just glad it’s not that Mayim bitch.

by Anonymousreply 96August 6, 2021 2:02 AM

[quote]I feel this show has no bedrock without Trebek. He singlehandedly was in fact, the show “Jeopardy!” In human form. Nobody can replace him. Since Alex has passed, I can’t even watch it anymore, it’s another gutted out cash cow. Like what they did with “Who Wants to be a Millionaire” without Regis or The Weakest Link without Anne Robinson.

I totally disagree, I think most of the guest hosts did a fine job -- except, in my opinion, Burton and Katie Couric. JEOPARDY! is still JEOPARDY! and will continue to be. no matter who gets the permanent spot.

by Anonymousreply 97August 6, 2021 2:07 AM

Could Ken Jennings be behind the attacks on our Mike?

by Anonymousreply 98August 6, 2021 2:18 AM

I don't think so. Ken isn't petty like Levar is. Plus he already has something going for himself. He doesn't need Jeopardy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99August 6, 2021 2:21 AM

So basically, the entitled executive producer is giving himself the job… yeah, got it.

by Anonymousreply 100August 6, 2021 2:26 AM

The fact that one of Ken's more recent tweets is promoting the show he's doing with Holzhauer and Rutter indicates that he's happy with where he is and doesn't need the Jeopardy hosting job. There's no pouty tweet like Buzzy or faux "grateful" tweet like Levar. Plus, his name wasn't mentioned in the article OP posted or the gossip from R87. He's seemingly not in contention and I think he's accepted that. That could change if Mike flames out and Buzzy spurns them as sloppy seconds, but he's not actively pursuing the job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 6, 2021 2:27 AM

I really thought Ken is a shoo-in. Sorry for him but I'm not a fan . Mike is ok with me but would've prefer Buzzy- if reports are true he's a close 2nd choice along with Mayim. She is in a series so it's unlikely she will do it and if so , she might not be as cheap as the other 2 guys.

by Anonymousreply 102August 6, 2021 2:29 AM

Who knew becoming the host of Jeopardy!! would be as complicated as being named to the Supreme Court? If Mike gets cancelled, then I hope it's Buzzy. Buzzy lights up a TV screen like no other. He's pure energy.

by Anonymousreply 103August 6, 2021 2:31 AM

Honestly, Mayim's show is not going to go past another season. She will be jobless by this time next year unless they can find a way to work around her other show.

by Anonymousreply 104August 6, 2021 2:35 AM

How is this guy hot? His face looks stuck in a position that makes him look like he just farted.

by Anonymousreply 105August 6, 2021 2:55 AM

I wanted Roxane Gay!

by Anonymousreply 106August 6, 2021 2:57 AM

Do you idiots who keep claiming "the executive producer gave himself the job" really think it was up to him? The syndicators and the affiliates would all have at least weighed in on this with the studio making the final decision. Mike Richards is an employee, not the owner of Jeopardy or ultimate judge on this thing.

by Anonymousreply 107August 6, 2021 3:00 AM

I'm wondering if anyone bemoaning Levar not getting the job actually watched the excruciating debacle of his five days of hosting. Seriously I'd rather watch Ted Baxter Quizmaster be chosen over this clown.

by Anonymousreply 108August 6, 2021 3:10 AM

Didn't Mayim make tens of millions from Big Bang? She doesn't need to work if she doesn't want to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109August 6, 2021 3:15 AM

R106 I know it's a joke comment, but I'd just love to see Roxane guest host. She'd be fucking awful, but her waddling onto the set and passive aggressively shaming the contestants would make for an extremely entertaining watch. If Mike flames out and they have to try new guest hosts to audition, they should definitely consider her, if only for the comic relief.

by Anonymousreply 110August 6, 2021 3:20 AM

You know, thinking about it, Buzzy would be a more preferable choice for their older viewers. He's kind of a like the Jewish Steve Allen, especially with the black rim glasses and the slick hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111August 6, 2021 3:25 AM

R107 I agree, it’s pretty shitty of himself to give himself the job.

by Anonymousreply 112August 6, 2021 3:28 AM

[quote] I'm wondering if anyone bemoaning Levar not getting the job actually watched the excruciating debacle of his five days of hosting. Seriously I'd rather watch Ted Baxter Quizmaster be chosen over this clown.

Oh my, don’t hold back, tell us how you really feel

by Anonymousreply 113August 6, 2021 3:30 AM

Mayim Bialik's former boss has some thoughts to share on this announcement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 6, 2021 3:32 AM

[quote]Didn't Mayim make tens of millions from Big Bang?

Mayim, absolutely, doesn't need the money after Big Bang Theory even if she didn't make as much as the long-time original cast. Plus, she's not a person that "lives large." If she did Jeopardy she'd be doing it because she genuinely liked doing it. She's also a Phd holding neuroscientist that actually did the job for a while so she has "street cred."

[quote]Do you idiots who keep claiming "the executive producer gave himself the job" really think it was up to him?

Strange that you think he had absolutely no pull when it comes to this. At the minimum, he already knew the movers and shakers at the show. He has access to them no one else had. He knows how the show works better than anyone. He spent years being a TV show host on shows that flopped. It's not a shock that he'd rather back away from one position and go back to his original dream since it's obvious he became a producer after he kept ending up on shows that failed. He very much had a say in this even if he didn't make the entire decision himself.

by Anonymousreply 115August 6, 2021 3:36 AM

Who the fuck still watches Jeopardy?

by Anonymousreply 116August 6, 2021 3:38 AM

Lots of people who aren't you, R116.

by Anonymousreply 117August 6, 2021 3:42 AM

he has a used car salesman quality to him.

by Anonymousreply 118August 6, 2021 3:42 AM

R116 My 92 year old grandma loves it! It's a must watch at her home.

by Anonymousreply 119August 6, 2021 3:46 AM

Thee are millions of us, Tide pod.

by Anonymousreply 120August 6, 2021 3:52 AM

[quote] Show does not need a "star" host ,

Of course it does!!

by Anonymousreply 121August 6, 2021 3:53 AM

[quote] "the executive producer gave himself the job"

I fail to see the problem here.

by Anonymousreply 122August 6, 2021 3:54 AM

Is that his real name? Sounds fake.

by Anonymousreply 123August 6, 2021 3:58 AM

Mike Richards is kinda hot. Bet he throws a mean fuck.

by Anonymousreply 124August 6, 2021 3:58 AM

R124 so was Alex.

by Anonymousreply 125August 6, 2021 4:21 AM

Scandal Alert: Don’t crown king him yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 6, 2021 4:22 AM

The LeVar Loons are digging up all the dirt, aren't they?

by Anonymousreply 127August 6, 2021 4:58 AM

Feeble try, Levar weirdos. Most people, including myself, don't fully understand or care what a "bias suit" is, so I don't think Mike is threatened.

by Anonymousreply 128August 6, 2021 6:08 AM

R127, to be fair, all of this stuff was said and done years ago.

Of course reporters are going to regurgitate it all now so they can get maximum clicks while people try and find out who this guy is.

by Anonymousreply 129August 6, 2021 6:20 AM

Gay face for days

by Anonymousreply 130August 6, 2021 6:25 AM

Mike Richards made ungentlemanly advances on a girl at a drunken college party !

by Anonymousreply 131August 6, 2021 6:28 AM

Couldn't they just come up with an Alex Trebek-looking robot with Artificial Intelligence?

by Anonymousreply 132August 6, 2021 6:38 AM

The LeVar Loons are already trying to smear Mike. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 133August 6, 2021 8:37 AM

[quote]Couldn't they just come up with an Alex Trebek-looking robot with Artificial Intelligence?

They could do a hologram.

by Anonymousreply 134August 6, 2021 8:38 AM

‘Jeopardy!’ That's still on the air? Haven't all the golden girls viewers died yet?

by Anonymousreply 135August 6, 2021 8:41 AM

Go back to Tik Tok, junior.

by Anonymousreply 136August 6, 2021 8:44 AM

Junior? No one uses that word anymore Gramps. Dont get your diapers in a wad.

by Anonymousreply 137August 6, 2021 8:48 AM

Glad its not Ken Jennings.

by Anonymousreply 138August 6, 2021 10:08 AM

A lot of people are going to be livid for the simple fact he's white.

by Anonymousreply 139August 6, 2021 10:41 AM

No, they're the only ones who will get media attention, R 139.

by Anonymousreply 140August 6, 2021 10:43 AM

Anybody find shirtless or pinga pics of Mike?

by Anonymousreply 141August 6, 2021 12:46 PM

Mike had a podcast. I wonder if the Levar freaks are going to sift through it and try to find offensive shit to share online in a hit job tweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142August 6, 2021 12:53 PM

[Quote] Most people, including myself, don't fully understand or care what a "bias suit" is, so I don't think Mike is threatened.

That's not really where the problem is here. Sony knew all of this before agreeing to negotiate a contract with him. It's the fact that making these allegations public might inspire other women to come forward with their own stories of sexual harassment and assault that he did to them, hence the concept of "Me Too." Supposedly, if he did this shit to one woman, he did it to many women. A guy like this is going to lose the Jeopardy audience (including the senior demographic) quickly if he turns out to be a predator and womanizer.

by Anonymousreply 143August 6, 2021 12:57 PM

[quote]A guy like this is going to lose the Jeopardy audience (including the senior demographic) quickly if he turns out to be a predator and womanizer.

Uh, no. The senior demographic thinks this cancel culture shit is stupid as hell.

by Anonymousreply 144August 6, 2021 1:02 PM

^ There's a difference between "cancel culture" and denying a job to a guy who may have a long history of sexual harassment and possibly assault. This isn't like he just said some un PC shit about minorities.

by Anonymousreply 145August 6, 2021 1:04 PM

R145 Again, the senior demographic does not care.

by Anonymousreply 146August 6, 2021 1:07 PM

[quote] Mike Richards made ungentlemanly advances on a girl at a drunken college party !

Hey, to be fair, back in the day you didn't have to bow to a woman before you asked if you could fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 147August 6, 2021 1:22 PM

I don't know much about the controversy re Jeopardy hosts. How did LaVar Burton get involved in this?

by Anonymousreply 148August 6, 2021 1:28 PM

[comment[ Hey, to be fair, back in the day you didn't have to bow to a woman before you asked if you could fuck her.

No, man! We jist took 'er on the ironing board!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 6, 2021 1:37 PM

DO NOT CLICK!!!!

by Anonymousreply 150August 6, 2021 1:39 PM

R148

Some here feel that the Levar gang deliberately brought those stories to press attention to derail Mike before a contract is finalized.

by Anonymousreply 151August 6, 2021 1:49 PM

[quote] I'm totally fine with Mike Richards. He did a good job when he hosted and he's decently attractive. However, I expect that Levar's angry fans are going to sabotage the deal before it can take place. Expect Mike to face a "Me Too" scandal before any official announcement is made.

[quote] R68 The Levarites aren't as angry about Buzzy as they are about this guy, surprisingly. They'd tolerate him as the host, even if they'd be bitter about it.

[quote] I'm sure he'll announce his exit from the show if they end up going with Mike Richards. He didn't slide into the consulting slot, only to have the gig taken by someone else. I agree with R56. He definitely tweeted himself out of a job. Middle America gets offended if you make cripple jokes. That and being a Mormon homophobe didn't help his case either. Still, if the Levar fans derail Mike, I expect they'd go with Buzzy Cohen as the alternate. Those crazy people don't like Ken either and the point is to avoid controversy, not bring themselves more of it.

[quote] I think Buzzy was told he wasn't getting the job on July 27th, if this series of tweets is anything to go by. He better not be too distraught just yet. The Levar cult may seal the deal for him at the end.

[quote] How much you all want to bet that Levar is behind the hit jobs on Mike and is being spiteful that he didn't get chosen as the new host?

[quote] Uh huh, sure Levar.

[quote] Fascinating gossip. Apparently Miyam and Buzzy were the runner ups, not Ken, and with Miyam renewing her show, if Mike gets thrown under the bus, Buzzy is the alternate. Also, it seems the last executive producer before Mike wanted Matt Lauer to take over for Trebek LOLOLOLOLOL.

by Anonymousreply 152August 6, 2021 1:52 PM

quote] He wasn't the "worst" (Dr Oz, Robin Roberts, Savannah Guthrie, Katie Couric, Bill Whitaker and George Stephanopoulos were all worse than him). However, he was not in the top 5 best of the guest hots. He flubbed a lot of his lines, he got confused easily and he was stiff. He's not the right choice for the show. Mike is a good choice, but if these allegations lead to new women coming forward with new allegations of sexual harassment, it's over for him. Sony is not going to allow itself to enter a "Me Too" firestorm in these highly charged times. He was supposed to be the "safe" choice because he's clean cut, decent as a host and attractive, but they are not going to risk losing 70% of their audience over someone with Cuomo like behavior behind the scenes. If the network doesn't make an announcement by early next week, it means they are going with another option. That likely means Buzzy Cohen or Ken Jennings.

[quote] I don't think so. Ken isn't petty like Levar is. Plus he already has something going for himself. He doesn't need Jeopardy.

[quote] The fact that one of Ken's more recent tweets is promoting the show he's doing with Holzhauer and Rutter indicates that he's happy with where he is and doesn't need the Jeopardy hosting job. There's no pouty tweet like Buzzy or faux "grateful" tweet like Levar. Plus, his name wasn't mentioned in the article OP posted or the gossip from R87. He's seemingly not in contention and I think he's accepted that. That could change if Mike flames out and Buzzy spurns them as sloppy seconds, but he's not actively pursuing the job.

[quote] R106 I know it's a joke comment, but I'd just love to see Roxane guest host. She'd be fucking awful, but her waddling onto the set and passive aggressively shaming the contestants would make for an extremely entertaining watch. If Mike flames out and they have to try new guest hosts to audition, they should definitely consider her, if only for the comic relief.

[quote] You know, thinking about it, Buzzy would be a more preferable choice for their older viewers. He's kind of a like the Jewish Steve Allen, especially with the black rim glasses and the slick hair.

[quote] Mayim Bialik's former boss has some thoughts to share on this announcement.

[quote] Mike had a podcast. I wonder if the Levar freaks are going to sift through it and try to find offensive shit to share online in a hit job tweet.

[quote] That's not really where the problem is here. Sony knew all of this before agreeing to negotiate a contract with him. It's the fact that making these allegations public might inspire other women to come forward with their own stories of sexual harassment and assault that he did to them, hence the concept of "Me Too." Supposedly, if he did this shit to one woman, he did it to many women. A guy like this is going to lose the Jeopardy audience (including the senior demographic) quickly if he turns out to be a predator and womanizer.

[quote] ^ There's a difference between "cancel culture" and denying a job to a guy who may have a long history of sexual harassment and possibly assault. This isn't like he just said some un PC shit about minorities.

You seem to be freakishly over invested. Aspergers or just nothing going on in your life.

by Anonymousreply 153August 6, 2021 1:52 PM

[quote] He wasn't the "worst" (Dr Oz, Robin Roberts, Savannah Guthrie, Katie Couric, Bill Whitaker and George Stephanopoulos were all worse than him).

Roberts did an excellent job, while Stephanopoulos and Guthrie were okay as fill-in. I didn't mind Oz as fill-in though understand why he is so disliked. Whitaker was just too low-energy (kind of opposite of Oz).

by Anonymousreply 154August 6, 2021 1:57 PM

Mikey has some dirty little secrets hidden under his rug, involving harassment and law suits, and it appears that they've been found.

I don't think he's gonna get this job.

by Anonymousreply 155August 6, 2021 2:13 PM

Maybe it's not a Done Deal .....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156August 6, 2021 2:40 PM

Then they'll just go with Ken Jennings.

by Anonymousreply 157August 6, 2021 2:41 PM

R153 Oh get over yourself you obnoxious fuck.

by Anonymousreply 158August 6, 2021 2:51 PM

How come they didn't give Brad Rutter a try as a guest host? He started as an actor, and he's won among the most money ever on the show.

by Anonymousreply 159August 6, 2021 2:57 PM

Variety columist weighs in on Mike Richards selection.

He also agrees that Levar did NOT do an outstanding job.

[quote]And that Burton, a fan favorite with decades of on-camera experience who vocally wanted the job, couldn’t find a fitting tone suggests that finding a new host, and that hosting, are not as easy as the analyst on the couch might think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160August 6, 2021 2:57 PM

R156 How fucking convenient that something that supposedly happened a decade ago just so happens to be brought up when Mike is close to getting the job? I swear, the LeVar loons are pathetic. Canceling people for shit from a decade ago?🙄

by Anonymousreply 161August 6, 2021 3:02 PM

It started with Al Franken, where censure was just NOT ENOUGH!

Current odds: 65% Mike, 30% Buzzy, 5% other

by Anonymousreply 162August 6, 2021 3:04 PM

They probably thought all of this stuff would die down when Bob Barker retired. They were wrong.

by Anonymousreply 163August 6, 2021 3:06 PM

As long as it’s not LeVar or Mayim.

by Anonymousreply 164August 6, 2021 3:07 PM

As I've said, the producers knew all of this shit before they chose to advance negotiations with Mike. It's what might come out next that remains the critical factor here. Anything new that pops up and he's toast.

by Anonymousreply 165August 6, 2021 3:08 PM

R163 That’s not the point. Most people didn’t even know about this decade-old shit until a few days ago, which just goes to show the LeVar Loons quickly went on a witch-hunt to find anything they could to smear him.

by Anonymousreply 166August 6, 2021 3:09 PM

Ken Jennings shaded him on some podcast.

I don't think anyone is happy with this one.

As for Mike Richards, unless he's showing peen....meh

by Anonymousreply 167August 6, 2021 3:11 PM

I think what people want is their "favorite teacher". Stern, professional, smart as a whip- but with a teasing, wry sense of humor.

I don't think this guy has that spark.

by Anonymousreply 168August 6, 2021 3:12 PM

[quote] [R156] How fucking convenient that something that supposedly happened a decade ago just so happens to be brought up when Mike is close to getting the job? I swear, the LeVar loons are pathetic. Canceling people for shit from a decade ago?🙄

Yes it’s very unusual for someone to investigate the past of someone who is seeking a high profile position. And of course victims never ever come forward and speak out.

[quote] [R153] Oh get over yourself you obnoxious fuck.

So not aspergers, just nothing else going on in your life.

by Anonymousreply 169August 6, 2021 3:14 PM

R169 You literally started an account just to go after my posts. Why the fuck do you care so much?

by Anonymousreply 170August 6, 2021 3:19 PM

[quote] [R163] That’s not the point. Most people didn’t even know about this decade-old shit until a few days ago, which just goes to show the LeVar Loons quickly went on a witch-hunt to find anything they could to smear him.

Who hosts Jeopardy couldn’t be as important to anyone as it is to you. You and your jeopardy conspiracy theories sound loonier than anyone.

by Anonymousreply 171August 6, 2021 3:19 PM

[quote]I don't think this guy has that spark.

Let’s get real - none of them really had a “spark.” It’s about choosing someone who can do the job well even if they aren’t exciting.

by Anonymousreply 172August 6, 2021 3:21 PM

TMZ is reporting the job is his.

by Anonymousreply 173August 6, 2021 3:52 PM

^ GOOD! The MeToo cunts can suck it.

by Anonymousreply 174August 6, 2021 4:49 PM

The scandals are making traction in the major tabloids. They were reported on by Fox and Radar Online. Even though TMZ says the job is his, I don't think it's quite in the bag yet. Let's see if any new women come forward with allegations before we say it's a done deal.

by Anonymousreply 175August 6, 2021 4:50 PM

He can sexually abuse me anytime!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 176August 6, 2021 4:51 PM

[quote] They were reported on by Fox

Well that tells you how credible they are.

by Anonymousreply 177August 6, 2021 4:51 PM

^ It's notable because up until this point, Mike is who they were pushing to become the new Jeopardy host. The fact that they are getting skittish about it is a bad sign for him.

by Anonymousreply 178August 6, 2021 4:53 PM

We are waiting for the scandal photos, please

by Anonymousreply 179August 6, 2021 6:04 PM

When hefty amounts of cash are paid to settle lawsuits, that's an admission on guilt.

by Anonymousreply 180August 6, 2021 6:15 PM

Money... money...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181August 6, 2021 6:17 PM

R149 Good Lord, boning gone wild

by Anonymousreply 182August 6, 2021 6:36 PM

R178 Okay, I've read the reports of these alleged scandals, but where does it say anyone is getting skittish?

by Anonymousreply 183August 6, 2021 6:55 PM

Whoops, another report.

I don't think there's much here other than them pointing out that he wasn't an emergency substitution host as he originally claimed and that instead, he put himself in the running intentionally.

I think most people already figured out that he planned to take this job all along.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184August 6, 2021 7:07 PM

I wonder who the host was the Richards bumped off?

by Anonymousreply 185August 6, 2021 7:12 PM

Wife Karen Richards kept the other guest host from making their show by emptying out the gas tank!

by Anonymousreply 186August 6, 2021 7:13 PM

I guess the former producer Harry Friedman, who Mike shadowed, was the one who wanted Matt Lauer to take over for Trebek LOL.

by Anonymousreply 187August 6, 2021 8:01 PM

End in tears this will.

by Anonymousreply 188August 6, 2021 8:05 PM

Clearly somebody in the industry has it out for Mike and it has to go beyond Levar at this point. Here's Keith Olbermann's take. If we start seeing tweets complaining about this pick from political figures, it indicates to me that somebody much more powerful (Oprah maybe?) is going all out on this, guns blazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189August 6, 2021 8:11 PM

There's a lot of "Levar love" in that thread - coincidence?

by Anonymousreply 190August 6, 2021 8:21 PM

Oh for Christ's sake. He wants to host Jeopardy, not lead the UN. People need to calm the fuck down.

by Anonymousreply 191August 6, 2021 8:22 PM

Tommy DiDario would have been perfect for the job.

by Anonymousreply 192August 6, 2021 8:27 PM

[quote]There's a lot of "Levar love" in that thread - coincidence?

I love how there are zero arguments against the fact that Mike Richards may have done the things that he was accused of doing. Instead, it's easier to blame LeVar Burton fans for somehow turning back time and making Mike be an asshole boss years before.

It was all going to come out whether any of them posted links to old articles or not. You can also bet your sweet ass that anyone who he pissed off is going come forward sooner rather than later. I'm sure the media is already contacting people he worked with.

The truth is, there were other choices (and no I did not like LeVar) that wouldn't have had his past issues.

I also have zero doubt in my mind that Sony let that story, that he's close to being chosen, drop to see what the public's reaction is. They totally knew what he was like prior to all of this. They just want to see how angry it makes people and see if anything else comes out that they didn't know. It's an old PR tactic.

by Anonymousreply 193August 6, 2021 8:31 PM

I don't doubt that Richards may not be the swell guy he'd like us to believe. I was reacting more to Olbermann himself being a Levar-magnet for the piling-on.

Looking into the camera lying about the "emergency fill in" situation sours me on him.

by Anonymousreply 194August 6, 2021 8:37 PM

Anderson Cooper did a fine job hosting, too bad he insists on doing that CNN crap.

by Anonymousreply 195August 6, 2021 8:56 PM

Why hasn't anyone asked me?

by Anonymousreply 196August 6, 2021 9:07 PM

It's a shame that in 2021, they did not give a transwoman of color sex worker the opportunity to audition.

by Anonymousreply 197August 6, 2021 9:11 PM

Ken Jennings--a funny, kind, smart guy from Nowhere, Utah--would be a great "old-school American" rags to riches story.

Instead, we get a guy who gives himself the job which is a very Trump-y move.

by Anonymousreply 198August 6, 2021 9:15 PM

Hey, I won a lot on that show and they won't give me a chance it seems

by Anonymousreply 199August 6, 2021 9:23 PM

Hey gang - let’s put on a show!!

We’ll hold a very public dog & pony show so a bunch of famous people can try out for The job of hosting Jeopardy …

…. and then give it to the bland guy with the inside track.

Everyone will love it!!!

by Anonymousreply 200August 6, 2021 11:38 PM

Mike did a fantastic job guest hosting, better than most of the famous. He's done nothing to be cancelled for. No shocking allegations. Even so, I would be happy with energetic Buzzy. Ken, I just can't get behind. Just too smug and nerdy. Levar Burton can get lost. He wasn't even the best performing black male guest host. Mayim, I could tolerate.

by Anonymousreply 201August 7, 2021 12:28 AM

R189 Olbermann needs to go sit down and mind his own business instead of spreading gossip that he wasn’t there to witness.

by Anonymousreply 202August 7, 2021 12:55 AM

Has anyone called Gio Benitez? His worst scandal was hooking up on Grindr with his now hubby.

by Anonymousreply 203August 7, 2021 1:08 AM

r196 because you are a smug, annoying twat!

by Anonymousreply 204August 7, 2021 1:28 AM

r197 Stunning and brave!!!

by Anonymousreply 205August 7, 2021 1:30 AM

NOBODY claimed that Richards had NO influence in getting the job for himself. Some people here merely stated, correctly, that he obviously wouldn't have gotten it if the other producers and the sponsors weren't on board. It really bothers me when people put words in other people's mouths.

by Anonymousreply 206August 7, 2021 1:34 AM

[quote]Ken, I just can't get behind. Just too smug and nerdy.

Really? To me, he doesn't come across as either "smug" or "nerdy" in the least.

by Anonymousreply 207August 7, 2021 1:38 AM

Welcome to DL, Ken at R207.

by Anonymousreply 208August 7, 2021 1:40 AM

There's a lack of good game show hosts for the same reason that there's a lack of good talk show hosts. These entertainers today want to make themselves the focus of the show. It's not about you. It's about the guests. They also don't have that old fashioned calm appeal that a Trebek, Sajak, Martindale, even loathsome freeper Woolery had. They put audiences at ease.

Levar got mixed reviews. Many said he looked like a deer in headlights doing it. A lot of this is just the obligatory Twitter shit of hopping onto a hot "cool" trend. I wonder how many of his supporters even bothered to watch his episodes?

by Anonymousreply 209August 7, 2021 1:43 AM

Wait until the "Woke" crowd hears about Levar's longtime love of white pussy!

by Anonymousreply 210August 7, 2021 1:43 AM

Entertainment Lawyer blind gossip item (generally not a reliable source):

"So, with the athlete saying no and taking his old job, the favorite for the hosting gig is a guy who had to quit in disgrace from his last job after sexually harassing all the models on the show and discriminating against those who were a color he didn't like. The settlement was over seven figures, but I'm sure he has learned his lesson. Aaron Rodgers/'Jeopardy'/Mike Richards/'Price Is Right' (‘Jeopardy!’ Host Frontrunner Mike Richards’ Alleged History of Harassment, Discrimination)"

by Anonymousreply 211August 7, 2021 1:56 AM

I didn't realize that Entertainment Lawyer resurrected Helen Keller to write "blind items".

by Anonymousreply 212August 7, 2021 2:00 AM

R208, as if Ken Jennings himself is the only person in the word who doesn't think he comes across as "smug" and "nerdy." Your lame attempt at humor failed miserably.

by Anonymousreply 213August 7, 2021 2:00 AM

Wow. Who knew that the search for the next Jeopardy host would turn into such a tumultuous scandal?

I wonder what Alex would have thought of all of this.

by Anonymousreply 214August 7, 2021 2:04 AM

R211 That is SUCH horseshit 🐎 💩 ! Aaron was DESPERATE for that gig. He didn’t turn down anything - he wasn’t chosen.

by Anonymousreply 215August 7, 2021 2:53 AM

Entertainment Lawyer just makes shit up, R215.

by Anonymousreply 216August 7, 2021 3:51 AM

Aaron Rogers isn't desperate for anything. He has made over $200 million from the NFL alone, not including endorsements.. His new contract will pay him around $20 million a year.

by Anonymousreply 217August 7, 2021 8:36 AM

Aaron is a smart, good looking, athlete, but a mediocre Jeopardy host. No way in hell they offered him the permanent host job.

by Anonymousreply 218August 7, 2021 10:02 AM

[quote]Aaron Rogers isn't desperate for anything. He has made over $200 million from the NFL alone, not including endorsements.. His new contract will pay him around $20 million a year.

Where did anybody say anything about money? He’s desperate for attention and loves it. He knows his career is winding down and he’s going to have to come up a plan to stay in the spotlight once his football career is over.

And you must have missed the all the staged photo ops he did during the two weeks he was hosting. He made sure there were “sightings” of him almost every day so that he could be in The Daily Mail and get attention.

by Anonymousreply 219August 7, 2021 10:08 AM

I felt Aaron wasn't bad. He would've done a decent job.

I'm wondering if Brad wasn't sidelined to avoid dealing with his personal life? Possibly his choice.

by Anonymousreply 220August 7, 2021 12:38 PM

[quote]GOOD! The MeToo cunts can suck it.

This is Trumpster levels of stupid. You want a poor host with no name recognition who the fans don't like, who basically bought himself this job, just because you want to own the "MeToo cunts."

Some of you need to grow up and stop letting spite and resentment control your lives.

by Anonymousreply 221August 7, 2021 12:42 PM

Mike should present hole. All will be forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 222August 7, 2021 12:52 PM

Mike was in my top three, right behind Buzzy and Mayim, both of whom made the short list according to sources above.

I am glad it isn’t Ken. He worked well on paper but far too mushy mouthed and quiet. Same for Lavar. And remember, we only saw the edited versions. According to most contestant reports on Reddit, taping days with Mike were quick. He didn’t have to redo a lot of shots, unlike a lot of the other contestants.

by Anonymousreply 223August 7, 2021 1:30 PM

[quote]I am glad it isn’t Ken. He worked well on paper but far too mushy mouthed and quiet.

I don't know what show you were watching, but Ken Jennings wasn't remotely "mushy mouthed" or "quiet" when he hosted JEOPARDY! And that's a matter of fact, not opinion. Where do you people come up with this bullshit? If you didn't like him as a host, that's fine, but it reflects badly on you that you don't have the verbal ability to explain WHY you didn't like him.

by Anonymousreply 224August 7, 2021 1:46 PM

Ken is very soft spoken...a little too soft spoken for game show hosting.

by Anonymousreply 225August 7, 2021 4:44 PM

R224 Actually it is NOT a matter of fact that Ken wasn’t “mushy mouth and quiet”. He was. I literally explained why I didn’t like him and I stand by that. He didn’t have the stentorian voice that a game show host needs. It sounded like he was speaking from his throat as opposed to his diaphragm. I am 30 and had a difficult time with Ken; my aunt in her 60s could barely understand him. Sorry to burst your bubble, but Ken sucked.

by Anonymousreply 226August 7, 2021 4:48 PM

R226, I actually agree with you that the timbre of Ken's voice was a little disconcerting because it's not the sort of timbre one hears from a TV show host, but that is not the same as being "mushy mouthed and quiet." Ken's articulation of words was excellent, and his volume was just fine. You also used the word "stentorian" incorrectly for what you were trying to say..

On a similar note, Ken is not "very soft spoken," as R225 claims. People who have such a limited vocabulary should probably take extra care in posting so they don't continually use the wrong words and phrases in trying to express their meaning.

by Anonymousreply 227August 7, 2021 5:11 PM

There's no way Aaron would have taken the job. Jeopardy's producers are cheap as fuck and there's no way they were going to pay him what he would have wanted for the gig. That's why Mike, Buzzy and Mayim were the ones who were seriously in contention. They would ask for less money.

by Anonymousreply 228August 7, 2021 5:21 PM

I wonder if Ken Jennings is a freak in bed. You gotta watch those nerdy types, you know.

by Anonymousreply 229August 7, 2021 5:32 PM

R227 Just because you watch jeopardy doesn’t make you smart. I STILL stand by what I said, for a third fucking time. Ken is mush mouthed, soft spoken, horrible cadence and timbre, and NOT stentorian. I know very well what all those words means and use them as a result, thank you very much.

Just because YOU like Ken doesn’t mean everyone else does. Some people like host that have charisma and powerful voices. You happen to be into wimpy little mormons. To each their own, faggot.

by Anonymousreply 230August 7, 2021 6:15 PM

It wasn't about the money, R228. Aaron's so loaded he wouldn't have cared much about salary, which he likely would have donated to charity.

by Anonymousreply 231August 7, 2021 6:22 PM

[quote][R227] Just because you watch jeopardy doesn’t make you smart. I STILL stand by what I said, for a third fucking time. Ken is mush mouthed, soft spoken, horrible cadence and timbre, and NOT stentorian. I know very well what all those words means and use them as a result, thank you very much.

Given your despicable use of the "f" slur against gay people, I shouldn't deign to answer you. But I will, because you deserve to be continually called out for your rank ignorance. Of course you STILL stand by what you wrote (not said), because in addition to being so stupid that you keep using words without understanding their meanings, you're one of those particularly pathetic idiots who are actually proud of their ignorance, and therefore can't apologize even when proven wrong.

"Stentorian" means "(of a person's voice) loud and powerful." How many game show or other TV hosts would you say have voices that are "loud and powerful?" How many of the other JEOPARDY! guest hosts would you describe as having a "stentorian" style of speech? And would you describe Alex Trebek's voice that way? If so, then you are such a lost cause that you don't even understand the meaning of the words "loud" and "powerful."

The definition of a "mush-mouth" is "a person who speaks indistinctly or inarticulately." Do you honestly feel that Ken Jennings' speech can be described that way? If so, you apparently have a hearing problem in addition to your mental handicap.

Finally, though I hate to agree with a hateful sad sack like you on even the smallest point, I'll say again that, while I did very much like Ken's performance overall, I do agree that his vocal timbre as host was a bit disconcerting, probably because we're all generally used to a more mellifluous tone. (You can look that one up if you care to you, but I'm sure you won't bother.)

by Anonymousreply 232August 7, 2021 8:11 PM

[quote] [R226], I actually agree with you that the timbre of Ken's voice was a little disconcerting because it's not the sort of timbre one hears from a TV show host

That's it in a nutshell. I don't like listening to him, like nails on chalkboard. Makes my ears hurt.

by Anonymousreply 233August 7, 2021 9:07 PM

R94, they were all cross-promotion for ABC shows.

by Anonymousreply 234August 7, 2021 11:18 PM

^ except the ones from CBS, NBC and CNN shows

by Anonymousreply 235August 7, 2021 11:22 PM

[quote]Wow. Who knew that the search for the next Jeopardy host would turn into such a tumultuous scandal? I wonder what Alex would have thought of all of this.

If he hadn't died this wouldn't even be happening.

by Anonymousreply 236August 7, 2021 11:30 PM

Yes, I assume Jeopardy is not going to pay the new host 20 million a year, as the Packers will pay Aaron.

by Anonymousreply 237August 8, 2021 12:02 AM

R230: Die you worthless breeder pig.

Just for this, all game show hosts from here on out should be openly gay and male.

by Anonymousreply 238August 8, 2021 12:03 AM

I will never watch another game show unless an openly gay man hosts it.

by Anonymousreply 239August 8, 2021 12:03 AM

^ Then you should have put more pressure on Anderson Cooper to do it. It's not too late, but he'd have to move to LA, which I have a hard time seeing him do.

by Anonymousreply 240August 8, 2021 12:25 AM

R237 I mean, yeah. Pat Sajak makes about $15 million a year and he's been doing Wheel of Fortune for almost 40 years now. There's no way they are paying Aaron more than that to essentially do the same job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241August 8, 2021 12:28 AM

"Effectively a done deal" according to CNN, but I'm curious if that statement sticks should anything else come out about him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242August 8, 2021 12:33 AM

R241 Let's be fair. Pat only sell vowels, Vanna does all the work

by Anonymousreply 243August 8, 2021 12:35 AM

Vanna hasn't had to do much work since they switched from actually turning the letters to those touch-screens. They save time in starting up new puzzles after the old ones have been solved, but it's just not the same.

by Anonymousreply 244August 8, 2021 12:37 AM

^^^ Yea, but she still get in her 10,000 steps per episode.

by Anonymousreply 245August 8, 2021 12:39 AM

[quote]Yes, I assume Jeopardy is not going to pay the new host 20 million a year, as the Packers will pay Aaron.

No one here follows sports, apparently.

Aaron was very unhappy with the Packers this past offseason. He wanted out. His contract was up. There was a question as to whether or not he'd even return, sit out or retire if they couldn't trade him. That's likely how all of this happened.

However, he did return for this season with allegedly a verbal agreement to be traded at the end of the season. They also gave him a new contract while he trains his replacement, Jordan Love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246August 8, 2021 12:46 AM

I want it to be Le Var Burton. If he does not want it, I think Anderson Cooper really did the best.

NO ONE ELSE!

by Anonymousreply 247August 8, 2021 12:47 AM

they need like a neil de grasse tyson. Does he want this job? they should go scientist, if not Le Var Burton. AC Cooper is good.

by Anonymousreply 248August 8, 2021 12:55 AM

the truth is if levar burton was offered the job, he would grow into it. The only other people I see for this based on the guest hosting is Anderson Cooper. He is comfortable and intelligent (plus he always comes across this way). Or they can always get a real scientist.

I love Jeopardy. I really think they are going to ruin the show forever.

by Anonymousreply 249August 8, 2021 1:02 AM

[quote] No one here follows sports, apparently.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 250August 8, 2021 1:05 AM

Mike Richards cost TPIR a TON of money.....Apparently he isn't a fan of PREGNANT women....He also HAND PICKED the models who were allowed to speak on the show---the guys AND the girls....ODD...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251August 8, 2021 1:08 AM

[quote] they should go scientist, if not Le Var Burton. AC Cooper is good.

[quote]Or they can always get a real scientist.

Mayim Bialik is a real scientist with a Phd in Neuroscience. She also has a Phd in Philosophy.

by Anonymousreply 252August 8, 2021 1:08 AM

Le Var Burton

Anderson Cooper

Neil deGrasse Tyson (or if he does not want it, let him choose.)

Helen Mirren (a well respected, intelligent woman and pay her a ton of money for it).

by Anonymousreply 253August 8, 2021 1:08 AM

They are going to ruin jeopardy, making it unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 254August 8, 2021 1:12 AM

maybe they need a smart comedian type? like a ricky gervais.

I like Levar Burton. Anderson Cooper is comfortable on this show too. Or do something interesting.

by Anonymousreply 255August 8, 2021 1:13 AM

MIKE RICHARDS will not be cancelled. Alex is watching.

by Anonymousreply 256August 8, 2021 1:13 AM

Big influx of LaVar fans tonight.

by Anonymousreply 257August 8, 2021 1:15 AM

because he is solid. I do think Lavar is the best choice.

by Anonymousreply 258August 8, 2021 1:16 AM

For those of you claiming Aaron Rodgers didn’t want the job, maybe you should do your research before talking nonsense. Read this interview: the whole fucking interview is him talking Jeopardy and he specifically says it would be his dream job and he wanted to both host and play football.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259August 8, 2021 1:18 AM

it is shocking how the network can take a respected show and just ruin it with bad decisions. Who the fuck is Mike Richards? These exes are really going to destroy this show.

by Anonymousreply 260August 8, 2021 1:19 AM

Hmm, blocked one troll post and 9 other postings went away. How pleasant.

by Anonymousreply 261August 8, 2021 1:20 AM

maybe Samantha Bee. They need someone smart. They need a performer type. how about her? THEN, pay her a shit load of money.

by Anonymousreply 262August 8, 2021 1:21 AM

Levar plain sucked. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 263August 8, 2021 1:21 AM

What network, R260? Jeopardy is syndicated. You sound dumb.

by Anonymousreply 264August 8, 2021 1:21 AM

who owes this show?

by Anonymousreply 265August 8, 2021 1:22 AM

R259 Arron talked slow, mumbles and sounded like a big dumb jock. Sure he may be smart, but he had no foreign language phrases to deal with. He had marbles in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 266August 8, 2021 1:22 AM

r260 = Troll

by Anonymousreply 267August 8, 2021 1:23 AM

Got it r261, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 268August 8, 2021 1:25 AM

R266 I don’t disagree. I’m just stating that he was indeed desperate for the job.

by Anonymousreply 269August 8, 2021 1:27 AM

the answer is:

who is/are CBS Media Ventures The copyright holder is Jeopardy Productions, which, like SPT, operates as a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Entertainment. The rights to distribute the program worldwide are owned by CBS Media Ventures, which absorbed original distributor King World Productions in 2007.

[r264] really you are hurling insults?

by Anonymousreply 270August 8, 2021 1:29 AM

They have two choice to pick from: Le Var Burton or Anderson Cooper.

Or

they need to turn this show over to Neil deGrasse Tyson or John Stewart. Go smart or go smart/funny.

by Anonymousreply 271August 8, 2021 1:32 AM

No, they have more choices than those two r271.

by Anonymousreply 272August 8, 2021 1:35 AM

PLEASE

PLEASE

PLEASE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273August 8, 2021 1:36 AM

R259 His name wasn't featured in any of the leaks about who the alternate choices were in contention. Ken, Buzzy and Mayim all were, but he wasn't. Maybe Aaron wanted it, but it would have come at a big pay cut, so perhaps he later decided to turn it down. Or, the producers decided that they didn't want a former football player hosting the show or trying to do both things at the same time (hosting Jeopardy is a full time commitment). Clearly, it didn't work out for him in the end.

by Anonymousreply 274August 8, 2021 1:46 AM

How about Rainn Wilson? or Jim Parsons? as a tag team, or actually, they'd make a fun couple, annoying each other as Dwight Schrutt and Sheldon Cooper!

by Anonymousreply 275August 8, 2021 3:47 AM

R275 Absolutely not. I have HATED Wilson ever since he ruined Six Feet Under. Can’t stand him. And Parsons does nothing for me.

by Anonymousreply 276August 8, 2021 4:29 AM

Levar sucked. When the most interesting thing about you is that you once dated Joyce Dewitt then you know you have a problem.

Ken Much Mouth Jennings sucked. Aaron sucked.

by Anonymousreply 277August 8, 2021 5:42 AM

everyone sucked because a week is very stressful. They need to pick a person and let them grow into it.

We want Levar Burton!

by Anonymousreply 278August 8, 2021 5:47 AM

I LOATHE Ken Jennings....Love The Chase but hate it when he is front and center....

by Anonymousreply 279August 8, 2021 6:15 AM

R278 Go back to reddit. Just because you never grew up doesn’t mean the rest of us didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 280August 8, 2021 6:17 AM

What about Michael Dorn?

by Anonymousreply 281August 8, 2021 6:38 AM

I never even liked LeVar on Reading Rainbow as a kid. I always used to change the channel.

by Anonymousreply 282August 8, 2021 6:51 AM

Levar Burton was the worst.

He was so annoying...with his "YES!!!, " "that's RIGHT!" and then he was giggling and laughing at a response for no fucking reason!

by Anonymousreply 283August 8, 2021 7:09 AM

LeVar Burton was fucking embarrassing with his neediness and desperation.

But, this boringass white dude they hired...really?

They couldn't find anyone more boringass and white?

by Anonymousreply 284August 8, 2021 8:31 AM

R284, That's what makes the perfect game show host. The contest isn't about him.

by Anonymousreply 285August 8, 2021 8:34 AM

BLIND ITEM ....

So, with the athlete saying no and taking his old job, the favorite for the hosting gig is a guy who had to quit in disgrace from his last job after sexually harassing all the models on the show and discriminating against those who were a color he didn't like. The settlement was over seven figures, but I'm sure he has learned his lesson. Aaron Rodgers/"Jeopardy"/Mike Richards/"Price Is Right"

by Anonymousreply 286August 8, 2021 11:23 AM

R286 That was already posted at R211….

by Anonymousreply 287August 8, 2021 11:31 AM

Saying no? It was never offered to him!

by Anonymousreply 288August 8, 2021 11:38 AM

R168 "I think what people want is their 'favorite teacher.' Stern, professional, smart as a whip - but with a teasing, wry sense of humor."

Agree. Shame Ben Stein is too old.

by Anonymousreply 289August 8, 2021 11:58 AM

[quote] Levar Burton was the worst. He was so annoying...with his "YES!!!, " "that's RIGHT!" and then he was giggling and laughing at a response for no fucking reason!

I thought he was stoned or on speed.

by Anonymousreply 290August 8, 2021 12:14 PM

LeVar is incredibly personable but he was nervous and had never done a game show before, and it showed. I've seen him do that wide-eyed thing before on a clip from "Weird City" when his character was doing an interview, and I thought it was because he was reading off a cue card and needed his glasses.

by Anonymousreply 291August 8, 2021 12:21 PM

If they hire Mike Richards, they had better be ready for a huge viewer drop off, given his history. It would be a mistake of enormous proportions.

by Anonymousreply 292August 8, 2021 12:37 PM

Members of the press are asking Sony whether the harassment allegations are going to impact the process.

[Quote] As of this writing, it’s unknown whether or not any of this will affect Richards’ chances. Representatives for Sony Pictures Television didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment from TheWrap.

Clearly, this is on their radar. Whether it will weigh into the final decision or not remains to be seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293August 8, 2021 1:02 PM

Everyone has forgotten the most important question.

by Anonymousreply 294August 8, 2021 1:34 PM

What is, "What is verificata of sizemeat?"

by Anonymousreply 295August 8, 2021 1:38 PM

Why was this thread turned into another LeVar bash fest? Oh, yeah there’s an agenda on DL to villainize every black person 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 296August 8, 2021 1:40 PM

R294 Hmmmm. So, if he is 5'11 at 167 lbs. Just at 6", I'd say. Balls are another question.

by Anonymousreply 297August 8, 2021 1:41 PM

I am of the opinion the balls are large but not overly large. He appears to be either a heavy shooter or one who can shoot far.

by Anonymousreply 298August 8, 2021 1:45 PM

How strange that in the “me too era” that the network would put the future of the show in jeopardy, by hiring someone with his history. After all the recent conversation about Bill Cosby’s release and now that everyone knows about that guy’s past. How is even still remotely employable, for any job. They do background checks for even the lowliest positions. Yet his career seems to be unaffected. The rules are definitely different for some people.

by Anonymousreply 299August 8, 2021 1:50 PM

[quote] Why was this thread turned into another LeVar bash fest? Oh, yeah there’s an agenda on DL to villainize every black person 24/7.

Every, you say? I can't stand him. Which makes me a racist by your definition. Confusingly, I thought Robin Roberts did an excellent job! Does that make me a "semi-racist"?

by Anonymousreply 300August 8, 2021 2:22 PM

R300, agree that Robin Roberts did an excellent job, and LeVar......did not.

by Anonymousreply 301August 8, 2021 2:23 PM

[quote]How strange that in the “me too era” that the network would put the future of the show in jeopardy, by hiring someone with his history.

I see what you did there!

by Anonymousreply 302August 8, 2021 2:24 PM

R300

90% of your posts in this thread are “the evil LeVar and his fans are coming after Mike”. When even if LeVar wasn’t in the picture, this guy’s past would still come up.

by Anonymousreply 303August 8, 2021 2:34 PM

His fans do seem unhinged to me. On the other hand, I've soured on Mike myself over this stuff. I'm still open to the idea that they leaked it, so we're hearing about it at the last minute; if not, their gloating a bit much.

by Anonymousreply 304August 8, 2021 2:49 PM

[quote] He appears to be either a heavy shooter or one who can shoot far.

He looks like a jack rabbit to me. Pump and dump.

by Anonymousreply 305August 8, 2021 3:34 PM

I don't want LeVar or Mike as host. LeVar because he was terrible and secondly because his fans are unhinged. They don't care about Jeopardy. They just want to push an agenda.

I don't want Mike as host because I prefer Mayim or Buzzy. I don't dislike Ken as much as the rest do.

I thought both Robin and Austin did a great job but they won't leave their current positions.

by Anonymousreply 306August 8, 2021 4:46 PM

I don't get the sense that Mike would be a great lay. Sexual harassers rarely are good in the bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 307August 8, 2021 4:50 PM

LeVar is not getting the job. Thank GOD!

by Anonymousreply 308August 8, 2021 4:54 PM

I'm so sick of hearing about LeVar and I'm sick of his fans polluting every Facebook or Twitter thread with "LeVar should be the host of Jeopardy".

by Anonymousreply 309August 8, 2021 6:11 PM

they are going to ruin this show. I love jeopardy. they need to pick between lavar burton and anderson cooper.

by Anonymousreply 310August 8, 2021 9:49 PM

Levar sucked and Anderson is too dickless.

It should be either Mike Richards or David Faber. They were the best.

by Anonymousreply 311August 8, 2021 9:50 PM

I vote for Meredith Viera. I think she'd be perfect.

by Anonymousreply 312August 8, 2021 9:55 PM

Who the hell Is this Mike Richards thing? I'd periodically check the Jeopardy threads to see how the different guest hosts were doing, and this simp's name never seemed to pop up, nevermind doing something of distinction. And he's suddenly a first runner, rug, lawsuits and all? 😒

by Anonymousreply 313August 8, 2021 10:24 PM

I agree, R312. Meredith would be perfect indeed.

by Anonymousreply 314August 8, 2021 10:26 PM

Until recently, he was only mentioned as a possibility here by guys who found him particularly attractive, R313. At his first appearance, he mentioned that he was filling in on an emergency basis, implying that he had no interest in the job, which apparently turned out to be an untruth.

by Anonymousreply 315August 8, 2021 10:42 PM

Richards will not be hired after all. He will be #MeTooed.

by Anonymousreply 316August 8, 2021 10:57 PM

[quote]Who the hell Is this Mike Richards thing? I'd periodically check the Jeopardy threads to see how the different guest hosts were doing, and this simp's name never seemed to pop up, nevermind doing something of distinction.

Mike was mentioned multiple times here on the DL Jeopardy threads. Obviously the biggest concentration of those mentions was while his episodes were airing and immediately afterward. But his name got mentioned some after that. There was definitely a contingent here that liked him.

by Anonymousreply 317August 8, 2021 11:10 PM

Mike is not only attractive to a certain demographic of older gay men, he performed extremely well, unlike Levar, during his two week audition. Trolls attacking him are clearly NOT Jeopardy fans. By "fans", I mean viewers of at least twice a week. The woke Twitter mob probably never watched, so their opinions don't matter.

by Anonymousreply 318August 8, 2021 11:37 PM

Okay, I am gonna say it. If I saw Mike in a gay bar and he smiled at me, I would swoon. If Ken smiled at me in a gay bar, I would think he was the Eldergay's bus driver.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319August 9, 2021 12:36 AM

R319 thank you for saying what I was thinking.

by Anonymousreply 320August 9, 2021 12:37 AM

[quote] Mike is not only attractive to a certain demographic of older gay men, he performed extremely well, unlike Levar, during his two week audition. Trolls attacking him are clearly NOT Jeopardy fans.

🙄 Wrong. I’ve been watching Jeopardy since the Art Fleming days, when my Catholic grade school had it on during our lunch hour — and I don’t care for Mike Richards. So, I think that I qualify as a Jeopardy fan. Richards did an adequate and acceptable job as guest host, but there is something about him that I find creepy, insincere, and off-putting. The allegations certainly don’t help. And, he’s not that attractive.

I also think that LeVar did a dreadful job and I was glad that he was only on for one week instead of two.

I don’t care who is pushing to derail Richards as the new host — even if it turns out to be LeVar fans — because if Mike loses the job, the new host certainly won’t be LeVar. I just hope that Sony has second thoughts about installing Richards.

by Anonymousreply 321August 9, 2021 1:11 AM

Not only was Mike frequently mentioned on the Jeopardy threads when he was on, but several people talked about him afterward as well.

by Anonymousreply 322August 9, 2021 1:14 AM

Yes, Mike was popular on here. But I am surprised that he is (was?) the frontrunner.

by Anonymousreply 323August 9, 2021 1:15 AM

LOL..as a "certain demographic of aging gay man" I find Mike Richards to be bland, boring and mannequin-esque.

Which is what they used to want as a host but this is 2021.

by Anonymousreply 324August 9, 2021 1:16 AM

[quote] They couldn't find anyone more boringass and white?

I’m sure they could if they tried hard enough.

by Anonymousreply 325August 9, 2021 1:19 AM

[quote]They couldn't find anyone more boringass and white?

Yeah, Anderson Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 326August 9, 2021 1:20 AM

Tom Bergeron is out of a job these days. Why not call him? He's the most bland, boring vanilla game show host out there and he's done fucking everything from Dancing with the Stars to Hollywood Squares.

by Anonymousreply 327August 9, 2021 1:21 AM

I’m surprised they didn’t ask him. He even replaced Bob Saget as the host of America’s Funniest Home Videos. Talk about a step up in that case.

by Anonymousreply 328August 9, 2021 1:29 AM

[quote]I’ve been watching Jeopardy since the Art Fleming days, when my Catholic grade school had it on during our lunch hour

Gurl, I'm not calling you old or anything... but c'mon now.

by Anonymousreply 329August 9, 2021 1:53 AM

There is nothing special about this guy. He is not interesting enough for me. He's got that snail oil salesman quality about him and no real personality.

I liked Anderson, Robin Roberts. But they aren't gonna quit their jobs for this gig.

by Anonymousreply 330August 9, 2021 3:04 AM

R327, Tom is even older than LeVar.

[quote]Yeah, Anderson Cooper.

Anderson isn't going to uproot himself and move from NYC for this gig unless they pay him crazy money.

I hate Ken Jennings but I'd rather have him than Mike Richards at this point. They'd be wise to avoid someone who has even minor controversies attached to him this early in the game.

by Anonymousreply 331August 9, 2021 3:07 AM

[quote]Tom Bergeron is out of a job these days. Why not call him? He's the most bland, boring vanilla game show host out there and he's done fucking everything from Dancing with the Stars to Hollywood Squares.

Bergeron is 66 now. Maybe not the best choice to usher "Jeopardy!" into a new era. Even "Dancing With the Stars" gave him the heave-ho.

by Anonymousreply 332August 9, 2021 3:21 AM

Someone else is hosting this week but I didn't get his name. Older white guy with glasses.

by Anonymousreply 333August 9, 2021 3:43 AM

Mike is 46 and looks good on camera. Those were the two things in his favor.

by Anonymousreply 334August 9, 2021 3:45 AM

please do not ruin this show. I want to watch it again. Go with Le Var Burton. Hire Neil degrasse tyson or john stewart to fix this show.

by Anonymousreply 335August 9, 2021 4:03 AM

Game show hosting is a pretty easy job schedule wise. They tape a week's worth of shows in one day.

by Anonymousreply 336August 9, 2021 4:59 AM

"They couldn't find anyone more boringass and white?"

Is there a reason you needed to add the white part, LeVar?

by Anonymousreply 337August 9, 2021 5:09 AM

[quote] They couldn't find anyone more boringass and white?.. I’m sure they could if they tried hard enough.

They had Ken Jennings!

by Anonymousreply 338August 9, 2021 2:28 PM

Come on now. Who cares who it is as long as he can provide some good 7pm wank-off material? I fantasized about Alex from my first gayling days to his last. Every little twinkling in America who is just discovering his inner Christmas lights need a pretty face at 7pm. Mike can be a God for our new crop!

by Anonymousreply 339August 9, 2021 2:33 PM

^^^^^ He has a point. We have to teach our young.

by Anonymousreply 340August 9, 2021 2:34 PM

R339 I agree. Alex was fine as fuck well into the 1990s. The new guy has potential. You need someone with gravitas and just a hint of daddy sexiness.

by Anonymousreply 341August 9, 2021 2:40 PM

I have a stache thing, so was sorry Alex ditched it.

by Anonymousreply 342August 9, 2021 2:41 PM

^^^^^ Mike would look good in a stache.

by Anonymousreply 343August 9, 2021 3:01 PM

Alex probably got burned and there’s no grave. He’d be livid at this LeVar shit! Alex is rolling over in his urn at the thought of LeVar being the host.

by Anonymousreply 344August 9, 2021 5:01 PM

Mike Richards Addresses Host Search, Role in Past Bias Lawsuits:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345August 9, 2021 5:11 PM

Sounds like as the boss he was upset when a key staffer on TPIR -- one of the models -- became pregnant, with twins no less.

Not a very woke attitude in 2021, but nothing there that puts him into Cuomo or even Franken land. Unless something touchy-feely comes up, I'd say the job is his.

by Anonymousreply 346August 9, 2021 5:37 PM

Where are the shirtless photos

by Anonymousreply 347August 9, 2021 5:39 PM

This model said she knew she would be cut if she admitted she was pregnant, so she lied. Why wouldn't Mike be pissed, he just fired a girl so this lying bitch could stay. For how long? The bitch should be cancelled, not Mike.

by Anonymousreply 348August 9, 2021 5:47 PM

Hair looks fake

by Anonymousreply 349August 9, 2021 5:48 PM

[quote]Sounds like as the boss he was upset when a key staffer on TPIR -- one of the models -- became pregnant, with twins no less. Not a very woke attitude in 2021, but nothing there that puts him into Cuomo or even Franken land.

Woke? That has nothing to do with "woke" in 2021.

It's been a no, no since Aaron Spelling fired Hunter Tylo in 1996 which prompted a lawsuit that was a key stepping stone in protecting actresses who become pregnant while working. Shows haven't dared to fire an actress because she's pregnant since then. They still do, of course, they're just more sneaky about it. In 2021 Joss Whedon was slammed retroactively for doing it to Charisma Carpenter but of course he tried to blame it on other reasons.

by Anonymousreply 350August 9, 2021 6:29 PM

“Oh, yeah. No big deal.”

🙄

by Anonymousreply 351August 9, 2021 6:37 PM

R350 But it's not something he's going to get drawn and quartered for doing. If anything, it sounds like he was too honest and too open about his reaction to her pregnancy. He should have gone back to his office, closed the door, and let out a big scream.

by Anonymousreply 352August 9, 2021 6:42 PM

I don't know why, but I just can't imagine Mike screaming.

by Anonymousreply 353August 9, 2021 8:13 PM

Seems maybe Jeopardy's producers are having some second thoughts on Mike, but unless something else comes out about him soon, I have a hard time seeing him not get the job at this point.

by Anonymousreply 354August 9, 2021 11:42 PM

jeopardy is losing their long-term audience. I only could watch the full episode with La var. Anderson too. this guest hosting interview was complete BS. People (long term watchers) are not happy with the direction of the show, after the sad passing of Alex.

If they do not pick Lavar, maybe he can team up with Neil degrasse tyson and develop a real intellectual and fun show. I would watch this. I love star talk.

by Anonymousreply 355August 10, 2021 12:34 AM

[quote]People (long term watchers) are not happy with the direction of the show, after the sad passing of Alex.

How inconsiderate of Alex to go and die like that. He should have been thinking about the long term watchers and made plans not to die.

by Anonymousreply 356August 10, 2021 1:02 AM

Alex is churning in his urn!

by Anonymousreply 357August 10, 2021 1:22 AM

[quote]How inconsiderate of Alex to go and die like that. He should have been thinking about the long term watchers and made plans not to die.

That wasn't the point of the previous comment, shit for brains.

by Anonymousreply 358August 10, 2021 3:57 AM

"Mike would look good in a stache."

Yes! Also we need to see his ass in revealing shorts.

by Anonymousreply 359August 10, 2021 7:23 AM

It's official now:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360August 11, 2021 5:10 PM

He is super HAWT - I would rim him DEEP!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361August 11, 2021 5:40 PM

Ha! The woketards failed again. Mike is so hot. Bet his hole is super tight.

by Anonymousreply 362August 11, 2021 7:41 PM

Mayin to host a new Jeopardy spin-off, and Ken is on as a producer. These are some great choices. Sony knows what they are doing.

by Anonymousreply 363August 11, 2021 7:46 PM

Yeah Mike!

by Anonymousreply 364August 11, 2021 7:51 PM

terrible choices. Why hire that ugly cunt?

by Anonymousreply 365August 11, 2021 8:09 PM

Fans rip apart new ‘Jeopardy!’ hosts: ‘Was fun while it lasted’

Looks like the popularity of the new hosts of “Jeopardy!” are in fact, in jeopardy.

News broke on Wednesday that after a long and exhaustive search for the new host of the iconic game show, its executive producer, Mike Richards, and actress Mayim Bialik both scored the coveted job, with Richards in the daily hosting seat and Bialik helming spinoff interations. But fans aren’t happy with the two taking over for the late Alex Trebek.

The “Big Bang Theory” star, 45, tweeted out a response to the news: “IT’S TRUE!!! Been waiting a long time to tell you all. Really really honored and astounded and excited for this — it’s beyond anything I ever imagined could happen.”

Viewers were hoping that the new host would be fan favorite LeVar Burton — who guest-hosted the quiz show on July 26.

Meghan McCain disappointedly tweeted, “Why couldn’t they just give it to @levarburton like literally everyone on the planet wanted?”

Oscar-winning filmmaker Matthew A. Cherry interjected, “RIP Jeopardy. Was fun while it lasted.” Another fan, New York Times reporter Astead Herndon, wrote, “After all that ….. the jeopardy exec producer just chose …….. himself lmaoooo.”

“Selma” director Ava DuVernay posted a “Schitt’s Creek” meme and wrote, “Me trying to create a show right in this moment for @levarburton to host and make an international hit.”

Other fans chimed in with their thoughts on the new hosts. “I’m glad to see Mayim Bialik, but definitely was on team LeVar Burton. The two of them would’ve been great together,” wrote one user.

Journalist Jamal Jordan (known in the Twittersphere as Lil Uzi Hurt) added, “JEOPARDY CHOSE *TWO* HOSTS AND NEITHER IS NAMED LEVAR BURTON.”

Some fans were gunning for Ken Jennings, who holds the record for most consecutive wins on the show (74) and won $4.4 million over 15 years of being a contestant.

“Levar Burton is a GOAT, but terrible fit for Jeopardy. That being said, only Ken Jennings was the right fit for the main host position, not Mayim Bialik or Mike Richards,” wrote a critic.

Whined another from the other side of the argument: “Why the f–k would they not give the job to LeVar Burton? He wanted it. The audience wanted it. Instead we get random producer and Blossom,” referring to Bialik’s titular character from the ’90s teen sitcom.

Another fan reiterated, “I was genuinely excited when i thought that [Burton] was going to be the new host, and now i am genuinely disappointed (not that i can even watch the show outside the US, but i just think @levarburton should host/star in everything).”

Richards, who was the rumored front-runner, gave tribute to Trebek — who died at age 80 in November after a battle with pancreatic cancer — in the announcement that he would ascend to the podium, which Trebek had manned since 1984.

“I am deeply honored to have the opportunity to host the syndicated version of ‘Jeopardy!’” said Richards. “Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined being chosen to step into a role of this magnitude. I am incredibly humbled to step behind the lectern and will work tirelessly to make sure our brilliant contestants shine in each and every episode. Alex believed the game itself and the contestants are the most important aspects of the show. I was fortunate to witness his professionalism, intensity and kindness up close and that will serve as the ultimate blueprint as we continue to produce the show we love. I am thrilled that Mayim is joining the ‘Jeopardy!’ team. Her academic track record and enthusiasm for the game made her a terrific guest host. It will be a privilege to produce the prime time series with her as host.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366August 11, 2021 8:12 PM

There needs to be three: a white man, a white woman, and a black. That's how it's always been since American Idol.

by Anonymousreply 367August 11, 2021 8:23 PM

[quote]Viewers were hoping that the new host would be fan favorite LeVar Burton — who guest-hosted the quiz show on July 26.

What biased reporting. Makes it sound like Levar was the unanimous choice among viewers when it was anything but that.

But its the NY Post, so I guess that's par for the course.

by Anonymousreply 368August 11, 2021 8:25 PM

These woketards are turning me against Levar who I liked. Mayim was my first choice and thought she had no chance so this is exciting news. Would've liked to have her as permanent host.

by Anonymousreply 369August 11, 2021 8:27 PM

R366, the few will always have the loudest voice but not necessarily represent the masses.

by Anonymousreply 370August 11, 2021 8:32 PM

You go Mike!!!! GREAT choice!!

by Anonymousreply 371August 11, 2021 8:50 PM

I'm not ruling her out, R369. Seems like a way to make her heir-apparent assuming Mike doesn't last long.

by Anonymousreply 372August 11, 2021 9:14 PM

Twitter is abuzz about multiple alleged sexual harassment accusations that have been filed against him.

I'd definitely be suspicious of any producer who looks like this guy. He looks like he was born to be a game show host.

by Anonymousreply 373August 11, 2021 9:24 PM

R372, that is an interesting thought...and you never know nowadays. You think something is certain and then something from your past in grade school makes you a piriah.

by Anonymousreply 374August 11, 2021 9:26 PM

R362 why does it matter? He doesn’t bottom you perverted stupid fuck.

by Anonymousreply 375August 11, 2021 9:26 PM

Faux searches for positions that will be inevitably awarded to the internal candidate rub me the wrong way. Just skip the show and give the guy the job if you're going to do it after getting people's hopes up anyway.

by Anonymousreply 376August 11, 2021 9:27 PM

R368 seriously. Not everyone wanted Levar Burton. His guest appearance sucked.

by Anonymousreply 377August 11, 2021 9:28 PM

R375 hun, relax....just a comment.

by Anonymousreply 378August 11, 2021 9:28 PM

[quote] Who the fuck still watches Jeopardy?

Those who like to challenge their depth and breadth of knowledge. And exercise their brains’ fluency.

by Anonymousreply 379August 11, 2021 9:31 PM

Mike was hired as Executive Producer two or three months before Alex died. It's reasonable to assume he was purposely brought in to one day fill Alex's shoes. So to blame him for Cheney-like selecting himself is offside.

That said, the host competition was in retrospect a bad idea. It was jarring to watch a new host every week or two, and inevitably a sizable bloc of viewers was going to be upset that its favorite wasn't selected.

Only upside is it garnered Jeopardy a lot of publicity.

by Anonymousreply 380August 11, 2021 10:19 PM

Thank GOD LeVar wasn’t hired!!! Thank fucking god.

by Anonymousreply 381August 11, 2021 10:21 PM

Is the backlash spontaneous or does LVB have a PR team organizing this?

by Anonymousreply 382August 11, 2021 10:26 PM

Levar has hundreds of thousands of self-anointed hipster social media followers who grew up on Reading Rainbow and Star Trek. None of them would ever deign to watch anything as square as Jeopardy, but that hasn’t stop them from weighing in.

by Anonymousreply 383August 11, 2021 10:29 PM

By all means, hire the rich, white, cis straight man. That's the way the world works after all.

by Anonymousreply 384August 11, 2021 10:41 PM

[quote]None of them would ever deign to watch anything as square as Jeopardy, but that hasn’t stop them from weighing in.

Jeopardy has about 6 million viewers a week. Last year over the first three months of the year it averaged 10 million.

People should really stop assuming that anyone that disagrees with their choice for host doesn't watch the show regularly.

I wasn't for LeVar and I know the show has higher viewership than some streaming shows or even shows on networks like the CW.

by Anonymousreply 385August 11, 2021 11:00 PM

[quote]Meghan McCain disappointedly tweeted, “Why couldn’t they just give it to @levarburton like literally everyone on the planet wanted?”

That is total bullshit -- in other words, just what you'd expect from her.

I've said from the beginning that the choice should have been Ken Jennings, and I think they are going to regret not giving it to him. And P.S. they didn't really need this "two host" nonsense, which I guess was done just to soften the blow of giving the daily spot to Richards.

by Anonymousreply 386August 11, 2021 11:12 PM

Why that ugly bitch with the ugly clothes?!!

by Anonymousreply 387August 11, 2021 11:14 PM

[quote] We knew early on that we wanted to divide the hosting responsibilities and it became very clear that Mike and Mayim were the undeniable choices.

I smell a set-up job...

by Anonymousreply 388August 12, 2021 12:06 AM

Go Mike!!!

by Anonymousreply 389August 12, 2021 12:47 AM

So Mayim has been waiting a "long time" to tell us she was selected? I wonder if Mike Richards has know for a long time as well?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390August 12, 2021 12:56 AM

[Quote] Jeopardy has about 6 million viewers a week. Last year over the first three months of the year it averaged 10 million.

Yeah, I'm curious to see how the ratings come in this fall. If they tank, the producers will come to feel they made a mistake here and perhaps will change course for the following season if it gets bad enough.

by Anonymousreply 391August 12, 2021 12:59 AM

I'd bet a modest amount these are one-season contracts, with no guarantees for who'll be hosting in Sept '22.

by Anonymousreply 392August 12, 2021 1:23 AM

R391, yeah I was looking at a bunch of articles to get those numbers. It seems like the ratings have definitely been dropping by the millions.

The press release announcing the "winners" and the reports from official industry outlets all had careful wording. It was clear to me that Mayim was there to offset any negative feelings for Mike. Even the headline wordings were vague, unless you read the articles you'd really think they were really splitting hosting duties. Since it's not like Mayim will start "tomorrow," I could have seen them announcing Mike as the host, then when the new show is about to air, announcing Mayim. Nope, they had to do them together.

Putting her on the spinoff in primetime and specials will allow them to pay her more (advertisers that spend more money from 8 PM on) than they would if she hosted the main show. She'll still be able to work on other things. She'll bring in a few Big Bang fans. People still remember her as "Blossom" to this day anyway.

It's also obvious that Mayim and Mike have been talking a lot. I have no doubt in my mind that he helped pick her just as much as he had input on picking himself. They also chose someone that did well from all reports in terms of her Q rating but she's also different enough from Mike that she's not his competition and she scores diversity points. She couldn't take over the main show full time as she has another show and could easily book more work that pays more than this show does.

by Anonymousreply 393August 12, 2021 1:41 AM

I will not be watching that ugly cunt

by Anonymousreply 394August 12, 2021 2:14 AM

LE Var developed your own intelligent quiz show. I'll watch.

by Anonymousreply 395August 12, 2021 2:21 AM

there are now two jeopardy shows, and neither have levar burton as the host. What a werid PR move, managed to piss off your loyal audience. Who was behind this stunt? Dumbass Mike Richards?

by Anonymousreply 396August 12, 2021 2:26 AM

As expected, the LeVar Loons are in overdrive on Twitter and entertainment sites, polluting threads with their sense of entitlement.

I'm not thrilled with Mike as host (should have been Buzzy and Mayim) but LeVar is a terrible choice.

by Anonymousreply 397August 12, 2021 2:28 AM

How smart is this guy?

He did a PR stunt where the loyal audience picked everyone other than him. More people wanted LeVar Burton too. If he was going host all along, perhaps he should not have done a PR stunt.

DUMBASS. Do you want a dumbass host for Jeopardy?

by Anonymousreply 398August 12, 2021 2:33 AM

LeVar sucked. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 399August 12, 2021 2:35 AM

R367 Paula isn’t White, she is a Yemeni Jew.

by Anonymousreply 400August 12, 2021 2:44 AM

No blacks on Jeopardy plz.

by Anonymousreply 401August 12, 2021 5:20 AM

"I'm in my early 30s and my sex life is already over. " Says the loser Dejure

by Anonymousreply 402August 12, 2021 5:23 AM

That fat slob Meghan McCain spoke for everyone on the planet???? Um NO dear, not everyone on the planet wanted Burton. Far from it.

by Anonymousreply 403August 12, 2021 6:28 AM

[italic]Everyone[/italic] who's [bold]anyone[/bold] wanted him!

by Anonymousreply 404August 12, 2021 11:58 AM

I don't like either of them, esp that ugly cunt.

by Anonymousreply 405August 12, 2021 12:42 PM

I'd be interested to hear from others out there who feel, like me, that Ken Jennings would CLEARLY have been the best choice, both because he did so well as host and, perhaps even more importantly, because of his connection to Alex. I would imagine that a vast majority of JEOPARDY! fans watched the show at some point during Ken's marathon run as champion, so they saw and heard him interacting with Alex during all of that time. Of course, Mike Richards also has a connection to Alex in his capacity as a producer of the show, but that was a behind-the-scenes connection, so it's not in the consciousness of the viewing public.

Of course, the thing about these situations is you can never now how things would have turned out if there had been a different decision, but I expect the show's ratings and popularity going forward would have been much healthier with Ken Jennings as host than with ANY of the others, even though I thought most of the others did a very good job of hosting as well.

by Anonymousreply 406August 12, 2021 1:00 PM

I wouldn't have minded Ken, but not broken up about it not being him either - are we certain he wanted final consideration? Definitely not the job for James, but I'm wondering why Brad (the other Musketeer superstar) has been completely absent from all this? Myself, I think Buzzy would've been a better choice; then again, I'm the one feeling next season is tentative/trial/provisional rather than a long-term resolution.

by Anonymousreply 407August 12, 2021 1:08 PM

I am with you R406, even though I totally understand why they went with Mike Richards. Ken may have been almost too perfect for the gig but he's not as camera friendly as Mike. His looks are a little too middle America and little too "aw shucks".

This is TV and Mike is just the better overall package, he can host, and he's good looking. And let's not forget that Alex started as one of Lin Bolen's studs so it's hard not to say there isn't a precedent for this type of thing over at Jeopardy.

As for Mayim, there is a different standard for what she's going to do so her unconventional look actually plays in her favor.

As for Burton, he is just too old and they'd have to do another search in a few years. They going to get at least 20 years out of Mike.

by Anonymousreply 408August 12, 2021 1:24 PM

On a game show you can't have a host who outshines the contestants. The host needs to keep the focus on the contestants, put them at ease, and let them shine. Just as Alex did with Ken.

You may like Ken as a person and enjoy watching him, but he is fundamentally a contestant by nature -- you can smell his competitive instincts -- and that makes him unsuitable for hosting Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 409August 12, 2021 1:44 PM

I can't be more specific, but there's something about Ken's voice that felt too thin and reedy. Unlike the incompetent Burton, he would have been ok, but I still prefer Mike Richards, Mayim, or Buzzy.

by Anonymousreply 410August 12, 2021 1:51 PM

[quote]I'm wondering why Brad (the other Musketeer superstar) has been completely absent from all this?

I just assume he wasn't interested. I always enjoyed watching him as a contestant, because I responded very well to his personality, but I don't know if that personality would work well as a game-show host. And again, maybe he just didn't want the job.

[quote]Ken may have been almost too perfect for the gig but he's not as camera friendly as Mike. His looks are a little too middle America and little too "aw shucks". This is TV and Mike is just the better overall package, he can host, and he's good looking.

I agree that Mike is very good looking, but I'm sure we can think of several highly successful TV hosts who are not especially good looking. It's a nice plus, but not essential in my opinion, and not the most important factor.

[quote]You may like Ken as a person and enjoy watching him, but he is fundamentally a contestant by nature -- you can smell his competitive instincts -- and that makes him unsuitable for hosting Jeopardy.

I didn't get that from him AT ALL when he was hosting, and I'm sure you never would have made that silly remark if you hadn't first gotten to know him as a contestant.

[quote]I can't be more specific, but there's something about Ken's voice that felt too thin and reedy.

As I've said previously, I do agree with that, but I thought his other qualifications for the job more than outweighed that slight liability.

by Anonymousreply 411August 12, 2021 2:24 PM

Mike Richards has gayface. And he is already in the show, so BIG SUPRISE, they picked an insider.

The fact they didn't go with anyone but a white males smacks of racism.

by Anonymousreply 412August 12, 2021 2:27 PM

R412=blithering idiot.

by Anonymousreply 413August 12, 2021 2:39 PM

I said it before and I will say it again. If I was in a gay bar and Mike smiled at me, I would swoon. If Ken smiled at me, I would think he was the Eldergay's bus driver. Simple as that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414August 12, 2021 2:59 PM

[quote]I said it before and I will say it again. If I was in a gay bar and Mike smiled at me, I would swoon. If Ken smiled at me, I would think he was the Eldergay's bus driver. Simple as that.

Right, and THAT should be the primary criterion for the new host of JEOPARDY!

I THINK you're joking, or half-joking, but still, do you realize how frivolously gay you sound?

by Anonymousreply 415August 12, 2021 3:04 PM

^^^^ Just being American!

by Anonymousreply 416August 12, 2021 3:07 PM

^^^ And that, my dears, is why were are all in this mess to begin with. Entitlement without license.

by Anonymousreply 417August 12, 2021 3:09 PM

I'll reserve judgment until we see beach pics of Mike, walking in the surf with no shirt on.

by Anonymousreply 418August 12, 2021 3:13 PM

I like Mike Richards….he’s a strong, unassuming host. I’m not on board with Mayim….she a little “much” for my liking.

by Anonymousreply 419August 12, 2021 3:19 PM

Can we get over how 'hard' this role was? You ask questions from the board and people answer. Big deal - everyone will get into their groove and manner of doing it after 20 shows.

I think it would be great if Jeopardy kept a revolving list of hosts - it makes it more interesting. Alex Trebek was fine - but I don't understand all the love he got - he was wooden as hell and a bit pompous. He was just on the show forever - I guess longevity can make you like them.

by Anonymousreply 420August 12, 2021 3:23 PM

I remember someone asked Pat Sajak what he did, and he said "I sell vowels for a living. That's all".

by Anonymousreply 421August 12, 2021 3:33 PM

R421 - Pat Sajak is another asshole I'd like to see leave television altogether. And he's a rabid right-winger as well.

He's been on too long. 40 years is enough. Time to retire these Boomers and get some younger blood.

All of these aging boomers clinging on to these jobs that were opened for them because the previous hosts were getting older - now, they never want to leave. Typical.

by Anonymousreply 422August 12, 2021 4:11 PM

R420 The host's personality sets the tone of the show, particularly as it's expressed in his voice, since reading clues and verifying responses comprise the dominant element of Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 423August 12, 2021 4:19 PM

Who knew Pat was a Datalounger?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424August 12, 2021 4:48 PM

Just confirming certain rumors, R424!

by Anonymousreply 425August 12, 2021 5:48 PM

[quote]On a game show you can't have a host who outshines the contestants. The host needs to keep the focus on the contestants, put them at ease, and let them shine. Just as Alex did with Ken.

I completely respect what you're saying but I'd argue that the only reason there's all this hullabaloo over who will host the show is because Alex was an important part of the show.

If it were another host on another show they would have replaced him within a week or two and moved on.

Ken shined because he did exceptionally well but at the end of the day Alex was the constant.

by Anonymousreply 426August 12, 2021 8:43 PM

Ratings went down with Fill In Hosts. Now that Mike Richards' previous treatment of female employees has become public and his self-appointment for Trebek's job, should be good reason for the ratings to remain in the low numbers.

by Anonymousreply 427August 12, 2021 8:54 PM

He sucks. I’m never gonna watch it again.

by Anonymousreply 428August 13, 2021 12:19 AM

Gayface for miles.

by Anonymousreply 429August 13, 2021 8:23 AM

People will move on. By Christmas, Alex's memory will be gone.

by Anonymousreply 430August 13, 2021 12:44 PM

Some memories will come back, such as Alex's disgust the time none of the contestants buzzed in for an entire category. At times there'll be thoughts of "Alex would've [italic]loved[/italic] that!"

by Anonymousreply 431August 13, 2021 1:19 PM

[quote]Some memories will come back, such as Alex's disgust the time none of the contestants buzzed in for an entire category.

Fun times!

by Anonymousreply 432August 13, 2021 1:20 PM

She'll do great! I've often wondered what she did after she left WJM News.

by Anonymousreply 433August 14, 2021 12:42 AM

Let's talk about money.

Alex was said to be making $10 million/year. I'd guess Mike would be pulling in one-third of that initially, around $3.5 million, maybe less.

Aaron considers himself a star and would probably have wanted much closer to Alex's drawdown. That may have been a good reason he's not the next host. Anderson Cooper would also have wanted star bucks for hosting.

Dr. Oz would have done the job for free.

by Anonymousreply 434August 14, 2021 8:57 AM

Aaron is absolutely loaded, overflowing with money, and desperately wanted the job. He's the one that would have done it for free, or taken a salary and donated it all to charity. Don't forget that Mike is keeping the EP jobs, so it's not like they needed to pay him what Alex got. I repeat that it wouldn't shock me that there's a deal for Mayim to wrap up her current stuff over the winter, to take over full time next year.

by Anonymousreply 435August 14, 2021 12:22 PM

Who set up the line-up of candidates for the gig? Mike Richards. He set the whole thing up with candidates that were meant to choke or not serious contenders, because they have obligations that would keep them from accepting the gig.

by Anonymousreply 436August 14, 2021 1:55 PM

I suspect that Mike has a one-year contract to host and Mayim does too.

Next summer, they will evaluate how Mike did with the regular game and how Mayim does with the prime time specials. If Mike's numbers are too low, Mayim might move over to host the regular game after that.

by Anonymousreply 437August 14, 2021 2:02 PM

It was a CONSPIRACY against LeVar. They KNEW the Olympics would be airing when his episodes would air which meant FEWER people would see LeVar's WONDERFUL hosting. They SABOTAGED him!!

He wasn't given a fair chance. They didn't give him an EXTRA week as the other hosts did. It was UNFAIR!!!!

It was a conspiracy and it was RACISM.

It's all about WHITE PRIVILEGE AND WHITE FRAGILITY!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 438August 14, 2021 2:02 PM

R435 That's not the way it works when you're rich or even very very rich. Money simply creates the need for more. There's never enough.

Further, Aaron is a star and expects star treatment. Sony could easily have decided it didn't want to have to deal with a star's ego. Being an absolute nobody sometimes has its advantages. Just ask Mike.

by Anonymousreply 439August 14, 2021 2:06 PM

I think Aaron's problem is being a white male primarily in terms of consideration. I get that the rich need more, but in his case I think he really wanted a way out of football; if he simply "left" where would he go?

I don't think the "suits" are fully behind him, but are stalling for time since they can't spend a whole season with rotation. Alex wasn't perfect, coming off as nasty at times.

by Anonymousreply 440August 14, 2021 2:18 PM

They were just doing Aaron a favor, he's supposedly a big fan and they gave him a chance to be the host...plus they probably wanted to gain new eyeballs, targeting new demographics, fans who don't usually watch but will tune in to see Aaron. all about marketing...win win in their eyes.

He was never a serious contender...don't be daft.

by Anonymousreply 441August 14, 2021 3:37 PM

[quote] plus they probably wanted to gain new eyeballs, targeting new demographics, fans who don't usually watch but will tune in to see Aaron.

Didn't a previous poster claim that LeVar Burton was dismissed not only because he was bad, but also because his rabid fans on social media most likely don't watch Jeopardy anyway? They would've watched it and praised him and the show. Free advertising.

Would be weird if the new demographic with Aaron was a plus and the new demographic with LeVar Burton was a negative.

by Anonymousreply 442August 14, 2021 3:46 PM

Who in the media read this thread and aired out the stuff from the podcast at R142 that got Mike Richards fired?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443August 20, 2021 2:28 PM

That ugly cunt better not take over.

The old jeopardy episodes are so good!

by Anonymousreply 444August 20, 2021 2:35 PM

Wow, he seems awful. Bye, bitch.

And stop blaming LeVar and his fans for this terrible man’s actions, you racist deplorable fucks. I’m not even a LeVar fan, but what you are doing is disgraceful.

by Anonymousreply 445August 20, 2021 2:35 PM

If LeVar gets the job…

Just NO.

by Anonymousreply 446August 20, 2021 2:50 PM

I am so sick of hearing about LeVar and his entitled fans.

I love Jeopardy but this endless and exhaustive search for a new host is killing the show and killing my love for the show.

They're airing old episodes of the show and watching Alex again just reminds me why the show worked so well - it focused on the game and Alex was such a perfect host. All these distractions and whining over who should be host are what Jeopardy is about.

by Anonymousreply 447August 20, 2021 3:00 PM

Agreed that, in retrospect, the whole idea of having a series of guest hosts of JEOPARDY!, with the implication that at least some of them were auditioning for the permanent job, was an epic mistake.

I wish the producers would now just give the job to Ken Jennings. It seems almost a no-brainer to me that this would be the wisest course of action by far, but for whatever reasons, I'm sure they won't take it.

by Anonymousreply 448August 20, 2021 3:24 PM

After the 8 million dollar Prices Right lawsuit, why did Sony hire him and then promote him to host? Think about all of the low paying nothing jobs that require extensive background checks. Mike Richards had no problems getting a high profile, high paying job. Why in the "me too" era, even after his troubled past was revealed, was Sony determined to push this?

by Anonymousreply 449August 20, 2021 3:47 PM

R449

Exactly.

He must be sucking the right dicks of some higher ups.

by Anonymousreply 450August 20, 2021 3:53 PM

So, did they really do a day of taping with him? It wouldn't be fair to the contestants to pretend it never happened. Will be get some Mike episodes first to kick off yet more rotation?

by Anonymousreply 451August 20, 2021 7:49 PM

Do like George Burns did when he introduced a new Harry Morton. Freeze the action mid-show, introduce the new host, then unfreeze and restart with the new host standing where Mike had just been.

by Anonymousreply 452August 20, 2021 8:15 PM

Alright, well this is just getting tiresome. I mean, really.

by Anonymousreply 453August 20, 2021 9:15 PM

I'll rim him to make him feel better! DEEP!!

by Anonymousreply 454August 20, 2021 9:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!