Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'Donald Trump Bled Tonight in Texas:' Reaction As Trump Pick Defeated in House Runoff

Donald Trump's power as a GOP kingmaker has suffered a blow after voters chose Republican Jake Ellzey over the former president's pick for a vacant seat in Congress, sparking claims that he is "not bulletproof."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 30, 2021 2:05 AM

[quote] 'Donald Trump Is Dead Tonight in Texas:'

There, I fixed it for you.

He's finished.

No one cares about that fucker any more.

by Anonymousreply 1July 28, 2021 6:31 PM

KTMFA

by Anonymousreply 2July 28, 2021 6:34 PM

It’s common that who he endorses loses

by Anonymousreply 3July 28, 2021 6:36 PM

Keep bleeding 💩 💩 💩 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

by Anonymousreply 4July 28, 2021 6:38 PM

May it all crash down on him like Surfside.

by Anonymousreply 5July 28, 2021 6:40 PM

Embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 6July 28, 2021 6:52 PM

What a loser.

by Anonymousreply 7July 28, 2021 6:58 PM

Sadly, it doesn't matter. These fuckwads will continue to lick his fascist boots.

by Anonymousreply 8July 28, 2021 7:02 PM

What the article doesn’t make clear is that this runoff election was open to all voters. It wasn’t a primary with just Republican voters. Since it was only a 6 point margin, it can be assumed that Republicans voters largely did vote for Wright but Democrats and a good number of Republicans voted for Ellzey, giving him the victory. Obviously, in a runoff with two Republicans and no Democrat, Democrats are going to vote for the candidate not endorsed by Trump.

by Anonymousreply 9July 28, 2021 7:02 PM

r9 thanks for pointing that out, that hasnt been mentioned in other articles.

The headline on this is such bullshit clickbait. Many trump endorsed candidates have lost. Madison Cawthorn is an example of someone who beat a Trump endorsed candidate in the primary.

Trump endorsements seem to matter the most when the other Republican is ANTI Trump. All of them lose. In this case, just like Bush in Texas not getting his endorsement, it really doesn't matter because they're still Trump ass kissers. When people like Cheney, Kinzinger or someone even less high profile can speak out about Trump and win their R primary, that's when he'll be bloodied. Till then, nothing to see here

by Anonymousreply 10July 28, 2021 7:14 PM

Try to spin this one too r9 (Kellyanne Conway)

‘He’s a Great Guy’: Trump’s Favored Aide Has Troubled Past

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 28, 2021 7:14 PM

[quote] sparking claims that he is "not bulletproof."

I’d like to test that theory.

by Anonymousreply 12July 28, 2021 7:18 PM

I can't even see R9. Probably a regular right wing troll.

by Anonymousreply 13July 28, 2021 8:05 PM

Was he bleeding out of his…wherever?

by Anonymousreply 14July 28, 2021 8:08 PM

So are you saying when ALL people can actually vote, Trump flying monkeys lose?

Gee, it's almost like the overwhelming majority of voters actually fucking hate Trump's guts.

by Anonymousreply 15July 28, 2021 8:16 PM

R13 you probably blocked him before? this is why i dont block people

The theory put forth by r9 (which has merit) is that because this a runoff between two republicans of decent standing in the Republican party, but in a district with a good amount of democrats, the winner was decided by Democrats who voted for the R who was NOT endorsed by Trump.

(This was an open primary, like we have in CA, so the top two vote getters were Republican and #3 was a democrat....all those D voters who show up on election day anyway were forced to choose the lesser of two evils). Solid analysis that actually i havent seen elsewhere since so many headlines just cheer that Trump took a loss, as if he gives a shit.

by Anonymousreply 16July 28, 2021 10:15 PM

Paywalled. Cut and paste next time you want us to read something.

by Anonymousreply 17July 28, 2021 10:17 PM

Well, he is very busy trying to stop the infrastructure bill. He is telling the republicunts they had better not vote for it, just to prevent Biden's success. Why won't he just fucking die already?

by Anonymousreply 18July 28, 2021 11:35 PM

What a loser.

by Anonymousreply 19July 28, 2021 11:45 PM

CUNTS

by Anonymousreply 20July 28, 2021 11:48 PM

Only about 40,000 people in the district bothered to vote at all, I doubt many were motivated Democrats seeking to boost the non-Trump candidate.

by Anonymousreply 21July 29, 2021 12:11 AM

It just has to be asked because this is Texas, but could the fact that one was a women have had anything to do with the outcome?

by Anonymousreply 22July 29, 2021 12:30 AM

[quote] "Donald Trump Bled Tonight in Texas..."

If only he'd bleed internally.

by Anonymousreply 23July 29, 2021 12:41 AM

It’s possible. Because you know they don’t like their women to be learned. No sir. Barefoot and pregnant is the only way deplorables will have it.

by Anonymousreply 24July 29, 2021 12:43 AM

[quote] I’d like to test that theory.

Is Jodi Foster on Cameo? Maybe someone should ask her to make a video confessing her crush on Trump and then send it to John Hinckley Jr.

by Anonymousreply 25July 29, 2021 1:16 AM

Trump's candidate loses an election, and tonight 17 Senate Republicans voted to advance the infrastructure bill ... is it possible that his influence is finally waning? Once it's gone, it ain't comin' back. I hope he starts losing, and losing, and losing.

by Anonymousreply 26July 29, 2021 3:43 AM

Look, there already aren't enough Republicans in this country to justify the power they have. Red states with fewer people than a single city in a blue state have too much power. They've lost 8 of 9 general elections insofar as the popular vote and the electoral college will eventually look so ridiculous that it will need to end. There are even fewer Trump supporters. The rabid ones are just very loud, but there are far more people who vote Dem and would like nothing more than to see Trump die or be in prison. He is loathed by normal, decent Americans. He is worshiped by fascist trash who do not believe in democracy - clearly.

It makes zero sense to continue to kiss that fat fuck's ass because his support will in fact wane. His rallies are pathetic and his message never changes "me, me, me, me." How stupid must you be to keep supporting a pile of shit who only gives a shit about himself?

by Anonymousreply 27July 29, 2021 4:03 AM

Oh, silly R11 with your concern about assault against a lady!

If a guy beats on a woman, R11, say like Trump's favorite Brad "Driveway Sobber" Parscale did to his wife, or refuses to pay another lady her owed child support or secretly slips her an abortion pill, like another Trump BFF Jason "Fatface" Miller, or mocks a 10 year old immigrant female with Downs like Trump buddy Corey "Drunk on-Air on 10/12/19" Lewandowski then they only go UP in Deplorable estimation and in Trump's eyes!

by Anonymousreply 28July 29, 2021 4:12 AM

And now Elizabeth Warren is telling CA voters how to vote on Newsom’s recall election, bashing Trump along the way. The ad literally shows how to vote with a ballot in the demonstration. Do the CA Dems really think she’s going to affect the outcome? Newsom will do well on his own.

by Anonymousreply 29July 29, 2021 4:21 AM

Jeb's son embarrassed himself for nothing, Dump endorsed somebody else. smdh

by Anonymousreply 30July 29, 2021 4:25 AM

Her own state wanted her to STFU in the primary so I have no idea why she's talking to Californians.

Don't they have Katie Porter and her white board? WTF needs Lecturing Liz when you have Katie Porter???

by Anonymousreply 31July 29, 2021 4:30 AM

[quote] His rallies are pathetic and his message never changes "me, me, me, me." How stupid must you be to keep supporting a pile of shit who only gives a shit about himself?

Amazing, isn’t it? His narcissism is overwhelming to me. What weak-minded fools his supporters are. Hopefully, COVID thins that noxious herd.

by Anonymousreply 32July 29, 2021 4:33 AM

I hope he was wearing a fresh Depends when he heard the news.

by Anonymousreply 33July 29, 2021 4:36 AM

r30 Not the case. George P Bush still has a great shot of winning that primary. He didn't shit on Trump, he just failed to get the endorsement. The guy who did has a lot of ethical problems. Bush remains a viable candidate, which he would not have if he had shit on Trump.

Again, Trump endorsements help but aren't a guarantee of anything. The only thing that is a guarantee to lose your seat is to be anti-Trump in the Republican party.

by Anonymousreply 34July 29, 2021 7:40 AM

r34 I still think George P shouldn't have kissed Dump's ring after how Dump shit on his family.

by Anonymousreply 35July 29, 2021 8:58 PM

I knew that little brown one would betray the family.

by Anonymousreply 36July 29, 2021 9:27 PM

r36 I think of that every time I see him

by Anonymousreply 37July 29, 2021 9:47 PM

Everything Trump touches turns to shit!

by Anonymousreply 38July 29, 2021 9:50 PM

r35 You think G.P.B. didn't carefully plan out his approach with his dad, uncle, and ten other advisors/family friends?

by Anonymousreply 39July 29, 2021 11:38 PM

Most Democrats don't show up for open primaries between two Republicans, even in open primaries.

r9 is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 40July 29, 2021 11:55 PM

R40, it wasn’t a primary, so you are full of shit and are freely dispensing it.

by Anonymousreply 41July 30, 2021 12:06 AM

He’s never been a kingpin. Just bullshit PR.

by Anonymousreply 42July 30, 2021 1:55 AM

R40 I'm a lifelong Democrat who voted in a Republican run off in an open primary. There was a shit-head right-wing radio commentator named Chris McDaniel running against doddering (but for the South, moderate) Thad Cochran. Of COURSE you vote against the lesser of the evils if you're able. It's our country we're trying to save.

by Anonymousreply 43July 30, 2021 2:03 AM

And when the people with the masks showed up and they called Trump hq and said - shit, we got trouble here - I mean, you know those with masks were Dems.

by Anonymousreply 44July 30, 2021 2:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!