Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dominique Dunne, the actress and delightful human being .

I’m sad that her name is synonymous with murder and failed justice . She was a remarkable actress based on the small amount of work she did. This is a TV movie with Dominique, Dennis Weaver , Valerie Harper and Ally Sheedy .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253April 3, 2022 6:50 AM

Dominique would have been a ⭐️ no question. I hate her killer.

by Anonymousreply 1July 25, 2021 4:55 PM

A free spirit

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2021 9:33 PM

Odd how in Poltergeist 2 they don't even mention her. Would have been so easy to say she was off in college.

Her character was sort of out of place in the original. She was always just going to stay at a friend's house and don't know why they make a point to say the mother is 32 and the daughter is 16.

They were supposed to be just a typical American family. Why make her a teenage mother?

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2021 10:18 PM

R3, the powers that be on Poltergeist 1and two were heartless. But the cast and crew of Poltergeist loved Dominique and even Spielberg praised her acting talent . He said she had “ natural ability.”

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2021 10:30 PM

Wait. Who wrote about the OJ Trial for Vanity Fair???

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2021 11:02 PM

Dominick Dunne , her dad .

by Anonymousreply 6July 27, 2021 4:05 AM

R3- This was mentioned in another Dominique Dunn thread- She was NOT needed in the movie. The two young children were all that were needed and the mother especially was TOO young to have a 16 year old daughter. It's just like in the movie Back To The Future - Wendi Jo Sperber and Marc McClure were TOTALLY out of place in that movie. TOO OLD to be the children of such young parents and didn't serve ANY purpose in the movie. I know the directors or producers were the same people who did I Wanna Hold Your Hand in 1978 and both actors starred in that movie.

by Anonymousreply 7July 27, 2021 4:13 AM

Oh great. A Dominique Dunne troll. You already started another thread. Why not use that one?

by Anonymousreply 8July 27, 2021 4:14 AM

She made Poltergeist better in my opinion. She deserves her own troll.

by Anonymousreply 9July 27, 2021 4:34 AM

Made thread to celebrate her life and roles .

by Anonymousreply 10July 27, 2021 4:36 AM

She does have one of the original film's most memorable moments with the "what's happening!!" screams. (although that scene was sort of annoying in that you want her to just get in the car and stop yelling.)

by Anonymousreply 11July 27, 2021 4:37 AM

True r11 . She didn’t direct lol

by Anonymousreply 12July 27, 2021 4:41 AM

She really was a great actor . She was beloved by everyone she knew . Sad 😞

by Anonymousreply 13July 27, 2021 2:49 PM

Bump . Anyone know her or work with her?

by Anonymousreply 14July 28, 2021 1:58 AM

Dominique worked with the great lady Janis Paige , Dody Goodman and Peter Brady at his hottest . It’s high camp TV movie .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 28, 2021 3:50 PM

Quintana Roo, especially as an only child, was very close to her cousin. Supposedly, John and Joan went to Europe with her out of fear that she might be called to testify in the trial and say things that might of hurt her cousin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 28, 2021 4:20 PM

R16, what could she say that would hurt Dominique? Dominique was a innocent person with a good heart.

by Anonymousreply 17July 28, 2021 4:22 PM

R17 My guess is maybe about drug use, even something like weed would have been provocative back then.

by Anonymousreply 18July 28, 2021 4:31 PM

From all I know, Dominique did not do drugs, drank moderately and loved to take dance classes to stay in shape . Her evil killer however, drank and took percodans . There was bad blood between Mr. Don and his brother. Did you know that John dunne and Joan Didion dined at MA Maison AFTER Dominique’s murder? This understandably infuriated Nick Dunne. I believe that was an excuse for Roo Dunne.

by Anonymousreply 19July 28, 2021 4:37 PM

Dominique was the victim. Her trial was a travesty of justice .

by Anonymousreply 20July 28, 2021 4:37 PM

Dominique spoke fluent Italian. She had a great circle of friends and loved playing softball. She was essentially the god daughter of Natalie Wood.

by Anonymousreply 21July 29, 2021 5:03 AM

Wolfgang Puck paid for the murderer’s defense. The guy worked for Wolfgang.

by Anonymousreply 22July 29, 2021 5:07 AM

Patrick Terell the owner paid for killer’s defense . Peck left to open Spago .

by Anonymousreply 23July 29, 2021 5:29 AM

I hope Sweeney gets his karma soon

by Anonymousreply 24July 29, 2021 3:30 PM

From the transcript of Dominick Dunne's interview on the Larry King show in 2006:

KING: Our guest is Dominick Dunne and his always, always interesting column in "Vanity Fair." The latest one he writes about his encounter with George Clooney and the unique connection between the two, tell us about it. DUNNE: Well, you know, Larry, it was an amazing thing. I was at a party given by Barbara Walters and Don Hewitt, you know, the producer of "60 Minutes," and they were giving the party in honor of the film "Goodnight and Good Luck." And, George Clooney and David Strathairn and so forth and Frank Langella, who are all -- who played Bill Paley and Edward R. Murrow and Fred Friendly.

And there were 90 people there and I have never met George Clooney, although I lived in Beverly Hills and his aunt Rosemary Clooney I knew very well and her kids were friends with my kids growing up in Beverly Hills but I had never met George.

And, at that party it was at the Four Seasons, I was sitting, I think I was talking to Lesley Stahl and somebody came up behind me and put his hands very hard on my shoulders, so I couldn't kind of turn around. And I finally got around like this and it was George Clooney.

And so I hopped up and I said, "Oh, George, George, I'm so glad finally to meet you and congratulations on your thing and your three nominations and your this." And he was going "Yes, yes, yes" waiting for me to get through it.

And he said, "I've got something I want to tell you Dominick." He said, "You know, I've been in rooms with you over the years and it was never the right time and everything" and he said, "This isn't the right time either at this party" but he said "I saw your back here."

And he said, "I was a friend of Dominique's" and Dominique is my daughter, was my daughter who was murdered in 1982. And I said, "You were" because I had never known that. And he said, "We were in acting class together" and it was Milton Katselas' acting class.

And he said, "We were -- we were -- she was 22. I was 21. We were very close and there was a whole group of us in the class and Dominique was the first of our group to get a part in a feature film and that was in Steven Spielberg's 'Poltergeist.' And then she got some things on "Hill Street Blues." She was the first one of all of us to break out."

And he said, "We all knew she was being stalked by this man who she was deeply afraid of." And he said, he told me about how the guys in the acting class kind of took care of her and walked her home and did things.

And he told me that he was in a mall, which I assume to be it's on La Cienega, and that Sweeney, the killer, who had been her boyfriend and was stalking her and they ran and Sweeney chased them or something like that.

And he told me that he had given a deposition at the trial. I thought I knew everything about this, my daughter's case, and I never knew any of this. And he gave a deposition about Sweeney's manner of stalking her and everything. And I was -- I was...

KING: Wow! DUNNE: I was undone by this and he was so intent, I mean the staring and people that came up, you know, to speak to him and everything and they all drifted away because he was so intense on this conversation.

And I said, "George, you know" and then I said, "Can I hug you?" And he said, "Sure." And we hugged each other and then he said, he patted me like this and he said "She would have been a star Dominick" and he walked back to the party. And it was, you know, he's a -- I think this guy...

KING: Oh!

DUNNE: ...is a fantastic man, really wonderful man.

KING: The best.

by Anonymousreply 25July 29, 2021 3:45 PM

The mall was the Beverly Center . Sweeney was scary creepy. I hate him. Everyone loved Dominique. Her church funeral was packed. I wish George was there that night instead of the wuss packer .

by Anonymousreply 26July 29, 2021 3:54 PM

R26 He was probably filming a very special episode of Facts of Life that night.

by Anonymousreply 27July 29, 2021 4:00 PM

I forgot he was Facts lol . I like the part where the guys in her acting class would look out for her. I wish Dominique moved out of that house. Ma Maison was down the street:(

by Anonymousreply 28July 29, 2021 4:10 PM

It’s been a while since I read about this case. I get why Packer maybe didn’t want to confront Sweeney. But wiki says he tried to call the police, was told it was not in their jurisdiction, then called a friend and left? Wtf? Why didn’t he call 911 or another police jurisdiction?

by Anonymousreply 29July 29, 2021 4:10 PM

Old joke:

Question: How many very special episodes did “Facts of Life” film?

Answer: It’s a trick question, they were ALL very special episodes!

by Anonymousreply 30July 29, 2021 4:20 PM

911 was not in place yet sadly . Packer called a friend and left message on Answering machine saying “ if I die tonight, it’s from John Sweeney .”

by Anonymousreply 31July 29, 2021 4:20 PM

Dominique was so pretty . She had the best hair . I loved her laugh too

by Anonymousreply 32July 29, 2021 5:43 PM

It’s strange to think she could have shown up so bruised to a shoot and no one did anything, but it was a different time.

by Anonymousreply 33July 29, 2021 6:06 PM

People failed Dominique

by Anonymousreply 34July 29, 2021 6:07 PM

R34 The magazine? What about Us?

by Anonymousreply 35July 29, 2021 6:09 PM

I met her father at a party once and he was a total mensch. Loved him. And this was years before I knew he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 36July 29, 2021 6:24 PM

Dominique was surrounded by gay and bi men all her life. I think that made trusting men easier . She pings to me.

by Anonymousreply 37July 29, 2021 6:29 PM

Check this out : Sweeney beat a gay guy up because he thought he was flirting with him. I always wondered if his wife beater types these possessive stockers are repressed gay

by Anonymousreply 38July 29, 2021 6:31 PM

R32- You are SO GAY.

by Anonymousreply 39July 29, 2021 6:34 PM

I know Griffin did the Joan D. documentary a few years ago, but I feel like I recently watched one about his family as well. Or was it what he covered in that one, home movies on the beach, playing on the lawn of mansions? Is there a Dunne family documentary?

by Anonymousreply 40July 29, 2021 6:34 PM

Griffin should do one on Dominique. He rarely talks about her .

by Anonymousreply 41July 29, 2021 8:08 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 42July 30, 2021 4:45 AM

Dominique would have given us great performances . She was that good !

by Anonymousreply 43July 31, 2021 12:06 AM

Surprised that she and Clooney were in Milton Katselas' acting class. That was a well known Scientology recruiting class.

by Anonymousreply 44July 31, 2021 5:02 AM

I just read that . I’m glad she and George were not suckered in .

by Anonymousreply 45July 31, 2021 5:06 AM

Dominique would be 61 had she lived. He took all that life from her.

by Anonymousreply 46July 31, 2021 5:53 AM

I always felt bad for the actor she was rehearsing with the night she was killed. The boyfriend showed up and she went outside to talk to him. The guy heard a scuffle or something and called the police.

Some of the E true Hollywood Story type shows made it sound like he was a coward for not rushing out to save her. I don't know if it was right to accuse the guy of not putting himself in the middle of a lover's spat.

by Anonymousreply 47July 31, 2021 5:59 AM

R47, Packer was indeed a coward and he knew Sweeney was stalking Dominique. He wussed out and rumor has it George Clooney and other friends blackballed him .

by Anonymousreply 48July 31, 2021 6:06 AM

What was he supposed to do? Risk his life for some girl from an acting class? Did he hear screams or just an argument? Do you know the details?

by Anonymousreply 49July 31, 2021 6:12 AM

They were co stars on miniserie V and packer was over to rehearse a scene together. The sounds that packer heard were frightening. He could hear Dominique being strangled. He could have picked up large knife in kitchen, or baseball bat etc. he wimped out and it destroyed his career . He was a good looking guy

by Anonymousreply 50July 31, 2021 6:26 AM

Holy shit! did Dom. Dunne ever go deeper into it? I remember vague references in his novels and work for VF, but can't recall if he ever went deep into Dominique's murder.

by Anonymousreply 51July 31, 2021 6:40 AM

Four days after the attack, doctors took Dominique Dunne off life support, on November 4. When Dominick wrote about those four days leading up to his daughter’s actual death, he thanked the “relay teams of friends” who took telephone calls, arranged for food and coffee, and managed every other detail of the Dunne family’s life. What he did not write about in that Vanity Fair article was the behavior of his brother and sister-in-law, which, by the end of John Sweeney’s murder trial and the ensuing ordeal, would ignite a major feud that ended only months before John Gregory Dunne’s death in 2003.

People often asked Dominick about his famous sister-in-law. “You want to know what Joan is really like?” he would say and then tell the following story.

The day after John Sweeney’s attack on Dominique, John and Joan arrived at Lenny Dunne’s house to offer their support before Dominique was taken off life support. Due to her critical condition, the family decided early on to use one phone line in the house to make calls and to keep the other line open in case the doctor or police called.

Shortly after asking if there was anything she could do, Joan Didion retired to the master bedroom to place a call on the outgoing line. She closed the door. Later, needing to use the telephone, Dominick walked into his ex-wife’s bedroom. There, he found his sister-in-law on the bed, the phone clutched between her neck and shoulder, a pen in hand. Galleys of her next book, "Salvador," littered the bed spread. She was on the phone with her editor in New York.

Joan looked up at Dominick. “Yes?” she asked.

by Anonymousreply 52July 31, 2021 7:10 AM

“We got reports that Joan and John were going to Ma Maison,” said Alex Dunne. “In Los Angeles at that time, there were two restaurants that were the power places to be seen. One was Chasen’s. The other was Ma Maison. And we got reports that Joan and John continued to dine at Ma Maison. Being seen there was what they cared about.” What made their appearance even more galling was that many people in the entertainment business boycotted Ma Maison to show their support of the Dunne family. In fact, the restaurant’s reputation never fully recovered.

by Anonymousreply 53July 31, 2021 7:14 AM

John and Joan were remarkably nasty people. I'm an only child so I don't don't have much insight into sibling rivalry. I've never heard of on this intense.

by Anonymousreply 54July 31, 2021 7:56 AM

I confused her for Dominique Swain.

by Anonymousreply 55July 31, 2021 8:08 AM

Her murderer wound up working as a chef at a retirement community for well off seniors. In the last Dominique Dunne thread one of the posters actually called the place and asked if they were aware they were employing a convicted killer. I can't remember the response.

by Anonymousreply 56July 31, 2021 3:38 PM

John Dunne was jealous of Dominick. He and his equally pretentious wife betrayed Dominique in my opinion. Dominique was an endearing person and worked for John and Joan as their secretary one summer. She also was a good role model for her little cousin Quintana . Quintana was a heavy drinker and died at age 39. Dominique was very kind to Roo

by Anonymousreply 57July 31, 2021 3:52 PM

Dominique was such a visual actor. She would have been top star in the silent era . Her eyes were so expressive and soulful. A very pretty girl too

by Anonymousreply 58July 31, 2021 4:17 PM

Check this out . Tons of campy moments 70’s style . This was Dominique’s first role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 31, 2021 4:23 PM

Dominique definitely pings in this movie . Christopher knight is mega sexy in this .

by Anonymousreply 60July 31, 2021 4:34 PM

R60 Did all the Brady kid actors do teenage runaway hooker roles?

by Anonymousreply 61July 31, 2021 4:38 PM

R59- Just because it's an OLD, CRAPPY movie does not mean it's CAMPY.

by Anonymousreply 62July 31, 2021 4:40 PM

It’s eye candy for sure. You also see how patriarchal the men are to the teen girls. Yikes

by Anonymousreply 63July 31, 2021 4:45 PM

R63 That has changed?

by Anonymousreply 64July 31, 2021 4:47 PM

It’s a lot better now

by Anonymousreply 65July 31, 2021 4:48 PM

She was so cute .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66July 31, 2021 4:53 PM

Nothing against Dominque, but I found Rebecca Schaeffer much more attractive, talented and the situation more heartbreaking because it was a complete stranger stalking her, not a disgruntled ex boyfriend with domestic violence issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 31, 2021 5:04 PM

No way was Rebecca prettier than Miss Dunne

by Anonymousreply 68July 31, 2021 5:09 PM

Sweeney is a psychopath. His favorite thing was to come up from behind and he grab Dominic by the hair so forcefully the yang some hair from the roots and then knocked her down to the ground. His previous girlfriend said that he would throw rocks at her when she tried to leave the house. You should read the letter that Dominique intended to write a Sweeney that was right in court it was so scary

by Anonymousreply 69July 31, 2021 5:24 PM

I am assuming this was written after she kicked him out of the house for choking her the first time, in front of friends that were spending the night. She even had the locks changed. He gaslit her made her question herself. This letter was read by female court clerk. Dominique did not send it to Sweeney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 31, 2021 6:49 PM

And yet some Dataloungers revel in calling females "whores." A whore could never be taken seriously, as opposed to chiding others via appropriate networks...

by Anonymousreply 71July 31, 2021 8:45 PM

Some dataloungers call all kinds of dehumanizing names. It’s the DL . But lots of smart, insightful people too, with periods of serious compassion .

by Anonymousreply 72July 31, 2021 9:17 PM

Sweeney hates women period . His girlfriend before Dominique was a secretary. But both she and Dominique come from privilege . Sweeney is just a jealous, brooding demon.

by Anonymousreply 73August 1, 2021 2:20 AM

[quote]Nothing against Dominque, but I found Rebecca Schaeffer much more attractive,

Yes, me too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 1, 2021 11:34 AM

[quote]Packer was indeed a coward and he knew Sweeney was stalking Dominique. He wussed out and rumor has it George Clooney and other friends blackballed him .

They were successful, Packer is practically a ghost, I couldn’t find any information about him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 1, 2021 11:37 AM

R75. 🙌😂

by Anonymousreply 76August 1, 2021 3:19 PM

Dominique believed in the supernatural. Her dad shared stories of encounters of ghost of his mother. While Dominique was filming poltergeist, strange things started to happen in her apartment. She moved out fast after meeting Sweeney.

by Anonymousreply 77August 1, 2021 9:53 PM

Dominique was luminous

by Anonymousreply 78August 3, 2021 4:59 AM

Dominique and her mother, Lenny, who shows up several times in Roddy McDowall's home movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 3, 2021 5:34 AM

Her poor mom . Loses her daughter and battled MS 😞

by Anonymousreply 80August 3, 2021 5:42 AM

Dominique was prolly delicious, too. Too bad her stalker wasn't also a cannibal and ate all the evidence. Everyone loves a successful stalker.

by Anonymousreply 81August 3, 2021 5:52 AM

r81 = absolute trash.

by Anonymousreply 82August 3, 2021 5:55 AM

Whoever started this thread is absolute fucking trash. No one gives no fucks for Dom Dunne. She Done. Beyotch.

by Anonymousreply 83August 3, 2021 6:11 AM

R83, is a stupid troll .

by Anonymousreply 84August 3, 2021 6:21 AM

R84 is prolly the retarded troll who starts a million horrible threads/polls every day. No one cunts more than you, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 85August 3, 2021 6:29 AM

Blocked the dumb troll. Poor angry soul

by Anonymousreply 86August 3, 2021 1:56 PM

R80 Not to mention having a Gay husband.

by Anonymousreply 87August 3, 2021 2:14 PM

Very true . He cheated on her with orgies etc . That’s humiliating. Plus , her two best friends died before Dominique. Norma Crane from Fiddler on roof and of course the great Natalie Wood. Dominique adored Natalie and she her. Both Natalie and Norma are buried at Pierce Brothers in Westwood .I’m assuming that’s why her mom picked that cemetery for daughter

by Anonymousreply 88August 3, 2021 2:25 PM

Dominique pinged at least bi to me. She had better chemistry with her female co stars than male . She went to a a boarding school in Colorado where 80% of the student body were guys and she didn’t date at all in high school. Guys would ask her out and she would decline .

by Anonymousreply 89August 3, 2021 2:54 PM

Sweeney was her first boyfriend at age 21

by Anonymousreply 90August 3, 2021 3:23 PM

Sweeney is a female abuser . He detests women , especially women from privileged backgrounds.

by Anonymousreply 91August 3, 2021 7:50 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 92August 3, 2021 11:55 PM

R89 That's your evidence for being bi, stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 93August 4, 2021 5:30 AM

Dominique loved animals and adopted several , especially hard to adopt pets . She was so kind and loving

by Anonymousreply 94August 4, 2021 5:33 AM

Yes, if she wasn't attracted to psychopaths she'd have been President. Good grief.

by Anonymousreply 95August 4, 2021 6:44 AM

Well bitches, because none of you were answering my question, I went back and watched Joan Didion: The Center Will Not Hold and Griffen uses some 1960s home movies of him, his brother, Dominique and their mother by the pool and at the beach, all looking Hollywood glamorous. He tells the story of the first time meeting Joan and one of his testicles slipping out of his bathing suit, and how everyone else laughed, but not Joan. But I swear I’ve seen more home movies of the kids, was there are Dunne brother documentary or was it maybe in the Natalie Wood documentary?

by Anonymousreply 96August 4, 2021 12:25 PM

Those beach videos were idyllic

by Anonymousreply 97August 4, 2021 6:41 PM

Dominique was very bright, sensitive and fun loving . She was a delight .

by Anonymousreply 98August 7, 2021 2:16 AM

Packer was cute. I think he only made one mistake. It was smart that he immediately called police. But he should have skipped the call to a friend to say it was Sweeney and just immediately gone out there to help.

by Anonymousreply 99August 7, 2021 4:46 AM

Domestic arguments are a tough call as to whether or not to get involved. Sometimes the beaten woman sides with the abuser.

I had neighbors like that. Sometimes I'd hear her scream "no don't." or stuff.

I'd just go in the house and let them fight it out.

So Packer called a friend while he was at the house?

by Anonymousreply 100August 7, 2021 5:50 AM

Yes, r100. Packer left message on friend’s AM “ if I die tonight it was by John Sweeney.”

by Anonymousreply 101August 7, 2021 5:53 AM

I can see we he didn't go out in that case. Sweeney could have had a gun or a knife. Look at what happened to Ron Goldman.

Why'd Dominque go out? What did she tell Packer she was going to do when she was out there?

I can't seem to find this story on youtube. I remember seeing it dramatized on some show.

by Anonymousreply 102August 7, 2021 5:56 AM

Sweeney did not have Gun or knife. Was Sweeney had with his massive hands as he forcefully grabbed Dominique by the throat dragged her across to the next door lawn. Dominic went outside to talk with Sweeney because wimp Packer said “ maybe I should go?” That prompted scared Dominique to say “ don’t go, stay inside I’ll go talk to him on porch” . Within about 30 seconds Dominique and Sweeney started arguing because Sweeney was jealous . She tried to get back into the house ,and he grabbed her from behind by the throat and it was with such force it damaged her vocal cords. Packer was a wuss

by Anonymousreply 103August 7, 2021 6:00 AM

So she was killed instantly? Had he been stalking her? Did she date him long?

by Anonymousreply 104August 7, 2021 6:06 AM

Is she buried in the same cemetary as Heather O'Rourke? The one off Wilshire in Westwood where Marilyn and other are. That is quite an interesting visit. Every grave is someone famous practically.

by Anonymousreply 105August 7, 2021 6:08 AM

This is a fascinating thread OP. I appreciate you taking the time to write such well written accounts. I"m glad I read this.

by Anonymousreply 106August 7, 2021 6:23 AM

R104, it took over 5 minutes for Sweeney to strangle Dominique to brain death . They had dated and lived together for several months she kicked him out six weeks before she was killed after he tried to strangle her in front of her friends. She change the locks and avoided that house for three weeks. Sweeney was absolutely stalking her . He would show up at her acting school, her moms house call all her friends show up on the set he worked and lived down the street from her house.she was traumatized and terrified of him.

by Anonymousreply 107August 7, 2021 6:29 AM

Yikes. Why on earth did she go out to talk to him then? She should have called the police and stayed inside. (or just stayed inside.)

by Anonymousreply 108August 7, 2021 6:36 AM

I think she felt safe with packer there . Fatal mistake.

by Anonymousreply 109August 7, 2021 6:43 AM

How long did Sweeney spend in jail?

by Anonymousreply 110August 7, 2021 6:47 AM

I think even if Packer had intervened and stopped him that night, I think the sad reality is Sweeny probably would have succeeded in killing her another time. He was obsessed with her. I mean, she was only running lines with Packer that night. Can you imagine if Dominique had actually started dating someone else?

by Anonymousreply 111August 7, 2021 7:02 AM

Why are you all saying the colleague was a coward? We don’t know what happened, we don’t even know what was in his line of vision. Unless it was a fantastic hag, I surely wouldn’t go out there to intervene with anything but 911 unless I was positive it was a potential killing. Then I might grab a butcher knife to stab him if I knew I could run away. I mean if it’s a bestie then maybe ur gonna be out there all of you gettin thrown around like rag dolls, but a new buddy? Fuck- who can say?

by Anonymousreply 112August 7, 2021 7:47 AM

[quote] She pings to me.

No, she doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 113August 7, 2021 10:38 AM

OK, but what of Dominique Devereaux?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 7, 2021 12:01 PM

R105, Yes, at Pierce Brothers Westwood Village Memorial Park. Heather is interred just below and to the right of Truman Capote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115August 7, 2021 3:07 PM

David Packer was hot. Is he gay?

Madonna gave an interview when she starred with Griffin Dunne in Who’s That Girl. She said he shared his devastation about his sister’s death but refused to go into details.

Dominique would have been great in V.

by Anonymousreply 116August 7, 2021 10:32 PM

Dominique had great chemistry with her female co stars .

by Anonymousreply 117August 7, 2021 10:50 PM

That’s ridiculous. Packer was NOT a wuss.

by Anonymousreply 118August 8, 2021 12:49 AM

Uh, yea he was .

by Anonymousreply 119August 8, 2021 12:54 AM

But was Packer packing?

by Anonymousreply 120August 8, 2021 1:15 AM

I did get big dick energy from him. I’m on the fence on sexuality. I’m not saying packer was a bad guy and I do believe he felt really bad about it, but he wimped out.

by Anonymousreply 121August 8, 2021 1:17 AM

What about Dominique-a-neek?

by Anonymousreply 122August 8, 2021 1:20 AM

You can ping without being stereotypical. It’s based on eye contact and just a six sense . Dominique and Charlene Tilton had 🔥 chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 123August 8, 2021 3:26 AM

I stumbled onto that cemetery once while early for a movie in Westwood that r115 mentions

It was sort of amazing to see all the famous names their.

The odd thing was at Marilyn Monroe's crypt people had stuck pencils and paper in the cracks like if she would rise from the dead and write them a note.

by Anonymousreply 124August 8, 2021 4:07 AM

Was Packer gay? I think yes.

by Anonymousreply 125August 8, 2021 5:45 AM

R116 of course he was gay, fucktard. 100% of all men are gay.

by Anonymousreply 126August 8, 2021 7:44 AM

I hope not cuz he’s a wimp ass !!

by Anonymousreply 127August 8, 2021 1:44 PM

I’m Glad Dominique is buried there r124. They are meticulous about keeping grounds immaculate and she is surrounded by her industry folk and her mom’s bff , Natalie Wood and Norma Crane . Another murder victim and great gal, Dorothy Stratton is buried near her.

by Anonymousreply 128August 8, 2021 2:21 PM

Watched Poltergeist yesterday. Sorry OP, she's even more limited than I remembered.

by Anonymousreply 129August 8, 2021 2:25 PM

R129, watch her in “ Day loving stopped” or her fame episode. She’s talented. I think she’s a very pretty girl

by Anonymousreply 130August 8, 2021 2:34 PM

They didn’t really know what to do with her character on poltergeist. But her performance was noticeable

by Anonymousreply 131August 8, 2021 2:35 PM

So the lezzies on here all want to claim her, while the gay men think she didn't have the it factor it takes to be a gay icon.

by Anonymousreply 132August 8, 2021 5:15 PM

I get more bi vibes from her. She wasn’t boy crazy that’s for sure .

by Anonymousreply 133August 8, 2021 5:21 PM

R132, Dominique was surrounded by gay men all her life . She felt safe with them .

by Anonymousreply 134August 8, 2021 5:22 PM

She was a whore.

by Anonymousreply 135August 8, 2021 5:26 PM

Nope 👎 r135, you are and your tricks are old fatties

by Anonymousreply 136August 8, 2021 9:12 PM

So nobody knows if David Packer was gay? He was so sexy in V. He wasn’t a wimp- Sweeney would have killed him. IF he knew she was being strangled he should have done something.

Jobeth Williams was so good in Poltergeist. I always wondered why Dom’s character just disappeared at one point. Were those bruises on her neck in the movie in her famous “what’s happening” scene or fake hickies?

by Anonymousreply 137August 8, 2021 9:34 PM

Fake Hicks, r137, and in fact, Dominique was concerned that it was “ tacky” and exploitive . Jo Beth loved Dominique and strongly condemned Packer . Packer should have helped her. I bet he is ashamed.

by Anonymousreply 138August 8, 2021 9:42 PM

David was young. I feel sorry for him. He shouldn’t have been punished.

by Anonymousreply 139August 8, 2021 11:21 PM

But he was justifiably ostracized in Hollywood. Ha ha ha

by Anonymousreply 140August 8, 2021 11:47 PM

He shouldn’t have been ostracized.

by Anonymousreply 141August 9, 2021 12:54 AM

I’m glad he was !ha ha ha

by Anonymousreply 142August 9, 2021 12:57 AM

You should be ostracized, r142. And soon.

by Anonymousreply 143August 9, 2021 1:44 AM

R143, is Packer or psychotic CUNT

by Anonymousreply 144August 9, 2021 1:56 AM

These people judging Packer, are they for real? I am sure we all would have been put in a precarious situation that night if we had been there, and who knows what we would have done?

The thing is, when you read stories about Dominique, it was clear EVERYBODY around her knew Sweeney was a nutcase and capable of murder. So, judging Packer is not fair since they all knew it too. I'm not blaming Dominique but she went out to talk to him - yes, reluctantly - but what was Packer supposed to do? She was a grown woman.

The one thing I find bizarre about Packer's story is that he called the police and, according to him, they said it wasn't their jurisdiction??? Here in Canada, you call 9-1-1 and the operator will dispatch you through to the police. Is it not the same there? And wouldn't the police who responded get in touch with the correct jurisdiction? Apparently, Packer then called a friend. That's a bit odd to me. Since... wouldn't he get in touch with the correct police jurisdiction?

by Anonymousreply 145August 9, 2021 2:06 AM

The people condemning Packer are all homophobic! Everyone loves to blame the gay guy! Everyone, even the out gays, has some internalized hate for gay men!

by Anonymousreply 146August 9, 2021 2:33 AM

No proof that Packer’s gay .

by Anonymousreply 147August 9, 2021 2:36 AM

Really, there are very few coworkers I would ever potentially die for and that’s after years of knowing them inside and outside of work. This was basically a new work relationship that was perhaps months at best.

by Anonymousreply 148August 9, 2021 2:41 AM

You’re missing the point . David could have helped her . He was a coward

by Anonymousreply 149August 9, 2021 2:53 AM

R149 knows he is a short-dicked coward who would've done the same as Packer and hates himself.

by Anonymousreply 150August 9, 2021 3:02 AM

Packard DID help her! He went outside and found her.

by Anonymousreply 151August 9, 2021 5:40 AM

No one else is to blame but Dunne herself, you stupid cunts. She was the one who attracted these kinds of psychotic fucks into her life. She put everyone else in danger. Not a good idea to be friends with those who attract psychotic murderers.

by Anonymousreply 152August 9, 2021 9:48 AM

She should have never gone outside. David called the police. They couldn’t help. He knew that guy was nuts but I doubt he knew she was being strangled to death.

by Anonymousreply 153August 9, 2021 11:38 AM

The sounds of strangulation are loud

by Anonymousreply 154August 9, 2021 2:07 PM

Love this pic with her and Charlene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155August 10, 2021 1:22 AM

Jobeth should have had a bigger career. She was hot there for awhile then it petered out.

by Anonymousreply 156August 10, 2021 1:25 AM

Jobeth was an average actor who got the exact career she deserved.

by Anonymousreply 157August 10, 2021 1:28 AM

Jobeth invested well and lives in Bel Air with her hubs. She was or still is on SAG board

by Anonymousreply 158August 10, 2021 1:30 AM

R157 She was very good and very pleasing to the eye. She just had a nice look.

by Anonymousreply 159August 10, 2021 2:06 AM

She’s a three time Emmy award nominee for some big projects. And I don’t mean her 4 years stint as a whore nurse on Guiding Light.

by Anonymousreply 160August 10, 2021 2:07 AM

R159 Not at all. The 80s were filled with average actresses like her with no talent.

by Anonymousreply 161August 10, 2021 3:40 AM

R161 She had a lot of talent. We like her.

by Anonymousreply 162August 10, 2021 3:41 AM

Anyone know or work with Dominique?

by Anonymousreply 163August 10, 2021 3:43 AM

R162 LOL. You and all your 50 personalities. Everyone of them cuntier than the last.

by Anonymousreply 164August 10, 2021 3:43 AM

Can a poltergeist please come and take care of this cunt at r161?

by Anonymousreply 165August 10, 2021 3:47 AM

Who can hate on Jobeth Williams? CHEEZUS.

by Anonymousreply 166August 10, 2021 3:57 AM

Sean Cassidy was dear friends with Dominique.

by Anonymousreply 167August 10, 2021 4:39 AM

Christopher Knight worked with her on two TV movies and said she was great to work with and her death was “ such a tragedy.”

by Anonymousreply 168August 10, 2021 4:42 AM

Jobeth Williams is an Ivy League graduate of Brown!

by Anonymousreply 169August 10, 2021 2:53 PM

R167 Did he meet her on a Monday?

by Anonymousreply 170August 10, 2021 3:12 PM

She's not as cute as all the lesbians on here claim.

by Anonymousreply 171August 10, 2021 3:27 PM

They grew up together in Beverly Hills.

by Anonymousreply 172August 10, 2021 5:41 PM

This could be gay camp movie . So bad, but delightful for watching. A great anxiety killer. Janis Paige is sublime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173August 10, 2021 5:45 PM

Gary Cooper’s daughter was her godmother and Martin Manulis is her Godfather.

by Anonymousreply 174August 10, 2021 6:09 PM

Why are crazed lesbians still trying to overcome and overtake? The shit John Sweeney did enough to eradicate her. Stop!

by Anonymousreply 175August 10, 2021 9:34 PM

Dominique was / is a special soul . Who’s trying to hurt her among gay women?

by Anonymousreply 176August 10, 2021 10:09 PM

I’m convinced that Sweeney is borderline.

by Anonymousreply 177August 10, 2021 11:36 PM

Inspired by this thread I was Googling Sweeney and I came across a story/thread and some people were saying Sweeney was dead! Which I knew not to be true.

I wonder if he planted it there to make people think he was dead so they would stop harassing him.

by Anonymousreply 178August 11, 2021 4:01 AM

IIRC from a previous thread, he changed his name to John Maura and was living in the Pacific Northwest.

by Anonymousreply 179August 11, 2021 4:21 AM

He’s now in northern cal feeding the rich folks.

by Anonymousreply 180August 11, 2021 5:16 AM

R173, flames & freaks for using sublime!!!

by Anonymousreply 181August 11, 2021 9:42 AM

We have a psychotic loser pushing super fug Rocco Ritche. Now another psychopath pushing a nothing "actress" deservedly murdered by her stalker. DL is so finished.

by Anonymousreply 182August 11, 2021 9:56 AM

R182 Blocked. You’re disgusting. Hey, dress in a long brown wig, visit a NoCal fancy restaurant where a John Maura works. Hopefully, nature take her course.

ANYWAY, I agree. I think he has BPD in addition to a violent streak. Not all, or most, of BPDs are violent. Violent stalkers are those with BPD combined with being a violent person.

by Anonymousreply 183August 11, 2021 11:44 AM

Poor Dominique. I despise this demon .

by Anonymousreply 184August 11, 2021 4:22 PM

I wish we could find out if Sweeney is married or hooked up? I pity that woman .

by Anonymousreply 185August 11, 2021 5:11 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 186August 12, 2021 10:15 PM

Dominique and Tony Goldwyn as teens .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187August 13, 2021 4:17 AM

Tony was adorable

by Anonymousreply 188August 13, 2021 4:19 PM

Dominique was very smart too

by Anonymousreply 189August 13, 2021 5:03 PM

Dominique’s father wrote that Dominique can be very at ease in a sophisticated world, without being sophisticated herself .

by Anonymousreply 190August 14, 2021 2:33 AM

Dominique was the daughter of Dominick and Dominatrix Dunne.

by Anonymousreply 191August 14, 2021 2:58 AM

Debbie does Dominque

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192August 14, 2021 3:09 AM

WTF. Wasn't this troll thread paywalled?

by Anonymousreply 193August 14, 2021 1:08 PM

Interesting enough, Debbie Reynold’s daughter a girl Named Carrie was best friends with griffin Dunne and close with Dominique too.

by Anonymousreply 194August 14, 2021 2:49 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 195August 14, 2021 10:38 PM

Dominique was sublime

by Anonymousreply 196August 15, 2021 4:32 PM

That they actually made a feature film about that corny nun, tho!

by Anonymousreply 197August 15, 2021 5:15 PM

Bump .

by Anonymousreply 198August 17, 2021 4:38 PM

I don’t think she was attractive enough to get much continued acting work, had she lived.

by Anonymousreply 199August 17, 2021 5:16 PM

R199 is blind

by Anonymousreply 200August 18, 2021 2:05 AM

I thought she was great on her episode of Fame. Just raw emotion.

by Anonymousreply 201August 18, 2021 2:49 AM

Her episode on Family too . Her character is a teen who seduces an older man .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202August 18, 2021 3:20 AM

I repeat:

[quote]I don’t think she was attractive enough to get much continued acting work, had she lived.

Young film actresses are employed mostly for their looks. There are occasional sidekick roles for the quirky friend or the bookworm… but even those girls are most often physically desirable underneath it all (like Brittany Murphy.)

Her family connections obviously helped, and would continue to do so, but it’s not like this chick was automatically headed for stardom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203August 18, 2021 5:37 AM

She’s adorable in that pic r203, plus she was very talented. The camera loved her .

by Anonymousreply 204August 18, 2021 8:26 AM

[quote]r204 The camera loved her.

???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205August 18, 2021 2:00 PM

Yes r205

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206August 18, 2021 2:47 PM

Here’s Dominique with Janis Paige and Peter Brady at his sexiest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207August 18, 2021 2:51 PM

The abuse began long before her death. She was denied a tweezer to thin her eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 208August 18, 2021 3:17 PM

R172 You are correct. He was in Seattle in the 90s. Around the same time the True Hollywood Story of her life was airing. He worked for Restaurants Unlimited and they’re scum for hiring and sustaining a murderer because he had a Wolfgang Puck kitchen pedigree.

by Anonymousreply 209August 18, 2021 3:42 PM

R208, a waxing would have been stunning on her . Her eyes were so expressive and alluring

by Anonymousreply 210August 18, 2021 3:57 PM

She and Sean Cassidy were close friends since childhood.

by Anonymousreply 211August 18, 2021 3:58 PM

She'd have had a long career as a character.

She could like a plain girl next door but also absolutely stunning once made up like this still from FAME:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212August 18, 2021 5:13 PM

I prefer Dominique with flat iron straight hair. She had such great hair. Dominique could act!! She was passionate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213August 18, 2021 8:06 PM

Is this the Candace Cameron Bure troll who kept infecting View threads with awkward, autistic-like praise of Candace?

by Anonymousreply 214August 18, 2021 9:27 PM

Wrong thread r214

by Anonymousreply 215August 18, 2021 10:21 PM

Did the boyfriend/killer have a huge dick or something? Why did this dingbat chick keep moving back in with him when he was beating her up?

by Anonymousreply 216August 18, 2021 10:43 PM

What was the ex-boyfriend's defense? Did he say he was just trying to assault her but didn't want to actually kill her? Or did he try to claim insanity?

by Anonymousreply 217August 18, 2021 10:49 PM

Maybe it was one of those rough sex, Preppie Killer situations…

by Anonymousreply 218August 18, 2021 10:51 PM

R216, Dominique went back once after the first attack . She kicked Sweeney out and changed the locks 4 weeks later . She was with him less than a year with lots of seperation due to her on location gigs . Sweeney was an insecure, raging beast who beat the crap out of a gay man because he thought he was flirting with him.

by Anonymousreply 219August 19, 2021 12:35 AM

Sweeney was Dominique’s first boyfriend. She was 22 when she met him. She was very vulnerable

by Anonymousreply 220August 19, 2021 12:38 AM

Dominique was not shallow, because Sweeney was fugly . Looked like a cave man .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221August 19, 2021 1:04 AM

[quote]R220 Sweeney was Dominique’s first boyfriend. She was 22 when she met him.

She didn’t have a boyfriend until she was in her TWENTIES??

I guess I’m not the only one who found her plain.

by Anonymousreply 222August 19, 2021 6:21 AM

R222, guys loved Dominique at her boarding school and she was decline dates . I think Dominique was not that into guys personally. She may have felt the pressure to get a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 223August 19, 2021 12:02 PM

R222 is a bitter, hateful asshole . Can’t imagine how fat and ugly this QUEEN is

by Anonymousreply 224August 19, 2021 12:06 PM

[quote]R223 guys loved Dominique at her boarding school and she was decline dates .

What? She was approaching her “decline date”?

Now [italic]you’re [/italic]being cruel.

by Anonymousreply 225August 19, 2021 3:09 PM

Would decline.

by Anonymousreply 226August 19, 2021 5:14 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 227August 20, 2021 1:05 AM

Dominique loved nature and the outdoors . Very active gal

by Anonymousreply 228August 26, 2021 3:32 PM

Dominique on an episode of “Lou Grant.” She was great

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229August 30, 2021 3:53 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 230August 30, 2021 5:57 PM

Dominique was so tiny in height

by Anonymousreply 231August 31, 2021 4:00 AM

Life is so unfair

by Anonymousreply 232September 8, 2021 11:38 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 233September 20, 2021 4:54 AM

She was a bit fug faced.

by Anonymousreply 234September 21, 2021 3:42 AM

Not at all r234. She was adorable

by Anonymousreply 235September 21, 2021 4:02 AM

Eh….

by Anonymousreply 236September 21, 2021 6:20 AM

Here she is with her good friend Charlene Tilton

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237September 21, 2021 10:38 AM

She’s basically a plain jane. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 238September 22, 2021 6:06 AM

She’s luminous and pretty

by Anonymousreply 239September 22, 2021 6:28 AM

Only to you and her family.

by Anonymousreply 240September 22, 2021 6:53 AM

Many people found Dominique attractive and cute. You’re just a jealous queen

by Anonymousreply 241September 22, 2021 3:54 PM

Wow, the OP of this thread is batshit crazy. Good thing Dunne is dead or I would be worried OP would be stalking her.

by Anonymousreply 242September 22, 2021 4:56 PM

Dominique loved working with Spielberg . Spoke very highly of him.

by Anonymousreply 243October 20, 2021 6:17 AM

Her father will always be a hero to me, just for the one night he spoke to me at a Playboy party in NYC, and I am a nobody and there were lots of somebodies there. I didn't even know he was gay then, but we had "convo energy", and that was enough. I wasn't even thinking of him sexually.

by Anonymousreply 244October 26, 2021 9:11 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 245October 27, 2021 2:18 AM

Her birthday today ! ❤️

by Anonymousreply 246November 23, 2021 3:28 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 247January 9, 2022 5:56 PM

I’ll bet she was a real seeetheart, and put up with all kinds of shit from this creepy loser because of her kindness.

No good deed goes unpunished.

by Anonymousreply 248January 9, 2022 6:05 PM

Sweetheart, not seeetheart lol

by Anonymousreply 249January 9, 2022 6:09 PM

R248, Dominique was an empath

by Anonymousreply 250January 9, 2022 6:19 PM

He tormented her during and especially after the relationship ended .

by Anonymousreply 251January 9, 2022 6:23 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 252March 4, 2022 5:50 AM

Terrifying way to die

by Anonymousreply 253April 3, 2022 6:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!