Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Frozen shoulder

is incredibly painful.

I just had it diagnosed today.

by Anonymousreply 5July 24, 2021 9:15 AM

It happened to me. Physical therapy took care of it.

by Anonymousreply 1July 24, 2021 5:24 AM

What caused it?

Is it cold?

I need to learn from your mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 2July 24, 2021 5:41 AM

I’m sorry, OP. I’ve had it, and it’s heinous. Ice, heat, and physical therapy helped a lot, but it took a year and a half. Even though it’s painful and your first instinct might be to not move the joint, you want to move the shoulder throughout the day. Talk to the physical therapist about a comfortable sleeping position and propping your arm.

by Anonymousreply 3July 24, 2021 8:58 AM

For what it's worth, OP, the first thing my physiotherapist told me was that no two cases are exactly the same so don't go home and read a load of horror stories online. That was the first thing I did do of course and I'd already self-diagnosed it by the time I saw him anyway, but mine never got to the point of being unbearable. It was very painful at the beginning and towards the end but the six or so months in between when it really stiffened up was manageable. The worst part was in the winter and trying to get in and out of coats. If you live in a cold climate, buy yourself a shawl.

by Anonymousreply 4July 24, 2021 9:12 AM

Yeah, painful, can't sleep on that side, limited range of movement, it took me a year for it to go away, once I understood what it was (courtesy of my Dr) some home stretching exercises are what really helped.

by Anonymousreply 5July 24, 2021 9:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!