Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Restaurant customers have supposedly been a “nightmare” ever since they’ve reopened

Apparently customers are being more rude and entitled than ever.

You would think Covid would have softened and humbled them a bit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 26, 2021 10:28 PM

Last week I served a little girl the cheeseburger she ordered, and she screamed, "It's brokened!"

Then she kicked me in the cunt bone.

by Anonymousreply 1July 24, 2021 2:03 AM

People are feral.

by Anonymousreply 2July 24, 2021 2:04 AM

I feel terrible for the workers but this is nothing new. Restaurant customers have been permitted to behave like psychos for years. It was like this when I worked in food service between about 2003 through 2010.

by Anonymousreply 3July 24, 2021 2:13 AM

This is what happens when you return to a normal that wasn’t normal to begin with. Now even McDonald’s puts vaccination reminder stickers on their to-go bags. Since when did they ever care about health?

by Anonymousreply 4July 24, 2021 2:21 AM

Anericans are and always have been trash. I worked at a McDonald's for four years and was subject to daily verbal abuse and name calling and fairly regular physical abuse as well.

by Anonymousreply 5July 24, 2021 2:23 AM

When the PNW had that weird heatwave, most restaurants had to close due to too hot kitchens. Only like McDonald's was open because they had air conditioning.

The drive-thru line was nuts and this guy halfway down the line starts cussing out the manager that was bringing out online orders. He was really unhinged and swearing at her and being a major douche. A lady came to her defense and started yelling back and the dude drove away like a maniac over sidewalks and so forth.

It was ridiculous though, like it was the poor manager's fault for the unusual weather. I've never seen such a scene over food.

by Anonymousreply 6July 24, 2021 2:43 AM

R5 I'm genuinely sorry you had to endure that; four years is an awfully long time. I hope it enabled you to become more compassionate, rather than bitter. Some quite unevolved people enjoy fucking with restaurant staff. I don't get it.

You could pretty much handle anything at this point now; I well imagine. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

by Anonymousreply 7July 24, 2021 3:57 AM

The rude customers’ complaints don't amount to a bucket of spit—which we’re serving up!

by Anonymousreply 8July 24, 2021 3:58 AM

^^^^Love that!!!! Do it!!!!

by Anonymousreply 9July 24, 2021 4:09 AM

There was a time rude customers would be grossed out thinking that the kitchen staff might have coughed on their food.

Now, they'll just die from it.

by Anonymousreply 10July 24, 2021 4:15 AM

R7 thanks. I'm a pretty positive person in spite of it but I'm well aware of vicious people can be. During my time there was the height of the beanie babies craze and I cant count the number of frau cunts who screamed in my face over stock or purchase limits. It was absolutely bonkers that grown ass women were losing their shit over those things.

by Anonymousreply 11July 24, 2021 5:12 AM

R1, it [italic]was[/italic] brokened you fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 12July 24, 2021 5:15 AM

This is quite telling...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2021 8:24 PM

Monkey see, monkey do.

When you have the President of the United States and his minions, the Republican Party, acting like entitled assholes and throwing temper tantrums when they don't get their way, why is everyone surprised when everybody else acts like an entitled asshole and starts throwing temper tantrums?

It's the same way with increased crime nationwide. When you have the President of the United States saying he could murder somebody on Fifth Avenue in broad daylight and get away with it, why should anybody else have respect for the law?

by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2021 8:42 PM

Retailers have to take responsibility for some of this. By always caving in and taking the customer's side, they have trained the past two generations of customers to believe they are entitled to everything and to get their way all the time.

It is well past time for us to start promoting simple civility again, and one of the ways to do that is to refuse service to all the boors and louts. And tell them that once they finally learn to behave like a mature adult, they will be welcomed back.

by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2021 9:13 PM

Seems like this is happening everywhere. I used to really love DL. The humor, the news before it hit the internet, the deep discussions, the intelligence, that all seems to be gone now. Now all it seems to be is a pile of hate. Everyone is calling each other names, the nastiness is awful, there is little to no insight, the maturity level seems to have taken a dive on here. I rarely even chuckle at posts anymore.

by Anonymousreply 16July 26, 2021 9:20 PM

R16- Fuck off. That didn’t feel fulfilling. Let me add Die in a grease fire. That just doesn’t scratch the itch right either. Vivian Vance, ahh that felt good.

by Anonymousreply 17July 26, 2021 9:29 PM

R16 is a Russian troll!

by Anonymousreply 18July 26, 2021 9:32 PM

[quote] Anericans are and always have been trash. I worked at a McDonald's for four years and was subject to daily verbal abuse and name calling and fairly regular physical abuse as well.

Is this a non-American in some area where the only customers were tourists?

An American in some bizzare locale?

Or - most likely - a non-American liar?

by Anonymousreply 19July 26, 2021 9:32 PM

It's the restaurateurs' fault for stretching their staff and trying to operate on the cheap. If you can't run properly, don't run at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 26, 2021 9:37 PM

[quote] Seems like this is happening everywhere. I used to really love DL. The humor, the news before it hit the internet, the deep discussions, the intelligence, that all seems to be gone now. Now all it seems to be is a pile of hate. Everyone is calling each other names, the nastiness is awful, there is little to no insight, the maturity level seems to have taken a dive on here. I rarely even chuckle at posts anymore.

Oh please! I’ve been here, off and on, since about 2004, and it’s ALWAYS been like this: a mix of high/middle/and very lowbrow talk..

by Anonymousreply 21July 26, 2021 9:51 PM

No, DL has lost a lot of its spark. It used to be more bitchy humor but now it’s just mean.

by Anonymousreply 22July 26, 2021 9:55 PM

Well in defense of the customers many of these waiters aren’t really well trained. They don’t understand customer service. Frankly, I’m getting tired I’m hearing the whining of workers. And I’m honestly a big tipper because I was a waiter at one point in my life. I would think I live in England based on the crap we’ve been dealing with regarding no customer service.

by Anonymousreply 23July 26, 2021 10:00 PM

R22 occasionally I will look at old threads about subjects that interest me ( even before the ban I was afraid to bump and be labelled the Bump Troll) and there does seem to be slightly more balance. Too many commenters go to a thread about a subject or person they clearly despise and just shred them.

by Anonymousreply 24July 26, 2021 10:03 PM

I haven't (yet) seen this kind of rudeness in restaurants where I am. People seem to be happy to be getting back out again. Everyone observes the rules; they always did.

The people aren't the problem. Owners are trying to cut costs as much as possible, understandably, and the quality of food in nearly every place I've been back to has fallen like a stone thrown in a pond. Most restaurant meals I've had since, let's say May, have been horrible.

But the staff and customers are fine.

by Anonymousreply 25July 26, 2021 10:09 PM

I haven't noticed much change in terms of customers and staff at restaurants. Rather than quality, I think they've perhaps cut back on quantity slightly instead to cut costs.

by Anonymousreply 26July 26, 2021 10:14 PM

no matter what I post there are always a few that post back to me just proving my point.

by Anonymousreply 27July 26, 2021 10:20 PM

There was a restaurant owner in NYC who had recently admitted in the face of all this, that he was indeed dealing with stafffing problems after reopening, and had servers explain that many were new, and learning. It didn't seem to appease the diners' impatience or rudeness. Many feel entitled, and as the lady in the story above mentioned, those customers were probably difficult and not so nice pre-pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 28July 26, 2021 10:22 PM

It’s not limited to Restaurants and Fast Food, I see assholes in places like Target or even a pharmacy all the time.

Especially stores like Target or clothing/electronic stores. God forbid they run out of stock on a hot item.

by Anonymousreply 29July 26, 2021 10:25 PM

I have noticed burn out among some employees in stores, but they try as best they can.

by Anonymousreply 30July 26, 2021 10:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!