Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

KiwiFarms linked to Prominent Developer’s Suicide

I really hate KiwiFarms -- and not just because of this story.

What an awful site.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210July 18, 2023 9:59 PM

I’m reading about it. This is nuts. Haven’t heard of it before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 24, 2021 12:20 AM

I've never heard of this KiwiFarms webisite

by Anonymousreply 2July 24, 2021 12:22 AM

Count yourself lucky, r2. It's a cesspool of the lowest order

by Anonymousreply 3July 24, 2021 12:27 AM

I was on kiwifarms when this happened. What actually happened was dude had a 4 page thread that hadn't been commented on in a while (most threads are 100s-1000s of pages long). The site owner has a known, long standing tradition of posting any emails he gets that threaten a lawsuit etc.

He emailed the owner of the site saying 'I will pay you to take my thread down or I will kill myself in a couple of days'. Site owner said 'I would likely be considered complicit in a crime if I did that and it would set bad precedent either way. I need to contact my lawyer'

Before the stated time was up someone posted in Twitter that they had spent a few hours on the phone with the guy, listening to music while the guy killed himself.

Kiwifarms didn't kill anyone. ridiculous. It would be like one of the people who is made fun of in any of the multitude of unpopular threads on here killing themselves and blaming DL.

by Anonymousreply 4July 24, 2021 12:29 AM

You're disingenuous to link KiwiFarms and DL, r4. Not even in the same league.

Muriel deletes threads that get a little too Kiwi-esque (like the Bunnika sp? threads from a few years ago)

by Anonymousreply 5July 24, 2021 12:31 AM

I really enjoyed the Bunnika thread r5!

by Anonymousreply 6July 24, 2021 12:33 AM

Rescue chick, thanks for the info. Can you please explain what Kiwi Farms is?

by Anonymousreply 7July 24, 2021 12:35 AM

OP do you have a thread there? Share the link.

by Anonymousreply 8July 24, 2021 12:37 AM

Here is a perennial favorite

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 24, 2021 12:39 AM

It's a site that is considered to be the most vile place on the internet r7. It curates into threads publicly available information (and sometimes doxes from the same information) that insane freaky people post themselves on their own twitters and on websites. Then they make fun of them.

They were directly responsible for getting a bunch of animal necrophialic/torturer rapists doxed and prosecuted. that's a plus. they refused to take down video of the Australian mass shooting. That's a negative.

by Anonymousreply 10July 24, 2021 12:39 AM

Another

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 24, 2021 12:40 AM

honestly, many of the mocking people threads here have threads there. on steroids.

by Anonymousreply 12July 24, 2021 12:40 AM

R6 The fake trans grifter Bunnika with her endless imaginary illnesses thread was Datalounge GOLD!

by Anonymousreply 13July 24, 2021 12:43 AM

So it's like Datalounge without Muriel, r12? Does it have an edit button?

by Anonymousreply 14July 24, 2021 12:44 AM

haha, maybe that's how I should have described it better r14. they DO have an edit button but you can only edit a post for a little while

by Anonymousreply 15July 24, 2021 12:57 AM

also, if anyone does wander over there to look around - whatever you do, do NOT wander into the animal control forum if you value your sanity. I have never been in there.

by Anonymousreply 16July 24, 2021 1:05 AM

R16 OMG Have you ever heard of something called the Streisand effect?

by Anonymousreply 17July 24, 2021 1:12 AM

no, I am being a good person. really - don't. it's threads on people who rape animals. dead animals, living animals. animals they kill. I am nauseated even typing this.

by Anonymousreply 18July 24, 2021 1:14 AM

Maybe the internet needs rules.

by Anonymousreply 19July 24, 2021 1:16 AM

The anti-trans assholes link to it all the time, r2. They used to take topics from Kiwi Farms and bring them over here on purpose, they would have posts over there saying they were doing just that. I think once someone linked to them organizing on KF and bringing their trolling over here, they moved to either private messages or just stopped announcing their troll brigade schedule.

by Anonymousreply 20July 24, 2021 1:17 AM

I don't know how so many of you got fooled into thinking rescue-chick is a nice person. She's an anti-trans racist fuck, and here she is telling you that she's a Kiwi Farms regular, AND she's defending the owner of the website.

by Anonymousreply 21July 24, 2021 1:20 AM

all true except for the racist accusation

by Anonymousreply 22July 24, 2021 1:22 AM

It sounds to me like she's just giving a rational POV of what happened, R21. I trust her more than the sensationalized headlines.

by Anonymousreply 23July 24, 2021 1:25 AM

R4 I think you are thinking of a different case. The one OP linked was in 2018; the situation you mentioned happened only a few months ago, and people still are not sure if said individual actually committed suicide or not. Unless this individual also emailed Kiwifarms.

I am ashamed to admit that when I am feeling really bored and really macabre I do venture on over to lurk. Actually, they have a few folks who do the same to us (Hi Kiwi Farmers). I do not really understand the site all the way. Like why they call some topics “islam” or something of that nature.

After viewing the site however it really isn’t as bad as people make it out to be. They so seem to have an odd honor code about who they make fun of. Most of the people they make fun of have some sort of grift or scam or abuse going on. Like, I can’t see them making fun a disabled person trying to live their life. But someone who lies about being disabled to get money is free game. It also doesn’t seem like they harass people; they make fun of people on their own space. You have to be looking for kiwifarms to find kiwi farms.

by Anonymousreply 24July 24, 2021 1:28 AM

Someone told me about a month ago that there was no use in pointing out the trolls because Dataloungers either ARE trolls or they're too stubborn to be told that they misjudged a person they've been interacting with. I find that to be generally true.

In this case though, I have to say that, once again, rescue-chick has shown everyone the kind of person she is, and it's a little creepy that no one is paying attention.

Instead, we're being told that her repeating what the site owner has said when he was defending himself is more trustworthy than the actual news from a legitimate news source.

This isn't normal, people.

by Anonymousreply 25July 24, 2021 1:29 AM

r5, I think it's pretty clear after reading this thread that the reason Datalounge is becoming more like KiwiFarms is because we have a LOT of their regulars posting here. This thread is almost entirely people saying how great KiwiFarms is and giving us threads to read to try to get us to like the place and post over there.

by Anonymousreply 26July 24, 2021 1:32 AM

R20 That doesn’t sound like something they would do. Most folks on kiwi farms understand the need for online communities to have their own spaces. And most folks on there are supportive of DL because we also don’t buy all the trans bullshit and scammy fat fraus of the worlds.

A posted on DL insulting Kiwi Farms is pretty rich. We are not as bad as kiwifarms but we are not saints ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 27July 24, 2021 1:33 AM

you are correct r25, I have been completely open about what kind of person I am. Just because you don't like who I am doesn't make me a troll.

by Anonymousreply 28July 24, 2021 1:34 AM

R28 For what its worth, I always like your input on DL.

R25 Anyone who sets themselves on fire clearly has deep seated mental issues. The article has no proof that she was harassed but lots of proof of her harassing other people.

by Anonymousreply 29July 24, 2021 1:36 AM

OP, you say you hate KiwiFarms yet you're obviously there regularly, you're the one posting links to "perennial favorites." You also started at least one anti trans thread, and it's anti trans trolls like you who brought the KiwiFarms stuff to Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 30July 24, 2021 1:39 AM

Basically any time a trans person commits suicide it's blamed on kiwifarms. Cloe was a severely disturbed person who had much bigger issues than kiwifarms and far more toxic people in their life than the posters in kiwifarms.

the guy who just killed himself a few weeks ago was a nonentity on the site and... offered to work for the site.

by Anonymousreply 31July 24, 2021 1:40 AM

Has this site done any numbers on the Gamergate scandal?

by Anonymousreply 32July 24, 2021 1:42 AM

Ye gods, R9. Then you must know about this one! I don't have an account over there, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't read it from time to time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 24, 2021 1:59 AM

[quote] "Count yourself lucky, [R2]. It's a cesspool of the lowest order."

I know one that is worse...

by Anonymousreply 34July 24, 2021 2:02 AM

Kiwifarms is 100% garbage people. DL is just 78% garbage people. Not-joking I'm actually disappointed rescue chick is a regular there. You think you know an anon on the internet, man...

by Anonymousreply 35July 24, 2021 4:14 AM

Was there a KiwiFarm about Bunnika? I remember the Hartley saga. Although making fun of the children was terrible, the mother was scary.

It always seems that it’s one person writing most of these. Whoever it is has good spelling and a certain command of the English language. And some of the observations about interpersonal dynamics are spot-on.

It’s generally a negative place, but they’re not always wrong.

by Anonymousreply 36July 24, 2021 10:22 AM

I'm ashamed to admit that I follow a hopeless junkie's thread over there. It's like groundhog day.

by Anonymousreply 37July 24, 2021 10:52 AM

Chloe was ostracized from the trans community and her suicide in part was a reaction to that abandonment from friends. She was also not a saint and had concocted a con lying about being in a car accident or some other catastrophic event to grift money for surgery. Her suicide note declared that she was protesting the treatment of the mentally ill in America. It had absolutely nothing to do with KF, but the site’s detractors like to use her death as an example of the site “killing” people.

by Anonymousreply 38July 24, 2021 11:14 AM

They better not take it down. It quarantines a lot of terrible people from the rest of the internet

by Anonymousreply 39July 24, 2021 11:48 AM

How can you defend the owner when you described this,animal room' or whatever. How can you even go to that website? And you're acting like a Kiwi Farms docent here on DL "that's the....killing animals room' and all that other shit you typed that happens there.

Sickening.

by Anonymousreply 40July 24, 2021 11:52 AM

I never heard or read of KiwiFarms before. I think Dlers have found their new LSA.

by Anonymousreply 41July 24, 2021 12:19 PM

Aren’t most of the people mocked there public internet figures that are grifters, liars and sometimes dangerous? I mean most of it is screen shots of social media accounts, articles and videos and information that is publicly available online.

I looked at eve Rachel McKinnon/Veronica Ivy thread it’s mostly things they have tweeted or said in public. Ditto Jonathan/Jessica yaniv.

by Anonymousreply 42July 24, 2021 12:30 PM

[quote] How can you defend the owner when you described this,animal room' or whatever. How can you even go to that website? And you're acting like a Kiwi Farms docent here on DL "that's the....killing animals room' and all that other shit you typed that happens there. Sickening.

I don’t think you understand the animal threads. It’s for documenting animal abusers, not celebrating them. The info gathered on the Kiwi website has led to animal abusers, hoarders, and yes even zoophiles, being arrested and prosecuted. The only sickening this is the dogfuckers the site monitors.

by Anonymousreply 43July 24, 2021 12:35 PM

*sickening thing

by Anonymousreply 44July 24, 2021 12:36 PM

i admit i read the Amberlynn Reid threads there.

by Anonymousreply 45July 24, 2021 12:37 PM

KiwiFarms is the home of what used to be a very lively Dylan/Noodles and Beef thread, hundreds of pages. All the receipts for the cult are there and it was linked to heavily during the time of the murder investigation.

by Anonymousreply 46July 24, 2021 12:41 PM

[quote]most folks on there are supportive of DL because we also don’t buy all the trans bullshit

Datalounge is not a monolith, and anyone who says "Datalounge thinks..." or "Datalounge doesn't buy..." is someone trying to pull one over on you. The vast majority of actual gay regulars on DL don't go into the anti trans threads anymore because they're mostly trolling and stupidity. They regard the anti trans ladies on here in the same way they regarded the Prancing Ponies and the crazy women obsessed with third-tier actors.

Besides, the anti trans people on KiwiFarms are often the very same group of anti trans trolls on Datalounge. When you say "KiwiFarms supports Datalounge because they all agree on trans" what you're really saying is that "the same group of trolls who obsess over the topic on KF also do it on DL."

You guys set up shop at any forum that isn't moderated and obsess day in and day out about trans issues, and DL is one of those unmoderated forums. Then you try to pass that off as "the gays on DL agree with us." Honey, the vast majority of gays on DL aren't even paying attention to you.

by Anonymousreply 47July 24, 2021 12:43 PM

I tend to view both the anti-trans loons and the anti-anti-trans loons the way I viewed the Prancing Ponies, or the deranged Rocco fan, R47.

There is great potential in some of those threads for good, nuanced conversation.

Nuance is dead the world around, though - so it will never happen and they are best avoided.

Better to read the millionth open gym showers thread.

by Anonymousreply 48July 24, 2021 12:47 PM

There is no potential for nuanced conversation on these threads, r48. I'm sorry, there just isn't. We have too many trolls and far right conspiracy posters for there to be any real conversation. The trans threads are full of misinformation and lies from the get-go, people who have a very specific agenda start those threads and immediately respond to them with fake information and lies. I know from personal experience that just posting a link to actual verified information can result in these anti trans trolls threatening to kill you.

We can manage conversations on things like housekeeping and movies, but not on this.

by Anonymousreply 49July 24, 2021 12:53 PM

R49, perhaps I should have said the SUBJECT has the potential for nuanced conversation. I do believe that it does.

You're right though, there isn't potential in those threads, as they turn into piles of garbage pretty much immediately with lunatics from both sides attacking each other, and both sides instantly attacking anyone who tries to but forth a middle of the road opinion that tries to express valid concerns from both sides of the dispute.

by Anonymousreply 50July 24, 2021 1:01 PM

You’re full of shit R49, no one ever threatened to kill you on DL and frankly people like you post that shit in order to get a conversation stopped.

You’re right though that the internet killed nuance. Examples-

Trans women are trans women!

Trans men. Are men!

There’s no difference between men and women physically!

Biological sex doesn’t exist!

by Anonymousreply 51July 24, 2021 1:02 PM

It’s easy to be an asshole behind an anonymous name tag. I don’t understand how people become so invested in what others say about them to the point that they commit suicide. Social media is a pox.

by Anonymousreply 52July 24, 2021 1:23 PM

I stumbled across KF yesterday after a search to see a video I now wish I hadn’t seen. A guy blew his head off with a shotgun, and KF found it hilarious and called him a “soy boy” and other assorted epithets for liberals and gays. Very MAGAty. Rescue chick is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 53July 24, 2021 2:57 PM

R40 The owner is a fighter for the freedom of speech which is more than most can say.

by Anonymousreply 54July 24, 2021 2:58 PM

R53 you sought out a video of a guy who live streamed his suicide and are shocked that some people were less than sympathetic towards him? I mean there are hundreds of thousands of posts making on the internet making fun of people who died of covid because of their own stupidity, are you outraged about that?

by Anonymousreply 55July 24, 2021 3:03 PM

Why would you seek that out to watch it, R53? I am just curious. A friend of mine felt the same way after he sought out that journalist beheading video a few years ago, and I was like, uhm what did you expect when you hunted that down to watch it?

Some things just can't be unseen - like Two Girls One Cup. I got tricked into watching that - I was told it was hilarious - I couldn't close it fast enough once the nastiness started.

by Anonymousreply 56July 24, 2021 3:04 PM

Who said I’m “outraged”? I think it’s bizarre. I look askance at people who gloat about COVID deaths, too, but I’m not upset.

by Anonymousreply 57July 24, 2021 3:09 PM

We linked to KF a while back in a thread about a narcissistic mom blogger and her profoundly disabled daughters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 24, 2021 3:17 PM

Kiwifarms is heavily moderated. Threads have to be started in a particular forum called the proving grounds and are required to follow specific guidelines to be approved to move to 'open' forums. There's no double posting allowed, no off topic posting allowed and no discussing yourself allowed. No discussion of trolling the thread subjects or of contacting any 'officials' with the exception of active child molesters, active zoophiles and the like.

by Anonymousreply 59July 24, 2021 3:52 PM

I don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 60July 24, 2021 4:05 PM

Don't believe for a minute that governments don't have "dark web" sites like this under continual surveillance and that anybody's able to post anonymously there or anywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 61July 24, 2021 4:06 PM

Cut the hand-wringing crap about Kiwi Farms. Sure, there are asshole posters on there, same as on any other online forum. But the site's raison d'être is to find and discuss people and things that are ridiculous, or dangerous, or otherwise interesting.

Which means that a lot of the narcissistic online attention whores get discussed there, and obviously, the posters aren't fawning fans. Being narcissistic attention whores, the subjects google themselves and invariably join the discussion, usually throwing hissy fits and issuing legal and suicide threats. Why? Because they crave attention and also believe they and ONLY they have the right to talk about themselves online. No criticism allowed!

Kiwi Farms posters have researched and published information about people that shows them in an unfavorable light. Jessica Yanov has been successful in getting her predatory interactions with young girls and bigoted targeting of minority women removed from practically everywhere BUT Kiwi Farms. To hear Yanov tell it, people hate her because she's trans. No - it's because she's a sexual predator and serial harasser.

They've uncovered the pedophilic predilections of a Taiwanese idiot who successfully obtained legal asylum in the United States. His supporters insisted he was just being 'edgy', until it was proven that nope, he really did have a thing for little kids.

There are all kinds of examples of this on Kiwi Farms. And for doing this, they're called the sewer of the internet.

There is this ridiculous notion nowadays that one can promote oneself online AND completely control the narrative. If anyone else says anything critical, oh noes - it's harassment! it's stalking! Bullshit. It's calling people out, and if they don't like it, they need to tone down their online presence. Once you've put yourself out there, other people are entitled to comment, and entitled to post what they've discovered about you. Even the bad stuff that you really don't want your fans to know about.

by Anonymousreply 62July 24, 2021 4:06 PM

I don’t understand the appeal of seeking out strangers on the internet to obsess over.

by Anonymousreply 63July 24, 2021 4:15 PM

Nobody is buying that KiwiFarms is a crime-solving, investigative journalism powerhouse that is helping humanity in every way and is being unfairly maligned.

Look, you anti trans people are always allying yourself with scumbags. Your allies on DL are people like Milo and Matt A. You link to rightwing websites and praise Republicans, and have more than once said you'll vote Trump.

[bold] Now you're praising a website that has threads titled "The mental illness of being a faggot" and "Is Nigger-Teenth a holiday now?" and "Should I kill the kike doctor that took away my foreskin?" [/bold]

You don't get to come here and insist that you care about gays when you're spending your days palling around with assholes who call us "faggots" on a regular basis.

by Anonymousreply 64July 24, 2021 4:17 PM

The Deathfats sections seems tailor made for DL.

by Anonymousreply 65July 24, 2021 4:25 PM

[quote]You’re full of shit R49, no one ever threatened to kill you on DL and frankly people like you post that shit in order to get a conversation stopped.

Your pal Matt A. threatens people all the time and everyone here knows it. That's how he used to get threads deleted, because giving FFs to your own threads until they disappeared didn't work anymore.

I'd bet a big sack o' cash that if Matt were able to post right now, he'd be vomiting up slurs and threats left and right on this thread just to get it deleted, because it's so damning for you anti trans trolls.

I haven't once asked for this conversation to be stopped and you know it. In fact, I would be thrilled if more Dataloungers saw this conversation. I think that a lot of people need to know that the anti trans trolls on here are defending and big fans of a forum that calls gays "faggots" and "soy boys" constantly.

by Anonymousreply 66July 24, 2021 4:31 PM

I've seen a lot of specious things on DL but Rescue Chick claiming KiwiFarms is "heavily moderated" is a new low!

Yes I'm sure that's true. Let's peek in on one of those heavily moderated forums shall we?

[quote]If you frequent this forum daily, why?

[quote]I can say nigger here. Also faggot, retard, tranny and kike. But mainly NIGGER.

Very moderated! Much free speech! Good for society! Not a sewer!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 24, 2021 4:45 PM

You know what pisses me the hell off? That this thread is going to get deleted and we aren't going to be able to point to it and show people what you anti-trans fuckoffs are really like.

You bitch constantly about "Muriel is a tranny lover who takes away my free speech" but these threads getting deleted are the BEST things that EVER happen to you. You're all too damn stupid to cover your tracks. You have no chill. You're desensitized to the hateful shit you post and all the hateful friends you've made at places like KiwiFarms, and you post stuff that hurts your cause in threads like these. Then Muriel dutifully deletes them, saving your collective asses.

by Anonymousreply 68July 24, 2021 4:48 PM

R55, That's not even a good comparison, dumb bitch. Republican/Conservative morons deliberately not getting vaccinated because they think it's a liberal conspiracy deserve public mockery and scorn. Some poor, mentally unwell sod blowing his brains out is hardly a laugh riot.

by Anonymousreply 69July 24, 2021 4:49 PM

R25 is a million percent right. This is a forum for gay men but the minority of rightwing parasites are the ones so often setting the tone, and “rescue chick” is a major culprit in that regard.

A poster brazenly defending a poisonously homophobic forum on here is a good indication of how low discourse has sunk.

by Anonymousreply 70July 24, 2021 4:49 PM

well, not all of us are in love with Trans culture.

by Anonymousreply 71July 24, 2021 5:02 PM

Who said we were, r71. Stop with the black and white thinking.

by Anonymousreply 72July 24, 2021 5:07 PM

So Kiwi Farms is like Data Lounge without the gays and Reddit without the big dicks?

by Anonymousreply 73July 24, 2021 5:08 PM

Gotta love DL hypocrites that LOLed at a baby dropped from a ship, post mocking posts about the dead, call disabled people frauds, say racist shit even if it's benevolent racism (it's still racism), talk shit about teens (Greta anyone?), etc, etc.

But OMFG, there's (maybe) women/ lesbians wanting to talk about the trans shit, that doesn't get any nastier than any other topic here, but you know, it's the end of the fucking world 🙄

There's nothing worse than fucking hypocrites, and the poster that won't stfu about the poor trans grifters is one of those.

by Anonymousreply 74July 24, 2021 5:09 PM

Here’s Wikipedia on why the forum was created:

[quote] The website was originally launched as an exclusive imageboard to troll and harass a webcomic artist who was first spotted in 2007 on a 4chan video game board for having designed a home and fanmade comic-series called Sonichu (a unofficial mashup of the Sonic and Pokémon universes).

What?

Why do these things so often revolve around video games, and why the fuck would you set up a forum just to troll some guy who had developed a game? Millennials and gen z are the worst generations ever.

by Anonymousreply 75July 24, 2021 5:10 PM

Who has said anything about "poor trans grifters" though? What are you even talking about?

by Anonymousreply 76July 24, 2021 5:11 PM

Yes r73, lots of big manly dicks on the Reddit incel subs.

by Anonymousreply 77July 24, 2021 5:12 PM

R54, most right-wingers who believe in "free speech" are busy trying to eliminate any discussion of race in schools. These supposed free speech warriors just want to get a pass for being assholes

by Anonymousreply 78July 24, 2021 5:14 PM

R73 basically. Don't let the moral crusader in here convince you otherwise. I'd say a major difference I've noticed is they get a lot of open slur usage because it's not moderated -- show me a site that wouldn't though. I've seen "fag" used here a million times, with little push back. How about conspiracies about Asian women being a replacement fuck for men in the closet?

Don't think KF is a nice place. It's not. But this can be a nasty place too, because any site that's anon and not heavily moderated can attract assholes. I checked it out once and noped out, but I'm not going to demonize lurkers or casual users there just for having an association.

by Anonymousreply 79July 24, 2021 5:15 PM

R62, the people going after Jessica Yaniv probably support Matt Gaetz and Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 80July 24, 2021 5:17 PM

R79 still desperately attempting to equate a snarky gay board with a racist, homophobic forum hellbent on ruining peoples lives and driving them to suicide because they enjoy the suffering of others.

by Anonymousreply 81July 24, 2021 5:18 PM

R51, the anti-trans trolls like you are the ones who lack nuance

Transwomen are all straight men in dresses who want to rape women.....but they're also gays who can't handle being gay!

If one trans person does something bad, we'll link to it and make generalizations about all trans people.....but if they do the same to gays, they're homophobic!

by Anonymousreply 82July 24, 2021 5:20 PM

R76 ummm did half this topic not turn into a pity party for trans people that are bad actors? 75% of thr criticism about KF has to do with a supposed "anti trans" agenda from "right wing trolls" crossing over to here (supposedly) -- those threads have nothing to do with trolling and I'd big money most are coming from lesbians sick of the bullshit. It's just frustrating that lesbians and women here are being unfairly attacked as kf infiltrators 🙄 I've seen that site and highly doubt a forum of mostly straight, angry, incel young men are coming here to post anti trans topics 🙄

by Anonymousreply 83July 24, 2021 5:21 PM

I guess I'm the "moral crusader" maybe but there are others who have said the same things I have.

The point I'm making r79 is that these anti trans trolls came in saying they were concerned about trans people because transing kids was being done by rightwingers who wanted to exterminate gays by turning all gay kids into trans. They said they cared about gays and hated the rightwing pro-trans push.

But that's not true, the truth is these anti-trans trolls love rightwing websites, rightwing news, rightwing politicians, they hang around with people who call gays slurs all the time. And then they try to defend it by saying DL has trolls, too, so they're all the same.

Preposterous! DL only occasionally looks like KF and when it does it's 99% the fault of you guys, especially M-tt. If it gets that bad it frequently gets deleted. It always gets called out, even if the mods don't bother to delete it. I don't see anyone on KF calling any of that stuff out. In fact, you guys have bent over backwards to defend it.

by Anonymousreply 84July 24, 2021 5:21 PM

List what replies you're talking about r83, because I don't see anyone here having a "pity party" for "trans grifters." Prove to me that you're not making it up.

by Anonymousreply 85July 24, 2021 5:22 PM

R85 use your Goddamn eyes.

by Anonymousreply 86July 24, 2021 5:23 PM

The thread is right here. We can all see that half the thread did not turn into a "pity party" for "trans grifters." Stop wasting our time, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 87July 24, 2021 5:25 PM

R87 I only see one bitch in here, would you like to borrow a mirror?

by Anonymousreply 88July 24, 2021 5:26 PM

[quote] [R76] ummm did half this topic not turn into a pity party for trans people that are bad actors?

You need to step up your gaslighting game, liar. The proof you’re wrong is in black and white above.

by Anonymousreply 89July 24, 2021 5:28 PM

Yeah it did R87. Someone or a group of posters are clogging up the thread to talk about how hateful anti-trans are. And it is a bit rich to criticize a site like Kiwi Farms given the unbridled misogyny, racism, and classism posted on this site in multiple threads on a daily basis. Apparently free speech is only okay if you don't belong to the group being insulted.

by Anonymousreply 90July 24, 2021 5:29 PM

-1,443,225/10, r90. You’re worse than Trump with your shabby gaslighting fails. We’re not a bunch of drooling hillbillies. Wrong audience. WE CAN READ.

by Anonymousreply 91July 24, 2021 5:31 PM

And no, I'm not defending that shithole KF, but can't believe the biggest criticism turned into some conspiracy about trans posts here (from some matt troll), is the #1 beef -- instead of the nasty slurs about everyone on KF (it's not just trans people that are victims). You'd have a point if there was a parallel in more than one topic with here and there.

R90 THANK YOU

by Anonymousreply 92July 24, 2021 5:31 PM

You need to take your meds R91 and quit trying to speak for everyone with your "we" garbage.

by Anonymousreply 93July 24, 2021 5:34 PM

R91 proof once again that accusations of trolls with an agenda, is some delusional wish from some DL users -- pretending DIFFERENT posters are all the same "troll" because it's not aligning with your opinion.

by Anonymousreply 94July 24, 2021 5:34 PM

It’s disgusting. And it surprises me that some of the posters on here seem to live on these hateful forums and spend their lives posting away. Well, maybe it doesn’t surprise me after all.

There IS a difference between pointless bitchery and just plain evil fuckers who don’t have a life of their own and spend their lonely days talking shit about people who do.

by Anonymousreply 95July 24, 2021 5:40 PM

Look at how the alt-right trolls try to change the subject on a thread — they’ll claim “white is black,” defend that argument endlessly, and then claim it was you arguing white is black.

by Anonymousreply 96July 24, 2021 5:41 PM

I have noticed that rescue chick rubs her clit endlessly in the Markle threads.

by Anonymousreply 97July 24, 2021 5:43 PM

R93 don't worry, next they'll convince themselves it's all one right wing, KF using person talking back, because they really think EVERYONE on DL has to agree with their conspiracy theory that posts here criticizing trans people are all from right wing "trolls"... you know, instead of lesbians that are sick of the crap. It's difficult enough to have an adult discussion about that topic, without it being immediately shut down, but now they'll have this KF troll conspiracy to latch onto every time. Watch. It's the logic on the internet these days, that if ABC site is criticizing something, XYZ site must be in cahoots. Must be all those alright 20 yr olds on KF coming here to get you all to hate trans people.

R96 and it begins 🙄 Grow up and learn everyone that disagrees with you, isn't a fucking right wing Nazi troll, trying to fight you. There's a block button if you don't want to see opinions you don't like.

by Anonymousreply 98July 24, 2021 5:43 PM

R98 = R93

by Anonymousreply 99July 24, 2021 5:44 PM

This thread didn’t work out the way OP wanted and so now the alt-righters have turned up the gas massively. It’s actually amusing, how transparent they are.

by Anonymousreply 100July 24, 2021 5:46 PM

R99 called you on your bs. Please anyone here, feel free to use block to see the truth about these loud mouths on DL that can't handle a different opinion.

by Anonymousreply 101July 24, 2021 5:46 PM

R99 = R100

by Anonymousreply 102July 24, 2021 5:46 PM

Joshua Moon, the creator of KF.

How do you think the rest of the users look like?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103July 24, 2021 5:47 PM

There have never been any threads on DL equivalent to what was posted at r64 or to the dead animals threads or the threads filled with footage of gruesome deaths and suicides.

Hell, when someone tries to post a thread about people pooping in grocery stores, it gets deleted ASAP.

You can try to claim DL is just as bad as KF but it's not even close.

by Anonymousreply 104July 24, 2021 5:47 PM

I don't necessarily disagree R95, there is a line and Kiwifarms goes too far for my personal taste, I've actually never heard of it til now.

But there is at least one loon in here who keeps accusing everyone of being right wing because they have the temerity to criticize the trans movement. He/she/it doesn't want to think that a gay man is against trans and the go to criticism is to pretend it's all coming from a "right wing troll" or a frau. I have a feeling that poster is trans.

by Anonymousreply 105July 24, 2021 5:48 PM

Enough with the faux pearl-clutching. Most DL'ers would be right at home at KF. And yes, posts can be edited after posting and duplicate threads are not tolerated.

by Anonymousreply 106July 24, 2021 5:48 PM

r97, I think I have posted maybe 2 or 3 times ever about or in a Markle thread. I have no strong opinions either way about her or her husband. This thread proves that there is quite enough to dislike me for without making shit up.

by Anonymousreply 107July 24, 2021 5:49 PM

Anti-trans is pro-reality, R21.

by Anonymousreply 108July 24, 2021 5:51 PM

[quote] Enough with the faux pearl-clutching. Most DL'ers would be right at home at KF.

And the gaslighting continues. Yes, gay men are very happy on a forum run by a chubby incel who calls anyone he hates a “faggot.”

by Anonymousreply 109July 24, 2021 5:52 PM

Lmao look at the KF fatties panicking

by Anonymousreply 110July 24, 2021 5:52 PM

R4, what was the thread about?

by Anonymousreply 111July 24, 2021 5:53 PM

What is this web site? Something like Reddit? 4chan? What do they post about?

by Anonymousreply 112July 24, 2021 5:53 PM

R105 that's all I've been saying. They've taken away a real conversation about KF in general and turned it into a trans discussion (ironically, the thing they accuse others of constantly). KF is a site that is a cesspit of hate, way worse than any other site, but it's 100% anything goes (all the good, bad, and ugly).

I'm not sure how a site could get away with that much freedom and not develop into that though. My point about DL wasn't that it's just as bad, but that there's similar hatefulness at times, it's just kept it check. Idk if you could have a truly anon site totally free of hate. There's something good about one of the last bastions of 100% free speech online, but is worth the cost? That's a better discussion than trans, trans trans 🙄

by Anonymousreply 113July 24, 2021 5:55 PM

[quote]Yes, gay men are very happy on a forum run by a chubby [bold]incel who calls anyone he hates a “faggot.”[/bold]

Heh - we see that right here all the time. Ever been on any of the RuPaul's Drag Race threads?

Others who don't want to go quite that far will substitute "faggot" with "effeminate" or "effete", when they clearly want to use the f-bomb. No one says shit about it.

by Anonymousreply 114July 24, 2021 5:55 PM

What a mess these anti trans trolls are.

I suspect the sudden increase in personal attacks is because they're deliberately trying to get FFs and ignores, or because they know the whole thing is a lost cause so they're just going nuclear and trying every dumb thing they can think of, hoping something sticks.

by Anonymousreply 115July 24, 2021 5:56 PM

That's not gaslighting, R109.

Go check it out, R112. The Amberlynn Reid and Jessica Yaniv threads are entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 116July 24, 2021 5:57 PM

There isn't a single Drag Race thread on Datalounge that comes close to the eight-page "The Mental Illness of Being a Faggot" thread on Kiwi Farms, and you know it, so just cut it out.

by Anonymousreply 117July 24, 2021 5:57 PM

Death threats or death threats are surefire ways to shut a thread down, I have yet to see a death threat here against anyone.

Also have you ever heard of twitter? Certain Reddit discussions? Sports boards where it’s mostly straight men?

Also the original article is by Gizmodo a media group that regularly publishes articles that aren’t fully vetted, make false accusations and one of their sites published revenge porn. So spare me the sanctimonious bullshit about Kiwi farms.

You want to see what happens to someone who tries to have nuanced discussions about trans issues? Look at the hate Jesse signal, buck angel and Martina Navratilova have tried to have about the issues.

by Anonymousreply 118July 24, 2021 6:02 PM

R112 it's a weird site.... kinda like reddit, but no rules, or separate groups, and they often mock people. There's basically no moderation, so no limits on what's said. I do know they call people "LOLCOWS" -- public people (on social media especially) to laugh at. They'll screenshot, discuss, etc. That's not the entire purpose (I peeked into a couple threads about political events), but it's a big chunk of it.

Back when I looked, it was prompted by a different article, regarding a suicide, where KF was linked. I didn't stick around to see animal abuse or suicide videos though. I'm surprised at anyone that would.

by Anonymousreply 119July 24, 2021 6:02 PM

R117 being not as bad doesn't excuse the fact that enough hate happens here, but a few in here want to ride the high horse. In a way though, it could be argued worse that a GAY board tolerates the F word, you know, instead of some seedy site that's a known free for all (with a majority probably being 20 yr old straight guys). It's way more of a shock to be hit in the face with it here than on there.

by Anonymousreply 120July 24, 2021 6:08 PM

Hmm... reading the "The Mental Illness of Being a Faggot" thread on KF right now. Abhorrent, but a lot of the replies are of those disagreeing with that thread's OP.

And, for some odd reason, the threads here about "I'm sick of gay men, I want to marry a woman" that crop up from time to time are coming to mind.

by Anonymousreply 121July 24, 2021 6:09 PM

Would the people who are so outraged by the idea that kiwi farms caused someone to take their life feel the same way of yashar ali did after that big takedown of him and the daily threats of suicide he made on his massive platform.

by Anonymousreply 122July 24, 2021 6:14 PM

R107, you did have some strong opinions. I had initially blocked you, but then I looked at the fact that you like animals as a redeeming quality.

by Anonymousreply 123July 24, 2021 6:15 PM

Your entire premise that "Datalounge is hypocritical and sanctimonious for criticizing Kiwi Farms" is ridiculous for a whole host of reasons.

First of all, Datalounge en masse is not criticizing KiwiFarms. Some Dataloungers are criticizing the individual anti trans trolls who make all sorts of claims about being morally and ethically superior, yet constantly ally themselves with scumbags and right wingers, if they're not right wingers themselves.

Second, people on Datalounge constantly, daily, repeatedly complain about the right wing trolls and general assholes who post trollbait. There are lengthy threads about how the site isn't moderated and various trolls post homophobic ESTs with no consequences.

You know this because YOU guys are the very trolls that DLers constantly ask to please be moderated, because the place is turning into a pit. You guys bring Kiwi Farms and 4chan style crap over here, you're the ones posting those "I'm sick of gay men" threads etc. Not all of you, but a lot of you.

Third, even though it's not moderated, the worst of the worst, the ones who get close to Kiwi Farms territory, get grayed out, red tagged, and banned. One of you guys got grayed out about an hour ago, scroll up and look for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 124July 24, 2021 6:17 PM

I am glad that Joshua moon founded KF, otherwise he would be shooting up classrooms somewhere in America. His face screams "I don't get fucked and I like to kill people".

by Anonymousreply 125July 24, 2021 6:17 PM

[quoteWould the people who are so outraged by the idea that kiwi farms caused someone to take their life

No one on this thread is even talking about it, let alone outraged. No one on Datalounge cares.

by Anonymousreply 126July 24, 2021 6:21 PM

[quote]Don't believe for a minute that governments don't have [bold]"dark web"[/bold] sites like this under continual surveillance

You're adorable.

by Anonymousreply 128July 24, 2021 6:32 PM

[quote] the people going after Jessica Yaniv probably support Matt Gaetz and Donald Trump

Yes, going after a fat, racist child molesting man in a dress means supporting a moronic grifter like Dump. So I take it you SUPPORT guys like Yaniv?

It’s wild that someone out there actually believes this.

by Anonymousreply 129July 24, 2021 7:01 PM

Poor thing whith his anime avatar and his self-diagnosed autism couldn't cope living outside his trans bubble, where every of his actions and thoughts were praised and validated. I guess it was inevitable with this generation of pussies.

But I'm wondering what trans twitter did for him before he killed himself. I guess nothing, because from time to time, they need a victim and a story they can use. Because they're all victims. All their fucking life.

by Anonymousreply 130July 24, 2021 7:18 PM

I really dislike how they appropriated a cute little animal; that happens to be the unofficial bird of an entire country and a nickname for someone who comes from there- yet it's an American website. Why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131July 24, 2021 7:21 PM

I think gay men who transition are committing suicide already—they just aren’t going physically dead yet.

by Anonymousreply 132July 24, 2021 7:47 PM

Rather completely dead - physically dead they are because they’ve removed their penis and testicles.

by Anonymousreply 133July 24, 2021 7:48 PM

I guess I have them blocked but someone actually defended Jessica Yaniv here?

by Anonymousreply 134July 24, 2021 7:57 PM

R58 Lol, since the trans loons are homophobic in nature why would we give two shits what you or any other trans loon think?

by Anonymousreply 135July 24, 2021 8:05 PM

R131 it’s based on the original name of the forum. When it’s deliberately mispronounced it sounds like kiwi farm. It’s typical flyover incel “humor.”

by Anonymousreply 136July 24, 2021 8:21 PM

[quote] Yes, going after a fat, racist child molesting man in a dress means supporting a moronic grifter like Dump.

Agree 100%.

by Anonymousreply 137July 24, 2021 8:23 PM

I would also like to point out that beyond a random Twitter person posting, there's not actually any proof that the guy in the OPs article killed himself. anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 138July 24, 2021 8:24 PM

R135, the people who attacks trans people are homophobic Republican loons

by Anonymousreply 139July 24, 2021 8:33 PM

R130, your generation is full of pussies who voted for Trump and are scared of a vaccine. Weird, the Republicans you side with think all gay men are "pussies" so it's weird to see gay men using terms like that as an insults

by Anonymousreply 140July 24, 2021 8:34 PM

R108, no, conservatives who hate trans people aren't "pro reality"

These are the same people who thought their lives would end if gay people got married or served in the military

by Anonymousreply 141July 24, 2021 8:36 PM

You think people who have concerns about medically transitioning minors are all right wing republicans r141? You’re in for a rude surprise dear.

by Anonymousreply 142July 24, 2021 8:44 PM

Fascinating the the michfest fatties who are so anti-trans find themselves in bed with neo-fascist redhat incels. Mind the moon cups, incels.

by Anonymousreply 143July 24, 2021 8:47 PM

This thread has all the earmarks of a sock puppet flame war.

by Anonymousreply 144July 24, 2021 8:49 PM

What gets me is how did it get it's name

It has nothing to do with Kiwis, or farming, and you'll certainly learn nothing there about farming said birds

by Anonymousreply 145July 24, 2021 10:00 PM

R145 Someone said it in previous comments. The forum's original name was CWCki forums and later, got bastardized to KiwiFarms. (Source - Wikipedia)

by Anonymousreply 146July 24, 2021 10:06 PM

Uh oh stuck dilator at R143.

by Anonymousreply 147July 24, 2021 10:08 PM

R146 thanks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148July 24, 2021 10:17 PM

R84, I guess I might be considered ant-trans. I mean, I'm totally not. I'm against trans playing bio women sports for strictly biological reasons (I am totally fine with trans winning/competing in Miss America pageants or being on the cover of swimsuit magazines: No XY advantage? Then I don't care), giving puberty blockers to kids, and, most importantly, tired of trans co-opting gay history and spaces.

But otherwise? Couldn't care less. In fact, I vote to make sure trans adults are protected in terms of job, housing, etc.

Still, I get called anti-trans and right wing all the time here. Talk about lack of nuance.

And I've never once been to Kiwi Farms. Today is the first time I've heard of it. Though I might start lurking!

by Anonymousreply 149July 24, 2021 10:58 PM

I completely agree with you R149. We are monsters, I guess.

The other thing that I would add is that I am opposed to rape culture in all forms, including bullying lesbians and calling them transphobic because they don't want to get down with a "lady dick." I hope this is a small percentage of trans.

by Anonymousreply 150July 24, 2021 11:22 PM

Why don't you two at R149 and R150 go get a room?

But R145's "it's" merits a blown kiss and an "Oh, dear."

by Anonymousreply 151July 24, 2021 11:29 PM

Yes, R151, two people on DL agreeing with each other once in a thread with over 150 replies is certainly worthy of our own room.

What compelling content you've added to the topic.

by Anonymousreply 152July 24, 2021 11:32 PM

Any good Dick pics

by Anonymousreply 153July 24, 2021 11:46 PM

R141, And these are the same people who believe in "sky fairies" but they are gonna tell you they're "pro reality" Lol

by Anonymousreply 154July 24, 2021 11:48 PM

Honestly, after reading the “faggot” thread there, no one’s missing anything. It’s like a collection of the stupidest people on earth all in one place.

by Anonymousreply 155July 25, 2021 12:12 AM

I'd love to create a site like this laughing at all the Trump sperg's dying of covid. Or begging for money to support their dug habits. Or the lolcows. Like Candace Owens, Qanon Shamen or MTG. All those coaches pretending they're Christian yet raping kids. Basically a left wing kiwi farms. Giggling at Blue Lives Matter folks getting arrested in Iowq

by Anonymousreply 156July 25, 2021 12:14 AM

Null/Josh, the proprietor of KW is a free speech absolutist. Freedom of speech is our most important right as an American/human. It's the right that protects all the others. For all of its many faults, (of which there are many) the US protects free speech better than any country in the world. That includes the postings on the Farms. Sometimes that's good and sometimes it's bad but on the balance, it is a good thing. Make of that what you will. The site has been shaken down many times and never backs down. I feel Josh is the current day equivalent of Larry Flint. I don't know much about the other two suicides KF is getting the blame for but Julie Terryberry was a deeply disturbed person who to quote Heathers was dialing suicide hotlines in her Pampers, long before KW existed.

by Anonymousreply 157July 25, 2021 12:16 AM

R154 I don’t think you have to be religious to know women don’t have penises.

by Anonymousreply 158July 25, 2021 12:19 AM

I'd be a frequent visitor to your site, R156!

by Anonymousreply 159July 25, 2021 12:24 AM

Kiwi farms does the lord's work, and you're a verifiable moron or negligently misinformed if you disagree. The OPs sorry is bull, there's no proof that anyone was harmed, at all. Stop being such a gullible fucking child and grow up.

by Anonymousreply 160July 25, 2021 12:59 AM

I strongly dislike the frequent slurs slung around on KF but I tolerate it because it's the only place remaining. The woke left abandoned 'rational thought and free exchange of ideas' as guiding principles so no one stands up to the tech censorship that targets everyone (if you think it only targets the right and Trump, congratulations, you're literally too stupid to live) so those of us who still like honest discussion are forced to frequent places with distasteful commentary. This is your fault, not ours.

by Anonymousreply 161July 25, 2021 1:08 AM

^Oh, shut up you dweeb.

by Anonymousreply 162July 25, 2021 1:13 AM

KiwiFarms...the name itself sounds innocuous enough...like a small organic farm somewhere...lol. I never heard of it.

by Anonymousreply 163July 25, 2021 1:20 AM

R161 HUH?

by Anonymousreply 164July 25, 2021 1:22 AM

Does Kiwifarms make any money? They don’t use advertisements, of course, so how does it keep running. Donations? His personal funds?

by Anonymousreply 165July 25, 2021 1:28 AM

[quote]The woke left abandoned 'rational thought and free exchange of ideas'

Oh, God. Here we go again with this boring, tedious right wing talking point. No, they did not "abandon" free speech or any of those things, they just stopped listening to dumb snowflakes like you. That's why you're having a little dizzy fit.

[quote]so those of us who still like honest discussion are forced to frequent places with distasteful commentary. This is your fault, not ours.

No one is forcing you to frequent those dump sites, you go there because you're a piece of shit. Take responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming it on other people.

by Anonymousreply 166July 25, 2021 2:09 AM

R166 "nobody is trying to silence you or silence debate, now so talking and just accept everything I tell you!"

R166 just block me because you are clearly the problem here and people like you, dyed in the wool ideologues who probably "fucking love science!" but never have any idea what the fuck you're talking about. You don't even understand the terms of this spat if you're regurgitating nonsense like 'right wing' and 'snowflake.' when the woke are exposed as the intellectually bankrupt cretins that they are, you will literally be the last to know that you're not supposed to follow them anymore. Confident ignorance like this really is gross, isn't it? Sorry for being harsh.

by Anonymousreply 167July 25, 2021 2:27 AM

Thank you, r119.

by Anonymousreply 168July 25, 2021 1:11 PM

[quote]it's a weird site.... kinda like reddit, but no rules, or separate groups, and they often mock people. There's basically no moderation, so no limits on what's said. I do know they call people "LOLCOWS" -- public people (on social media especially) to laugh at. They'll screenshot, discuss, etc.

Sounds exactly like here.

by Anonymousreply 169July 25, 2021 1:15 PM

[quote] I'd love to create a site like this laughing at all the Trump sperg's dying of covid. Or begging for money to support their dug habits. Or the lolcows. Like Candace Owens, Qanon Shamen or MTG. All those coaches pretending they're Christian yet raping kids. Basically a left wing kiwi farms. Giggling at Blue Lives Matter folks getting arrested in Iowq

You’re obviously unfamiliar with the site. Candace Owens has a thread. So does MTG, Ben Shapiro and a bunch of other right-wingers. There’s even a popular thread dumping on deranged Trump supporters.

It’s not an issue of ideology, the kids over there are equal opportunity trolls. If you act like an idiot on the internet and enough people notice, you’ll get a thread.

by Anonymousreply 170July 25, 2021 1:19 PM

R160 - kf does the lord’s work? You just exposed yourself and your agenda right there, and the fact that 8 people liked your comment shows you’re either a sock puppeteer, or you told your asshole friends about this discussion. If you were so honestly contributing to the lord’s work, you wouldn’t do it anonymously in an echo chamber. It’s easy enough to be a shitty asshole when no one knows who you are. So brave of you.

by Anonymousreply 171July 25, 2021 1:21 PM

r171=Amberlynn is hangry.

by Anonymousreply 172July 25, 2021 1:28 PM

[quote]Kiwi farms does the lord's work, and you're a verifiable moron or negligently misinformed if you disagree.

Imma guess you're the fat incel owner of Kiwi Farms.

[quote]I strongly dislike the frequent slurs slung around on KF but I tolerate it because it's the only place remaining.

[quote]those of us who still like honest discussion are forced to frequent places with distasteful commentary

You can cough up a few bucks a year and make your own forums and blogs. Your incompetence and laziness is not our fault.

[quote]You don't even understand the terms of this spat if you're regurgitating nonsense like 'right wing' and 'snowflake.' when the woke are exposed as the intellectually bankrupt cretins that they are

Leave it to this dim bulb to say "right wing" is a nonsense term but "woke," which he uses repeatedly, is a marker of intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 173July 25, 2021 1:51 PM

R73 DataLounge and KiwiFarms do have many similarities. Both sites are irreverent and entertaining. Both have members who sound smarter, funnier and more adult than users of other internet forums. Diversity of opinion is encouraged rather than censored. The main difference is that KF mocks people who want to be internet famous rather than Hollywood celebrities.

Like DL, much of the Farms is devoted to more mundane topics. Current events, books and film, cooking, music, health and well-being, you name it. Even when politics are discussed, a general respect for civility and tolerance for difference of opinion is always present.

Detractors of KF will tell you it’s a hive of racist Nazis stalkers devoted to making innocent people suffer. Nothing could be further from the truth. Interaction with the people who have threads there is frowned upon and strongly discouraged. And lots of trans and gay people post there. I run into them all the time.

Much of the current criticism of the Farms is being orchestrated by the sort of “some men have vaginas” true believers who are threatened by any and all criticism of their ideas. I have accounts on DL and KF because both places are becoming something of a rarity on the internet these days: forums for (mostly) uncensored discussion rather than boring, heavily-moderated, echo chambers.

by Anonymousreply 174July 25, 2021 4:24 PM

R109 Words like “bitch” and “cunt” get used on DL everyday. Are you outraged by that too?

by Anonymousreply 175July 25, 2021 5:38 PM

We support our Kiwi Farmers! 🥝 🇳🇿

by Anonymousreply 176July 25, 2021 5:55 PM

R153 As far as I can tell, KF users hardly ever post porn meant for the enjoyment of the larger community. They have pretty strict ideas about revealing any personal information about themselves, including references to individual users' kinks or fetishes.

Also, the owner and mods seem to be very wary of allowing any content that might fall outside the letter of the law. Probably trying to avoid attacks by haters who will post stuff like like kiddie porn in order to get the site shut down. Many subs on Reddit fell victim to the same tactic.

by Anonymousreply 177July 25, 2021 6:30 PM

R166 Gonna let you in on a little secret. Gay men come in all types of political affiliations. You really think right-wing trolls are on a mission to subvert and undermine the DataLounge?

Somebody, please. Cue the theme music to the Twilight Zone.

by Anonymousreply 178July 25, 2021 8:00 PM

I'm guessing someone went whining to KiwiFarms like the little bitch they are, which is why all these defenses of that virtual armpit keep trickling in.

At least that one guy linked to earlier in the thread had the balls to say he liked KiwiFarms because he got to say the n-word. The big baby KF defenders on here wouldn't have the guts. All they can do is imply that it's okay for KiwiFarms to call people "n*gger" and "f*ggot" because DLers say "cunt" a lot.

by Anonymousreply 179July 25, 2021 11:52 PM

R178 yeah but crazies like r179 think that anyone slightly to the right of Stalin is literally Hitler--the amount of hyperbole is just ridiculous. Folks, people are complicated! Virtually no one perfectly aligns with their party on every issue, people have all sorts of varying and even conditioning views, and that's FINE because we are all just smart monkeys on a big rock, so lighten up, yeah?

R174 nails it.

by Anonymousreply 180July 26, 2021 12:15 AM

R179 You are the reason DL is turning to pot. Not everyone is a troll. No one is coming on to DL from Kiwi Farms to “defend” KF; they know they are trolls. They are fine staying in their own world. LSAers sometimes go on DL to insult white women, and trannies do because invading others spaces is what they do best, but KF isn’t like that.

by Anonymousreply 181July 26, 2021 12:49 AM

Are you perpetual virgins done with damage control?

Feeling skinnier yet?

by Anonymousreply 182July 26, 2021 7:06 PM

R175, False equivalent. DLer's call each other bitch, cunts and whores all the time, and sometimes as terms of endearment; even the women who frequent here do too. These terms are not exclusively used to target any specific gender or sexuality. Unless someone is being an actual bitch or cunt, it's not used with malignant intention.

R178, Let me let you in on a little reality check, one of the major staples of right-wing ideologues has always been "Divide and Conquer," which is something they OPENLY admit to doing. There is no conspiracy to be had, at least not on my part.

[quote]Gay men come in all types of political affiliations

Yes, and... am I supposed to care? Lol Nobody gives two fucks whether dickhead cunts like Milo Yiannopoulos exist. We are VERY aware that you exist, dear. We just don't give a damn.

by Anonymousreply 183July 26, 2021 7:27 PM

Trolls who troll know they're trolls, you say?? Oh, R181, what a remarkable revelation...somebody stop the presses.

There have been more straight women invading DL than there has ever been trans. Perhaps, it's shit-spewing irritant fraus like you the reason DL has gone to the dogs?

by Anonymousreply 184July 26, 2021 7:35 PM

Give it up, R183. Everybody reading this knows EXACTLY what you really mean. It’s okay to use slurs as long the people they’re meant to target use them too or if they’re spoken with affection.

You have the logical consistency of poo and the intellectual integrity of a spineless weasel. Well done.

by Anonymousreply 185July 28, 2021 2:36 PM

Half of this thread is people defending Kiwi Farms and someone had the audacity to say no one here is defending Kiwi Farms.

Between that and poor r185 using the word "poo," thinking it'll make him look like a regular, this thread has been very illuminating about a lot of Datalounge's recent problems. Seems a lot of the stupidity on here can be traced to actual, bona fide stupid Kiwi Farms denizens.

by Anonymousreply 186July 28, 2021 3:17 PM

Kiwifarms doesn't have 10% of DL's open, blatant misogyny.

Gaggle of hypocrites

by Anonymousreply 187July 28, 2021 4:57 PM

R186 “Him”? Please don’t assume my pronouns, bitch. It’s literal violence.

You think I’m an evil invader from KiwifFarms trying to blend in because I typed the word “poo”?

Not so fast. I could be a deep undercover Trumper. Or a klan granny. Maybe even a dyke or a frau.

Must be exhausting living in an ongoing state of paranoia. Don’t look now… There’s one of them right behind you… Boo!

by Anonymousreply 188July 28, 2021 11:22 PM

We know, R187 - kw has more.

by Anonymousreply 189July 28, 2021 11:26 PM

R186 this is such a bad argument. 1. It IS absurd trust anyone in this earth would care enough about DL to come here and... What? Argue with you? You think this is MORE likely than some DL regs like another gossip forum. 2. Let's say people are brigading from KF, so what? So this developer totally definitely killed himself even though there is no proof except one guy on Twitter who promised it was true and now refuses to discuss it, and KF is to blame for this thing that totally happened, no verification required?

by Anonymousreply 190July 28, 2021 11:48 PM

R190 You think I'm arguing with you? Take it easy, hun. Let's be friends.

I propose a compromise. I'll keep defending your right to say whatever you want and you keep trying to shut me up. Deal?

by Anonymousreply 191July 29, 2021 12:46 AM

r190 r191

by Anonymousreply 192October 15, 2021 10:36 PM

[quote] Oh, God. Here we go again with this boring, tedious right wing talking point

Not really a right wing point. Real socialists have been denouncing the absurds of identity politics for decades, way before the right. You'd know this if the Democratic party actually had anyone from the left in it.

by Anonymousreply 193October 15, 2021 10:46 PM

R193.

by Anonymousreply 194October 15, 2021 10:51 PM

I just looked at the Kiwi Farms "animal control" sub. It looks like it's mostly threads about furries, the people who have a fetish for dressing up in animal costumes and having sex with others who are similarly costumed. Imagine the kind of people who think of "my little pony" cartoons as erotica. That's weird and creepy, but it' doesn't involve cruelty to actual animals.

Kiwi Farms is a chaotic mess of immature people who thing using slurs makes them somehow more edgy than those of us who don't.

HOWEVER, when the normal online media is shunning a scandal involving a trans person, Kiwi Farms always has the receipts. For example, when Aimee Chancellor ran for office in the UK and hired her father, (a man who raped and tortured someone in their attic) to work on her political campaign, Kiwi Farms covered it. And when Jonathan/Jessica Yaniv (tampon fetishist and generally awful person) became a vexatious litigant in Canada's human rights tribunals suing immigrant aestheticians for declining to touch his male genitalia), Kiwi Farms was just about the only place covering it for a while.

The people on that site are not nice. and it's a pretty gross place. But that doesn't mean it isn't useful on occasion.

by Anonymousreply 195October 16, 2021 1:06 AM

But Aimee Chanellor and Yaniv have been covered extensively throughout other online mediums as well, maybe you just weren't looking? I first heard about them via Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 196October 16, 2021 9:05 PM

R196 I don't use YouTube much and I don't use it for news. I only know that before I could find any of the Yaniv information in any mainstream outlet, Kiwi Farms had the details. Indeed, they had more detail than I wanted to know - but that story wasn't covered by normal media outlets for quite a while.

by Anonymousreply 197October 17, 2021 6:12 PM

r197

by Anonymousreply 198October 17, 2021 9:12 PM

I am OP and I am also the poster who said that I haven't been to the website in nearly a year because I haven't. The only threads that I was interested in were news and celebrity gossip so those were the only ones that I read. Other than the usual assholes that every website on the Internet has, I saw nothing unusual or right wing at all. I really don't gaf if you believe me or not.

by Anonymousreply 199September 4, 2022 1:18 AM

Then you were being willfully obtuse. There was rampant, casual homophobia and fascism left and right. Despite some of its usefulness in exposing dangerous nutjobs like Yaniv, it really is a net positive that it got shut down.

by Anonymousreply 200September 4, 2022 1:22 AM

R200- No, I really just didn't see it and nothing you say changes that fact.

by Anonymousreply 201September 4, 2022 1:25 AM

"with lunatics from both sides"

Ah the both sider argument. The last refuge of a bigot scoundrel.

Speaking of:

"Rescue chick" saying she's not a troll just because you don't like her.

True.

She's a troll because she's a troll.

Whether you like her or not as nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 202September 4, 2022 1:35 AM

Muriel needs to shut down this troll fest. Pronto.

by Anonymousreply 203September 4, 2022 1:43 AM

So many mentally ill, sigh.

by Anonymousreply 204September 4, 2022 1:49 AM

Rescue Chick is a huge troll and anti-trans.

by Anonymousreply 205July 18, 2023 4:32 PM

Is it like DataLounge for incels?

by Anonymousreply 206July 18, 2023 4:37 PM

r206

by Anonymousreply 207July 18, 2023 4:38 PM

R207

by Anonymousreply 208July 18, 2023 4:40 PM

The whole thing sounds stupid as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 209July 18, 2023 5:15 PM

FF the creep who has people blocked but then posts their R to be able to read them anyway

by Anonymousreply 210July 18, 2023 9:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!