Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shock development: A Republican in the South tells the truth

Alabama's governor says:

[quote] The Republican governor of Alabama has said it is “time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks” for rising cases of Covid-19, amid concern that months of misinformation over the need and efficacy of vaccines is fueling a resurgence of coronavirus infections in several states.

She goes on to say:

[quote] “Folks are supposed to have common sense,” said the Alabama governor. “But it’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the vaccinated folks. It’s the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down.”

How often does a Republican tell the truth? Amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2021 7:41 PM

They allowed their base to get killed off to appease a malignant narcissist. They are not going to win '22 or '24 with all that blood on their hands. Fucking morons.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2021 6:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2021 6:39 PM

Several female Republicans are still semi-ok: Murkowski and Collins saved Obamacare - with an assist from vengeful McCain.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2021 6:44 PM

the deplorables deserve to die horrible deaths if they are not intelligent enough to value vaccines.......if they are that dull, they don't need to be reproducing or voting anyway...........

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2021 6:47 PM

Have the Dumb-plorbables stormed the governor's mansion yet?

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 7:08 PM

No accolades for her:

Ivey has not exactly helped her case. Last week, she rejected a plan by President Joe Biden in which community-based volunteers would go door to door to encourage COVID-19 vaccination and offer help to those who need it.

She also signed a bill banning “vaccine passports” in her state. That same law also banned businesses from requiring vaccination or even asking about vaccination status and banned schools, including colleges, from requiring the vaccine despite the fact that Alabama schools currently require multiple shots, with certain exemptions allowed.

Earlier this week, Ivey rejected a call for wearing masks in schools that was made by the American Academy of Pediatrics.

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2021 7:15 PM

As usual with Republicans, she's just passing the buck. She's been as irresponsible as every other GOP leader on this issue.

Ivey’s stern words Thursday said one thing, but her actions have sent a different message.

Two months ago, the Alabama Legislature passed a vaccine passport ban on the last day of its 2021 session. Lawmakers rammed the bill through so fast, not even the bill’s sponsor, state Sen. Arthur Orr, seemed to know what was in it.

That bill prohibited schools and universities from requiring students to be vaccinated.

That bill forced private businesses to accept customers who have refused to get vaccinated.

Ivey signed that bill into law.

Two weeks ago, UAB’s leading infectious disease expert Dr. Jeanne Marrazzo warned that lagging vaccinations rates and rising COVID cases, mostly due to the Delta variant, could push Alabama back to government-mandated mitigation measures.

Ivey lashed out.

“No one asked for my input for this story, and the headline is misleading. So, I’ll respond here,” she or someone on her staff wrote on the governor’s Facebook page. “Alabama is OPEN for business. Vaccines are readily available, and I encourage folks to get one. The state of emergency and health orders have expired. We are moving forward.”

Ivey’s stern words Thursday said one thing, but her actions have sent a different message.

Two months ago, the Alabama Legislature passed a vaccine passport ban on the last day of its 2021 session. Lawmakers rammed the bill through so fast, not even the bill’s sponsor, state Sen. Arthur Orr, seemed to know what was in it.

That bill prohibited schools and universities from requiring students to be vaccinated.

That bill forced private businesses to accept customers who have refused to get vaccinated.

Ivey signed that bill into law.

Two weeks ago, UAB’s leading infectious disease expert Dr. Jeanne Marrazzo warned that lagging vaccinations rates and rising COVID cases, mostly due to the Delta variant, could push Alabama back to government-mandated mitigation measures.

Ivey lashed out.

“No one asked for my input for this story, and the headline is misleading. So, I’ll respond here,” she or someone on her staff wrote on the governor’s Facebook page. “Alabama is OPEN for business. Vaccines are readily available, and I encourage folks to get one. The state of emergency and health orders have expired. We are moving forward.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2021 7:16 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2021 7:19 PM

Ivy, you in danger girl!

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2021 7:22 PM

Stupid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2021 7:24 PM

She finally realized it's Republicans voters who are most in danger of getting COVID and dying. Thus the turnaround.

Same goes for FOX News personalities who realized their viewers were the ones who were most at risk.

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2021 7:30 PM

I’m concerned.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2021 7:30 PM

I think that the AMA and hospital lobbies are pressuring the GOP to act. They aren't afraid of lawsuits and I don't think they are even really that afraid of a shrinking pool of voters. Pharmaceuticals, doctors and hospitals are huge contributors to the GOP. They must have finally gotten through to them that be that the costs of doing nothing are going to be huge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2021 7:36 PM

I will never forget predicting in April 2020 when it was reported that POC were dying at higher rates than whites that a change was coming. Literally within 3 days, OPEN EVERYTHING UP, IT’S A HOAX, IT’S NOT THAT BAD started.

Now, deplorables are the ones being killed off and like clockwork, GET VACCINATED, THIS IS SERIOUS, AHHHHHHHHH

I want to see the memo that caused these demons to change course so quickly. They have panic in their eyes.

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2021 7:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!