Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The death of the woman he loved was too much to bear. Could a mysterious website allow him to speak with her once more?

Eight years after his fiancee died of a rare liver disease at 23, Joshua Borbeau, still grieving, began texting with an artificial intelligence simulation of her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2021 7:52 PM

Wasn’t this a black mirror episode?

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2021 5:51 PM

Black Mirror is the comparison being made.

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2021 5:53 PM

This is so creeeeeeepy! I saw a tweet that said she wasn't really his fiancee, he just started saying she was after she died. He's stalking a DEAD WOMAN! Well, at least it's not a live women, but it is so unhealthy. You just know somebody is going to create an AI business creating AI replicas of dead people you can talk to forever. Then it will really be evil.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2021 6:07 PM

Black Mirror is slowly morphing into reality. Charlie Brooker either has a crystal ball or a time machine

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2021 6:07 PM

If it were theoretically possible to have replies earlier than R1, I'll bet R-1 would have also mentioned the show Black Mirror.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 6:09 PM

A.I. Jessica: Sorry, I have to go now--you're exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2021 6:11 PM

Really, R3? I would think the reporter would verify if they were in fact engaged.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2021 6:15 PM

[quote]Jason Fagone

How did the writer survive having this last name?

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2021 6:16 PM

I'm not sure what you're getting at, r5, but this exact scenario was in fact an episode on season 1 of Black Mirror.

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2021 6:36 PM

I'm a widower- what that dude is doing is NOT healthy.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2021 6:42 PM

That article made me feel weird and creepy and sad. His grief is really a sick obsession.

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2021 7:38 PM

I’m surprised nobody mentioned Black Mirror yet.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2021 7:42 PM

Go to grief counseling and get help, then find another woman who is alive. He is a young man with a future.

No to artificial bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2021 7:49 PM

[quote] to create an AI business creating AI replicas of dead people you can talk to forever. Then it will really be evil.

Just another way tech is enticing us to waste our time on this planet.

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2021 7:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!