Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

People who refuse to leave a message when you don't answer the phone

Fuck them. Fuck them right up the ass.

by Anonymousreply 45July 24, 2021 1:05 AM

They're getting back at you for not answering in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2021 5:24 PM

They don’t leave a message, they don’t get a callback. I assume it was not important.

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2021 5:24 PM

I find people who leave voicemails even more annoying. If I have seen you called, I will decide whether or not to return your call.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2021 5:25 PM

I don’t have time to leave a voicemail or listen to voicemail in 2021. We all have caller ID - we’ll see each other’s missed calls. Who still leaves messages?

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2021 5:30 PM

I ended a friendship because the bitch kept leaving voice-mail instead of texting or just hanging up. It's bad enough she was calling in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 5:32 PM

OP must be old.

It is now considered annoying to call, much less leave a message.

They know you called.

If they care about anything you have to say, they will text you. If not, take a fucking hint.

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2021 5:34 PM

No worse than people who answer the phone to tell you they can't talk and they'll have to call you back.

If you can't talk, DON'T ANSWER THE FUCKING PHONE.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2021 5:39 PM

People who text but then won't answer the phone are worse.

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2021 5:40 PM

fucking avoidant insecure millennials, fucking CAN'T STAND IT

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2021 5:43 PM

Why do we even call them phones anymore?

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2021 5:44 PM

OP nobody under the age of 40 leaves messages any more. If you want to know who called you, you look at your received calls.

If someone really needs to talk to you, they'll text.

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2021 5:47 PM

I definitely don’t want to talk on the phone. Just text me.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2021 5:53 PM

What’s the problem? Wouldn’t it be the caller who would know how urgent and important the call is? If it’s no big deal they’ll just try again later or reach you some other way.

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2021 5:56 PM

People who think there's no point to leaving or listening to messages are stupid. The purpose of calling is to communicate something, not just to let someone know you're trying to get in touch with them. You attain that object by stating what the call's about in a voicemail. Then the recipient can decide what to say or do when they call back. Some messages don't even need a response; the entire point is for the caller to impart some information to you. How is this a problem?

You're really too busy to listen to a 5-second message? That's pathetic. It ticks me off when I leave a message and the person calls me back just to ask what I wanted. Bitch, I already TOLD you what I wanted. And it avoids your annoying me with an unnecessary "Is everything OK?" or similar. Listen to the message I went to the trouble of leaving.

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2021 6:03 PM

Oh, I don't mind, I won't be listening to the messages anyway.

by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2021 6:08 PM

I'm always relieved when no message is left.

by Anonymousreply 16July 23, 2021 6:12 PM

I find that most of them are robocalls…if you don’t pick up the phone, they won’t leave a message.

by Anonymousreply 17July 23, 2021 6:16 PM

In most instances I don’t want to put the burden of having someone return a call. I will leave a message if it is important but I may not want to talk to that person when it is convenient for them to call me back, just as I wholly recognize it is not convenient for them to talk to me when I call.

I still have a landline that I use for many outgoing calls. It has a built-in answering machine that I turned off and keep the ringer off so if someone sees that I called, left no message, if they call back on that number it will just ring until they give up.

by Anonymousreply 18July 23, 2021 6:29 PM

Way to be passive-aggressive, r18!

Anyway, if someone doesn't reach me and wants to contact me, I much prefer they text me with their intent rather than leaving a VM message that I have to call and listen to. I can scan a text in a second or two; calling my messages and listening takes minutes. And the message is often hard to make out acoustically if the caller has background noise (or I do).

by Anonymousreply 19July 23, 2021 6:34 PM

Christ, I haven’t set up my voicemail in YEARS. If I see that you’ve called, I’ll call back. I wouldn’t listen to the messages anyway. And nope, not a Millennial nor Gen Z.

Also hate checking email — waste of time to filter through the spam. And that is the spam on my “good” account that I don’t use to sign up for anything.

The people I want to talk to know how to reach me. Everyone else can fuck off

by Anonymousreply 20July 23, 2021 6:46 PM

[quote]Who still leaves messages?

Businesses. Repair places are usually the only people who leave me messages these days, sometimes doctor's offices, but they mostly text or use their message center on their website.

by Anonymousreply 21July 23, 2021 6:48 PM

People who call you... fucking psychopaths. It's 2021, send a text. Or at least ask in a text if you are allowed to call me.

by Anonymousreply 22July 23, 2021 6:52 PM

People who refuse to leave a message when you don't answer the phone: Fuck them. Fuck them right up the ass.

OP, I encourage you to leave this as your outgoing message.

by Anonymousreply 23July 23, 2021 7:07 PM

Text me, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 24July 23, 2021 7:09 PM

I would never call back someone who didn't leave me a message but I saw that they called. It is very presumptive to do so. You call them back and say, "Hey, I saw you called me." and, if I were them, I would just answer, "Yes." Then what? You follow up with, "What did you want?" or "Why did you call?"? If I wanted you to know, I would have left a message.

by Anonymousreply 25July 23, 2021 7:13 PM

THEY ARE CUNTS

by Anonymousreply 26July 23, 2021 7:14 PM

I keep my ringer off most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 27July 23, 2021 7:29 PM

I have some friends who call and don't leave voice messages. I do call them back. I consider the missed call a "message." Maybe I should reevaluate, though. Sounds kind of doormat-y on my part.

I am not a Millennial, but I dislike listening to voice mails, especially if the caller is rattling off information like phone numbers (a different number than the one they're calling from).

I will call certain people. If they don't pick up, I will text a message: please call when you can, etc.

by Anonymousreply 28July 23, 2021 7:52 PM

The people in this thread are the very reason I stopped answering my phone in the first place. You all remind me of the people in my life that I hate most.

by Anonymousreply 29July 23, 2021 7:55 PM

"You all remind me of the people in my life that I hate most."

Which means... everyone, r29?

by Anonymousreply 30July 23, 2021 7:58 PM

I never call back an unknown missed number, and if someone in my contacts calls, whether I call or text back or ignore it depends on who it is. I never listen to messages, though -- too much time and trouble.

by Anonymousreply 31July 23, 2021 8:00 PM

R19 hits it on the head. I send a text rather than leave a message because I only have a handful of people I call in the first place, and you don't need a password to check your text. My friends will answer the phone if they are available, but I don't cold call and then leave them hanging as to why I called. If I had a lot of phone contacts, I would probably feel differently, but this system works for the few I do take calls from and vice versa. I find that system to be respectful, especially if we have plans and I want to set up a different time or place to meet.

by Anonymousreply 32July 23, 2021 8:06 PM

My work voicemail is 'hi, this is rescue-chick, in order to receive a timely response please email me at rescue-chick @ whereIwork dot org. thank you'

by Anonymousreply 33July 23, 2021 8:13 PM

People who still call, unless it's an emergency, are freaks.

by Anonymousreply 34July 23, 2021 8:19 PM

I prefer a Message in a Bottle

by Anonymousreply 35July 23, 2021 8:30 PM

[quote] My work voicemail is 'hi, this is rescue-chick, in order to receive a timely response please email me at rescue-chick @ whereIwork dot org. thank you'

I do something like that in my listing for my work contact info. I list my name, phone number, and email address. I also write: "e-mail is the best way to get a response."

by Anonymousreply 36July 23, 2021 8:32 PM

As far as I'm concerned if they don't leave a message then they weren't worth my time talking to.

by Anonymousreply 37July 23, 2021 8:33 PM

Who the hell leaves messages in 21st century?

by Anonymousreply 38July 23, 2021 8:34 PM

It sounds like a lot of you bitches are lucky that anyone wants to communicate with you via any medium.

by Anonymousreply 39July 23, 2021 8:42 PM

r38, I do. how fucking rude can you be to call, and then just hang up?

by Anonymousreply 40July 23, 2021 8:43 PM

R4 I hope you’re vegan. I’d like to force feed you a pound of raw hamburger. Bye now! 😈

by Anonymousreply 41July 23, 2021 9:00 PM

I get a lot of bs calls...from numbers I don't recognize, robo calls. I don't answer my phone for the most part. I hate that, even though there are no messages, my vms won't recognize that....when I retrieve messages, most have no message at all. It's a pita and waste of time. I go through a slew of non messages to clear out my vms. Thanks Verizon fios.

by Anonymousreply 42July 23, 2021 9:10 PM

OP—THEY KNOW YOUR PENCIL IS BROKEN and therefore can’t call them back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 23, 2021 9:17 PM

At least they aren't showing up at your door unannounced.

by Anonymousreply 44July 23, 2021 11:19 PM

What a weird thread. You all sound like you have no life and work experience.

by Anonymousreply 45July 24, 2021 1:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!