Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mayor DeBlasio wants to mandate workers being vaccinated in order to work

What if this becomes a thing? Good or bad?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 24, 2021 1:52 PM

Good.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2021 5:02 PM

Even DeBlasio can get something right.

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2021 5:05 PM

good idea

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2021 5:09 PM

awesome!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2021 5:10 PM

Against.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 5:11 PM

It’s good

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2021 5:28 PM

Being vaccinated should be mandated in order to do a lot of things as far as I am concerned.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2021 5:45 PM

This will blow up.

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2021 6:10 PM

I don’t think vaccines should be mandated but at this point, if you’re not getting the vaccine, that’s only you. We can’t keep everything shut down to coddle these people’s conspiracy theories.

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2021 6:12 PM

This is a terrible idea. Virus Lives Matter! Healthy bodies are needed to host the creeping death!

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2021 6:15 PM

I agree R9.

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2021 6:15 PM

[quote]Delta Variant, Fox News, Republicans, and blacks

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2021 6:16 PM

For once I agree with Mayor Moron.

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2021 6:16 PM

It's the only thing DeBlasio has done right in 8 years.

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2021 6:17 PM

This won't happen.

He'll stick with get vaccinated OR get tested frequently to work for now.

1. They have to wait until there's FULL FDA approval and not just emergency approval.

2. If someone dies because they were forced into being vaccinated, that's a lawsuit. Sure, they're safe for 99% of people. (That's not an exact figure.) But let's not act like one or two people haven't died because of them. In the scheme of things, that's not a lot but with a few lawsuits, that's a problem for any company/city/government.

by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2021 6:17 PM

It probably will not happen but the truth is we will never get this under control without mandatory vaccination. Obviously people who are going through chemo or those with very weakened immune systems should be excluded. But right now there are too many people digging in their heels out of pure selfishness.

by Anonymousreply 16July 23, 2021 6:26 PM

It sets a bad legal precedent. R15 is right. Increase availability for rapid testing for private businesses and help cover businesses whose employees need to take time off work. That way businesses can afford to pay their employees, employees don't have to assume any unnecessary risk, and we can develop a solid infrastructure for contact tracing. Everyone should be encouraged to seek advice from their doctor. My discussion with my doctor was the ONLY factor I considered when deciding to get vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 17July 23, 2021 6:28 PM

R9 The problem is this. There is a subset of the population that legitimately cannot be vaccinated due to allergies or immune issues. These unvaccinated individuals are putting them at risk so it's not just them. That being said I highly doubt mandatory vaccination will occur in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 18July 23, 2021 6:30 PM

Great

by Anonymousreply 19July 23, 2021 6:46 PM

OP, how many threads do you need to start about mandatory vaccinations?

You've started enough threads so just add to those. One of them can serve as an ongoing list and you can trollishly update at your own leisure.

by Anonymousreply 20July 23, 2021 7:01 PM

This should be mandatory

by Anonymousreply 21July 23, 2021 11:45 PM

St Louis city and St Louis County has area wide mask mandate returning / beginning Monday July 26 2021

by Anonymousreply 22July 23, 2021 11:54 PM

These mandates will only encourage people to NOT get the vaccines. You can’t force this. I’m fully vaxxed and love vaccines, and wear my mask everywhere still where people stare, and am against this completely.

by Anonymousreply 23July 24, 2021 1:50 AM

And shall it be done.

And for the people with sensitive allergies and compromised conditions they will need to provide full proof by a legitimate doctor/ their own doctor as a reason not to get it. These people will also be required to mask and take tests from time to time at least until we reach sufficient herd immunity.

Unpopular opinions be damed.

We have to arrest this problem head on in order to achieve some type of normalcy for the future.

by Anonymousreply 24July 24, 2021 2:15 AM

The blue states are trying to incite another civil war.

by Anonymousreply 25July 24, 2021 2:30 AM

Normalcy? Men and women transitioning at the rate they are ain’t a sign of normalcy.

by Anonymousreply 26July 24, 2021 2:33 AM

These totalitarian fuckwads are human garbage. Now that my company moved to a remote-first policy anyway, there's no real reason to live in the city anymore.

by Anonymousreply 27July 24, 2021 2:53 AM

I'm for it, but what would happen to the non compliant people? Would they get to collect unemployment?

by Anonymousreply 28July 24, 2021 3:56 AM

Unemployment upon showing a vacc certificate, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 29July 24, 2021 4:17 AM

Terrible ^.

by Anonymousreply 30July 24, 2021 1:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!