Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What are the benefits of being very tall or very short?

I'm on the taller side.

The other day I was at the store looking for Pine-Sol. The shelves were bare, but I looked up and saw two lonely bottles way up top, where no one else could reach them.

So I stood on my tip-toes, and snagged them. HA!

I was so happy. Fuck yeah!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 24, 2021 2:29 PM

I'm on the taller side for a female (5' 10"). Reaching for things on high shelves is a big plus. I get asked by little old ladies to reach for things at the store pretty often. The best though is being able to see over most people in a crowd. I can always maneuver into a space that gives me a good vantage point. Though I haven't been in a crowd for nearly a year and a half...

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2021 4:22 PM

Taller guys are perceived to be sexier just by the virtue of their height but they have the societal pressure of being hung.

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2021 4:36 PM

If you're really short, you don't have to kneel down to give a BJ.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2021 4:36 PM

Same here, R1.

Little old ladies are always asking me to grab something off the shelves for them!

It's so cute.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2021 4:37 PM

Short people use their brains not their brawn.

OP, while I am just average height, I do pull stock forward in stores when I am having to reach far back for it and shorter people could never reach. It is just a nice thing to do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 4:51 PM

I’ve literally seen short people climbing the supermarket shelves. I always offer to help and also am often asked by people to reach things.

My adult niece is 4’11”. My mom has a very large top loading washing machine. My niece had to hop up on her belly and go in head first to be able to get the clothes out. She can also fully stand under overhead compartments/racks on planes/trains so I guess that’s a benefit. Plenty of legroom too.

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2021 4:59 PM

Taller people tend to have knee pain in their old age, shorter people not as much.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2021 5:27 PM

Headers, lad. That’s all I’ve got to say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2021 5:29 PM

Being short, I can easily do gymnastics. Also, I build muscle easily. No chicken legs here.

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2021 5:29 PM

While generally I think being tall is GREAT, as the bones start to creak and joints ache the floor seems too far away. If something rolls under the couch, forget it.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2021 5:33 PM

If you’re a short man there are no benefits.

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2021 5:33 PM

Fuck those short midgets! Fuck em!

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2021 5:44 PM

R11 oh, I beg to differ, baby.

And ask the female population if you don’t believe me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2021 6:32 PM

Tall guy here. Same as the posters above, top-shelf stuff at the store. Also, being able to paint the ceiling, change lightbulbs, and scare small children just by standing up.

You want some disadvantages? They are many! R10 has it right with the aches and pains, and I have no idea what's on the bottom shelf in the grocery store. Also, airline seat legroom, people who don't trim their trees above the sidewalk, old houses with exposed beams on the ceiling, hotel beds too short, sofas that are comically low, yada yada.

This has been good therapy. Is my hour up now, Dr DataLounge?

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2021 8:51 PM

there is no benefit to being short and I'm female. I am one of those old ladies that dreads having to bother taller people by asking them to reach something for me. They always do it but I always feel that they are tired of people asking them which is why I dread it. I mistakenly said to one this week that they put everything so high that only giants can reach it. I didn't mean that the way it sounded but once those words escaped there was no putting them back.

by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2021 8:56 PM

Best fuck buddy I ever had was short. He could really leverage it when he was pounding me.

by Anonymousreply 16July 23, 2021 9:01 PM

Eeeew, R16.

Nobody wants a short top.

by Anonymousreply 17July 23, 2021 9:03 PM

R15. I'm 6'3" and I enjoy your kind of request. Most Talls do. Don't worry about it.

by Anonymousreply 18July 23, 2021 9:06 PM

I love short bottoms. Fireplugs. Especially Latino ones. Any of them on here?

by Anonymousreply 19July 23, 2021 9:13 PM

[quote]Nobody wants a short top.

Speak for yourself!

by Anonymousreply 20July 23, 2021 9:14 PM

FUCKOFFBILLTAYLOR!!!!!!

YOU'RENOTHINGBUTAFILTHYWHORE!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 21July 23, 2021 9:16 PM

I'm a serious shorty (just shy of five feet tall) and I can't say there's a lot of practical benefits. Maybe getting behind or under furniture, or standing on things to reach them.

I've dated a few very tall men (over 6'3) and I have two bear/chub friends who are close friends, and I think all of us have complained to each other about clothes LOL. There's a real median with clothes available on the rack, and when you talk about more trendy labels their available sizes are an even smaller range. I can buy jeans/pants online sometimes but almost never in stores.

But when short bottom me and a tall top guy get together....that size difference, wow. It can really push both our buttons. And my small size means I'm pretty agile and flexible. Ever wanted to have a guy fuck you while he's standing up, and holding your body off the ground while his dick is sliding in and out of you? Short guys get to do that : )

by Anonymousreply 22July 23, 2021 9:18 PM

Marry me, r22.

by Anonymousreply 23July 23, 2021 9:21 PM

R23 if you can deal with a lean ginger instead of a fireplug Latino, then I accept. LOL

by Anonymousreply 24July 23, 2021 9:24 PM

Oh, I love gingers (and Latinos, but that was already established). But I'm really into stocky guys. That's a deal breaker.

by Anonymousreply 25July 23, 2021 9:26 PM

I’m a guy who’s 5’4”, and can usually get items off the top shelf unless they’re far back, so R5 I love you.

by Anonymousreply 26July 23, 2021 9:44 PM

[quote] But I'm really into

Someone who isn't me, LOL.

Story of my life. Always get to hear those words.....sigh

by Anonymousreply 27July 23, 2021 10:31 PM

[Quote]I’m a guy who’s 5’4”, and can usually get items off the top shelf

Who do you think you're kidding?

by Anonymousreply 28July 23, 2021 11:19 PM

If you are a man, trust me you want a tall Doctor with long fingers. A short Doctor with short stubby fingers doing a prostate exam is not fun.

by Anonymousreply 29July 24, 2021 1:28 AM

R22/R24=Seth Green

by Anonymousreply 30July 24, 2021 10:52 AM

F/29, 5”6/7 (depending on whether my posture and mood is ideal that day). My mother is short and my father is tall, so I averaged out. I think of myself as average height, but I’ve had plenty of other people tell me that I’m tall and I’m like???? Some of the other women in my family are 5”9, and so were some of the girls I went to school with, what do you mean...

What’s weird is that I was on the shorter side of average as a little girl and young teen. Everyone else shot up around me, and I hovered for years at just over 5”. Thought I was going to end up a short-legged borderline dwarf like my 5” mother! Then late puberty finally kicked in at around 15 or 16, and I caught up. So I know and sympathise with the feeling of being the shortarse in the room, but I’m acc not short. I really like being with shorter people, because they’re cute to me and I feel protective of them (in the least condescending way possible).

Glad I’m not really tall, too. Tall women have a hard time of in our society.

by Anonymousreply 31July 24, 2021 11:01 AM

Most CEO's are tall. Male models, tall. Many public leaders, tall. It's been proven that tall men especially are perceived as more attractive, smarter and make better leaders. Of course the key word is perception. People just project those qualities onto someone just because of their genetics. The smart ones work it to their advantage even though it's not deserved. CEO's fall into that category quite a bit. Just because they "look important" they are often handed the job over someone vastly more qualified.

Everyone wants Tall, Dark and Handsome, not Short Fat and Bald.

by Anonymousreply 32July 24, 2021 11:38 AM

Wrong, R32.

by Anonymousreply 33July 24, 2021 2:21 PM

I'm a petite 5'3". I sit comfortably on a plane with plenty of room.. I wear size 14 boys Levi's which tend to be cheaper. When I was a broke college student it didn't cost much for me to eat.

Safety is an issue, a 6th grader could beat me up.

by Anonymousreply 34July 24, 2021 2:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!