Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BPD

Do you regularly diagnose strangers and acquaintances with BPD? Please comment here.

by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2021 3:42 AM

Misdiagnosed a lot. Therapists are quick to pathologize when they are usually the nutty ones.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2021 5:53 PM

Big Penis Distress? Is that really a thing?

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2021 5:57 PM

No. I recognize it in two people who are in my life. One I limit contact with out of self preservation. Another tries very hard but life is not easy. I guess it’s a lucky symptom to be able to blame all woes, hardships and disappointment on others failing you. Both are women. The first apparently has been “difficult” all her life but her mental illness became apparent in her teens. The other had no issues until her parents split up and she became reckless around 15. She is 30 something and I think she may be bi-polar as well as borderline. She seems to spiral out of control and come crashing down every five years or so. Very sad, really.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2021 6:03 PM

No, my go to diagnosis is usually that they are just a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2021 6:11 PM

Well this is disappointing. I was hoping to bait the BPD trolls so I could block them.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 10:41 PM

Several new threads a week.

What is the diagnosis for people who are obsessed with the psychology and creepy pathetic Internet culture and quack docs all centered on NPD, BPD, dark triad, etc etc etc?

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2021 1:36 AM

No.

But there’s a feeling I recognize when someone is “trouble”. When I find them fascinating and want to learn more about them so I can figure it out, I know it’s time to pull back and set boundaries. Ditto when I feel sorry for someone and want to help them. I can’t always tell, based on their behavior, but I can always tell by MY behavior.

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2021 2:52 AM

No. But there is a first time for everything. Seeing as how you are insufferable and obsessed with this stupid shit I will guess OP has it.

by Anonymousreply 8August 11, 2021 2:58 AM

No. Some people think “This person is rude and selfish therefore they must be Borderline/sociopath/NPD” which is just dumb.

My grandmother was diagnosed with BPD and she was actually fired as a patient from several psychiatrists.

by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2021 3:17 AM

"Yes!" "No." "Yes, I do!" "No, I do not." "Help me!" "I think it's Friday." "Who are you?" "I love you, but don't come near me you crazy schizophrenic bastard!!"

by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2021 3:24 AM

I've known a couple real ones.

One was introduced to me by a mutual friend (who was trying to pawn off the BPD onto me). We hung out a few times. I house sat for him when he went to see his sister out of state who was dying of cancer. I was surprised when he came home early. I was more surprised when he made some really awful comments about his sister being a selfish cunt and how his BIL drove him to the airport and dropped him off without making travel arrangements.

Within a couple more weeks my new friend was dropping by my apartment at all hours of the day and night, often despairing over something or other, quite emotional, then suicidal. The visits began happening in the middle of the night and now included threats against me. I told him to stay away, but he kept coming back, now to my workplace. He was immediately ordered off the property but he didn't listen to anybody. One afternoon he had a screaming crying meltdown in the lobby of my workplace.

A couple weeks and a few more suicide visits later, I began calling the police, who took him to the ER a couple times. During one of these episodes he assaulted an officer, and he was involuntarily committed for six weeks when/where he got his BPD diagnosis. l filed a restraining order and found out I was one of about a dozen people who'd already done this. The psychiatrist at the hospital called me and told me that she recommended I have no further contact with him, which I was just fine with. He continued to telephone and email me for over a year after he was released from the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2021 3:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!