Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Annette Bening to star as Diana Nyad.

Annette Bening will be playing marathon swimmer Diana Nyad in the movie version of her fifth attempt to do a 180 km swim from Cuba to Florida in 2013.

The directors of the successful Oscar-winning doco Free Solo will be at the helm. The producers were behind Oscar BP nominees and box-office hits American Sniper and The Imitation Game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 9, 2023 4:04 PM

Who asked for this?

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2021 12:38 PM

Poor Nettie, still desperate and chasing that elusive Oscar. Doesn't her old husband have an extra statuette she could pleasure herself with?

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2021 2:04 PM

Based on OP's pic, she should star as Elizabeth Warren.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2021 2:51 PM

Will there be a steamy scissoring scene?

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2021 4:37 PM

Meryl was attached to this year's ago

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 5:20 PM

This movie appears to be moving forward!

Two-time Academy Award and recent Globe winner Jodie Foster has joined the cast. She'll play Nyad's coach and friend Bonnie Stoll.

This movie just got 100% more lesbian. Woo-hoo! Go ANNETTE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 22, 2022 11:24 AM

Drink every time someone says "shark infested waters".

by Anonymousreply 7January 22, 2022 11:28 AM

sounds dull and grueling, like the swim

by Anonymousreply 8January 22, 2022 11:31 AM

Apparently, Diane Nyad is a huge liar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 25, 2022 1:03 AM

Textbook caneface at R6.

by Anonymousreply 10April 25, 2022 1:07 AM

Yay! Another Biopic. How the hell does Hollywood come up with such a brilliant idea again and again? It just baffles me.

by Anonymousreply 11April 25, 2022 1:08 AM

I’ve seen her on stage for years, from Coastal Disturbances to All My Sons. My favorite movie role of hers is in The Grifters.

by Anonymousreply 12April 25, 2022 1:54 AM

Let me see if I have the screenplay written in my mind.

Woman tries to swim from one place to another that nobody cares about.

Woman keeps having to quit the swim.

Woman finally does one of the swims that no one cares about, thereby becoming a hero to nobody but herself.

by Anonymousreply 13September 9, 2023 4:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!