Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bitch Alabama Governor Kay Ivey says something right for once: “Time to blame the unvaccinated people.”

“Shame! Shame! Shame! Shame!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 24, 2021 3:40 PM

You better be careful out there in Bama. They will turn on you.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2021 12:07 PM

Had not seen her before. She looks and sounds a little like a trans but makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2021 12:10 PM

Too little, too late, Kay. How about blaming your own damn party and propaganda machines for promoting denialist bullshit for a year and a half now?

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2021 12:12 PM

No, governor. This is the Republican Party's collective fault. From the onset, Republicans have not only politicized COVID, they've tried to deny its existence, told bold face lies about it (it's nothing but the flu, the heat of the summer of 2020 will make it all go away). You and other Republicans planted the seed of doubt into your simpleton citizens not only about COVID, but the vaccine.

So now, bitch, own it and take responsibility for it.

And for the rest of us, ,never let the Republican Party forget who was responsible for dragging this out and making it worse than it needed to be.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2021 12:12 PM

Too wittle, too wate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 12:13 PM

Good...let this become a tend. Let the Rethugs shove it to their base.

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2021 12:15 PM

She should do something about education in Alabama. She’s basically admitting that her state is populated with incredibly stupid and uninformed people.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2021 12:15 PM

Not stupid and not uninformed people, R7. Just your typical know-it-all, in-your-face, God-loving, flag-waving "patriots" who think they're smarter than everybody else because they claim to have the magic sky fairy on their side.

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2021 12:18 PM

[qiote] "I’ve done all I know how to do."

To hell with these GOP governors. They've done everything they could to downplay the seriousness of COVID-19. They, in fact, have discouraged people from getting vaccinated. And, now, they're throwing these people overboard. Little surprise here.

Tje GOP now represents the very worst in American characteristics...selfishness, callous disregard for others, and an "I alone can fix this" attitude that soon gives way to throwing in the towel. The racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile in Palm Beach and Bedminster is a reflection of them. He didn't produce them. They made it possible for him to emerge.

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2021 12:25 PM

The college-educated young people I work with (operations office of investment bank) aren't interested in getting the vaccine. I asked one of them about it yesterday, decent kid, hardworking, still wears a mask, why he wasn't interested in getting the vaccine, and he says that he's not getting it explicitly because there is so much pressure from the government and media to get the vaccine. I think there's something very wrong with the generation - younger millennials and zoomers (I'm a geriatric millennial) in which this kind of contrarian attitude is some for of bizarre kind of antiestablishment protest. I mean back in my day we protested George W Bush and the war in Iraq, but this generation of young people thinks that a needle pick is too big a sacrifice to make.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2021 12:26 PM

There's something very wrong with your idiot co-worker, if he exists, r10. That doesn't mean an entire generation is broken.

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2021 12:35 PM

I disagree, it is a generational thing. Look at how many of them didn't bother voting in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2021 12:45 PM

I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2021 12:50 PM

Many universities are requiring vaccinations for registration and enrollment, so many young people will have to get it, whether they want to or not.

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2021 12:51 PM

I appears that it has finally dawned on conservative leaders that killing off their voting population isn't a smart move, let alone sticking them with hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt if they get hospitalized for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2021 12:54 PM

Dead silence from the dolt GOP governor next door in Mississippi.

by Anonymousreply 16July 23, 2021 1:03 PM

R10 and R12, first of all that was 2016 not 2020. And you’re offering anecdotal evidence. From my perspective, millennials and younger are absolutely getting vaccinated. My nieces who are part of that generation have all been vaccinated, as have their friends.

Btw, this is also anecdotal. The only thing that counts is actual data.

by Anonymousreply 17July 23, 2021 1:09 PM

They're too busy trying to get Roe vs. Wade overturned, R16.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 23, 2021 1:10 PM

[quote] Just your typical know-it-all, in-your-face, God-loving, flag-waving "patriots"

To be clear, it’s the Confederate flag they’re waving.

by Anonymousreply 19July 23, 2021 1:14 PM

[quote]And you’re offering anecdotal evidence. From my perspective, millennials and younger are absolutely getting vaccinated.

R17 - While I'm not R10 or R12, check out "What percentage of people in each age range received the COVID-19 vaccine?" at the link below.

The lower the age, the lower the percentage of people being fully vaccinated or getting at least one shot.

That would also explain why the average age of people requiring hospitalization is trending younger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 23, 2021 1:19 PM

Thanks r20. Anecdotal evidence can be very misleading. Data is the only thing that counts.

by Anonymousreply 21July 23, 2021 1:27 PM

What a ridiculous thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 22July 23, 2021 1:55 PM

Um after she was asked if a leader should resign who used the n-word and she said "that's between him and his constituents" so yeah.

by Anonymousreply 23July 23, 2021 2:06 PM

R22 yes, we should blame the vaccinated people. 🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 24July 23, 2021 2:09 PM

[quote]There's something very wrong with your idiot co-worker, if he exists, [R10]. That doesn't mean an entire generation is broken.

Millennials have worse physical and mental health for their age than any previous generation. Much of it due to entirely preventable conditions like obesity and Type II diabetes. Mental illness and “autoimmune diseases” are rampant. And anti-vaxxers are also prevalent among this generation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 23, 2021 2:10 PM

R25 - true. I haven't seen such a thing in my life. Stuff I only started to even be aware of at 43, my Gen Z colleagues already have had. Spondylosis, acid reflux, etc. Is it the crap in the pollution?

by Anonymousreply 26July 23, 2021 2:14 PM

Wait - there has to be reel tapes and other interviews where she was anti-vax.

All of these Republicans are now turning around ALL AT ONCE - and acting like they full supported the vaccine rollout.

And nobody calls them out on their hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 27July 23, 2021 2:15 PM

[quote] My nieces who are part of that generation have all been vaccinated, as have their friends.Btw, this is also anecdotal. The only thing that counts is actual data.

I agree it’s an overly broad generalization to say that younger people aren’t getting vaccinated. In my city the age groups with the highest vaccination. Rates (90%+ with at least one dose) are those 18-29. Actual data.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 23, 2021 2:33 PM

Young people have long thought they were immortal and have almost always tried to distinguish themselves from their seniors.

Covid first killed the elderly. Then vaccines were rolled out on a message of “we must save our truly vulnerable population (nursing home residents, then those over 75, then those over 65, etc.) Those with strong immune systems can wait.”

So millennials and their younger siblings waited, and waited, and mostly didn’t get sick.

I suspect a lot of them view [italic] NOT [/italic] taking the vaccine as yet another Rebel Without A Cause point of difference between themselves and their (“elderly”) parents.

by Anonymousreply 29July 23, 2021 2:41 PM

Governor Memaw should threaten to do her next press conference nude unless every Alabaman gets their ass to the vaccination clinic NOW

by Anonymousreply 30July 23, 2021 2:44 PM

It's an open secret in Alabama that she's a lesbian (she's denied it, of course).

by Anonymousreply 31July 23, 2021 2:54 PM

Why do I think that if it were black people endangering themselves, she'd figure out a way for the state to enforce things? She (and every other Republican) only gives a shit about rights for white conservative people.

by Anonymousreply 32July 23, 2021 3:06 PM

[“start blaming the unvaccinated folks”]

We have been.

by Anonymousreply 33July 23, 2021 3:09 PM

There's no correlation between young people who voted and who got the vaccine, r12. Young people stopped turning out to vote in the 1970s, starting with the Boomers. If Gen Z and young Millennials aren't voting, well, neither did you Gen X or Boomers. It's not a "generational thing."

As for young people not getting vaccinated, studies show about 25% say they won't.

In contrast, 30% of Republicans say they won't get vaccinated. They're a bigger problem than the 18-25 age group.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 23, 2021 3:09 PM

R32 - this may be true but those are also her voters. Not to mention that she does give a shit about being sued. That si why I think the Rethugs are doing a 180 on vaccination promotion all of a sudden. Ooooppps.

by Anonymousreply 35July 23, 2021 3:17 PM

A.) The reporter from Channel 12 is cute and buff. But laughing with her for her statement isn't exactly objective journalism.

B.) I love "regular folks" to describe those who are sane and have been vaccinations.

C.) AL.com is a surprisingly intelligent news source.

D.) The 180 on this issue is astounding -- the politicians from those states (who have probably been vaccinated by a large margin) know that AL, AR, MS, LA, MO, & OK are going to be seen in a very short time as responsible for a possible tsunami of cases. It's the hospital scenes they are most afraid of. The optics scare the hell out of them.

by Anonymousreply 36July 23, 2021 3:26 PM

B) . . . been vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 37July 23, 2021 3:27 PM

I think the best way for the Republican base to pay their traitorous representatives back, for turning on them in regard to COVID and vaccination is to not vote anymore. That will show them! If they don't have YOUR back in this fight against VACCINE OPPRESSION during this Fauci and China created PLANDEMIC, then don't have their back at the polls!

by Anonymousreply 38July 23, 2021 3:33 PM

The Republican base is going to vote out these leaders who have now become pro-vaccine. The Deplorables want Qanon pro-conspiracy types like MTG.

by Anonymousreply 39July 23, 2021 3:50 PM

The intergenerational strife trolls are beyond tiresome. The "those darn Millienials!!" posts read like something you would have seen in Readers Digest in 1982.

by Anonymousreply 40July 23, 2021 6:42 PM

They really are, r40, and I’m not a millennial.

by Anonymousreply 41July 23, 2021 6:45 PM

These assholes are probably getting screaming, frantic phone calls from hospitals asking for help finding respirators, respiratory therapist and more nurses.

The hospitals are overwhelmed with stupid people who are dying. It won't be long until the refrigerated semis are in every hospital parking lot because the morgues are full.

As r36 said, it's the optics they're afraid of. These fools can live in their Fux noise bubble but driving to a hospital and seeing a refrigerated truck being loaded with bodies is something that is hard to ignore.

by Anonymousreply 42July 23, 2021 11:24 PM

The corpses could be stacked like cords of wood, R42, and these mother fucking "sanctity of life" bullshitting Republicans wouldn't give a rat's ass about it. As long as they're not in the funeral pyre, and they get to continue to own the libs, they're "winning."

They're like Hitler in the bunker on April 25, 1945: the big breakthrough will come any day now and they'll win the culture wars.

by Anonymousreply 43July 23, 2021 11:32 PM

What a progressive state! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 44July 24, 2021 8:59 AM

I’m not anti vax but vaccinated people spread the virus just as much..

by Anonymousreply 45July 24, 2021 9:07 AM

R45, sure you’re not. We know because you started your post “I’m not anti vax.”

by Anonymousreply 46July 24, 2021 2:41 PM

Frankly, I don't care what the Governor's reasons are for urging more people to be vaccinated. We should all want to have as many people here get the shot.

Whatever she thought before is in the past. Now, she is pushing for the vaccine.

Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 47July 24, 2021 3:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!