Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kids with Covid

Terrifying. And heartbreaking. The helpless and innocent suffer the most. I hope Marjorie Taylor Greene coughs up a lung before this is over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2021 7:58 PM

The virus will mutate enough that it's next target will be the children, thanks to the anti-vaxxers, MTG and the GQP.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2021 7:45 AM

R1 - and when it does, and even now, these people should be held legally responsible for the suffering they brought onto innocent children, including those who lost a parent to COVID. They should be classified as criminals who hurt children and identified as such...no different than predators. Essentially, in their bid for power over their idiot base, they are hurting kids. Time to photo identify them as the monsters they are.

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2021 8:11 AM

The "Pandemic of the Unvaccinated" will be the Slaughter of the Innocents 2.0. Just wait.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2021 3:14 PM

R3 - they will go down in history that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2021 3:15 PM

I was going to post something snarky, until I watched the video. Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 3:19 PM

They need to hurry up and get these vaccines ready for kids under 12.

(CNN) A family in Georgia is mourning after a 5-year-old boy -- described as someone who had "nothing but pure love" -- died just days after being diagnosed with Covid-19.

Wyatt Gibson suffered a stroke and died on July 16 in a Chattanooga, Tennessee, hospital where he'd been intubated because he was having trouble breathing and his oxygen levels were low, his godmother Amanda Summey told CNN.

He was a healthy child, and his parents thought he had just had mild food poisoning or a stomach bug when first got sick, according to a statement written by the family.

The family said they noticed that Wyatt's tongue was white on July 12, and rushed him to their local emergency room where he was diagnosed with strep, staph and Covid-19.

"There are no words," Wyatt's mom Alexis Gibson wrote on Facebook. "Wyatt was nothing but pure love and the perfect overload of happiness. We see you everywhere we look Bitty Wy and I still feel you holding my hand."

The post included a video of Wyatt spinning around outside in a big pair of cowboy boots, strumming his guitar and singing a made-up song about things he loved.

"I have lost my best friend," Wes Gibson, Wyatt's dad, wrote on Facebook

"We loved having fun and going on adventures together. He loved his momma and his sister so very much, and he was always looking for ways to help," he wrote, adding that Wyatt liked to wave at people in grocery stores because he knew it would make their day.

Wyatt's dad and 8-month-old sister, Alyssa, also tested positive for Covid-19, along with his maternal grandmother, who was at the house, according to Summey.

Summey said she took care of Alyssa on Friday, and is now in quarantine. She's tested negative for Covid-19 and has no symptoms.

Wyatt was too young to get the shot, which is only approved for children over the age of 12.

Summey said she doesn't know if other members of the Gibson family were vaccinated.

Only about 38% of Georgia residents are fully vaccinated, according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Georgia has reported 1,153,064 confirmed Covid-19 cases and 21,593 deaths -- including 120 in Gordon County, where the Gibson family lives.

Deaths and hospitalizations of children remain rare -- the Georgia Department of Public Health reports 11 deaths of children under 18.

The number of pediatric Covid-19 cases is climbing, which has health officials concerned as kids around the United States prepare to go back to school in the next few weeks.

The American Academy of Pediatrics said that 23,500 child cases were reported between July 8 and 15, representing 15.9% of the week's reported cases.

Wyatt's family is in quarantine as they struggle to make sense of their loss, Summey said.

"I wasn't supposed to be able to have children, so Wyatt, he was my boy before I could have a boy," Summey said. "That's why I'm the godmomma."

She described Wyatt as her 3-year-old son's best friend, and "the most loving, joyous kid," who thought everything was fun.

He'd even respond with an excited "Yay!" when it was time to go grocery shopping, Summey said.

"He was so helpful and just the best big brother," she said. "He wanted to do whatever he could to help."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2021 3:39 PM

R6 I'm betting that neither of the parents were vaccinated. The dad tested positive.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2021 4:14 PM

At this point, parents who have not been vaccinated are endangering their kids.

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2021 4:14 PM

How do I sue Pfizer for this?

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2021 4:30 PM

Surely they're dreaming up new conspiracy theories to cover this so that they won't risk endangering their egos by admitting they were wrong.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2021 4:32 PM

Can someone put a bullet in MTG's head? She is a vile piece of human flesh.

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2021 5:07 PM

I'm interested to know if the 8-month-old baby girl in the article at R6 survives. I'm hoping she does because losing two babies so close together is a brutal blow for any parents to bear. But if the little girl eventually requires intubation, then her chance of survival is grim.

I agree with R7 that the parents likely didn't get vaccinated. Their lives are in danger as well. So much misery for refusing such a simply procedure.

The argument now is that vaccine holdouts (as distinct from outside anti-vaxxers) are "going by available information." The obvious problem is that they're focusing on occasional anecdotal reports and conspiracy theories rather than focusing on the mountain of scientific evidence.

I greatly fear the next significant mutation.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2021 5:31 PM

The Gibson family from R6, unfortunately, a picture says a thousand words.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2021 6:48 PM

I don't know if this is the same family but everyone in the family was vaccinated except the children. The father chose to have a relative stay over who was not vaccinated. The relative stated he had tested negative but a couple of days later, he got sick. He was later found to have Covid. The family got mild symptoms except for the 5 year old who died of Covid.

How does that man live with himself, knowing he's responsible for that child's death?

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2021 7:49 PM

There's only one cure for psychopathy, and I hope it's administered to MTG before she can do any more damage.

by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2021 7:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!