Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did you ever attend a TV taping where something unexpected happened?

Years back, I went to a taping of Judge Judy. It was a case where a very "sweet" old lady was suing a man she claimed pushed her and caused multiple injuries. The defendant said he never touched her, the plaintiff was aggressive and upset for him simply walking on the sidewalk. JJ trotted out all her famous expressions and noted that this lady isn't lying. She called the defendant a thug an a disgrace. Lo and behold, he produced a video tape of the incident. JJ said very hesitantly that she would view it. This was in the days before video surveillance was widespread. It clearly caught the production crew off guard because they had to hustle to get the video equipment onto the set. The tape starts and this sweet old lady turns out to be a foul mouthed racist who didn't want the guy walking in front of her house because he was black. He turned around and bent over as the sweet old lady tried to take a swing at him with her cane. She missed and fell on the ground and began screaming that he pushed her. The audience almost booed and JJ looked genuinely upset and also embarrassed. However, she did not retract all the nastiness she directed towards the defendant, nor did she go after the nice old lady, although I remember her saying something like "you need professional help". It was extremely unsatisfying and the all of us left the taping saying what a sour experience it was. The episode never aired and shortly after, JJ went to having only professional audiences. I wonder how many other episodes like this are in the vaults, never to be seen.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 5:06 AM

I saw The Golden Girls tape live as a kid. It was the episode that often pops up (they used a clip last week in that CNN special) where Blanche and Rose meet at the supermarket. Blanche is putting up a notice for rooms to rent while Betty had a cat for some reason I forget. (looking for a home for it?)

Anyway the cat started freaking out and clawing Betty's clothes. It was quickly replaced with another one.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2021 4:50 AM

This video of JJ when an earthquake hits. She’s like, fuck y’all I’m outta here! lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2021 4:53 AM

No, never.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2021 4:54 AM

Boy Judge Judy is so self-involved. I thought the taught performers (singers, the theater) to not run off the stage like that. It causes a panic in the audience.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2021 4:59 AM

tl;dr

Get a blog, OP. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 5:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!