Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Lorelei" - Cocteau Twins

Best dreampop song ever

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 28, 2021 5:02 PM

likes dreambops.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2021 4:20 AM

They also released "Song to the Siren" under the name This Mortal Coil around the same time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2021 4:20 AM

Good follow-up song

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2021 4:31 AM

Lead singer Elizabeth Fraser with Massive Attack - "Teardrop"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 28, 2021 2:31 AM

Delish! In the '80s, I had nearly the entire 4AD catalog, on vinyl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 28, 2021 2:34 AM

Yess love her. Her voice is a solo heavenly choir. I had no idea she dated Jeff Buckley and made music with him. According to some she was pissed that this song was released because it was an unfinished, very intimate song that they made just before he died, but I'm glad it was released (sorry Elizabeth). It's too beautiful to be hidden from the world forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 28, 2021 2:38 AM

Well, this one too...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 28, 2021 2:41 AM

Interesting backstory

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 28, 2021 2:48 AM

I like Sinead O’Connor’s “song to the siren.” Good trippy song for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 28, 2021 3:00 AM

LOVE the Cocteau Twins!!!

I think this is the perfect distillation of their sound

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 28, 2021 3:27 AM

Liz Fraser, Harriet Wheeler and Tracey Thorn are the three absolute goddesses of this kind of dream pop.

by Anonymousreply 11July 28, 2021 3:29 AM

Emily Gilmore has said that her daughter Lorelai was conceived after a Cocteau Twins concert at the Hollywood Bowl, she named her daughter after the song.

by Anonymousreply 12July 28, 2021 3:40 AM

R12 sit down, honey.

by Anonymousreply 13July 28, 2021 1:15 PM

I assumed the gothish creator of Gilmore Girls got the name from the song

by Anonymousreply 14July 28, 2021 5:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!