Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Thomas Markle says he will take his daughter to court so he can see his grandchildren

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 27, 2021 10:02 AM

Do grandparents even have legal rights to see grandchildren? I'm not sure they do. It seems to me there is very little to this case, except for enabling him to point publicly to what a pair of assholes these two are.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2021 4:03 AM

Zero legal rights.

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2021 4:06 AM

Under the rules of grand-parental visitation rights in California the grandparent must have an existing relationship with the grandchild. It is generally only ever granted in cases which the parents are divorced and the custodial parent is not the child of the grandparents.

Marble has no case and, by bringing a frivolous suit, could be held liable for the Sussexs’ attorney’s fees.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2021 4:06 AM

LOL...this thread didn't go the way OP wanted.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2021 4:18 AM

R3 ". . .by bringing a frivolous suit, could be held liable for the Sussexs’ attorney’s fees." That's the rule in England, not California. .

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 4:19 AM

r1 r2 No legal right at all? I am surprised to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2021 4:27 AM

I've always been suspicious of so-called "grandparent's rights". What if the grandparents are involved in a cult which is antithetical to the parents' own wishes? The USA certainly seems a testing ground for the subject. I don't have the legal knowledge to argue any point of view. I think the way MM has treated her father is disgraceful, but I still feel that it's her right to end her relationship with her father. And I would extend that to his "rights" as grandfather, as well.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2021 4:58 AM

r7 such a sad state of affairs.

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2021 5:13 AM

R5, in California family court the winning side may very well ask for their attorney’s fees to be covered by the loser. They don’t always get it, but they often do particularly in cases where the complaint has been filed with no basis in the law.

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2021 5:34 AM

Anyone who thinks she's treated him disgracefully has never had to deal with a toxic, narcissistic parent. I couldn't care less about Meghan Markle, but everything I've (unfortunately) ever seen about her dirtbag father and sister make it clear any sane person would want nothing to do with them.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2021 5:38 AM

He has other grandchildren he has never met or barely seen; he could see them.

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2021 6:23 AM

Mmmm I have heard he was a pretty much a doting parent who did a hell of a lot for her as she was growing up and she has described herself as a “Daddy’s girl”.

Regardless she has treated her father shamefully . But then that may not be “her truth”.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2021 6:32 AM

Poor OP and its fecal link to the Daily Fail.

Poor poor SkivingShameful.

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2021 6:38 AM

r12 It's shocking how she turned on him.

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2021 6:41 AM

He made a lot of sacrifices for her, one of which, a big lottery win, could have funded his retirement a lot better than he is currently living. Those sacrifices, including private school and debt-free private university, launched MM to where she could get opportunities leading to her current status. "Toxic" or not, she could reciprocate some of that support now that he is old, alone and sick.

Harry, if people show you who they really are - believe them.

by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2021 6:42 AM

Why surprised, r6? If the parents are both adults, they have the right, nay, the lawful duty to raise their own child.

The grandparents neither sired nor bore the child. The child is not theirs.

Pretty straightforward.

by Anonymousreply 16July 23, 2021 7:01 AM

R15, And presumably of his own free will.

by Anonymousreply 17July 23, 2021 7:02 AM

She was writing her dad gushing posts on her blog after she met Harry but before the relationship became public. He was her sole parent in her teen years and they appeared to be close. She then never introduced her royal boyfriend to her father before the wedding.

I think he did a lot of things wrong and pretty much nothing he's done since his helping his case including this and he seems to want the occasional attention. Threatening to take your daughter to court never ends well.

That said the fact that the grandparent Harry and Meghan get along with best is the dead one doesn't say good things about them either.

by Anonymousreply 18July 23, 2021 7:02 AM

She ghosted him like most people in her past. Harry your time is coming...

by Anonymousreply 19July 23, 2021 7:05 AM

r16 I'm in the UK and I think there are some although not full legal rights for grandparents. That's why I am surprised.

by Anonymousreply 20July 23, 2021 7:07 AM

Megs learned grifting from her Mum and righteous victimhood from her Dad. Traits she will pass on to Archie and Lilibet. One fucked-up generation spawning another.

by Anonymousreply 21July 23, 2021 7:11 AM

Moreover, r6, what would constitute the grandparents case?

"But, Your Honor, I just wanted to give the baby a wee bonnet I knitted!"

"But, Sir, I know the best way to treat colic. It's a family recipe!"

"You don't know, but my son's lazy wife uses disposable diapers!"

"Your Honor, it simply isn't right or humane! My clients' DNA is in that child, and they are very sad that they are denied contact with him as their major legacy and link to eternity. They wish their grandchild to know and have memories of them."

Now, admittedly, that last one tugs at the heart-strings, but the emotional argument here is not sufficient to chip away at parental rights.

by Anonymousreply 22July 23, 2021 7:17 AM

Grandparents Rights in the UK.

There's a lot of twaddle here. The key and operative statement is the one beginning with "No,....."

Thomas Markle nor the Sussexes, though, are in the UK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 23, 2021 7:25 AM

The article says he's filing in California.

Which means he has no chance.

by Anonymousreply 24July 23, 2021 7:28 AM

Hahaha. Not going to happen. Just blowing smoke up his arse. Besides, if that cunt won't allow the Queen of the United Kingdom see her grandchildren, what makes him think he'll be able to??

by Anonymousreply 25July 23, 2021 7:32 AM

It was an interview done on Fox news and pushed in the daily mail. It's pretty obvious who is really pushing this.

by Anonymousreply 26July 23, 2021 7:34 AM

This fat fucker was paid by the Daily Fail to do this. He is disgusting.

And yes, the courts have ruled against grandparents. They do not have any rights to see their grandchildren.

by Anonymousreply 27July 23, 2021 7:35 AM

Whatever keeps the plot moving....

by Anonymousreply 28July 23, 2021 7:36 AM

Here's a quick run down of GP rights in Calif.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 23, 2021 8:19 AM

All that money he's earned off the back of his daughter and he can't afford a therapy session with someone who can explain to him what coercive control is.

SAD!

by Anonymousreply 30July 23, 2021 8:36 AM

Surviving Demon's favourite word is 'shocking' - typical of an elderly frau.

by Anonymousreply 31July 23, 2021 9:33 AM

I have no idea what Meghan Markle's upbringing was like. But it's very painful to see your father be kind and loving to your child when they were a cruel, abusive deadbeat to you. My father was a complete asshole growing up and now he's the complete opposite with my sister's kid. It's like they want all the love and fun, without any of the responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 32July 23, 2021 10:30 AM

[quote] ] It's shocking what a bigot I am.

FTFY, SkivingShameful.

by Anonymousreply 33July 23, 2021 1:10 PM

All of the markers are grifters. Megs is proof you don’t have to be white to be white trash.

by Anonymousreply 34July 23, 2021 2:07 PM

If he does, cue Meghan's accusations of recovered memory of sexual abuse in 3,2,1 . . .

by Anonymousreply 35July 23, 2021 2:27 PM

Nothing I have heard about Thomas Markle suggests he was a bastard . He was incredibly supportive.

When they were engaged someone should have gone directly to him from the Palace or M or H and explained how it all worked.

It doesn’t say very much about them that they both threw their families under the bus. You do these crappy things in your 20s. You just don’t do what they have done.

by Anonymousreply 36July 23, 2021 2:35 PM

He’s an asshole but so are they.

by Anonymousreply 37July 23, 2021 2:42 PM

Well, I think Meg and Harry are total assholes, but Thomas Markle has no claim to the children.

Funny that they never say a word against him but will have no contact. They rail against the monarchy but keep holding their children up to the glass, hoping they’ll be part of it.

by Anonymousreply 38July 23, 2021 2:47 PM

I'm sure he knows he doesn't have a legal claim to the grandkids.

He's reminding everyone how she treats people. I wonder who's put him up to it?

She likes to fuck with other people's family. Glad to see her own family fucking with her.

by Anonymousreply 39July 23, 2021 2:58 PM

These people are disgraceful. All of them. I’ll never understand why some people thrive on drama.

by Anonymousreply 40July 23, 2021 3:13 PM

[quote]Glad to see her own family fucking with her.

That's what motivates all of you nuts, I've noticed, the idea that families are screwing each other over with lies and drama, and the things you Markle haters love the most are things the rest of us would call abuse. I can't even imagine how messed up your own family life is.

by Anonymousreply 41July 23, 2021 3:18 PM

They let one American into the Firm and it's drama drama drama. I swear, you just can't take Americans anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 42July 23, 2021 3:33 PM

Markle haters love the most are things the rest of us would call abuse R41

Abuse ? You mean lecturing us on Climate Change while taking private jets?

Saying they are victims that needed freedom away from press intrusion. Because everyone knows that running to LA is the place to go if you want to be away from the Press.

You have trauma with your family ,you write one book or so an interview ,but normal people get help. You don’t blackmail your family forever and tell “your truth” to the whole world, saying you loath everything about your background, but milking it for all it’s worth.

by Anonymousreply 43July 24, 2021 1:00 AM

r41 Meghan is an abuser herself some would say. Her preaching is projection.

by Anonymousreply 44July 24, 2021 1:05 AM

MM is keeping her dad employed and giving him a lot more than his 15 minutes of fame.

This is press-generated drama to keep the brand alive and all three parties benefit.

by Anonymousreply 45July 24, 2021 1:28 AM

Earl Spencer didn't bother going to his daughter's wedding. Apparently they are estranged. Shit happens.

by Anonymousreply 46July 26, 2021 9:56 PM

This guy totally wants to bone his daughter.

by Anonymousreply 47July 26, 2021 9:58 PM

Wow this guy needs to get her a job or some serious psychiatric help. He doesn’t have these rights. And I believe it’s well documented he was a lousy father. I’m not sure she would want her children near him

by Anonymousreply 48July 26, 2021 10:02 PM

In some jurisdictions in the US, grandparents who have or had an existing relationship with the grandchild, but are then denied access can make a claim on "grandparents' rights" - but, it's most often applied when the parent who was their child died and the remaining parent is denying access.

It's almost impossible to assert such rights (but not impossible) when the grandparent has had no contact with the grandchild AND the parent is the one denying them access - "for reasons which are known to them."

by Anonymousreply 49July 26, 2021 10:02 PM

Go Grandpa!

by Anonymousreply 50July 26, 2021 10:05 PM

Seems he may have shown her how to grift. This is clearly bogus. It appears that he needs a few bucks so he's called the media and hopes to get something to go away.

by Anonymousreply 51July 26, 2021 10:08 PM

Grifters gonna grift. Tacky lawsuit from a tacky individual.

by Anonymousreply 52July 26, 2021 10:13 PM

Anything that further exposes his daughter for who she is, is a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 53July 26, 2021 10:14 PM

He wants a payoff, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 54July 26, 2021 10:22 PM

I don't think grandparents have any legal rights to see their grandkids.

by Anonymousreply 55July 26, 2021 10:25 PM

Dan Wootton revealing brf staff members were and are leaking Sussex info to media, how they are doing it and most mind blowingly that the brf is okay with it. Dan you knob.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 26, 2021 10:35 PM

fat fuck dad just wanted to make some extra money by selling a story to the tabloids. He has no new info on his daughter or her husband, so he came up with this lie

Custody cases aren't like a personal injury cases where a lawyers take the case for free, (and takes % of the settlement). No lawyer is going to even entertain his case unless he pays them.

And the dad doesn't have a lawyer. It's Just a way to sell a story to the tabloids. Expect more of this from him.

I wouldn't put it past fat fuck dad to call social services on them and tell them some lies. Anything to fuck with his daughter and make a few $$$ out of it

by Anonymousreply 57July 26, 2021 10:47 PM

[quote] Dan Wootton revealing brf staff members were and are leaking Sussex info to media, how they are doing it and most mind blowingly that the brf is okay with it

Here's the thing about employees of the royal family. THEY ALL SIGN NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENTS

Each and every one of them. So if they're leaking, they're doing it with the permission of someone very high up in the royal family

William was behind allowing that jason knauf to speak out

by Anonymousreply 58July 26, 2021 10:50 PM

I don't believe that grandparents should have automatic rights to their grandchildren and I don't believe the law does either. I have no strong feelings either way about the Markles. Regarding her relationship with her father, who knows what the deal is. I've seen both sides of it. I've witnessed people who were terrible parents be rebuffed by their kids in adulthood as well as people who will essentially " dump" family members for the pettiest reasons. Sometimes adults will estrange themselves from their family once they become hitched to a romantic partner. It's like they don't need or want anyone else anymore. Without knowing the individuals involved, it's hard to judge.

by Anonymousreply 59July 26, 2021 11:02 PM

R59 It doesn't matter what you think . The courts have already decided this matter in a definitive manner. Except for rare exceptions (children already living with the GPs for example), grandparents have no rights to see their grandchildren. End Stop.

by Anonymousreply 60July 27, 2021 12:50 AM

[quote] He made a lot of sacrifices for her, one of which, a big lottery win, could have funded his retirement a lot better than he is currently living. Those sacrifices, including private school and debt-free private university, launched MM to where she could get opportunities leading to her current status.

That is called "child support"

And when Thomas Markle had financial problems, Mehgan stepped up and bailed him out many times from insolvency

From the Harry & Mehgan books that I have read, Mehgan and her father had a very close, loving relationship. But the minute her engagement was announced, something snapped inside Thomas Markle and he just turned on her. For no reason, no explanation, to Mehgan it doesn't make sense.

Even after Thomas Markle first posed for those picture in the Daily Mail, and then revealed it was "posed" pictures, Harry & Mehgan didn't blame him and told him so. Both Harry & Mehgan have repeatedly tried to reach out and make amends.

But Thomas Markle seems to enjoy being in the limelight, by vilifying his daughter Mehgan. This has been very painful for Mehgan, as she can't figure out what went wrong. It was like a switch got turned on.

One minute the two were close, and then the minute her engagement was announced, her father turned into a completely different person.

by Anonymousreply 61July 27, 2021 12:57 AM

Apples ... trees. lmfao

by Anonymousreply 62July 27, 2021 10:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!