Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can you make this?

It looks like fun.

I'm gonna try it this weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2021 9:21 AM

What's in the red sauce in the second part of the video?

And then the white streaks in the red sauce?

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2021 1:35 AM

That honestly looks like it's under-cooked. I'm not sure I'd be ready to eat that.

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2021 1:45 AM

I eat eggs over easy R2, so eating this omelette wouldn't be a problem at all.

I make omelettes all the time, and you definitely don't want to over cook them, because they come out hard and rubbery and gross.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2021 1:50 AM

i like eggs over easy as well, especially with toast or bagel to soak up yolks. However, I like my omelettes cooked through with lots of gooey cheese and supreme ingredients inside. To each their own.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2021 1:57 AM

I would lick the plate!

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 2:02 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2021 2:04 AM

R2, the omelets continued to cook (as they do) when removed from the pan. By the time they were finished they were set enough for sane people who are also aware of salmonella risks, if not you.

I'd be more concerned about the amount of oil or hot fat required to do the twist-and-edge-cooking to finish. The flavor of some Asian egg dishes I've had in middle-end places can have an too-smooth oily skin. These seem to avoid that, probably with the added air and therefore slight steaming.

I'll try it and report back tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2021 2:30 AM

The egg can only be partially set if you want it to swirl. The residual heat in the egg and the hot rice finishes the cooking.

The omurice at OP looks like one that I had in Singapore. It had marinara sauce with shrimp, and heavy cream dotted around.

The basic Korean version usually comes with ketchup, and sometimes mayonnaise; ketchup sauce (sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and gochujang); or what they call demi-glace (sugar, ketchup, tonkatsu sauce, and Ottogi hash powder). It's no mistake that (Sandra) Lee is right up there with Kim as a surname.

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2021 6:56 AM

erm. not a fan of shrimp, marinara, mayonnaise or ketchup on an omelette. Don't know what tonatsku sauce or Otogi hash power is either, so i'll reserve judgment (spelled the correct way).

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2021 7:12 AM

Korean "street food"? If it doesn't contain rodents or felines, then it's not Korean street food.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2021 7:33 AM

It’s funny how in other threads people mock ketchup as trashy kids food but when we refer to it by its Japanese name, it’s suddenly “a delightful combination of sweet and tart that really sparkles.” It’s fucking ketchup.

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2021 9:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!