Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Birkenstock

What is your opinion on these shoes? Do you like them? Aren't they popular with American hipsters? In Germany, they were mostly used as slippers up until recent years.

I just ordered this pair:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 24, 2021 12:31 PM

I have a pair of traditional Birkenstocks…the ones in the OP pic look too feminine.

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2021 11:59 PM

Why hadn’t this troll account been banned yet? I don’t understand.

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2021 12:01 AM

Peppermint Patty wants her topic from 1968 back OP.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2021 12:04 AM

Be sure to get buy a hemp vest, braid your hair in dreads, stop bathing, and douse yourself in patchouli to complete the look.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2021 12:06 AM

I have some arizonas and slipons. They’re sooo comfy but do give me blisters sometimes. Maybe i need to adjust them. They last forever if you treat them right.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 12:20 AM

I thought Brikenstocks were just for lesbians. Are you transitioning, OP/GGG?

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2021 12:24 AM

I love them but they've recently been bought out by LVMH after 150 years or whatever as a family-owned company, so I fear for their future.

You're very out of date r6. Birkenstocks have been hip for a while.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2021 12:28 AM

The photo’s horrid stench is leaking through my iPad.

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2021 12:29 AM

I ordered a pair of the shearling Birkenstock’s to wear as slippers, and to take the trash/dogs out etc. They are very comfortable, but I regret paying so much for slippers that no one sees. I don’t wear them for more than 10 minutes at a time, so who cares if they’re comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2021 12:32 AM

Thanks, R7. I can't say shoes interest me very much (obviously).

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2021 12:47 AM

OP , hope you have sexy feets. Send me a pic .

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2021 1:06 AM

They turn into stinky crap if you don't wear socks with them. After awhile there's no amount of cleaning kits or baking soda or sun that will bring them back.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2021 1:43 AM

R12 I dont think they will stink. You are not wearing them with socks and fresh air is always guaranteed, so how are you supposed to stink?

And yes, R1, they do seem too feminine, but I ordered them in size 45 for only 43 Euro, so they are also made for men.

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2021 6:26 AM

Crocs are more fashionable.

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2021 9:06 AM

OP = Thank you for sharing another worthless NON GAY thread. Nobody gives a damn what kind of shoes YOU are wearing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2021 9:10 AM

I never liked them; thought/ think that they're willfully ugly. It's the sole/ footbed that makes them; they could make the sandals look a lot cooler with some better designs, but it seems they don't want that. My prediction is that the LVMH buyout will make them better-looking, but much lower-quality, and prices will rise too.

Anyway, my mother and sister, who both have serious foot problems, swear by them, so I bought myself two pairs last year. They ARE really comfortable, but you need to wear them in well to prevent blistering, as r5 says.

by Anonymousreply 16July 23, 2021 6:00 PM

The $40 plastic ones are fantastic and I don't care what people say. They are super comfy and are great for the beach, pool, car washing, rain storms, getting the mail, etc. I've been getting a new pair each spring because I wear the bottoms out.

by Anonymousreply 17July 23, 2021 6:57 PM

Ugly, but I began wearing them almost a decade ago when I'm at home to relieve plantar fasciitis. If I walk around the house barefoot for a couple of weeks then the plantar fasciitis flares up again, so I wear the Birkenstocks even though they are hideous.

by Anonymousreply 18July 23, 2021 7:36 PM

People love them because they are comfortable and like Crocs, they've developed a reverse-chic hipster appeal

I personally like Crocs better for walking the dog and running errands in the rain because you can just hose them off.

by Anonymousreply 19July 23, 2021 7:41 PM

[quote] because I wear the bottoms out.

Call me

by Anonymousreply 20July 24, 2021 11:55 AM

[quote]  In Germany

GermanGayGuy = Defarto

by Anonymousreply 21July 24, 2021 12:07 PM

I have 2 pairs of fake rubber ones I bought in Bangkok for $5. Absolutely love them..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 24, 2021 12:09 PM

WTH is fake rubber?

by Anonymousreply 23July 24, 2021 12:20 PM

When I did Peace Corps in the early 99s, most of us wore these. Then a volunteer returned from a visit home with the newly released Teva sandals. They were waterproof and much better for the sub Saharan climate. We all ditched our Bs for Tevas.

by Anonymousreply 24July 24, 2021 12:30 PM

Early 90s

by Anonymousreply 25July 24, 2021 12:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!