Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Largest school district in Ohio to require masks for all students, staff this fall

It's going to be a long fall/winter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2021 12:02 PM

That's fucking smart. I'm surprised it's Ohio

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2021 10:00 PM

Jim Jordan will start a hootin and a hollarin over this. He'll do that outraged shout-talking he loves so much.

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2021 10:02 PM

Don't get too excited, r1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2021 10:06 PM

They better start ordering mortuary freezer trucks now. Otherwise they'll end up having to stack up the bodies in skating rinks like they did with the corpses from the Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2021 10:10 PM

The bill takes effect well after the beginning of school, so the schools can mandate before. DeWine thought he could get the FDA to move quicker to formally approve the vaccine, so there is no hesitancy to get it. He has been an outspoken advocate of vaccine and mask wearing, so the signing of the bill seemed very odd:

"On Tuesday, the governor said it's important for the FDA to switch coronavirus vaccines from emergency use authorization to full approval as soon as possible. DeWine says the vaccine's emergency use status is contributing to vaccine hesitancy in Ohio.

According to DeWine's spokesperson, Dan Tierney, "The primary purpose of the bill was to enhance educational opportunities for children in military families–a worthy goal. The amendment was limited to vaccines that do not have full FDA approval. We are confident that these vaccines, proven repeatedly to be very safe and very effective, will be approved by the FDA, thus rendering this issue moot."

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2021 10:12 PM

I have a feeling that by the time the fall semester starts we will all largely be back online.

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2021 10:24 PM

I teach at a university, and I'm getting a bad feeling, r6.

With that said, I miss having a classroom full of students. Online is not, and will never be, the same. It feels like half teaching.

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2021 10:25 PM

It beats feeling fully dead, R7.

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2021 10:29 PM

I'm sure they're contracting with Republican-owned mask manufacturers as we type.

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2021 10:45 PM

Oh, Ohio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2021 10:26 AM

No chance of passing.

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2021 12:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!