Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

American Flag at Gym

What’s so bad about the American flag on the wall of my gym. The other day I heard one of the gays complain about how they had the American flag displayed. My feeling is that if those of us on the left don’t display it, the crazies on the right will claim it… actually I think they already have.

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2021 12:50 PM

We live in a country with a troubled history where there’s progress. Now we can marry, serve in the military, and if we’re subjected to biased violence, can allow our voices to be hurt and the perpetrators punished.

I love this country and I’m proud to be an American. We have aways to go but there’s a reason why we’re the main super power. People have hope and opportunity that they not in other countries. There’s a reason why so many people want to come here.

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2021 5:34 PM

Voices heard*

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2021 5:35 PM

You are SO full of shit OP. One of the gays?? What part of Kiev are you from?

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2021 5:46 PM

Shut up, R3. You're tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2021 5:54 PM

R3 Seriously he’s making an observation you tool

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2021 6:40 PM

Maybe they were complaining about *how* it was being displayed. Was it taped to the wall? Tacked up? Nailed? I have a flag out front of my house and I bring it in if it is going to rain and leave it illuminated at night. Some people are very picky about flag etiquette. I have gotten flack from gay friends that I do fly the flag, however, so maybe they were just pissy bitches.

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2021 6:45 PM

This person was clearly complaining about its presence, not how it was displayed.

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2021 6:47 PM

R6, you’re referring to the flag code. The flag code is actually federal law, though there is no penalty for breaking it, and it is indeed quite specific as to how the flag should be displayed.

In this case, I bet it was tacked horizontally to a wall in the orientation it would fly. That is wrong. The flag should only be hung vertically by the mounts used to hang it from a staff because mounting the corners where the stripes terminate would not allow the flag to fly free, a big no-no.

R7, be that as it may, if you’re going to be patriotic and display the flag, at least have the respect not to do it in a half-asses way, in direct contradiction to US law.

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2021 7:01 PM

Ya think, OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2021 12:40 PM

^Exactly, that’s what has happened, our flag has been claimed by right wing weirdos and they’ve given it the redneck graphic design treatment.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2021 12:43 PM

The Magats ruined pride in the flag by wearing it as bikinis or shorts.

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2021 12:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!